The official Three Houses site has launched

1 minute ago, BastienSoul said:

I hope that there is something else going on and that there will be a same-sex option (especially considering that there is more guys than girls in Blue Lions), but I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly? Same here. To the very least Fates was generous enough to have one option per route the least they could do is have one option for either for each house. I mean Niles was incredibly popular, got an alt Heroes, and was even the highest scoring non-royal character sans Jakob on the polls so there's at least a good amount of appeal. Since the child mechanic is gone I don't get how difficult it is just to not remove a romance option and just recycle the script for the chosen gender. I just want to date a traditionally handsome pretty boy character without picking the other gender, is that too much to wish for?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least, since you can recruit at least some characters from other houses, transferring a same-sex option will hopefully be possible. Either that, or have it be neutral characters (though at least we won't have to buy another game to get a same-sex option).

I think it's my fault for overexciting myself over this. Also yeah, I get recruiting other students but the only other guy I find appealing is Caspar and I honestly don't care for Linhardt (whose hair I find weird tho not as much as Lorentz). A guy can hope they'll change things on release or there'll be more appealing options for the spoilery characters Thani mentioned.

I'm not sure where people are getting Lorenz from. Is there another screenshot that implies that he's an option. Personally, my main hope right now is Claude being an option. I'd love to have a Blue Lions guy too, but I at least want him.

People are assuming Lorenz because Thani mentioned some options being "camp" and he fits the bill. As for your other point now that I think about it all previous male gay characters were archers so that actually sounds likely. While I appreciate what we've got so far I'd like a gay option that isn't a stereotype. Seriously ALL the best guys got into Blue Lions and not one of them is an option. If the leak is true the gay options are also more lopsided towards the girls which actually annoys me to an extent.

I personally doubt that Lorenz is an option because his personality revolves around him unsuccessfully hitting on women. Hopefully there will be dudes recruitable later on that M!Byleth can romance in the Blue Lions route.

Regarding the leaks,

Spoiler

3/5 of the lesbian options suck, (I don't like 4/5 of them) and I am hoping that their are more same-sex romanceable characters for both genders.

11 minutes ago, Cyan1456 said:

People are assuming Lorenz because Thani mentioned some options being "camp" and he fits the bill. As for your other point now that I think about it all previous male gay characters were archers so that actually sounds likely. While I appreciate what we've got so far I'd like a gay option that isn't a stereotype. Seriously ALL the best guys got into Blue Lions and not one of them is an option. If the leak is true the gay options are also more lopsided towards the girls which actually annoys me to an extent.

I just said he was gay, because everyone said he was. I also questioned why people jumped the gun to say he is, however. And you’re right about Blue Lions getting all the cool dudes (but I would never see Sylvain being anything other than straight) and none of them are an option... I wished at least Felix was an option.

2 hours ago, Calico said:

JP site updated. Sadly, it seems to confirm that there are no same-sex romances for M!Byleth in the Blue Lions house, which really sucks.

battle-modal2-img02.jpg

There go my hopes of there being at least one gay option for each gender per house.

The scroll bar on the side suggests that there are more people to support with. Hopefully there are more options than just the other house members. We don't know anything about how the teachers work or if there are any characters outside of the monastery to recruit. 

Still sad to see the scales are unbalanced for LGB+ supports if Thani's leaks are true. Hopefully GD or RE is more promising. Or some unknown character.

Edited by Lord_Grima

Maybe someone could ask someone from one of the gaming sites to ask the nintendo reps at E3 about same-sex romance? Like, "Are there more options for same-sex romance this time around, compared to Fates? Do both genders get multiple options?" I think they answered people's questions about kids, so they should be able to answer this (hopefully). 

I‘m okay with female Byleth but I love male Byleth, so I was hoping to be able to romance Dimitri with him and not having to play the female version... that’s quite a let down for me personally. I just hope there will be a way to still marry him with M!Byleth somehow.

4 hours ago, BastienSoul said:

It seems that other equipment, like shields, are back. Maybe they're related to Heavy Armor? 

You know, I did notice that Dedue was wearing different shields across all the material we got. I wonder what they do, hopefully they're genuinely helpful.

5 hours ago, timon said:

I don't really care too much about same-sex options, so I prefer if they have it when it makes sense for the characters rather than "balancing" it around and giving the option just to make it even for the houses. That said, if both Linhardt and Lorenz are options would be interesting to see if they are an option for each other (which also brings the question: are there supports between students from different houses?).

5 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I don't care for same sex options at all so it doesn't matter to me at all if there's none or very little. But yeah since romance is confirmed for post-timeskip I'm interested to see what achieving S pre-timeskip will do and if there'll be more support ranks besides the locked ones which I hope there is!

I mean both of you guys might not care for same-sex options, however gay people such as myself do. It’s simply just something nice to nice and especially in this game where kids are present, they have no meta excuse for them to be absent.

Like, not asking for everyone to be bu, but at least give us one dude and one girl for each route that you can marry regardless of gender (obvi a solely gay character would be better but I know that’s not happening anytime soon).

4 hours ago, Azz said:

I mean both of you guys might not care for same-sex options, however gay people such as myself do. It’s simply just something nice to nice and especially in this game where kids are present, they have no meta excuse for them to be absent.

Like, not asking for everyone to be bu, but at least give us one dude and one girl for each route that you can marry regardless of gender (obvi a solely gay character would be better but I know that’s not happening anytime soon).

Kinda waste of time replying this wasn't at all necessary like seriously move along....

10 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

But yeah since romance is confirmed for post-timeskip I'm interested to see what achieving S pre-timeskip will do and if there'll be more support ranks besides the locked ones which I hope there is!

Maybe it will be locked ala Titania A-support in PoR.

Also, might be a controversial opinion: Not everyone needs to be gay or bi. Would be forced af. It's totally fine if a house doesn't have gay options, considering you can recruit students from other houses. Now for a less controversial one: Not every gay one should be bi, either (looking at you, Fates)

44 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Kinda waste of time replying this wasn't at all necessary like seriously move along....

Not as much of a waste of time as this comment here. 

People care about same sex options. You already have your waifu's so you're the one who should just move on, rather than commenting on stuff that doesn't impact you at all. 

Edited by EJ107

35 minutes ago, EJ107 said:

Not as much of a waste of time as this comment here. 

People care about same sex options. You already have your waifu's so you're the one who should just move on, rather than commenting on stuff that doesn't impact you at all. 

Yes it is I gave my piece and moved on damn...and you making it more of a big deal which it isn't shows you're very oversensitive and triggered on a comment of someone's else's opinion....

Geez no wonder stuff like this is a less talked about subject that causes problems don't continue this is obviously not the place for it...

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe it will be locked ala Titania A-support in PoR.

Also, might be a controversial opinion: Not everyone needs to be gay or bi. Would be forced af. It's totally fine if a house doesn't have gay options, considering you can recruit students from other houses. Now for a less controversial one: Not every gay one should be bi, either (looking at you, Fates)

Yeah it'll likely work that way since Edelgard has a missing A rank with a character and the S ranks while shown pre-timeskip are probably not available until after the timeskip(which is confirmed).

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

7 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Yes it is I gave my piece and moved on damn...and you making it more of a big deal which it isn't shows you're very oversensitive and triggered on a comment of someone's else's opinion....

Geez no wonder stuff like this is a less talked about subject that causes problems don't continue this is obviously not the place for it...

I think it's more like... You should be more mindful? Someone posted the screenshot with dude Byleth's support options and the caption stated that there was a lack of same sex S support option, and your indirect reply to it was: "I don't care."

I honestly didn't even think anyone was "triggered." 

If there are some same sex options I hope they put a little bit more thought into it than Fates did. 

Fates just settled on making the biggest freaks in the army gay and called it a day. I'm not an SJW by any means but that just came off as very....unfortunate. They got Silas who's eternally devoted to Corrin no matter the gender, Camilla who flirts with any strong female in sight and Soleil who's...well, Soleil. But rather then those the team at IS thought the creep and the Yandere were obviously the only one that could end up with the opposite sex. 

Lorentz might be equally unfortunate if they don't play their cards right. ''Lol this clown can't get woman so he's gonna settle for a dude'' can turn out how they handle it or can at least be an implication. They shouldn't do that. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

They got Silas who's eternally devoted to Corrin no matter the gender

Devoted =/= interested sexually. Can we stop putting every close friendship as a sexual relationship please?

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Soleil who's...well, Soleil.

but yeah, you're right with that one. And in General it was done very badly in Fates.

I have to imagine it’s frustrating to be LGBT and have your avatar (who is supposed to represent you in this game) only given straight romance options in 2019.

Things are a bit pre mature though, this is a short class list. There is a possibility there will be gay options among other characters. It does suck that none of the blue lions fulfill that. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

28 minutes ago, Jakalak said:

I have to imagine it’s frustrating to be LGBT and have your avatar (who is supposed to represent you in this game) only given straight romance options in 2019.

Things are a bit pre mature though, this is a short class list. There is a possibility there will be gay options among other characters. It does suck that none of the blue lions fulfill that. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Yeah, I'm not really worried yet. I wish some of the Blue Lions were options, since they are the best looking guys overall IMO, but I'll be fine as long as there are more and better options than in Fates. I am bi, though, so gay people will probably be more opinionated.

On a more positive note, that new BGM preview is really good. I wish we got to hear more of it, though.

I was wondering, what if IS scraped LGBT content completly?

LEAK SPOILER:

Spoiler

Thani did said that her info was from the "old build"

That would suck though.

Or is it posible that LGBT romance is west version only? But thats probably unlikable.....

1 hour ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Telling someone who disagrees with you (because, unlike you, this actually affects them) that their comment is a 'waste of time' isn't "moved on". 

I'm not bothered by your opinion, it's your rude and callous attitude to the people who actually care about this.