FE4 Inheritance Help

notha

I'm on chapter 3 so I need to start thinking about what items and weapons should go to who

What are the optimal weapons and rings to give to each mother and father?

Edain - Midir
Ayra - Chulainn
Lachesis - Beowolf
Erinys - Claud
Brigid - Lex
Tailtiu - Lewyn

Ethlyn and Quan + Sigurd and Deirdre too, I guess

Thanks for the help

Edited by hagha

I'd say give Lewyn the Magic Ring, Arthur really appreciates it.

Midir - you haven't paired Jamke so give Midir all the decent bows

I also recommend passing the Elite Ring to someone you get in chapter 6. I'd personally say Ayra or Chulainn, but other people may disagree

You should actually be fine for inheritance until chapter 5, after you capture a certain castle which I'll mark below as a spoiler

Spoiler

Phinora castle is your last chance to reshuffle items in Chapter 5. Note that you can backtrack and you aren't locked until you talk to a certain NPC later in the map.

Ethlyn: Sell your staves at the end of this chapter before you capture the last castle, and give the Follow-Up Ring to her, it's super useful to have on Leif

Deirdre: Again, sell the inventory, this time at the start. You can not deploy her on this map.

This is all subjective stuff really, but these are my suggestions.

Edited by Super Kempfnna

On 8/5/2019 at 9:10 PM, hagha said:

I'm on chapter 3 so I need to start thinking about what items and weapons should go to who

What are the optimal weapons and rings to give to each mother and father?

Edain - Midir
Ayra - Chulainn
Lachesis - Beowolf
Erinys - Claud
Brigid - Lex
Tailtiu - Lewyn

Ethlyn and Quan + Sigurd and Deirdre too, I guess

Thanks for the help

Edain - Midir: nothing much to do here, just remember to speak with Edain whenever there's a support conversation available. you'll get a Hero bow for Midir from her eventually, and he can pass that down to Lester.

Ayra - Chulainn: Hero sword + Speed ring on Ayra will help Lakce a lot from early to late game chapters.

as for Chulainn, a Silver blade should be more than fine for both him and Skasaher, and a Power ring is always welcome. some people also give him either a Thunder or Wind sword, but that happens mostly when Brigid is paired up with him due to different children/classes/weapon ranks.

Lachesis - Beowolf: Lachesis should be fine as she is, especially because Nanna will be healing allies most of the times anyway.

a Shield ring + Defender sword on Beowulf is a very strong combination and probably one of the best setups available for that character. it will also help Delmud a lot from early to late game chapters, to the point that he'll be useful as much as Oifaye right from the start of chapter 6, especially when there will be many situations that will require tanking multiple enemies at once.

Erinys - Claud: if Erinys is the pegasus knight( named Fury in other patches ), then a Barrier ring, Slim sword and Thunder or Wind sword are always useful to pass down to Fee.

there's not much to do with Claud though, except giving him either a Thunder or Wind tome to pass down eventually.

Brigid - Lex: selling Jamke's Killer bow to Brigid will help Faval(Febail) in saving money for his Crusader bow later on, and since the Killer bow is also an awesome weapon with good stats and a passive Critical skill, it would be a waste not to have it. a Skill ring also helps with increasing critical chances.

Lex can't pass down anything, unless you manage to get some swords from enemy units. even then, i'm not sure if Patty will have a high enough weapon rank in order to wield them, since usually it's Chulainn that gives her a starting B rank in swords.

Tailtiu - Lewyn: as long as they keep their "canon" gear, they should be fine as they are. Magic/Skill rings also help.

Ethlyn - Quan: a Silver spear and Javelin are always good on Quan.

as for Ethlyn, her signature Lighting sword should be more than enough. however, some people also give her a Skill ring to pass down to Leaf, along with an Elite ring eventually to promote him earlier to Master knight and break the game.

Sigurd and Deirdre: not much to do about Deirdre due to story development. the best thing you could do would be to sell her staffs to someone else before a certain event happens, in order to pass down staffs to other healers.

as for Sigurd, it depends: some people prefer to let Seliph use his father's Silver sword in case the passive Critical skill is unlocked after reaching 50 kills.

other people prefer to let him use either a Wind or Thunder sword due to decent base magic damage and to counter ranged enemy units.

a Barrier ring is helpful, but not necessary. as much as Leaf, Seliph could make good use of an Elite ring in order to promote earlier and get a mount.

in case you're curious about units setups and other infos in terms of character builds, you can also check these eventually, just to see how some units will turn out after promotion:

1 hour ago, Fenreir said:

Edain - Midir: nothing much to do here, just remember to speak with Edain whenever there's a support conversation available. you'll get a Hero bow for Midir from her eventually, and he can pass that down to Lester.

Ayra - Chulainn: Hero sword + Speed ring on Ayra will help Lakce a lot from early to late game chapters.

as for Chulainn, a Silver blade should be more than fine for both him and Skasaher, and a Power ring is always welcome. some people also give him either a Thunder or Wind sword, but that happens mostly when Brigid is paired up with him due to different children/classes/weapon ranks.

Lachesis - Beowolf: Lachesis should be fine as she is, especially because Nanna will be healing allies most of the times anyway.

a Shield ring + Defender sword on Beowulf is a very strong combination and probably one of the best setups available for that character. it will also help Delmud a lot from early to late game chapters, to the point that he'll be useful as much as Oifaye right from the start of chapter 6, especially when there will be many situations that will require tanking multiple enemies at once.

Erinys - Claud: if Erinys is the pegasus knight( named Fury in other patches ), then a Barrier ring, Slim sword and Thunder or Wind sword are always useful to pass down to Fee.

there's not much to do with Claud though, except giving him either a Thunder or Wind tome to pass down eventually.

Brigid - Lex: selling Jamke's Killer bow to Brigid will help Faval(Febail) in saving money for his Crusader bow later on, and since the Killer bow is also an awesome weapon with good stats and a passive Critical skill, it would be a waste not to have it. a Skill ring also helps with increasing critical chances.

Lex can't pass down anything, unless you manage to get some swords from enemy units. even then, i'm not sure if Patty will have a high enough weapon rank in order to wield them, since usually it's Chulainn that gives her a starting B rank in swords.

Tailtiu - Lewyn: as long as they keep their "canon" gear, they should be fine as they are. Magic/Skill rings also help.

Ethlyn - Quan: a Silver spear and Javelin are always good on Quan.

as for Ethlyn, her signature Lighting sword should be more than enough. however, some people also give her a Skill ring to pass down to Leaf, along with an Elite ring eventually to promote him earlier to Master knight and break the game.

Sigurd and Deirdre: not much to do about Deirdre due to story development. the best thing you could do would be to sell her staffs to someone else before a certain event happens, in order to pass down staffs to other healers.

as for Sigurd, it depends: some people prefer to let Seliph use his father's Silver sword in case the passive Critical skill is unlocked after reaching 50 kills.

other people prefer to let him use either a Wind or Thunder sword due to decent base magic damage and to counter ranged enemy units.

a Barrier ring is helpful, but not necessary. as much as Leaf, Seliph could make good use of an Elite ring in order to promote earlier and get a mount.

in case you're curious about units setups and other infos in terms of character builds, you can also check these eventually, just to see how some units will turn out after promotion:

whoa thanks, that helps a lot!