The official Three Houses site has launched

8 minutes ago, May said:

Character talks and you as the protagonist have options to choose dialogue options. It's very much like what you've seen in the E3 gameplay (if you have) with the protagonist talking to the students. Imagine that and expand that into a support conversation.

...oh, it's that simple. Well yeah, as said I don't think that's a good idea for FE supports, or something people will like. Remains to be seen for sure though.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not seen many people comment on the fact that the website sorta confirmed that when weapons run out of uses they can be repaired; most likely at the forge.

I can imagine Byleth's and the other Crest weapons follow the similar system to magic in this game where they are unique to one character and their durability regenerates after each map.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

I'm happy we are getting repairable weapons back. I'm assuming that means at least one person can learn hammerne maybe, which I can see being maybe a 1 use per map white magic spell.

7 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm happy we are getting repairable weapons back. I'm assuming that means at least one person can learn hammerne maybe, which I can see being maybe a 1 use per map white magic spell.

1 use per map is still quite a lot; given the fact that we've got at least 20 story maps and a lot of side maps. Maybe a new version of it where it only restores say 25% of uses.

37 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Odd that we are a month away from the release of the game and still the website has not updated yet. The official English coverage is really dropping the ball here compared to JP.  

Well, we just got a new trailer and multiple gameplay videos. I occasionally see ads for it on Facebook as well.

People are being way too paranoid about not getting the character profiles in English. Mario Maker 2 has barely gotten more coverage than Three Houses in the west.

43 minutes ago, Florete said:

Well, we just got a new trailer and multiple gameplay videos. I occasionally see ads for it on Facebook as well.

People are being way too paranoid about not getting the character profiles in English. Mario Maker 2 has barely gotten more coverage than Three Houses in the west.

Granted, part of that can potentially be contributed to the fact that Mario Maker 2 got a direct all to itself, and Nintendo really doesn't have to advertise it that much since Mario pretty much sells itself.

A far cry from Fire Emblem which really needs the attention advertising brings.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I don't know about that, Mario Maker 2 has been revealed four months ago and has received roughly twice a much coverage as Three Houses already, when the latter was announced in early 2017. SMM2 also had a surprise tournament at E3, and it was playable, too.
Edit: My mistake, scratch that last one. However, it received three separate segments of Tree house coverage.
... which is crazy when you think about it.

Also what Sentinel07 said.

Edited by Cysx

9 hours ago, Cysx said:

I don't know about that, Mario Maker 2 has been revealed four months ago and has received roughly twice a much coverage as Three Houses already, when the latter was announced in early 2017. SMM2 also had a surprise tournament at E3, and it was playable, too.
Edit: My mistake, scratch that last one. However, it received three separate segments of Tree house coverage.
... which is crazy when you think about it.

Also what Sentinel07 said.

Twice as much? It got its reveal trailer, a direct, a few other tidbits here and there, and Treehouse coverage. Three Houses got its reveal trailer (at E3 as opposed to a standard direct), was the primary focus of a general direct, got another E3 trailer and a segment of Treehouse coverage. That doesn't sound like "twice as much" to me. MM2 is also coming out a month sooner, so it should be getting more attention right about now. Three Houses still has time.

When the big Mario title of the year gets only a little more attention than Fire Emblem, I'm not especially worried.

4 hours ago, Florete said:

Twice as much? It got its reveal trailer, a direct, a few other tidbits here and there, and Treehouse coverage. Three Houses got its reveal trailer (at E3 as opposed to a standard direct), was the primary focus of a general direct, got another E3 trailer and a segment of Treehouse coverage. That doesn't sound like "twice as much" to me. MM2 is also coming out a month sooner, so it should be getting more attention right about now. Three Houses still has time.

When the big Mario title of the year gets only a little more attention than Fire Emblem, I'm not especially worried.

I mean, it's not too hard to look at the numbers: Fire Emblem got a 2:10 trailer, a 5:17 presentation, a 1:37 trailer, and a ~30 minutes Treehouse presentation.

SMM2 got a 1:27 reveal, a 17:28 direct, and three separate ~24 minutes Treehouse segments.
Then it got a roughly one hour long tournament on top of that. There were also a couple short interviews focused on the game with Takashi Tezuka and/or Shigeru Miyamoto.

That's ~40m and four segments for FE, vs ~2h40 and 8 segments for SMM2, in ~1/8th of the time. And I mean regardless of all that, something pretty important is that there's a lot to say about FE16(we'd know), and, frankly, not necessarily that much about SMM2? I don't know, maybe I'm being biased here, what I'm trying to say is, it's not a result of a lack of material, but a choice.

Now maybe they plan to catch up right before release, but I mean, I can't think of many reasons not to at least translate the twitter profiles.

Edited by Cysx

It's a choice, but not a strange one. We may be getting used to FE becoming more mainstream since Awakening, but we can't expect it to get the same marketing as Super Mario even if I'd personally like that.

Actually I tend to follow comments on other sites before and during Nintendo Directs etc. and there are usually a bunch of people being annoyed or worrying that they will show too much FE. Also back when SSB was coming out it seemed like everyone was saying things like "come on, not another FE character!"

Basically I'm not sure forcing a lot of FE content would work in their favor. Then it wouldn't hurt to have separate videos or a separate FE centered Direct etc.

Support conversations finally confirmed. Not that there was much doubt, but we hadn't actually seen any footage of them until this point.

BERNIE SUPPORT ALERT

Spoiler

image.png.2722e12ebdc29491d9a67274ffd961d0.png

There's also a clear view of Gilbert, for anyone clamouring for him.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Capella said:

Have they talked about that "foreign exchange students" online feature before? I feel like that's new.

It is new. It seems to work sort of like the StreetPass in Awakening, which is cool.

Other than that, I've heard on Reddit that it has information about support conversations (which apparently use 3d models) and more paralgoues (one involving Felix's dad). Also Gilbert teaches Axe, Lance, Riding, and Heavy Armor.

Edit: Beaten to the punch on two of those, but to well.

Edited by BastienSoul

2 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

It is new. It seems to work sort of like the StreetPass in Awakening, which is cool.

Other than that, I've heard on Reddit that it has information about support conversations (which apparently use 3d models) and more paralgoues (one involving Felix's dad). Also Gilbert teaches Axe, Lance, Riding, and Heavy Armor.

Edit: Beaten to the punch on two of those, but to well.

Sheesh, he'd be perfect for Great Knight if it existed. 😄

Nice to see support conversations even though it wasn't a surprise. I do take a little personal enjoyment in seeing that they used Bernadetta for their example. 

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Nice to see support conversations even though it wasn't a surprise. I do take a little personal enjoyment in seeing that they used Bernadetta for their example. 

They know exactly what they're doing. Getting the biggest introvert in the game to open up to you is going to be like crack for a lot of people.

I will never not love Google translations of Japanese.

"By looking at one side that you could not know in your daily life, you will deepen your love for friends."

I didn't think FE would become a harem simulator, but I guess now everyone's falling in love, lmao.

Anyway...

1 hour ago, Lynsanity said:

Support conversations finally confirmed. Not that there was much doubt, but we hadn't actually seen any footage of them until this point.

BERNIE SUPPORT ALERT

Hide contents

image.png.2722e12ebdc29491d9a67274ffd961d0.png

We've finally upgraded from static portraits making expressions at each other to 3D models standing around, emoting.

What an amazing upgrade, Berniedetters.

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Have they talked about that "foreign exchange students" online feature before? I feel like that's new.

Yeah, there's been no mention of that until this site update.

I always did appreciate the StreetPass/online features in the 3DS games (at least the first two, didn't really access the online features of SoV).  This seems to essentially be an adaptation of that, which I think is quite nice.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Sheesh, he'd be perfect for Great Knight if it existed. 😄

EIBmHyJ.jpg

HHHHMMMMMMMMM

Maybe it exists in Master Tier, and for some reason it's higher tier than Paladin.

1 hour ago, Lynsanity said:

They know exactly what they're doing. Getting the biggest introvert in the game to open up to you is going to be like crack for a lot of people.

And it'll be meth for introverts.

I think I will avoid using the "crack" analogy, though.

I don't know what to think about the exchange student thing. Going through menus in earlier games was fine, but seeing twins of my own students from another dimension running around will probably be very strange. I also hope they don't take away too much appeal from the regular market.

34 minutes ago, Nio said:

Never used street pass and i have no idea how it works, so...

What would the transfer student be like then, if its like streetpass? What can we do?

When one of the students appears, you will have a choice between several activities, including buying items from them, doing a training battle with them, and hiring them as an assistant (for the pair-up like feature).

1 hour ago, BastienSoul said:

When one of the students appears, you will have a choice between several activities, including buying items from them, doing a training battle with them, and hiring them as an assistant (for the pair-up like feature).

Basically this.

I believe StreetPass is not based on wi-fi, because you can StreetPass even without being connected to wi-fi.  Though even I'm not 100% sure how it works, but it definitely requires the presence of another Switch to work.  Basically, if you just come in proximity to another Switch with StreetPass activated (you don't even really have to see it or interact with the other player), you'll StreetPass with them.  And that's when you'd get an exchange unit.

Very likely if you went to a busy place of recreation like a mall, a park, or rec center, you'd probably easily find yourself receiving transfers from others.  Alternatively if you have a friend who has a Switch as well as the game and has StreetPass activated, you're guaranteed to receive some students from them (though they may also pass on students from other devices depending on if they StreetPassed with other people; StreetPass information sometimes hops around on many different devices).

One of the cool things is buying items from them.  Because in Awakening, people would give their StreetPass teams certain valued items (such as reclass-seals or some legendary weapons that are hard to come by) which you could opt to buy if you don't really want to recruit their avatar.  This meant that you could get things you're not supposed to have ready access to earlier on than you'd normally get them.  If this exchange feature did something similar, that'd be really cool.

25 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Basically, if you just come in proximity to another Switch with StreetPass activated

I believe Switch uses the online functionality to do what the 3DS games did with StreetPass (meaning it won't interact with nearby Switch units at all). Unless I've missed something Switch doesn't have StreetPass functionality at all. Do correct me if I'm wrong though!

Edited by Siskan

1 minute ago, Siskan said:

I believe Switch uses the online functionality to do what the 3DS games did with StreetPass (meaning it won't interact with nearby Switch units at all). Unless I've missed something Switch doesn't have StreetPass functionality at all. Do correct me if I'm wrong though!

Yeah, you're right, I just read up on it.

The feature in this game requires a subscription to Nintendo's online feature.  Which I've personally abstained from using due to its sub-par nature in a number of respects.