New "Heroes" Appear: Darkness Within (May 10 ~) SPOILERS: Datamined Stats

Coolmanio

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Lanko said:

Hm, I usually like the Jap dubbings, but I actually disliked this Berkut. I didn't like the echo and the tone of the voice felt like stuff I already heard thousands of times in anime.

I would have considered the echo to be nothing special if it were actually just an echo like it usually is. What I personally liked about it is the fact that they didn't do an actual echo, but had Duma's voice actor voice the same lines and overlaid them with Berkut's. Since I've been playing Heroes in Japanese, both Berkut's and Duma's voices were immediately recognizable to me as who they were voiced by.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

And yes. A disappointing Forging Bonds is just one more reason among many why this should have a Special Heroes banner, not taking one of our precious and all too rare New Heroes banner slots.

Any new Special Heroes banner would necessarily take a New Heroes banner slot anyways, so it wouldn't be any different (except that these characters stay in the standard summoning pool).

Edited by Ice Dragon

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, because female Robin still has more popularity than male Corrin. Probably enough to work as a legendary even if male Robin is more popular. Male Corrin I just see as having too little popularity even compared to that.

I mean if you wanna look at numbers here are male Corrin's rankings in CYL and the fates popularity poll.

CYL 1 he placed 20th in the male category and 40th overall

CYL 2 he placed 25th(actually might've been 35th) in the male category and 84th overall

CYL 3: He placed 24th in the male category and 70th overall

In the fates popularity poll he placed 5th on the male side and I don't how he placed overall.

So in conclusion while the popularity gap between male and female corrin is not nearly as small as male and female Robin, He still is relatively popular surprisingly enough

Edited by Ottservia

I know people complain about more Corrin and Tiki alts, and yet they are the only two units on this banner that interest me. I have yet to get a version of Young Tiki and I really like colourless dragon as a weapon type. I have enough infantry sword units to last a life time and seeing the flamed up Rinea holding on to Berkut brings back memories of why I hated Shadows of Valentia and think it is truly a dreadful game, I like Delthea and free version of her is cool.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would have considered the echo to be nothing special if it were actually just an echo like it usually is. What I personally liked about it is the fact that they didn't do an actual echo, but had Duma's voice actor voice the same lines and overlaid them with Berkut's. Since I've been playing Heroes in Japanese, both Berkut's and Duma's voices were immediately recognizable to me as who they were voiced by.

Any new Special Heroes banner would necessarily take a New Heroes banner slot anyways, so it wouldn't be any different (except that these characters stay in the standard summoning pool).

Correct. But these past few months, they already seem to have robbed us of the 2nd New Heroes slot long term in favor of more Special Heroes slots. This is basically salt in the wound. 

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Correct. But these past few months, they already seem to have robbed us of the 2nd New Heroes slot long term in favor of more Special Heroes slots. This is basically salt in the wound. 

"This should have been a Special Heroes banner" and "this banner shouldn't have existed" are not the same argument. If you mean the latter, you should say the latter.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Legendary Robin should've never been Grima imo. A legendary Robin makes way more sense in the Grandmaster class and wielding the Levin Sword. And Grima sucks imo.

Anyway, I just saw that this banner is getting an FB. Seriously? An FB with villainous possessed characters? I guess they're going back to shitty writing again. :/ This could not possibly work well at all. This will be the first FB I skip entirely. I play it mainly for the writing now since it improved.

All New Heroes Banners have Forging Bonds tied to them

I'm curious about the conversations for this one, especially for Berkut~ Mareeta might be interesting, as well~ 

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"This should have been a Special Heroes banner" and "this banner shouldn't have existed" are not the same argument. If you mean the latter, you should say the latter.

I do not mean the latter though. 

If we're going to get more special heroes banners (which it seems, to my disappointment, that we are), I would prefer that they be higher quality ones like this one or Adrift, as opposed to seasonals.

The increase in special heroes banners should be used to justify banners like this one. It should not be increased AND then have a banner like this one further take new heroes slots. 

Don't put words in my mouth.

Another Fallen Heroes banner. OK.

Mareeta: Nice, FE5 fans got another rep that isn't the Dire Thunder siblings.
FCorrin: Interesting choice - they went with Chapter 5 Corrin when she transformed for the first time while grieving for Mikoto. At least it's better than Fallen Celica, who's a cutscene-only character, lol.
Berkut: We all saw this coming and they certainly delivered, especially in the JP ver.
Tiki and Delthea: Alright. Brainwashed characters aren't out of the question for these sort of banners.

Onto the units. Overall, this banner isn't really too crazy. If the last Fallen Heroes banner was of any indication, there's going to be no demotes.

Mareeta: Sword infantry number ##. Flashing Blade 4 is cool but as pointed out to me, it's not too crazy.
Berkut: Another lance cavalier. Warding Stance is finally going to be in the permanent pool except it's 5* exclusive. His Prf is neat in that it can allow for easy setups of Desperation, Vantage, and Escape Route.
FCorrin: Our 2nd colorless melee infantry and this one's a manakete. She appears to be designed with the intent to be used for AR offense since IS seemingly figured out that players want a colorless melee infantry as Null C-Disrupt tanks and have also noticed that (omega)tank units in AR generally don't expect much support during the enemy phase (on top of dragons being popular in general). However, FCorrin has more problems than Velouria due to being weak to dragonkillers. She also gets trolled by Mystic Boost. And given how Corrin is depicted, her Res stat is likely not going to be much better than Velouria's. At least Atk/Spd Solo gets to be in the permanent pool. Sudden Panic is neat until you realize that we have Aversa, who does something similar with her Prf weapon (though it has a more strict HP threshold).
YTiki: The 1st colorless dragon armored unit in the permanent pool. She's neat in that her C-skill allows her to easily fit into a dragon team. However, as a colorless dragon armored unit, she faces the same problems Duma has: being weak to dragonkillers and armorkillers and getting trolled by Mystic Boost. At least she's a colorless dragonkiller with a DC Prf weapon. Special Fighter is cool fodder but Brave Ephraim exists and he's green.
Delthea: No matter how you slice it, she'll always have competition regardless of which color she is. Red? Lilina and Tharja. Blue? Tailtiu and Mae. Green? Nino.

I'd probably prioritize using my freebies on red, followed by colorless, then blue. Only picking red not necessarily for Mareeta but more for MCorrin merges and/or possibly Brave Celica spooks. Colorless gets 2nd priority if only because it has 2 of the Focus units so best chances of getting a Focus pull. Don't really have much of a reason to pull blue aside from maybe getting Mordecai but I could do that on any other recent banner. Plus, I'm still saving for the bride banners.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I do not mean the latter though. 

If we're going to get more special heroes banners (which it seems, to my disappointment, that we are), I would prefer that they be higher quality ones like this one or Adrift, as opposed to seasonals.

The increase in special heroes banners should be used to justify banners like this one. It should not be increased AND then have a banner like this one further take new heroes slots. 

Don't put words in my mouth.

As I've already said, there would be literally zero difference if this were a Special Heroes banner instead of a New Heroes banner. The only way for this to not take up the spot of a New Heroes banner is for this banner to not exist at all, but if that's not what you're arguing, then I have no idea what you're trying to argue because this banner cannot both (1) exist and (2) not take up the spot of a New Heroes banner.

I have to try to put words in your mouth to guess what you're trying to say and have you validate it because what you're actually saying either makes zero sense or is treating wishful thinking as if it were reality.

1 hour ago, TheWill said:

She got vote brigaded by a Youtuber in CYL3, so her position is inaccurate to her actual popularity.

Male Robin did beat the female version by a reasonable amount (16th vs. 24th) in CYL1, which is the only CYL that should be taken remotely seriously considering how the motivations of voting changed with CYL2 and beyond. But I do agree the popularity difference between the Robin's is not to a large degree. Especially compared to the Corrin's (9th vs. 41st).

That was pointed out already, and I responded:

10 hours ago, Florete said:

This happened, but it's tough to say if he was really the cause of 18,000+ votes alone. Memes and fanart of female Robin/Grima certainly saw an increase in 2018, and there are likely more players with female Grima than male, so other causes of her popularity surge are definitely possible.

I know male Robin got more in the previous two CYLs. That's why I mentioned that he has typically been the more popular.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Now I just realized that ffCorrin and fTiki are both colorless. That's going to make pulling for Tiki more difficult. Why there is a trend of more colorless melee units these days?

Most likely to even out the colors. We currently have 6 each of red, blue, and green breath units, but only 2 colorless breath units prior to this banner.

Corrin and Tiki feel a bit unnecessary, but they're both really neat regardless, and having them share a color makes for a good rate. I think I'll go for one of them now, then try to get Mareeta and maybe the other dragon on reruns.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

And yes. A disappointing Forging Bonds is just one more reason among many why this should have a Special Heroes banner, not taking one of our precious and all too rare New Heroes banner slots.

I think it'd be pretty funny to see what these possessed characters have to say. 

41 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Now I just realized that ffCorrin and fTiki are both colorless. That's going to make pulling for Tiki more difficult. Why there is a trend of more colorless melee units these days?

Now if they could just put more effort into making the colorless pool more desirable by periodically injecting new demotes into it

Really would be nice if once we could have a new banner and just... talk about the new banner, and the new skills that are being introduced into the permanent pool - which could actually indicate that brazen atk/spd (for example) might be on another unit down the road and demotable, (or that brazen def/res might be on a summonable unit), which saves grails and all. just once. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Really would be nice if once we could have a new banner and just... talk about the new banner, and the new skills that are being introduced into the permanent pool - which could actually indicate that brazen atk/spd (for example) might be on another unit down the road and demotable, (or that brazen def/res might be on a summonable unit), which saves grails and all. just once. 

Stop reminding me that I need to get 12 copies of Tiki so that I can finally give Celica her Brazen Atk/Spd.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Stop reminding me that I need to get 12 copies of Tiki so that I can finally give Celica her Brazen Atk/Spd.

lol i still haven't given mine Brazen atk/spd either. 
I like her better with Fury. 

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Mareeta: Sword infantry number ##.

-by my calculations.

Of whom, only six are alts. And at least 32 remain in the canonical archives of FE to add.

46 minutes ago, redlight said:

Now if they could just put more effort into making the entire summoning pool more desirable by periodically injecting new demotes into it

Corrected.

IS hit themselves in the head by not having a 5*-5*-4*-3* format for banners at launch. Doing that instead would've made things so much better. And now so much later into this game's development, they can't afford to do that since this game isn't as big a moneymaker as it used to be. They abide by an outdated tradition 5*-5*-5*-5* with one demoting at most at the end of a banner.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Anyway, I just saw that this banner is getting an FB. Seriously? An FB with villainous possessed characters? I guess they're going back to shitty writing again. :/ This could not possibly work well at all. This will be the first FB I skip entirely. I play it mainly for the writing now since it improved.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Wooah, wait a moment. It's a bit soon to say the writing will suck. I don't know if you two read the dialogues of the first-year fallen heroes, but all four of them could actually be reasoned with a bit.

Male Grima was so reasonable in fact, that he gained a lot of fans thanks to Heroes. We finally learned a bit more about him and why he hates humanity. He was betrayed and used in the past.

Fallen Celica was mostly a "Duma is great! Duma is just!" puppet, but she had some memories who haunted her and in some occasions the real Celica came out.

Fallen Hardin was a bad guy obsessed with strenght and being a powerful ruler for the sake of his empire, but he could be reasoned with. I don't think it would be difficult to put him in a FB, or not more diffcult than with other villains like Ashnard, Garon or Zephiel.

Fallen Takumi is probably the worst of them, and would probably make for a pretty bad friend to talk with, but he still has moments of nostalgic grief when he recalls his family. So you can talk about that.

If the new fallen heroes are like the originals, it would be possible to give them a forging bond, perhaps based entirely on trying to restore their soul/sanity, like the one with Idunn.

The characters in the banner all came back to their senses in canon after all.

Except Berkut. I don't know what they will do with him.

Still, pretty nice banner. I noticed a pattern with the "Possessed Heroes" (seriously, all the heroes of this category except Corrin are possessed by something or someone).

We have Tiki, the possesed good guy from FE1, Delthea the one from FE2, Hardin the one from from FE3, and Mareeta, the possessed one from FE5.

If we get Julia from FE4 in Fallen Heroes 3, that's a really nice combo.

And this pattern also work if we count backwards from the most recent game.

We have Berkut from FE15, Takumi from FE14 and Robin from FE13.

If the much desired FH 3 gives us Eremiah from FE12 and whoever gets possessed in Three Houses, the pattern completes itself amazingly well. And you all say the devs don't balance stuff from newer and old games xD

Althought if this pattern holds true, it will suck for fans of the games that are in the middle.

RIP Greil and Lyon. They will have to wait for FH 4.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IS hit themselves in the head by not having a 5*-5*-4*-3* format for banners at launch. Doing that instead would've made things so much better. And now so much later into this game's development, they can't afford to do that since this game isn't as big a moneymaker as it used to be. They abide by an outdated tradition 5*-5*-5*-5* with one demoting at most at the end of a banner.

Idea has been acquisited for theorycrafting a FEH rerelease. Thanks.

I’m going to do something for fun (*GASP*) and predict Fallen Heroes 3:

- Muarim

- Lyon

- Maria

- Julia

- GHB: Bertram/Renning

Mareeta actually looks really cool and I'm glad to see we got this version of Berkut. Might pull for them, not entirely sure. Does anyone know if there's a GHB unit and who it is?