New "Heroes" Appear: Darkness Within (May 10 ~) SPOILERS: Datamined Stats

Coolmanio

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

And then female Robin out-placed male in CYL 3 with over twice as many votes.

That was more of a Smash Youtuber's doing (not unlike with Mangs and Louise) rather than people's perceptions actually changing. Male Robin outperformed female in the previous two CYLs .

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that female Robin only placed higher than male Robin this year because a famous YouTuber rallied for her, in which case that muddies the true nature of her popularity quite a bit. If that is true, then the previous two years, where male Robin placed slightly higher than female Robin, are probably a more accurate assessment of their relative popularity compared to each other and to other guys and girls.

EDIT: Wow, thanks Tybrosion

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Not gonna lie, I’m a bit salty.

Berkut and Mareeta make sense and it’s berkut first alt.

Tiki has enough characters + she barely looks any dufferent from her legendary version.

Corrin also has enough alts bit unlike Tiki she doesn’t even have any story excuses and even if she had the adrift banner already has a weird corrin.

Also, this was the only chance I could see us getting another Julia.

Well its speculated this Corrin is based on chapter 5, where's she a feral dragon. 

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Sorry, didn't mean to ninja you there.

It's okay, this is Heroes after all, gotta have a few ninjas here and there

Huh... kinda forgot about Flashing Blade...

Well anyways, Mareeta seems great. Flashing Blade 4 seems broken, given the effect and now it also grants +5 damage, so no real loss for speedy units. Wrath looks like it'll be a prime skill to throw on anyone who gets FB4, Mareeta especially, and Wo Dao users got a new toy to play with as well. Oh boy, I think I know what I'll be doing with my +10 Brave Celica now... Can't say I know much about Mareeta besides her being possessed, though I do wonder if she'll get the Hardin treatment and this'll be the only form we ever see her in... which is a shame, cause there aint much to learn about a person when they're possessed.

Berkut... you got a little something in your neck there, might wanna see a doctor about that... Warding Stance 4 matches its brother, no surprise there, but I do wonder how much Res Berkut himself will have. Kriemhild doesn't even have a stat boost like most other recent Prfs do. But hey, this seems like a great boon for anyone looking for a safe way to get a unit down to below 75% HP!

Corrin... needs her Smash Bros tights, I'm sorry but that's a lot of thigh.

...anyway, she looks like she'd go great with Mordecai. He can just punch her into the fray, everyone nearby will be debuffed, she'll be buffed up herself from Mordy's Link skill, and also she has +6 to all stats from being a lone wolf. Sudden Panic is pretty much what I'd expect from a skill conversion of Aversa's Night.

Tiki... goddamn. First off, yay Divine Breath duplicate. Second, Dragon Armor teams just got a whole new level of nightmarish. Tiki seriously just GETS +4 to all stats AND Armor March status for either being alone or being next to a dragon??? And her Ignis trigger added 32 damage, so you know she's packing in Defense. Oh man, I should probably get my Falchions ready...

5 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Corrin also has enough alts bit unlike Tiki she doesn’t even have any story excuses.

Corrin does though: She (they?) was driven to activating their dragon form after the death of Mikoto in the early chapters of Fates, and they were completely uncontrollable (lore-wise, they could still be controlled in-game), even almost strangling Azura. Kana replicates this in their Paralogue.

It wasn't even after the Fates three-way path split.

Edited by Xenomata

21 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

not possessed cardboard Mareeta

Hey, cardboard didn't do nothing wrong to be insulted like that.

I wonder if witch Delthea's stats will just end up as Delthea's, but gen 3 ranged infantry or if they're going to take the possessed Takumi route and give her a (slightly) different stat spread. Watch witch Delthea somehow have even less base defense than her regular self. Black Luna would be even more useless against her! :p

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

That was more of a Smash Youtuber's doing (not unlike with Mangs and Louise) rather than people's perceptions actually changing. Male Robin outperformed female in the previous two CYLs .

This happened, but it's tough to say if he was really the cause of 18,000+ votes alone. Memes and fanart of female Robin/Grima certainly saw an increase in 2018, and there are likely more players with female Grima than male, so other causes of her popularity surge are definitely possible.

I know male Robin got more in the previous two CYLs. That's why I mentioned that he has typically been the more popular.

28 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, male Corrin technically isn't /unpopular/ at all. He's just not insanely popular like his female counterpart. Besides, if you average out the popularity rankings for the male and female counterparts for Robin and Corrin, the Robins are closer and female Corrin is probably riding on being female rather than being an actual good character.

No, but he's the least popular avatar character, I'm pretty sure.

Also, I have to admit Berkut's Japanese voice IS cool though also scary. Why didn't his English voice have that neat echo effect going on? Did localization think it'd be too scary or something? :/

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I have to admit Berkut's Japanese voice IS cool though also scary. Why didn't his English voice have that neat echo effect going on? Did localization think it'd be too scary or something? :/

Probably felt too cheap to hire two actors

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Probably felt too cheap to hire two actors

Do a Peter Gabriel and layer his voice with his voice, except in the morning straight out of bed.

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

This happened, but it's tough to say if he was really the cause of 18,000+ votes alone. Memes and fanart of female Robin/Grima certainly saw an increase in 2018, and there are likely more players with female Grima than male, so other causes of her popularity surge are definitely possible.

I know male Robin got more in the previous two CYLs. That's why I mentioned that he has typically been the more popular.

That's fair enough. Assuming he doesn't campaign for her again in CYL4, we'll find out then whether her rise was entirely artificial or not.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

YES. JAPANESE BERKUT'S VOICING IS FUCKING AMAZING.

I came here just to say that. The moment I heard his voice and saw it as being voiced by both Berkut and Duma, I lost my collective shit, whatever that means.

Oh, yeah. Tiki, too. Good bye wallet. It's rough with both this banner and an anime convention this month.

Honestly back in Echoes, when I realized that all this time Ginga Banjou was both the narrator AND Duma I lost my shit. And now he's back to make us go crazy again.

Hopefully you don't end up with a +10 Fallen FCorn first. Unless you don't mind. I guess I wouldn't, personally, though I would much rather have Yato FCorn.

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hey, cardboard didn't do nothing wrong to be insulted like that.

I wonder if witch Delthea's stats will just end up as Delthea's, but gen 3 ranged infantry or if they're going to take the possessed Takumi route and give her a (slightly) different stat spread. Watch witch Delthea somehow have even less base defense than her regular self. Black Luna would be even more useless against her! :p

tfw now people will know Mareeta as this instead of what she is in her game (actually cool)

This guy got awfully close in 2017.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Pretty sure that honor goes to Kris.

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Huh... kinda forgot about Flashing Blade...

Well anyways, Mareeta seems great. Flashing Blade 4 seems broken, given the effect and now it also grants +5 damage, so no real loss for speedy units. Wrath looks like it'll be a prime skill to throw on anyone who gets FB4, Mareeta especially, and Wo Dao users got a new toy to play with as well. Oh boy, I think I know what I'll be doing with my +10 Brave Celica now... Can't say I know much about Mareeta besides her being possessed, though I do wonder if she'll get the Hardin treatment and this'll be the only form we ever see her in... which is a shame, cause there aint much to learn about a person when they're possessed.

Berkut... you got a little something in your neck there, might wanna see a doctor about that... Warding Stance 4 matches its brother, no surprise there, but I do wonder how much Res Berkut himself will have. Kriemhild doesn't even have a stat boost like most other recent Prfs do. But hey, this seems like a great boon for anyone looking for a safe way to get a unit down to below 75% HP!

Corrin... needs her Smash Bros tights, I'm sorry but that's a lot of thigh.

...anyway, she looks like she'd go great with Mordecai. He can just punch her into the fray, everyone nearby will be debuffed, she'll be buffed up herself from Mordy's Link skill, and also she has +6 to all stats from being a lone wolf. Sudden Panic is pretty much what I'd expect from a skill conversion of Aversa's Night.

Tiki... goddamn. First off, yay Divine Breath duplicate. Second, Dragon Armor teams just got a whole new level of nightmarish. Tiki seriously just GETS +4 to all stats AND Armor March status for either being alone or being next to a dragon??? And her Ignis trigger added 32 damage, so you know she's packing in Defense. Oh man, I should probably get my Falchions ready...

Corrin does though: She (they?) was driven to activating their dragon form after the death of Mikoto in the early chapters of Fates, and they were completely uncontrollable (lore-wise, they could still be controlled in-game), even almost strangling Azura. Kana replicates this in their Paralogue.

It wasn't even after the Fates three-way path split.

Oh right, that happened.

I still don’t consider it a good enough reason compared to the other heroes.

16 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Well its speculated this Corrin is based on chapter 5, where's she a feral dragon. 

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

From what I heard, Kris was the least popular of the avatars. Though if you ask me, all three of them eat trash for a living.

EDIT: Damnit, my first ninja post.

Edited by Roland
Ninja’d.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Least popular avatar character is still popular in the grand scheme of things. He scored 70th overall in a poll that contained some 600 characters. Even if he's less popular than both Robins and female Corrin, how is 70/600something considered unpopular?

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, yeah. Tiki, too. Good bye wallet. It's rough with both this banner and an anime convention this month.

Gacha, wallet, life. Pick two.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Flashing Blade 4 is essentially Flashing Blade 3 with Atk+5. While it is not pathetic like its 3rd tier, it does not look exactly too great either since the unit is missing out on Spd. Any A that boosts Atk/Spd with Flashing Blade Sacred Seal does pretty much the same thing but better since it also boosts Spd.

I think Heavy Blade 4 would be better once Death Blow is released as a Sacred Seal since all Brave units want is just Atk.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He may be the least popular, but based on character duos released so far, Intelligent Systems have always tried to keep them balanced in terms number of alts. Ephraim and Eirika have the same amount of alts. Robins have the same amount of alts. Corrins had the same amount of alts, so I expect them to balance it eventually with an M!Corrin alt down the line.

The White Wings are a trio, but I also expect them to balance their alt numbers by releasing an Est alt next spring.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did localization think it'd be too scary or something? :/

The localization team is Treehouse. If there is one thing more incompetent and pathetic than Surtr, it is Treehouse.

13 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I still don’t consider it a good enough reason compared to the other heroes.

The reason does not need to be good, they just need to qualify to be in the Focus. To qualify, all the characters have to do is to be possessed.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

The reason does not need to be good, they just need to qualify to be in the Focus. To qualify, all the characters have to do is to be possessed.

Well yeah I know that.

Doesn’t mean I have to like the units IS chose for the banner.

Jesus, this banner! All my orbs for Mareeta, Thracia hype is real! Not to mention I am currently playing Thracia, and getting close to the end.

Rest of the banner is not interesting to me anyway. Never played Echoes, and I have enough version of Tiki and Corrin already.

Already did the calculation on her attack. 38 damage, 50 with Luna. 16 Mt weapon, 5 from Flashing Blade, and she needs 62 attack again that 24 Def to deal 38, but she also has weapon triangle advantage, so it's less that (62 - 21 = 41). Hope she gets a high speed and decent def.

D6BHAVZUcAEE2gk.jpg:large

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Flashing Blade 4 is essentially Flashing Blade 3 with Atk+5. While it is not pathetic like its 3rd tier, it does not look exactly too great either since the unit is missing out on Spd. Any A that boosts Atk/Spd with Flashing Blade Sacred Seal does pretty much the same thing but better since it also boosts Spd.

I think Heavy Blade 4 would be better once Death Blow is released as a Sacred Seal since all Brave units want is just Atk.

Naturally fast units will be able to reap the benefits nicely though, and we do have Darting Blow as a Sacred Seal should they still need an extra boost. Darting Stance might be good to, as long as the Blade passives work on both phases and you're using an EP speedster...

So it can work either way, really. [Attack and Speed A slot] and Flashing Blade 3 SS, Flashing Blade 4 and Darting Blow 3 SS. At that point I think the question becomes if you need the effects of Flashing Blade on more than one unit...

Will be ticketing for Mareeta, since FB4 seems to deal true damage, I think it will synergize really well with Vassal’s Blade. Blazing wind special + double attack would mean 36 true damage if you acivate your special and double. Add in wrath and you’ll be havind loads of damage bypassing Def altogether.

59 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That's fair enough. Assuming he doesn't campaign for her again in CYL4, we'll find out then whether her rise was entirely artificial or not.

Doubtful. Three Houses will be a thing by then. 

While Alpharad no doubt helped, I think people underestimate just how much people seem to like F!Robin and the (interpretation of) f!Grima. The latter was basically turned into a meme and fan art generator. 

57 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Honestly back in Echoes, when I realized that all this time Ginga Banjou was both the narrator AND Duma I lost my shit. And now he's back to make us go crazy again.

Hopefully you don't end up with a +10 Fallen FCorn first. Unless you don't mind. I guess I wouldn't, personally, though I would much rather have Yato FCorn.

tfw now people will know Mareeta as this instead of what she is in her game (actually cool)

This guy got awfully close in 2017.

Oh wow that's crazy. I would've definitely preferred Lyon and Julia over Corrin and Y!Tiki.