New "Heroes" Appear: Darkness Within (May 10 ~) SPOILERS: Datamined Stats

Coolmanio

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm more astounded how many people are still using the CYL polls as a way to gauge a character's popularity. 

Do you have a better method?

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Do you have a better method?

He kinda has a point. They’re somewhat dubious because one year someone would perform poorly like Leif, only to jump to the top ten the next because “WE WANT THRACIA!”, and then once again plummet after their wish is granted.

We get meme characters like Dorcas and Lute very high in year one, only to do so-so later on.

Reinhardt was in... what? The 400s? After getting an insane weapon, the rest is history. 

This year Louise recently got in the early teens for females and let’s face it, if it weren’t for Mangs then she’d probably only grace the 200s at best. 

I think CYL results should be taken with a grain of salt due to their sheer inconsistency. At the very least I wouldn’t call them a gauge on popularity, rather just people who really want X-character to get an CYL alt or even an alt in general for those already in the game, whereas they’d want one who isn’t in the game to be added eventually .

Spoiler

3op3ehc953x21.jpg

*Corrin's Fire Brath+ has 8 Mt, So she has 35 Atk

Delthea: Tatarrah's Puppet - Blue Infantry Tome / HP: 41 Atk: 36 Spd: 33 Def: 19 Res: 28
Weapon: Death (Mt 14, Rng 2): Grants Res+3. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat. After combat, if unit attacked, deals 4 damage to unit.
Special: Glacies;
A-Skill: Death Blow 3, at 5*
C-Skill: Even Atk Wave 3, at 4* 

Edited by Diovani Bressan

14 minutes ago, Silverly said:

He kinda has a point. They’re somewhat dubious because one year someone would perform poorly like Leif, only to jump to the top ten the next because “WE WANT THRACIA!”, and then once again plummet after their wish is granted.

We get meme characters like Dorcas and Lute very high in year one, only to do so-so later on.

Reinhardt was in... what? The 400s? After getting an insane weapon, the rest is history. 

This year Louise recently got in the early teens for females and let’s face it, if it weren’t for Mangs then she’d probably only grace the 200s at best. 

I think CYL results should be taken with a grain of salt due to their sheer inconsistency. At the very least I wouldn’t call them a gauge on popularity, rather just people who really want X-character to get an CYL alt or even an alt in general for those already in the game, whereas they’d want one who isn’t in the game to be added eventually .

All of those are issues with it, but that doesn't answer my question.

Spoiler

Blue Delthea is bleh, but at the same time, I need a Blue to +10 since Nowi doesn't want to exist so I guess I'll take it

Rest of the stats are pretty expected~ F!Corrin's kinda crazy and Mareeta looks like she'll be a great Galeforce unit. Berkut's stats are also pretty good for what he's meant to do~

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

FEH would likely make him retain some senses, but lore-wise, no way would Ike be able to hold any sentience as Ashnard does. Ashnard is already so chaotic in nature that touching the Medallion cannot make him lose himself to chaos. He is already immersed in his own chaos. 

Maybe for Ike, it's a case of having willpower so strong that he can resist some of the chaotic energy or something.

Spoiler
  • Berkut is super min maxed. I guess Reina is slowing him down.
  • FTiki is quite similar for her legendary counterpart with some minor stat changes.
  • Mareeta is record breaking fast. Flashing blade 4 dealing  true damage helps her not be walled often.
  • ffCorrin has a 173 bst at this point dragon flowers and gen 3 as reaching new levels of absurdity.
  • While Delthea have more stats none to to her attack or speed. Her tome is nice though, make me wonder why she isn't a red unit.

Solid skip for me, now I would like a male Grima banner to return. I ended up pulled three, count em... 1, 2, 3 +spd Grima!!!!! Like, what the fuck?!

Spoiler

Also I dislike that evil Delthea comes with death blow 3 despite there being a 4th tier version. The same deal with picnic Leo in the last tempest trials. IS don't want the premium skills to be common. 

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  Hide contents

Also I dislike that evil Delthea comes with death blow 3 despite there being a 4th tier version. The same deal with picnic Leo in the last tempest trials. IS don't want the premium skills to be common. 

They've never released a Tier 4 skill on a free unit yet, and I don't think they plan on doing it anytime soon. Seals can't be upgraded to Tier 4 either. Seems fine to me: they're rare, special rewards, not something commonplace.

Also, in Delthea's case, it'd require making Death Blow her 4* skill instead of Atk Wave.

Has Delthea's art been shown yet? I'm kinda interested in seeing it. I've never pulled normal Delthea before, so this is the only Delthea I can have for awhile. Hope the art isn't bad.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Has Delthea's art been shown yet? I'm kinda interested in seeing it. I've never pulled normal Delthea before, so this is the only Delthea I can have for awhile. Hope the art isn't bad.

Spoiler

D7IyRB3.jpg

Same artist as Ophelia I believe. 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It isn't. It was done by the artist of Winter Lissa, Ophelia and Spring Veronica (Umiu Geso):

https://imgur.com/a/G7CS79E

Ah, thanks! I like that better than regular Delthea. Especially since it doesn't give her that weird hanging tooth that the regular art has. Makes her seem like she's some kind of animal. Not having that tooth is more realistic imo.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ah, thanks! I like that better than regular Delthea. Especially since it doesn't give her that weird hanging tooth that the regular art has. Makes her seem like she's some kind of animal.

She canonically has a fang in her Echoes art

latest?cb=20170405130617

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

She canonically has a fang in her Echoes art

latest?cb=20170405130617

...Wow, that's pretty stupid. Can't imagine why anyone would give such a feature to a character that isn't a beast shapeshifter or something. It looks random and unrealistic otherwise.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow, that's pretty stupid. Can't imagine why anyone would give such a feature to a character that isn't a beast shapeshifter or something. It looks random and unrealistic otherwise.

I believe it’s supposed to make her appear mischievous.

1 minute ago, Dai said:

I believe it’s supposed to make her appear mischievous.

I don't see how a fang = mischievous, but eh. I still think it's a bad design choice. To me, fangs always mean animals like big cats or wolves. Or vampires.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't see how a fang = mischievous, but eh. I still think it's a bad design choice. To me, fangs always mean animals like big cats or wolves. Or vampires.

It's typically an Anime trait, as he said, young characters like her having a fang is not uncommon~

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Its a trope.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CuteLittleFangs - "These indicate, generally, that the character is mischievous, slightly hostile, or a trickster, but not actually "bad." "

Spoiler

DAMN, Delthea looks great! Fantastic artwork and exclusive weapon (powercreeping Spring Veronica's prf). Her stat spread is much better than OG Delthea's too. While she has less speed and no boon / bane, the extra Def and HP help her out a ton when initiating against DC units / Dragons, where OG Delthea would normally get one shot. The extra stats granted by her prf also is pretty cool and might let her run stuff like CC Vantage pretty well. Only gripe I have with her is that she's blue and I already have quite a few blue merge projects.

Aside from that, nothing from the banner really impresses me, though I do think F!Corrin and Y!Tiki have pretty cool stat spreads. Even though I like her, I still find it dumb that F!Corrin is considered a trainee unit.

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

@Diovani Bressan I think your image is broken or deleted. Grabbed this from Gamepress.

Spoiler

lv_1__40_darkness_within.jpg

And here are my thoughts...

Spoiler

~Mareeta is a fast and powerful Infantry Sword with below average defensive ability. Welcome to the club, remember to use a coaster. Mia made them for Ayra. Oh, you have a Spd Superasset? Lemme introduce you to Karla, I'm sure you two have lots in common.

~Berkut could almost pass for an Armor unit if he had a little more in the way of Res and HP. But the way he is, he actually poses a legitimate threat to ranged units... I can imagine replacing Warding Stance 4 with Distant Defense 4 even, just to expand who he can counter to include Bladetomes and really strong bows... also he looks to have an Atk Superasset.

~Corrin has the stats, certainly. A Superasset in Speed will help her reach the speed she needs to be able to be shoved into the battle by Mordecai and solo everything, so long as she has Distant Counter and maybe also Null C Followup for backup.

~Oh dear, Tiki what are they doing to you...? Her stats are just mixed enough that she gets an overall benefit from her personal skill, and Brazen Atk/Spd is just perfect for her... goddamn, I'm gonna need to make sure my dragonkillers are up to snuff with this one...

~Delthea...

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Delthea: Tatarrah's Puppet - Blue Infantry Tome / HP: 41 Atk: 36 Spd: 33 Def: 19 Res: 28
Weapon: Death (Mt 14, Rng 2): Grants Res+3. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat. After combat, if unit attacked, deals 4 damage to unit.
Special: Glacies;
A-Skill: Death Blow 3, at 5*
C-Skill: Even Atk Wave 3, at 4* 

Not bad for a free unit.

After looking through the artwork... goddamn, Corrin needs to put some freaking pants on.

Edited by Xenomata

Spoiler

Delthea’s looking nice! I’m really happy about that even attack wave at 4 stars; I’ve been wanting to mess around with an attack wave skill on Celica without having to sack a Lewyn.

Mareeta’s stats look nice and I’ll probably go red for free pulls, but I really need to save for Yune (plus I’ll probably want someone on the bride banner anyway). I am a little annoyed though because she reminds me of how underwhelming Brave Celica is...Double Lion is great don’t get me wrong, but the hp requirement can be tough and her spread isn’t the most dominant.

I love Corrin’s art but I’m not a fan of how her spread is essentially a straight upgrade over F!Grima and F!Adrift Corrin. I get that power creep is inevitable but still