The official Three Houses site has launched

34 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Yeah, I'm not really worried yet. I wish some of the Blue Lions were options, since they are the best looking guys overall IMO, but I'll be fine as long as there are more and better options than in Fates. I am bi, though, so gay people will probably be more opinionated.

On a more positive note, that new BGM preview is really good. I wish we got to hear more of it, though.

The timeskip might have some drastic changes to looks, hopefully there will be something for everybody.

Also yeah, every music track I’ve listened to so far has been awesome.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Devoted =/= interested sexually. Can we stop putting every close friendship as a sexual relationship please?

Overreaction much? It was a suggestion of someone who could have reasonably been a gay option who isn't, you know, Niles. Not "every close friendship is a sexual relationship."

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe it will be locked ala Titania A-support in PoR.

Also, might be a controversial opinion: Not everyone needs to be gay or bi. Would be forced af. It's totally fine if a house doesn't have gay options, considering you can recruit students from other houses. Now for a less controversial one: Not every gay one should be bi, either (looking at you, Fates)

It's taking the issue teh wrong way. Bi and gay people exists.
Therefore they should be represented. It's as simple as that, really.

Bi and gay are really underrepresentedn and when they are, it's often pretty badly. So your sentence ends up sounding way harsher than you probably means

Honestly, I'm shocked that there isn't a gay option among the Blue Lions. I thought there would be, because there are more guys than girls in the house. I was thinking that there would at least be four supports for fByleth and four for mByleth. I hope that there are options for same sex relationships for the people who would like them. 

Also, I was hoping that S supports between teachers and students would only be unlockable in the war part of the game, but the screenshot seems to show that S might be available before the time skip. 

4 minutes ago, grin_fish said:

Honestly, I'm shocked that there isn't a gay option among the Blue Lions. I thought there would be, because there are more guys than girls in the house. I was thinking that there would at least be four supports for fByleth and four for mByleth. I hope that there are options for same sex relationships for the people who would like them. 

Also, I was hoping that S supports between teachers and students would only be unlockable in the war part of the game, but the screenshot seems to show that S might be available before the time skip. 

I'm guessing that this is just showing how far the supports can go, even if they aren't available yet. Like how you can see that Ike and Titania can get an A support as soon as supports are available, but they can't actually reach it until right before Endgame.

1 minute ago, BastienSoul said:

I'm guessing that this is just showing how far the supports can go, even if they aren't available yet. Like how you can see that Ike and Titania can get an A support as soon as supports are available, but they can't actually reach it until right before Endgame.

Okay, I hope it is like that. 😃I was looking forward to having the availability of supports being unlocked by progressing through the story.

5 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

It's taking the issue teh wrong way. Bi and gay people exists.
Therefore they should be represented. It's as simple as that, really.

Bi and gay are really underrepresentedn and when they are, it's often pretty badly. So your sentence ends up sounding way harsher than you probably means

This is pretty much how I feel about this.

And I hate how there is always that one person who goes like "Not everyone needs to be gay/bi" when most of the time that isn't what people are asking for? 

1 hour ago, Rose482 said:

And I hate how there is always that one person who goes like "Not everyone needs to be gay/bi" when most of the time that isn't what people are asking for? 

I mean you said it once so... this really only seems like a cherrypicked singled-out case. And that's good.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

29 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I mean you said it once so... this really only seems like a cherrypicked singled-out case. And that's good.

:rolleyes:

The once I "said it" Was me talking about how it would make me feel if they went with the "Everyone is bi" route and how I didn't think it would be the worst thing ever if it ended up happening (Which I knew wasn't going to be the case anyway)

Also maybe you can stop bringing that up every time I make a post about this kind of topic? Because you really make it seem like I went to every thread that talked about this topic and posted nonstop about how I want everyone to be Bi. Like it's a bit  sad how I KNEW you would come and tag me about this sooner or later once I started talking about this.

Edited by Rose482

Everyone being bi isn't the most ideal, but it would certainly be better than what Fates gave us. In the end it's just the simple way to satisfy everyone, but I think even most LGBT people wouldn't find it the most ideal because it can make character writing more restrictive.

My ideally realistic way to do it, in the case of Three Houses, would be to have two men and two women in each house be bi (Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude being among them), and then one man and woman each from wherever be gay. It's still a relative minority but ensures options whichever house the player chooses.

44 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I guess weapon repair is back?

Interesting. It does help if you are in a long battle and your weapons break and far away from the Convoy. 

Will Legendary Weapons follow the same repair traits, or will then regen after a battle or two. If you need to repair them, how expensive will it be?

Hopefully one of the next Famitsu articles will go in depth about the forging and repairing.

2 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Will it be better to repair your completely depleted weapon or just say screw it and buy a new one?

Depends on how rare/powerful the weapon is, or at the beginning when you don't have much money, if it's cheaper to let's say repair an iron bow, instead of buying a new one. 

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Everyone being bi isn't the most ideal, but it would certainly be better than what Fates gave us. In the end it's just the simple way to satisfy everyone, but I think even most LGBT people wouldn't find it the most ideal because it can make character writing more restrictive.

My ideally realistic way to do it, in the case of Three Houses, would be to have two men and two women in each house be bi (Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude being among them), and then one man and woman each from wherever be gay. It's still a relative minority but ensures options whichever house the player chooses.

Honestly, Fire Emblem games don't deal with sexuality at all, so there's little loss to making characters playersexual for the avatar, IMO. Reverse the pronouns, done, at least for most supports. That would provide LGBT folks with more realistic and diverse options anyway, rather than shoehorning the only representation into stereotypical or otherwise problematic characters, or relegating them to deniable subtext. 

The avatar in these games is built to be wish fulfillment — hence their ability to romance literally anyone of the opposite sex. I don't see why that shouldn't extend to at least more members of the same-sex. If our avatars are supposed to be representative of us and our choices, then denying LGBT people the same options as their straight counterparts is rather dehumanizing, in games where "realism" is not at all prioritized (no straight men are going to object to various female characters coincidentally being bisexual, I guarantee). 

Edited by Disclaimer

20 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

Depends on how rare/powerful the weapon is, or at the beginning when you don't have much money, if it's cheaper to let's say repair an iron bow, instead of buying a new one. 

I'm curious on whether how much is the cost of repair.

Blacksmith: Sir that would be $$$ for cost of material plus $$$ for service charge

1 minute ago, Disclaimer said:

Honestly, Fire Emblem games don't deal with sexuality at all, so there's little loss to making characters playersexual for the avatar, IMO. Reverse the pronouns, done, at least for most supports. That would provide LGBT folks with more realistic and diverse options anyway, rather than shoehorning the only representation into stereotypical or otherwise problematic characters, or relegating them to deniable subtext. 

The avatar in these games is supposed to be wish fulfillment — hence their ability to romance literally anyone of the opposite sex. I don't see why that shouldn't extend to at least more members of the same-sex. 

I don't disagree, but do keep in mind characters like Sain or Inigo who would seem strange suddenly falling in love with a man. I also tried to keep it to the maximum amount I think Nintendo would ever be comfortable with, because if I just had it my way there would be a lot more.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I don't disagree, but do keep in mind characters like Sain or Inigo who would seem strange suddenly falling in love with a man. I also tried to keep it to the maximum amount I think Nintendo would ever be comfortable with, because if I just had it my way there would be a lot more.

cp0m36N.jpg

B̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶n̶i̶g̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶h̶a̶n̶d̶l̶e̶d̶

It honestly wouldn’t be good writing but Soleil is only able to marry men despite her inclination to women so I don’t think giving someone like Inigo or Sain or Gatrie gay options would be the worst thing to happen because unlike Soleil you at least have the option to ignore them and go for the straight options.

Personally in a game where romancing characters is a good chunk of the appeal I prefer the everyone is gay/bi option. I don’t need for the game that has never cared about realism to suddenly give a damn about it just to limit the options a non-straight player should have.

In the end it's interesting that Byleth has supports at all. I'm going to assume they won't stay silent then, and even multiple choices really wouldn't work; so, Byleth is a mute during most everything pertaining to the monastery, also during the story apparently, but they talk during battles and, most likely, supports. Wonder how that'll work out.

3 minutes ago, Cysx said:

In the end it's interesting that Byleth has supports at all. I'm going to assume they won't stay silent then, and even multiple choices really wouldn't work; so, Byleth is a mute during most everything pertaining to the monastery, also during the story apparently, but they talk during battles and, most likely, supports. Wonder how that'll work out.

Not necessarily. Social Links/Confidants in Persona are basically like supports and they're done with a silent protagonist.

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

Not necessarily. Social Links/Confidants in Persona are basically like supports and they're done with a silent protagonist.

How do those work?

32 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Personally in a game where romancing characters is a good chunk of the appeal I prefer the everyone is gay/bi option. I don’t need for the game that has never cared about realism to suddenly give a damn about it just to limit the options a non-straight player should have.

I so much agree with your statement.

But when writers do write these same-sex supports, especially in making this content for the world to consume, I want visibility. I want to know that these characters and their identity matter. It's probably why I love Leon so much because he felt so real, and his identity shaped his view on life.

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

How do those work?

Character talks and you as the protagonist have options to choose dialogue options. It's very much like what you've seen in the E3 gameplay (if you have) with the protagonist talking to the students. Imagine that and expand that into a support conversation.