The official Three Houses site has launched

8 hours ago, Cysx said:

Well we still don't have the "bad guys", so to speak.

I mean we DO still have that one unexplained symbol on the back of that evil looking old guy in the E3 trailer and on a small piece of Sothis' clothing.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freely roam Garreg Mach Monastery, interact with students in a variety of ways—over lunch, even—to bond and gather intel.

Student: "I heard that the Black Bulls forces uses a high amount of knights. An armor armorslayer can make quick work of them."

Byleth: "Neat, pass the salt."

Which house, and which path, will you choose?

House and path? Interesting.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

For the first time in series history, battalions of troops follow individual units to support them in battle.

So those troops aren't just their for aesthetic purposes. Interesting, interesting.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

House and path? Interesting.

I really hope the path part is like, figurative. Please don't be another Fates.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So those troops aren't just their for aesthetic purposes. Interesting, interesting.

I really hope the path part is like, figurative. Please don't be another Fates.

There's nothing inherently wrong with multiple route games. Fates problem was bad writing in general, plus Revelations being a cop-out that rendered both other routes pointless at best, and little more than hidden bad ends at worst.

Also, I like Sothis's voice and speech patterns. She's pretty clearly mean to fill the somewhat arrogant mentor role, which is a strict departure from most of the childish manaketes.

4 minutes ago, Onestep said:

There's nothing inherently wrong with multiple route games. Fates problem was bad writing in general, plus Revelations being a cop-out that rendered both other routes pointless at best, and little more than hidden bad ends at worst.

That's true but considering IS' last attempt at a multiple route game, it uh......well, i just have some concerns if this is the case. Sacred Stones and Echoes were different because the former only had a route split in the second act of the game, which later converges back into one path while the latter was two routes simultaneously.

I mean if the game's plot does end up sucking we'll at least have seen it coming. 

I'm really wondering just how much of this game's plot will be taken up by the school portion, they seem to be playing it up. 

not that I know how military academies work

27 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Interestingly, the thumbnail for the english site has the symbol as an icon. You know, "the" symbol:

IKKqzkY.jpg

41Zf4ko.jpg

Oho. That's a neat find. I wonder what it means. I remember booting up Fates and wondering what the game icon symbols meant but it wasn't in the game if memoery serves, but here it's actually on a character. A seal? The Fire Emblem?

27 minutes ago, Thane said:

Oho. That's a neat find. I wonder what it means. I remember booting up Fates and wondering what the game icon symbols meant but it wasn't in the game if memoery serves, but here it's actually on a character. A seal? The Fire Emblem?

Can't say. I've found the post that regrouped all of its known appearances though, by Lord_Grima:

Feels like there's no way it's not important.

37 minutes ago, Thane said:

Do you mean the five symbols? It's been a long time, so I don't remember all the appearances, but it appears on the floor of the Hoshidan plaza.

It's meant to symbolise the five dragons that Hoshido revere--and the five legendary weapons.

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Do you mean the five symbols? It's been a long time, so I don't remember all the appearances, but it appears on the floor of the Hoshidan plaza.

It's meant to symbolise the five dragons that Hoshido revere--and the five legendary weapons.

Oh cool, thanks. One would've expected them to be a bit more important than that though considering it was the icon on the game menu, but it's nice to know it's in the game at least.

I'm still intrigued by these Crests in Three Houses. I wonder what exactly they are. One of my favorite pieces of information we've gotten is Sylvain's last name being Gautier, and that there's a Black Beast with the weapon "Stone of Gautier". I wonder if that's a Crest.

I wonder why some crests are in the places that they are though...considering there was a crest inside the whip sword that Byleth gets in trailer 1, and it isn't there in present day, so perhaps people were using the crests to power and allow society to evolve, the side with the emblem on the menu fought for this, and the goddess' side wanted to protect all the crests and not danger them as they hold a greater power, so after the goddess side won the war, the crest was removed from the whip sword, and each crest was trusted to a great house of Fódlan, which the Church of Seiros excersies great power over, to ensure their protection.

4 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Is this what you are looking for?

JmZwB0b.jpg

5 hours ago, Cysx said:

Interestingly, the thumbnail for the english site has the symbol as an icon. You know, "the" symbol:

IKKqzkY.jpg

That "evil" symbol looks like the main symbol for the game. It appears several places on the special edition. And if you look at the link that you shared, I found it in the Seiros Mural. This symbol will be important, not sure how yet, but it will be. 

8 hours ago, Thane said:

It's on Sothis' clothing you you look closely.

Sothis_portrait.octet-stream.png.76172ede33d4021bca5169001e2d5169.png

On 10/05/2019 at 2:20 PM, VincentASM said:

That reminds me, I don't think it was conclusive who the church were fighting in the first trailer. Their apparent leader had the same emblem as Byleth, right?

Okay, so me being oblivious as ever, I hadn't spotted the symbol on Byleth's profile page and misunderstood your post. So just to address that; yup, which lends credence to the theory that him and that old enemy leader are related.

Edited by Cysx

6 minutes ago, SushiCat said:

I saw this mentioned before and I think it makes a lot of sense: that symbol/crest is the fire emblem of this game.

I think all of the crests together are the "Fire Emblem" collectively. Alternatively, it could be Byleth's sword once it joins with the orb in that one cutscene, much like how the Yato became the Fire Emblem after reaching it's final form.

Looking at the bottom of the English website, I noticed this:

zgmZbNapVuDdmrrBUtwczkqdOfTpfygWpLzVlf7bsqLTnmhIL9KKr9CVM3HvL5tOTyRbeyIciEoAxKHUzXFweThZ-SmKlTV05bpDI66pqlnW0MgoOTR_stXkApRGGKqNviD0ECcr

When compared to the previous 3DS games:

Fire Emblem Awakening: Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes

Fire Emblem Fates: Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence, Suggestive Themes

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes

Some noticeable observations are that there is no alcohol references or mild language, so wine or other drinks probably won't appear nor will there be a reference to characters getting drunk, and they may tone down the swearing compared to previous games.

Three Houses also has suggestive themes instead of mild suggestive themes, so there will probably be some fanservicy designs and innuendo present (hopefully more along the lines of Echoes than Fates. The latter went pretty overboard in some areas). Interestingly, it simply has violence instead of fantasy violence, which could mean that the attacks are more down-to-earth this time around (or that ESRB hasn't added the fantasy part yet). Finally, there is blood, which Fates also has. According to the ESRB summary, Fates had "A handful of scenes depict silhouetted splashes of blood or brief mist-like sprays when characters are struck," so the same will probably apply to certain moments in Three Houses.

It is important to note that the ESRB rating may not be final, and certain details may be added/altered as time passes. They've also been known to make mistakes, although I doubt there will be any glaring ones with Three Houses.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

zgmZbNapVuDdmrrBUtwczkqdOfTpfygWpLzVlf7bsqLTnmhIL9KKr9CVM3HvL5tOTyRbeyIciEoAxKHUzXFweThZ-SmKlTV05bpDI66pqlnW0MgoOTR_stXkApRGGKqNviD0ECcr

Fire Emblem Awakening: Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes

Some noticeable observations are that there is no alcohol references or mild language, so wine or other drinks probably won't appear nor will there be a reference to characters getting drunk, and they may tone down the swearing compared to previous games.

Three Houses also has suggestive themes instead of mild suggestive themes, so there will probably be some fanservicy designs and innuendo present (hopefully more along the lines of Echoes than Fates. The latter went pretty overboard in some areas). Interestingly, it simply has violence instead of fantasy violence, which could mean that the attacks are more down-to-earth this time around (or that ESRB hasn't added the fantasy part yet). Finally, there is blood, which Fates also has. According to the ESRB summary, Fates had "A handful of scenes depict silhouetted splashes of blood or brief mist-like sprays when characters are struck," so the same will probably apply to certain moments in Three Houses.

It is important to note that the ESRB rating may not be final, and certain details may be added/altered as time passes. They've also been known to make mistakes, although I doubt there will be any glaring ones with Three Houses.

Interesting rating.

Going back at FE's rating history, Blazing Blade is the only FE game to be rated for "Violence". All others are "Fantasy Violence" (except for Warriors but that's self-explanatory).

And yeah, this is the first outright "Blood" rating in the franchise as opposed to "Mild Blood" or "Animated Blood".

7 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Honestly the swearing before wasn't even that big to begin with I expect a few 'damns' and "bastard" to be said here and there in certain situations.

Fates has the exact brand of only "suggestive themes" so that's not special of course innuendos and eye candy will be here not a FE game if there wasn't any.

Yeah I think that might be what just "violence" means because when I hear "fantasty violence" I think over the top kinda style not the obvious JRPG sounding term since FE is anything but normal that's kinda worrisome if they're too basic hope not.

They got a very weird interpretation of "blood" I know its from Siegfried strikes and the Lethality animation but lol at least they said "animated" I hope using outright "blood" means its apparent in cutscenes like a scratch or a streak makes it feel more alive imo.

Of course like you said this could still be a wip atm but we'll see by June time.

It does make me raise an eyebrow that the game takes place in a medieval setting, focused on young people, and there'll be neither swearing nor more than allusions to drinking. Guess the school really clampdowns hard on that. I'm not saying the game would suddenly be better if characters suddenly started cussing every other sentence but I find it strange that we'll be mowing down bandits and other enemies by the truckload as always but saying a naughty word is going too far.

Interestingly, they went from "fantasy violence" to just "violence". Are we in the real world now?

For what it's worth, the rating itself isn't listed on the ESRB's website yet. Anyways, their ratings typically aren't very consistent and usually get raised from individual instances rather than averaged across an entire game. Warriors got a Violence rating and cites someone getting stabbed through the stomach, yet Fates having a surprisingly detailed suicide still kept it at Fantasy Violence. If it's the final rating, it should be up on their website sometime soon with more details.