New event calendar (May-June 2019)

DarkAlf

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, look, brides.

I appreciate that they've put the Special Hero Revival banners on this one, especially after the panic last month about Spring Festival.

Cool, they've started to put the Revival Seasonal Banner on the Calendar now~ That's helpful for pinning down when they start

A Leif Banner is nice, I still have yet to get him, so I may drop a few Orbs there~

Finn and Mareeta can't be on the Leif and Nanna banner, so I guess Green Olwen will probably round it out?

Main events look pretty standard, and the advance notice of revival timing is nice.

Heroes with Dragon Fang banner is interesting. Out of units currently in the main summoning pool (and therefore excluding the new Corrin), the only 5* exclusives are Dream Corrin M, Julia, and Siegbert, so I'm guessing they'll be the banner.

21 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm glad we won't have to wait as long for the next New Hero banner/Story chapter as I thought.

I worried they'd hit us with Brides and Summer banners consecutively.

One month is very long, imo, especially for the pathetic story progress we are getting. I also do not like the new standard sequence of Special-New-Special-New-etc (with summer maybe giving us two Special batches in a row, as you already mentioned, though not necessarily), just because New Heroes get a Forging Bond event, while Special Heroes get a Tempest Trial. But whatever, it's not like this subject was anything new.

Schedule looks pretty bland, with nothing exciting, but also nothing offensively bad.

Eir Quests? Reminds me of that time that there was Fjorm quests datamined and based on her having her subtitle in the quest descriptions, we correctly deduced she would get some kind of alt in an upcoming banner. If there WAS a Bride Eir, it would probably be talked about in spoilers in every thread right now.

Leif and Nanna Bound Hero Battle? Nice to see them give the side characters some attention after the Lord, Reinhardt, got his own BHB.

This calendar is pretty bleh fodder to make jokes off of. Except Tap Battle Revival. That's a joke, right there.

Brides returning was obvious. But a New Heroes banner in early June too, awesome. Glad we don't have to wait all that long for that!

None of the Bride banners so far have had anyone I wanted much though. Hopefully third time's the charm here, I'm kinda itching for a bride (or groom) that I actually care for. Though at the same time, I also want to save up a big orb stash for Summer Freddy's return this summer. So having to skip again wouldn't be bad.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

One month is very long, imo, especially for the pathetic story progress we are getting. I also do not like the new standard sequence of Special-New-Special-New-etc (with summer maybe giving us two Special batches in a row, as you already mentioned, though not necessarily), just because New Heroes get a Forging Bond event, while Special Heroes get a Tempest Trial. But whatever, it's not like this subject was anything new.

Schedule looks pretty bland, with nothing exciting, but also nothing offensively bad.

It's not ideal but I'll take what I can get at this point. I've pretty much just submitted to the fact that we're stuck with one chapter a month for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Sentinel07

Looks like another standard month with the events occurring the usual sequence. Bridal banner will probably be a skip for me since I doubt any female character I like will be on it. I am interested in which game gets focused on the 6/11 New Heroes banner since it is very likely to be the last banner to add new characters from older games for a while before Three Houses and Summer Seasonals take over.

Brides returning was obvious. I'm hoping for some merges for my Bride Lyn, and a Groom Eliwood in this new Bride banner.

How much ya wanna bet that the June New Heroes banner is that theoretical third Tellius banner with Jill and Shinon? Because I totally think that's what it is.

So we're expecting the following banners:

• May 14 - New Power Banner: Faye, Stahl, Sully, Lukas
  • May 21 - New brides: ???
  • May 22 - Bride Revival year two: B!Tharja, B!Ninian, B!Sanaki
  • May 24 - Brides Revival year one: B!Charlotte, B!Caeda, B!Cordelia, B!Lyn
  • May 26 - Heroes with Dragon Fang: Julia, Siegbert, Adrift!M!Corrin?
  • May 27 - Bound Hero Battle banner: Leif, Nanna, ??? (Quan?)
  • May 30 - Mythic Banner: L!Eirika, Hrid, L!Tiki, L!Lyn, Duma, ???
  • May 31 - VG Banner: ???
  • Juen 6 - Heroes with Flier Formation: Elincia, Bow!Hinoka, Leanne?
  • June 11 - New Heroes Banner: ???

Luckily so far nothing I want to go for, so I can save orbs in peace. Can only hope the new brides have nothing I want, but as long as Lissa isn't there I should be safe I hope.

Tap battle revivial sucks, that very probably means no orbs again :/ Wish they would make it more meaningful for those who already own all the accessories.

Another month, another calendar:

Spoiler

GHB: Delthea's tomorrow, so that'll hopefully be neat but the big one that's coming personally is Gharnef. It happened in the same week as my disconnect from the game due to how bad the Hrid banner went (For those who don't remember, I got Hrid and literally nothing else after getting to 12.5%. It hurt.) and it had kicked me pretty badly beforehand so I haven't beaten Lunatic. This time..... I hope this time's different.

As for BHBs, the new one is Leif and Nanna (I guess they had to connect something to the banner and Mareeta was the best choice they had). The rerun's Corrin and Kana, which is certainly forgettable so I assume it'll be fine. Also ties into this recent banner because of Demented Corrin.

GC will have Fates for certain as its backdrop. I doubt we'll get a free unit, they probably should do that actually, make a unit who drops into the 3/4* pool to freshen that up related to the backdrop, it'd make getting units low on the rankings easier.

Tap Battle's an encore.

Just give us an accessory shop already these suck.

Eir quests, so those'll be uneventful. Easy enough, I use her in my AR team as is. Flier mastery's also coming, which for me means it's already completed.

Voting Gauntlet: I wish they'd tell us the topic in advance honestly.

The next TT's bride related. I am afraid I won't have any of the units for it like Easter, which sucked hard and I have a 5*+1 Loki because of it and I hate it.

And as for the banners:

Wrath's still good honestly if you can pull on it still.

The New Power banner's only really worth pulling on if you have the other units or really want Faye.

New Special banner's absolutely wedding themed. We might get lucky and it's a Groom banner, but I doubt it. The new ones are a doubtful interest and I literally do not care about either rerun (Unless I get a free 5* and even then Brinian would be the only one I'd be chuffed to get that I already have).

Heroes with Dragon Fang has fewer options than you'd think. Of the 5* exclusives there's Julia, Valla!M!Corrin and Seigbert. The others are seasonals and legendaries, aside from a unit on the current new heroes banner, which is still on when this banner starts. So yeah, I think I've called it, Corrin's the only good unit to go for unless you like the other two. 

Leif and Nanna's banner is likely to have Gronnwen (I doubt it'd have Zweihardt, he's been on a BHB before) or for Genealogy someone like Leen or Julia (Who's unlikely because of the Dragon Fang banner) could happen (Speaking of, why is Julia 5* exclusive still?). Edit: Quan could also be an option, but I kind of feel like they'll keep it by generation and Quan's kind of unable to be near his son. If he is on the banner however, I will flip because I'd finally have the chance to get him again.

Mythic I will not bother to predict. Though it could be a lot of things based on the banner, it's more like the Mythic predicts the next banner. Really a shame it starts the day after the current banner ends.

Flier Formation has Leanne, Kinoka and Elincia. Not only do I have all three, but I doubt I'd try to go for any of them. They're not bad units mind, but the legendary banner's also a thing.

Edited by Dayni

Dragon Fang Banner might have Julia so I'll be spending my orbs there till I have my second Julia and fix her Flaw. That's been something I've wanted to do since the very first banner I spent orbs on when I started this game.

I hope I'll still have some orbs for the legendary banner but if I don't get LEirika or LTiki that would be fine. I have ATiki and Eirika already made them +10 so it's not like I haven't shown my love for them.

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I wonder who'll be the new Mythic? Obviously it's going to be Astra, so...perhaps Naga? Although Anankos would be another one I'd hope for.

Anankos actually makes sense as the Mythic. He technically counts as a Fallen Hero (his Human form at least), so he'd fit the theme of the banner similar to how Legendary Grima did last year.

...Lilith might also fit the bill though. She's an Astral Dragon after all, even already has a Breath weapon (Astral Breath) and possible personal skill (Astral Blessing). She literally IS the element of Astra.

Didn't notice the Leif & Nanna BHB, out of pity for Thracia and a liking for Leif stemming from FE4, I think I'll have to go for the littlest lord, hopefully he will be drawn by my pity. I don't have that many Orbs though; and please no Swordhardt. Daddy Quan would be very good though.

Julia gets a little of my pity, but I can't try for her, have to ration my Orb usage. I already have her mom and Green Tome is certainly my most common Tome Color (I need more likable Blues- Blucius IS!).

*Sigh*

Spoiler

Something with this game just doesn't click for me. I find it dreadfully boring. A diminutive FE isn't as fun as I'd hope it'd be. I want to like it, but Hardin stood a better chance with Nyna. 

I can't be bothered to learn what all the skills do. I can't be bothered to try the GHBs for the challenge. I stand no chance nor have a care for this metagame stuff. And as quick as it is, I often haven't leveled my characters at all and leave them used. Skill Inheritance is awful, I need to grind for more SP for it to work and have to sacrifice a unit I can't help but think might be better off given to someone else. A merge project is a total joke. Summoning is the only joy this game has to offer, and it's only a joy when one has Orbs to give and one gets the reward they sought.

Whenever I reflect on my PC rep numbers, I just think to myself, how nearly halfway in this game's lifespan, there is so much missing. I see the void, I see the slow rate of additions, I recognize that not everyone is going to make it in. But even were it not for my total inclusion desires, it would do little to affect the gameplay. A bite-sized SRPG that has the flavor of the glue Sigurd's horse became.

I won't drop this game, I continue to play it lightly, but I can only ever give it a 5/10. And that entire 5 is for the idea of FEH, nothing for its gameplay. I really really liked the idea of an intraseries crossover, but this... isn't working for me.

I think Fallen Heroes 2 has just put me in a bad mood with this game for the moment, every NH this year has been good for new character additions and has made the 50:50 divide with Seasonals bearable. With FH2 this isn't the case.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Looks like I can save orbs this month since I don't care about brides, unless they do a groom banner with one of my favorite guys on it which is not gonna happen.  Well my plans for this month are save orbs and grind as much HM as I can for my merge projects since my goal is to actually have a 5*+10 unit by my Bday in July even though I am very lazy on grinding feathers.

Freebies:
5/12: Delthea GHB
5/14: New Power (Sully, Stahl, Lukas, Faye)
5/21: 2019 Bride banner
5/22: 2018 Bride rerun (Tharja, Ninian, Sanaki)
5/24: 2017 Bride rerun (Caeda, Charlotte, Cordelia, Lyn)
5/26: Dragon Fang banner (candidates: MCorrin, Fallen Corrin, Adrift MCorrin, Julia, MMorgan, Sophia, Siegbert)
5/27: BHB banner (Leif, Nanna, possibly blue Olwen?)
5/30: Mythic banner (Eirika, Hrid, Tiki, Lyn, Duma, ???)
5/31: VG banner
6/5: Gharnef GHB rerun
6/6: Flier Formation banner (Elincia, Hinoka, Leanne)
6/11: New Heroes

New Power's a skip - probably free summon red or colorless.
Likely wouldn't be spending many orbs on the 2019 Bride banner.
For the 2018 rerun, may free summon green to pull Sanaki if the mood to create a utility Odin ever strikes me.
2017 Bride banner is where my orbs are going to go!
Dragon Fang's a skip - none of the units are particularly interesting to me.
BHB banner is a skip as I'm not too interested in any of the units; I'm guessing blue Olwen is going to be the 3rd Focus unit as she's a book 1 unit (she cannot be pulled on new unit banners, making her more difficult to pull than green Olwen).
Hate to say it since it has Legends Eirika and Lyn, but I don't really have plans to put many orbs into the Mythic banner.
VG banner's likely a skip.
Flier Formation... I'd probably free summon red.

I'm unlikely to go for anyone on the bride banner unless it has a red bow. I said the same thing about the spring banner and made an exception for Bruno, but that was a pretty unusual situation.

Either way, I'm expecting to want multiple colors on the mythic banner, so anything else can wait until afterward. Incidentally, that's the same thing I did with Bruno. I already have what I want from the Fallen Heroes banner, and I don't expect anything else too exciting to end before the mythic banner.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No shame in taking a break!  Whether it's a short one or permanent is up to you.