Playable Non-Student Teacher Characters

With the focus we've been given on the academy/monastery I expect it to be the setting for the entire game or at the very least most of it. With that in mind, I think most of the roster will be students and teachers. Outside of them, I'm expecting a few members of the church as well as possibly civilians we rescue during missions away from the school as well as other people we might meet outside of the school while running missions. 

As far as archetypes, I definitely want a witch and other magic characters. Flying units with bows would be nice too.

Edited by Maimishou

I see someone plays King's Raid and Brown Dust.

I'd love another monk like Lucius and Libra, someone who leaves the evil church to join you.

Man, I hope there are peasants/commoners that you can go 'I like the cut of your jib' to and basically get a scholarship for. By definition, pretty much everyone (even the technical commoners) in the school are in the top 0.1% of the population, so I want to drag some absolute peasants in (and then consign to the bench because I've already got a good team set up).

I am expecting a few mercenaries to join the cast, either as bodyguards, soldiers, or experience-tempered teachers.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a special recruitment sidequest or two to get a reluctant loner weapon master as a teacher to your academy so that they can share their secrets and/or unlock a new class. Perhaps you will need to convince them to come out of retirement and/or show them that you're worth their time and trouble.

An idea that I've had for a while now that I hope they do here is have a shapeshifter attend the academy so that they can get better understanding and control over their powers. And not the kind of shapeshifters that can only transform into one animal. Oh no, I mean the kind that can turn into all manners of beasts and creatures both mythical and fictional (although them referencing each of the past FE animal races would be really cool). Depending on the lessons you give them, you can unlock more things to turn into, and give new abilities to already existing ones. It would be a cool alternative to the formation mechanic they've been hinting at for a while now.

1 hour ago, zuibangde said:

I hope so because that’s the only way I can see manakete/beast units joining the game as everyone in the school seems to be human.

inb4 Byleth is secretly a manakete, from his mom's side! :P:

I wouldn't be surprised if we had to fight some of these teachers.  As for recruiting them?  Perhaps.  Depends on how heavily the school side plays into everything.

Edited by eclipse

2 hours ago, zuibangde said:

I hope so because that’s the only way I can see manakete/beast units joining the game as everyone in the school seems to be human.

If they join, I hope there's a certain degree of reverence/fear to them. In Awakening, everyone was like 'Oh cool, Nowi is that nearly extinct species that turns into twenty ton fire-breathing lizards and is basically a myth come to life. This is completely normal.' I mean, Manaketes were rare, and feared, back in Archanea. And they were a dying species then. A few thousand years on, Chrom and companies reaction shouldn't be a shrug to discovering a real life dragon.

I seriously hope they avoid that in this game.

I really want Geralt to be an Athos-like character this game. Or Karel. Not sure what the exact archetype is, but the sort who joins late and isn't useless at that point. I'm hesitant to say Athos because he's a mystical figure and OP.

I want a muscular character like Rinkah, they can't just stop there.

Have to say no matter how, I really hope that the students we see aren't all we get. xD I guess it certainly will be. But they just look like so in the focus. So I hope we get something outside of the academy, but I fear it could be temporary or maybe new students we scratch in along the way. It still have to fit with the setting which is just about the academy and even preparing these units for battle is made in that manner. Ya know what I mean.

honestly, I will be pissed if they don't do manaketes in this game, with the introduction of giant 4 space units being a thing, this would be an excellent time to bring back mystery of the emblem dragon mechanics or tellius shifter mechanics.