Projared

Perkilator

*plays recorder* Hi I’m Jared and I...

*plays 2nd recorder* CHEATED ON MY WIFE.

image0.png

Edited by Bloom

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

At first when Spoony left Channel Awesome he had about 5,000 dollars per month on Patreon from his fans. But that slowly dried up due his barely making videos, lashing out at his supporters, and poor mental state. The last I heard of him a couple months ago he has housing issue, no clue how he is currently doing. 

I know he moved from Arizona to Chicago.  I don't know what cost of living in Arizona is, but I can say living in Chicago isn't exactly cheap.

Man this sucks, I was hoping that his ProJared main channel would have released FFV - Projared as it is my favorite Final Fantasy but god fucking dammit.

I guess I have to see the story unfold but this sucks. His content was really good.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's unfortunate to hear this, but we now know what must be done.

He really should've stuck to making moves on the grandma.  That would've actually have made some semblance of sense.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Let's get RRRRIIIIIIIGHT into the nooooose!

The drama that channel reports on is precisely why I'm stingy about liking videos and subscribing to popular youtubers.  I mean, even that h3h3/Trisha thing is like... I just don't want to think about that nonsense.  I'd rather just watch some jabroni from New York talk about weird people he met at a deli while laughing like a hyena over a duckboi named @Scoot.  Or watch a sadistic Irish man troll annoying and terrible roleplayers.  Or his alter ego.

Though Dunkey is an exception, he's cool.

I'm seriously tempted to warn whoever mentioned that this thread needed to be moved, and did fuck-all about it.  The Report button exists.  Use it for stuff like this. That way, I don't have to rely on good luck to move stuff like this.

I think I'll move this to General for now.  This reads more like gossip than anything.

This is really rough. I liked him and Holly on Dice, Camera, Action! and to see them having devolved to this is disappointing. Here's hoping they can own up to their mistakes, admitting their wrongs, then take the proper steps towards being better people. Until then, they deserve the backlash (well, the part of it which isn't appearance-shaming that I've noticed, which I do not approve of).

It feels like 2019's the year of popular people getting exposed. Vic Mignogna turned out to be scum and is still trying to feign innocence, Etika has mentally gone off the deep end, Winnie the Pooh's VA also got accused of cheating, and now Jared and Holly turned out to have been doing bad stuff as well.

I am saddened to hear this, although I'll reserve any judgement until more concrete evidence is presented.

I enjoyed several of his reviews, and I do have to thank him for indirectly getting me interested in shareware (I was curious about playing Scorched Earth for myself, and got a lot more than what I bargained for). I was wondering why he was inactive for nearly a year now, but I mostly chalked it up to him being more focused on real life stuff than on making videos. If this turns out to be the real reason, then it is unfortunately not surprising.

I do remember reading a comment on his TV Tropes page a year or so back that he didn't mind people making rule 34 stuff about him. One has to wonder if that kind of thought process may have had a hand in this situation escalating as it did.

10 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Winnie the Pooh's VA also got accused of cheating

Image result for scared winnie the pooh

Good lord. When will it be common knowledge that if you're a celebrity, you have news outlets and paparazzi following you, that you can't just pull shit like this and expect it to not blow up.

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

This reads more like gossip than anything.

Well not everything is known 100% right now, but the dickpicks are real. I've seen prejarred's shlong now and I can't unsee it.

I'm going to get me some eyebleach now

___

Seriously though, why did he send picks of his schlong with his face in it

I haven't watched much of ProJared (certainly not for reviews), but I remember enjoying his Pool of Radiance playthrough - he seemed to focus on pantomime and over the top facial expressions (which did feel scripted at times) but on the other hand he made the let's play exciting by trying to be true to the rules instead of over-abusing the game mechanics... anyone whose played PoR will know that making every enemy helpless to take advantage of the 1stE free kill rule helps a lott even against the game's Bosses.

I separate content from the creator so I could still enjoy rewatching that.

I think that right now the whole allegation = guilty thing is kind of annoying, even if you personally find the known things (divorce/etc) distasteful, is no reason to also assume that the much worse thing (soliciting) is also true. The known things are also strictly legal (dick pics being against the Twitter/etc ToS doesn't actually open any legal prosecution beyond locking that account). Obviously I don't endorse it but... it's easy to see that claiming it would lead to the contradiction of claiming that "it solicits all potential female viewers"  as opposed to an actionable instance of soliciting an individual. 

So what, Jared is the new Vic now ? More seriously, for the cheating, I might come across as assholish, but it's their lives, their businesses, not mine, and I'm not going to get a headache because of this sort pseudo-political mess. And I very rarely attach the creator to their contents.

Now for the so called pics... at least there seems to be more proof than Vic, that's something. Still smell like old lady gossips.
If true, that's... really dump for his part, like seriously who does that ? Are we sure it's not... photoshoped or some crap ?

Bah, this is way too complicated and depressing for me.

Edited by B.Leu

I'd like to add that these actions would be distasteful even if I hated all of his videos.

20 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'll probably just forget about it and the police will have to deal with it, and then in three-to-eight months I'll get a video in my subscriptions which will remind me about the situation and let me know what happened.

20 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

5 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

When will it be common knowledge that if you're a celebrity, you have news outlets and paparazzi following you, that you can't just pull shit like this and expect it to not blow up.

That's not an incorrect statement, though it would be a lot more cool and good if people didn't commit wrongdoings for reason of it being wrong and not because of the threat of public humiliation.

18 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

The drama that channel reports on is precisely why I'm stingy about liking videos and subscribing to popular youtubers.  I mean, even that h3h3/Trisha thing is like... I just don't want to think about that nonsense.  I'd rather just watch some jabroni from New York talk about weird people he met at a deli while laughing like a hyena over a duckboi named [ Scoot ].  Or watch a sadistic Irish man troll annoying and terrible roleplayers.  Or his alter ego.

Though Dunkey is an exception, he's cool.

Dunkey is the coolest Puerto Rican mammal to ever exist.

I don't know, man. Any random Jabroni could one day just snap and murder everyone in his cousin's club. I don't think you should deny yourself the ability to watch a youtube video for that reason.

20 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

That's not an incorrect statement, though it would be a lot more cool and good if people didn't commit wrongdoings for reason of it being wrong and not because of the threat of public humiliation.

Oh yeah totally agree, I was just saying that how stupid can these people be?

12 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I’d bring up the Sonic Adventure 2 real-time fandub here, but this has to be taken a little seriously.

Also, sorry @eclipse. I did not know reporting would cause threads to be moved.

Reporting is basically "hey mods look here".  Doesn't have to be a rule break, either.  Thread moves and accidental double-posts count, too.

13 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

Seriously though, why did he send picks of his schlong with his face in it

I mean, if you were looking for them. . .

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I don't know, man. Any random Jabroni could one day just snap and murder everyone in his cousin's club. I don't think you should deny yourself the ability to watch a youtube video for that reason.

To be fair, he could always claim the custom Lando Calrissian figures he got from his cousin were haunted and made him do it.  Given all the weird noises he makes in his videos, he could also plead insanity.

I sort of agree.  Like, I understand separating the creation from the creator, but at the same time a lot of what viewers (including myself) subscribe to let's players/streamers/independent reviewers for is their personality, and that gets kinda ruined when you find out that they're scumbags.  Doesn't apply to everyone - those who make true caricatures (like James Rolfe's AVGN) that are a far cry from who they actually are don't ruin their characters by being dickheads.  But it does definitely apply to those who put out a certain degree of themselves in their videos, and I believe that applies to ProJared and a vast majority of the let's players out there.

But that's just my personal opinion.  Also, it saves me from making my video backlog even more massive, which is another reason why I'm stingy about subscriptions.  I have enough to watch as it is.

17 hours ago, B.Leu said:

So what, Jared is the new Vic now ? More seriously, for the cheating, I might come across as assholish, but it's their lives, their businesses, not mine, and I'm not going to get a headache because of this sort pseudo-political mess. And I very rarely attach the creator to their contents.

I wouldn't call Jared the new Vic; for one thing, I haven't noticed a group of people spamming "#StandWithJared" and/or anything similar on Twitter while harassing Heidi with sock puppet accounts. It's been mostly clean.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:01 AM, Dragoncat said:

Good lord. When will it be common knowledge that if you're a celebrity, you have news outlets and paparazzi following you, that you can't just pull shit like this and expect it to not blow up.

Humans have this funny habit of turning into the very thing that they're pretending to be. Far from saying that every actor will eventually become a supervillian,  but it is a gradual process that's hard to notice if one is not consciously aware of it. While it is wise to separate the actor from the character, it's not hard to see how sometimes the latter affects the former.

This is talking about celebrities in general, though, and it's not universal. Sometimes its as simple as a person not realizing just how wide their fame actually is, and believing they could still do thinks back when they were less well known. Other times, it's just as simple as power getting to a persons head. None of these are mutually exclusive, so it can be a complex or simple issue depending on the person.

Projared: I lost over 200k subs and my dickpicks are all over the internet.

James Charles: Hold my beer.

Seriously. James Charles manages to eclipse him by losing a million subs and being called out for his deviant sexual predator behavior as well as just being an arrogant asshole.

Edited by redlight

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Humans have this funny habit of turning into the very thing that they're pretending to be. Far from saying that every actor will eventually become a supervillian,  but it is a gradual process that's hard to notice if one is not consciously aware of it. While it is wise to separate the actor from the character, it's not hard to see how sometimes the latter affects the former.

This is talking about celebrities in general, though, and it's not universal. Sometimes its as simple as a person not realizing just how wide their fame actually is, and believing they could still do thinks back when they were less well known. Other times, it's just as simple as power getting to a persons head. None of these are mutually exclusive, so it can be a complex or simple issue depending on the person.

Well Charlie Sheen acts pretty much how he did on Two and a Half Men irl from what I heard, so I believe it.

As for Projared, unless he made Let's Plays of things like GTA and Fable(I think you can cheat in Fable), then it doesn't really apply here. Even then he wasn't acting, he was playing the game.

Celebrities and some people in general tend to turn to alcohol and drugs sometimes when they get stressed, which also has something to do with it.

Edited by Dragoncat

13 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I sort of agree.  Like, I understand separating the creation from the creator, but at the same time a lot of what viewers (including myself) subscribe to let's players/streamers/independent reviewers for is their personality, and that gets kinda ruined when you find out that they're scumbags.  Doesn't apply to everyone - those who make true caricatures (like James Rolfe's AVGN) that are a far cry from who they actually are don't ruin their characters by being dickheads.  But it does definitely apply to those who put out a certain degree of themselves in their videos, and I believe that applies to ProJared and a vast majority of the let's players out there.

But that's just my personal opinion.  Also, it saves me from making my video backlog even more massive, which is another reason why I'm stingy about subscriptions.  I have enough to watch as it is.

My point was less about separating creator from creation (interesting debate, for another time) and more about not making decisions based on information you don't have. If you know of no reason to suspect someone of wrongdoing, then I don't think it's necessary to act with increased suspicion. You know what I'm saying?

Far be it from me, however, to drag someone into the pit of a very-large-watch-later-playlist with me.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Projared: I lost over 200k subs and my dickpicks are all over the internet.

James Charles: Hold my beer.

Seriously. James Charles manages to eclipse him by losing a million subs and being called out for his deviant sexual predator behavior as well as just being an arrogant asshole.

I might not like Keem's presentation, but goodness, you gotta admire his responsiveness.

Man, I took a look at his reddit and comments section... and man, the shitstorm, the insults... it's depressing. I mean, I know he probably deserve it and all, I'm not going to search dick pics, thank you very much... but it's savage.

Call me soft, that's what I am after all, but it's heartbreaking to see it. All it took was one moment, and hours later everyone hate somebody. I'm not sure if some of them are even doing that for the 'right' reasons.

Guess Internet can't always be as pink and pretty as the Sakura skin of the forum, huh ? Who would've thought.

Edited by B.Leu

8 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Man, I took a look at his reddit and comments section... and man, the shitstorm, the insults... it's depressing. I mean, I know he probably deserve it and all, I'm not going to search dick pics, thank you very much... but it's savage.

Call me soft, that's what I am after all, but it's heartbreaking to see it. All it took was one moment, and hours later everyone hate somebody. I'm not sure if some of them are even doing that for the 'right' reasons.

Yeah Coffee Break has a good video on this and how the interent is pretty unforgiving, where as in the real world we are more likely to forgive here on the interent we lose the ability to recognize other as people and just as blank slates of something.

Also not to defend ProJared here but people constantly go around saying he "abused minors" when in reality no he didn't, a minor sent him a nude pic first to start with. The main problem here is people saying MINORS when it should be MINOR but I guess if it's plural you can more easily bash him. Also I don't fully understand how it's sexual abuse when everyone else send him nudes consentually and started the convo themselves for it. 

Being dumb and doing dumb things when young =/= being abused and mind controlled unless you didn't take the initiative

Unless I'm missing something here or something but nothing has happened so far or like more news covered or even ProJared make an excuse or even forgive himself I mean if anyone of us payed attention to the Coffee Break-Kursgerzagt drama it's better to make an apology instead of an excuse video trying to defend yourself and I mean good apology vids and not those Logan Paul fake turds.