DnD-esque "Stuck in the game" RP interest checkinero

Nanami Touko

Quick little prod to the RP section to see if anyone's interested in what I'd want to call "SAO but no Kiritos" to see if people are interested in that sort of, VR scenario where you get stuck in the game until it's cleared, and if your HP hits zero you die IRL. I like the concept in concept but a lot of media really screws the pooch on execution. So if people are interested in the base premise, I'll lay one some of what it would contain.

stats an stuff:
Strength (attack, weapon class (for wielding), character's physical aptitude)
Agility (dodge chance, initiative)
Constitution (health, defense)
Wisdom (magic, knowledge)
Dexterity (chance to hit, range with bows(?))

things would start out with 8 as a base, + 23 points to put into stuff (any points above 13 would cost 2 instead of 1, per)
and typical DnD point rules for bonuses and demerits, for having above or below a value. Racial bonuses as well since very likely mid to high fantasy setting

And it'd just be a hardcore (aka: you die once, you're gone) RP trying to clear the world/find out why this happened/character exploring stuff.

p.s. no kiritos

anyone interdasted?

This is a cool premise for an RP. Amusingly for me, SAO has only just debuted on TV over here last month; and I've been watching it, as I've actually never done it before. Though I am aware of some of the rest of the stuff that happens way later. I've always found the "stuck in the game" premise interesting.

So yeah, count me interested.

you don't need to prefix it with like "SAO but no kiritos" just gimme the setting, naturally we're going to try our own thing

I've never been interested in media that tackles this setting but I'd be interested in writing it personally, for example

I already feel bad for my character

I love DnD but I've always just DM'ed so this could be really fun!

I just would like to know the schedule/ expectations for timing as well as the exact rules/mechanics.

Exact rules and mechanics will exist once actual signup thread exists, seems enough people are curious

I am pretty strict about timing expectations tho, unless you've got important irl business going on (exam, project, meeting, hospital, family, etc. etc.) I see no reason for people to be unable to get on and at least check in (the group will likely be held on discord while things are written here on SF) and see how things are going. RP might be a hobby, but if you're lazy about it, that directly affects the enjoyment of everyone else in it. I'm not gonna let that slide.

3 hours ago, SnakeMomMelissa said:

Exact rules and mechanics will exist once actual signup thread exists, seems enough people are curious

I am pretty strict about timing expectations tho, unless you've got important irl business going on (exam, project, meeting, hospital, family, etc. etc.) I see no reason for people to be unable to get on and at least check in (the group will likely be held on discord while things are written here on SF) and see how things are going. RP might be a hobby, but if you're lazy about it, that directly affects the enjoyment of everyone else in it. I'm not gonna let that slide.

OKay, seems good to me! I would love to be a part of this!

Woooow you guys weren't actually kiddin' about this? What I've brought about:

image.thumb.png.7634251054b949b8b94a236d23627b6f.png

I BROUGHT YOU INTO THIS WORLD, AND I'M HERE TO TAKE YOU OOOOOOOOOUT~!

(Consider me interested. Like Phoenix said, need to learn DnD(/time management) sometime. But if that's going to be the format, I might need some accommodations if we're RPing live.)

Considering no one but Acacia joined today, outside of people I could already contact on discord, I'll call it that for this. 5 players is more than enough for me. Hope y'all enjoy reading, if you do~

I'm sorry I just checked the site today, I've been a little busy but I'm all free now. Is there still a possibility I could join?