The official Three Houses site has launched

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least the outright blood and violence warning should imply a grittier tone to the story, which I do definitely see - as they're building the game up as quite light in tone, so they'll create contrast with the events after the school arc is over and the real stakes start to take shape.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

A bit of a late discovery, but I was checking the source code of the Three Houses Japanese website and I found that "iron17" seems to be the game's codename. For reference, Echoes is "iron16", Fates is "iron15" and Awakening is "iron14". New Mystery is FE12 though.

D6iFngtXsAAXajS.png

Also, they didn't bother to hash Dorothea's filename. It's HACP_ANVY_char14_01_R_ad-0, which is consistent with promotional artwork filenames.

I managed to grab the videos that play on the introduction page of the Japanese website, it's basically the same thing they showed on the second trailer, but we can see some things a little better. They are unlisted and stored on a playlist, and even though there's two of them they look identical to me:

【ファイアーエムブレム 風花雪月】イントロダクション - YouTube

Edited by SushiCat

13 minutes ago, SushiCat said:

I managed to grab the videos that play on the introduction page of the Japanese website, it's basically the same thing they showed on the second trailer, but we can see some things a little better. They are unlisted and stored on a playlist, and even though there's two of them they look identical to me:

【ファイアーエムブレム 風花雪月】イントロダクション - YouTube

Oh nice! Thank you!

Man Bernadetta looks so done,she does not want to be a part of any epic adventure ,leve her alone!

8 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

I’m seeing a lot of narrative emphasis on “Choose your house/path” in the advertisements  which makes me doubt that the paths will be merged by default. 

Between this and the Thani leaks I am 90% sure paths won't converge, which makes me even more excited for this game now.

17 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Between this and the Thani leaks I am 90% sure paths won't converge, which makes me even more excited for this game now.

If this is true, then I’ll go out on a limb to say that IS is actually learning from their Fates and expanding instead of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. They’re already in the right direction by not having an obvious contrast with the kingdoms. Now there are three things they need to do to make the story better than Fates by default. 

1. No convergence path or “everyone lives happily ever after” ending. 

2. Relegate flatline “evil for evil’s sake” villains to more minor roles. 

3. Make the three paths’ plots consistent with each other. This should be easier without a Revelations to stick a bunch of plot holes into the other routes. 

38 minutes ago, Maimishou said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with a convergence path.

Agreed. If it's done right, I don't mind if Three Houses has a golden/canon path where everyone works together to fight *insert final villain here*. As long as it doesn't have a ton of plot holes or gimmicky maps, I'm fine wit it. My favorite Fates path is Revelations, simply because you actually fight Anankos on his own turf instead of one of his corpse puppets while he's still out there, but I did not like several of the maps... 

2 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Agreed. If it's done right, I don't mind if Three Houses has a golden/canon path where everyone works together to fight *insert final villain here*. As long as it doesn't have a ton of plot holes or gimmicky maps, I'm fine wit it. My favorite Fates path is Revelations, simply because you actually fight Anankos on his own turf instead of one of his corpse puppets while he's still out there, but I did not like several of the maps... 

Given according to Thani, a golden route might be plausible:

Spoiler

Edelgard's path has a split in it, I can imagine Byleth has to advise her as to what to do, whether she wishes for the complete destruction of the Church and therefore make an enemy of her own homeland, or something else. One of these paths will be the golden ending where all 3 Kingdoms are in good form with the crests influence and the malicious archbishops done with by the end.

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Here's hoping. I can't wait to see if some of the leaks will be proven or disproven soon. The suspense!!

15 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Hide contents

Edelgard's path has a split in it, I can imagine Byleth has to advise her as to what to do, whether she wishes for the complete destruction of the Church and therefore make an enemy of her own homeland, or something else. One of these paths will be the golden ending where all 3 Kingdoms are in good form with the crests influence and the malicious archbishops done with by the end.

Spoiler

Thani also said that Edelgard's secondary route wasn't a Revelations-esque "happily ever after." 

3 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:
  Hide contents

Thani also said that Edelgard's secondary route wasn't a Revelations-esque "happily ever after." 

It doesn't have to be a "happily ever after" to be a golden route, well if we have the same definition of golden route.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see the site updating after the three house segment or once all the students are revealed after next week tbh

JP site updated. Sadly, it seems to confirm that there are no same-sex romances for M!Byleth in the Blue Lions house, which really sucks.

battle-modal2-img02.jpg

There go my hopes of there being at least one gay option for each gender per house.

Edited by Calico

5 minutes ago, Calico said:

JP site updated. Sadly, it seems to confirm that there are no same-sex romances for M!Byleth in the Blue Lions house, which really sucks.

battle-modal2-img02.jpg

There go my hopes of there being at least one gay option for each gender per house.

Still crossing fingers for new post-time skip supports. I swear I will get a hernia if the only gay option is Linhardt or Lorenz. Honestly this is the one bit of news I've been super disappointed with considering I've liked Felix and Ashe for so long.

Edited by Cyan1456

It seems that other equipment, like shields, are back. Maybe they're related to Heavy Armor?

6 minutes ago, Calico said:

battle-modal2-img02.jpg

It shows S-Supports, but it's clearly before the time skip. Are they going to show the options even if they aren't available yet?

I don't really care too much about same-sex options, so I prefer if they have it when it makes sense for the characters rather than "balancing" it around and giving the option just to make it even for the houses. That said, if both Linhardt and Lorenz are options would be interesting to see if they are an option for each other (which also brings the question: are there supports between students from different houses?).

Edited by timon

I don't care for same sex options at all so it doesn't matter to me at all if there's none or very little. But yeah since romance is confirmed for post-timeskip I'm interested to see what achieving S pre-timeskip will do and if there'll be more support ranks besides the locked ones which I hope there is!

I hope that there is something else going on and that there will be a same-sex option (especially considering that there is more guys than girls in Blue Lions), but I'm not holding my breath.

10 minutes ago, timon said:

I don't really care too much about same-sex options, so I prefer if they have it when it makes sense for the characters rather than "balancing" it around and giving the option just to make it even for the houses.

Being gay or bi doesn't need to make anymore sense or have anymore justification than being straight does.