New "Heroes" Appear: Darkness Within (May 10 ~) SPOILERS: Datamined Stats

Coolmanio

Given Corrin's stats, I wonder if wacky Savage or Dark Breath Shield Pulse or Water/Windsweep builds would be a good idea on her like it was on her regular self and probably her Adrift selves, so male and female.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Othin said:

We don't have an "actual" popularity poll. CYL has its issues, but it's the closest thing we've got right now.

Last time I'm going to  respond this because we're clearly don't agree on this & it's getting off topic.

Those issues are why CYL unreliable. Maybe they give you an idea who's liked but there's a prize on where a character is ranked. How much are Bruno's votes are him being popular to just wanting him to be playable?

The most reliable one was CYL 1 & that's incredibly outdated now.

35 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Those issues are why CYL unreliable. Maybe they give you an idea who's liked but there's a prize on where a character is ranked. How much are Bruno's votes are him being popular to just wanting him to be playable?

Yeah, it's also pretty hard to ignore how the most of the characters added between CYL2 and CYL3 suffered noticeable drop-offs in votes in CYL3, such as:

Spoiler

Kliff: 5,955 votes -> 1,680 votes

Quan: 2,239 votes -> 605 votes

Lewyn: 3,579 votes -> 1,533 votes

Leif: 10,529 votes -> 4,155 votes

Canas: 2,827 votes -> 831 votes

Legault: 1,276 votes -> 381 votes

Marisa: 4,293 votes -> 2,565 votes

Sumia: 4,593 votes -> 878 votes

Maribelle: 4,662 votes -> 770 votes

Libra: 1,434 votes -> 526 votes

Aversa: 5,033 votes -> 1,998 votes

Walhart: 1,335 votes -> 322 votes

Owain: 7,835 votes -> 3,117 votes

Gerome: 1,513 votes -> 485 votes

Morgan [Male]: 2,533 votes -> 896 votes

Morgan [Female]: 8,394 votes -> 3,649 votes

Mikoto: 1,787 votes -> 802 votes

Kaze: 4,021 votes -> 1,058 votes

Silas: 2,032 votes -> 837 votes

Flora: 2,932 votes -> 1,115 votes

Kana [Male]: 2,284 votes -> 510 votes

Kana [Female]: 3,199 votes -> 1,173 votes

Ophelia: 3,812 votes -> 2,632 votes

Nina: 1,342 votes -> 608 votes

Sure, CYL is the best metric we have for measuring popularity at this point...however that doesn't mean it's even a remotely good or an accurate one because it definitely isn't. Personally, I can't wait to see how bad Haar's drop-off in CYL4 is going to be.

49 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, it's also pretty hard to ignore how the most of the characters added between CYL2 and CYL3 suffered noticeable drop-offs in votes in CYL3, such as:

Reveal hidden contents

Kliff: 5,955 votes -> 1,680 votes

Quan: 2,239 votes -> 605 votes

Lewyn: 3,579 votes -> 1,533 votes

Leif: 10,529 votes -> 4,155 votes

Canas: 2,827 votes -> 831 votes

Legault: 1,276 votes -> 381 votes

Marisa: 4,293 votes -> 2,565 votes

Sumia: 4,593 votes -> 878 votes

Maribelle: 4,662 votes -> 770 votes

Libra: 1,434 votes -> 526 votes

Aversa: 5,033 votes -> 1,998 votes

Walhart: 1,335 votes -> 322 votes

Owain: 7,835 votes -> 3,117 votes

Gerome: 1,513 votes -> 485 votes

Morgan [Male]: 2,533 votes -> 896 votes

Morgan [Female]: 8,394 votes -> 3,649 votes

Mikoto: 1,787 votes -> 802 votes

Kaze: 4,021 votes -> 1,058 votes

Silas: 2,032 votes -> 837 votes

Flora: 2,932 votes -> 1,115 votes

Kana [Male]: 2,284 votes -> 510 votes

Kana [Female]: 3,199 votes -> 1,173 votes

Ophelia: 3,812 votes -> 2,632 votes

Nina: 1,342 votes -> 608 votes

Sure, CYL is the best metric we have for measuring popularity at this point...however that doesn't mean it's even a remotely good or an accurate one because it definitely isn't. Personally, I can't wait to see how bad Haar's drop-off in CYL4 is going to be.

Exactly. It kind of sucks as a metric, but it's still the best we've got right now.

There are lots of situations where it doesn't meaningfully hold up, such as comparing a character in Heroes to one who isn't. However, we can account for confounding factors and acknowledge issues with precision and still draw meaningful conclusions such as "out of the characters not yet in Heroes, Jill is one of the most popular" and "Reinhardt has become very popular".

Regardless of real popularity, IS pays attention to CYL, that is readily apparent. And this is what matters.

I wonder when they'll do the first ? popularity poll? I can absolutely see one happening before CYL4.

As for who ranks high on the first 3H poll, the 4 MCs should be taken as a universal scientific law to dominate it. I also expect other early joiners to do well. Now what I can't determine is the effect of FEH on 3H popularity, since there will certainly be a wave or three of banners for 3H starting either just before or by like a week or after its release. Will performance and portrayal in FEH of those who do come in at this time impact the popularities on a purely 3H designated poll later?

On 08/05/2019 at 1:31 AM, Sunwoo said:

Least popular avatar character is still popular in the grand scheme of things. He scored 70th overall in a poll that contained some 600 characters. Even if he's less popular than both Robins and female Corrin, how is 70/600something considered unpopular?

70 is trash for a main character especially from a recent game that sold very well. Even Sigurd, Seliph and Leif have a stronger showing despite being from a far less popular game. 

16 hours ago, Solaris998 said:

What do you mean? Berkut's hair has always been black in all of his appearances.

His hair's brown. In his Heroes sprite, and in all of his art (both in SoV and in Heroes.)

Spoiler

lv_1__40_darkness_within.jpg

I was kind of expecting Tiki to be faster, but these colourless dragons are still something.

The other two are as expected (which doesn't mean I wouldn't take Berkut (To be Fair, I wouldn't be mad at getting Mareeta either, she's got a superboon and is faster than Karla. :P) and Delthea's also pretty dang good, close to Delthea's bases while having much better defence and HP and Death is amazing.

Edited by Dayni

I thought the datamine stats was posted earlier?

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

70 is trash for a main character especially from a recent game that sold very well. Even Sigurd, Seliph and Leif have a stronger showing despite being from a far less popular game. 

This really should be discuss in another thread, but are you also factoring how many of those votes are base on just wanting a legendary variant?

Edited by Zangetsu

27 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I thought the datamine stats was posted earlier?

I thought the image had been lost when I was searching the thread for it, so I had to look for it elsewhere again.

If Diovani Bressan had first posted it, the image was missing for sure as it's not in the OP and the image is lot in his post too.

Edited by Dayni

Because of the free 10 orbs we'll get soon and the 4 free tickets I decided to use 50 orbs. I'll still have a good amount of orbs for the legendary banner because the chances for any character I like to get a bride alt are super low so I'm not worried on that front.

Anyway, pulled a colorless orb, couldn't skip the summon and got excited...only to get a -Spd BowHinoka. 

Thanks, I hate it. I would have very much preferred a Gen 1 Genny.

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

His hair's brown. In his Heroes sprite, and in all of his art (both in SoV and in Heroes.)

I mean looking at his official art I guess I can see how you can get brown but I always saw it as black myself (I would put it up for reference but Serenes won't let me-)

Used up all the free circle/4 ticket circles, usually taking all colors except green.
The results were very bizarre (although I won't complain about the rate in the slightest, for 72 orbs)

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=411&height=487

Didn't own Keaton, Dreamilla, or Thea yet, so overall a good haul I guess, just no potential bonus unit for Arena/AR.

Pulled colorless on my free sessions, then kept going and got Corrin! Took about 80 orbs, which was a bit stressful but I think it's right about average for getting one of the dragons, considering the tickets.

Corrin is pretty sweet, and mine is +Spd/-Res, which seems really good. Been training her in the story maps while refilling my orb supply. Back up to 300 after dipping a bit below it, hoping to get to around 450 before the legendary banner.

It's a bit frustrating having free summon tickets at non-trivial point values. I always get them all before starting any non-free sessions, but that takes a bunch of runs and can require waiting a while for optimal rounds. I like having them, but I wish they'd drop to around 100 points rather then 400.

Edited by Othin

I got DW!F!Corrin (+Atk, -HP) and DW!Y!Tiki (+HP, -Atk) from my free summons.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

So if Fallen Heroes got a sequel, that means Sleepy Heroes will get a sequel. So...Chrom, both Robins, and Emmeryn dressed as Lucina, yes?

Then the 2nd question here will be answered.

qbZl3ke.png

12 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

So if Fallen Heroes got a sequel, that means Sleepy Heroes will get a sequel. So...Chrom, both Robins, and Emmeryn dressed as Lucina, yes?

It's a possibility, but not a guarantee. Fallen Heroes was much more popular than Adrift.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's a possibility, but not a guarantee. Fallen Heroes was much more popular than Adrift.

Did I mention there would be a Young Lucina alt?

13 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Then the 2nd question here will be answered.

"Is Marth a Lucina" should be the new "Is Marth/Roy in this game?"

The upcoming calendar doesn't look that interesting so I pulled for Tiki. Pulled a DW!Corrin while I was taking a dump and her asset/flaw (+HP/-Atk) is just as bad but at least Tiki's isn't detrimental.