New event calendar (May-June 2019)

DarkAlf

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know why anyone would expect a Bride Camilla when not only does she have tons of alts and and backlash already, but will also be getting a Brave alt that she never should've gotten.

No idea why you’re saying the Camilla brave alt is one “we never should have gotten” considering that’s the one and only Camilla alt people actually asked for. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

No idea why you’re saying the Camilla brave alt is one “we never should have gotten” considering that’s the one and only Camilla alt people actually asked for. 

Isn't it obvious? I have no idea why she got so many votes when Camilla fans already got their precious Camilla alts while other characters have none or aren't even in the game in any form. Surely there are other characters these fans care about too. Why not vote for them?

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Isn't it obvious? I have no idea why she got so many votes when Camilla fans already got their precious Camilla alts while other characters have none or aren't even in the game in any form. Surely there are other characters these fans care about too. Why not vote for them?

Cause they like Camilla more and I don’t see what’s so wrong with that. They like the character so they vote for that character. It really is that simple.

What I want for the Bride Banner:

-Bride Deirdre

-Groom Sigurd

-Bride Anna

-Groom Eliwood

-Bride Rinea

Either Eliwood, Anna, or Rinea could be a TT reward. Probably Rinea or Anna since Eliwood already has a seasonal alt as a TT reward

5 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Cause they like Camilla more and I don’t see what’s so wrong with that. They like the character so they vote for that character. It really is that simple.

They already got the Camilla alts that they wanted though. How many times do I have to say this?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because no number of alts would prevent people for votings for their favorites. It’s how these things work. 

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Because no number of alts would prevent people for votings for their favorites. It’s how these things work. 

Then those people are selfish when their favorites are already getting a bunch of alts.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then those people are selfish when their favorites are already getting a bunch of alts.

That’s not being selfish. It’s being honest to what you believe and who do you like best. Micaiah could have gotten a dozen alts prior to CYL3, I still would have given her all my votes. 

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

That’s not being selfish. It’s being honest to what you believe and who do you like best. Micaiah could have gotten a dozen alts prior to CYL3, I still would have given her all my votes. 

I see it as being selfish. I'm not going to vote for Frederick or Ike after they've gotten a lot of alts (though I couldn't vote Ike now anyway since he got a Brave alt). I know there are other characters who deserve alts just as much as them.

Edited by Anacybele

I am very sick of Camilla getting so many variants, but I'm not gonna shame anyone who voted for her cuz they like her. The only people I will glare an eye at are those who voted for Camilla out of spite. In my opinion, if a character has enough versions of themself to full a form team, that's a good time to stop with the alts.

10 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Maybe they wanted specifically a brave version or wanted even more. 

Like I said, I see that as being selfish.

EDIT: And yeah, who knows how many Camilla voters just voted for her out of spite like Gregster pointed out. That's even worse.

Edited by Anacybele

If anything, I’d give a glare to all the people who rally for a character in order to take another one out, like all the people who voted F!Robin just for Camilla to lose (which backfired anyway). 

If it weren't for Corrin the last time I wouldn't have mentioned Camilla here. To be honest I was a bit perplexed on the last banner, I just expected more backlash on this one. If its a 7th Camilla alt the rage is huge, but if its a damn 7th Corrin or Tiki alt all are happy with it as long as some little candy is mixed in it. xD Which is why I think Insys does not bother with backlash as long as the money flows. Maybe they will time the next Camilla a bit better yeah, but there is still demand on Camilla so we should just brace ourselves for the next on any banner the Brave Camilla aside.

I mean with a bit time I think I get why this banner did not get so much backlash, timing was better and there was still a bit catering in all directions. 

If the Backlash on the Adrift banner was only because of Camilla and not because of the 2 Corrins along with her I honestly don't know what to say anymore. At this point I will just put it off as Camilla dislike and not unhappiness because of alts itself.

I like Camilla, but I also am not to fond of her getting all the alt places. I was also mad at the Adrift banner.

I just want to say at this point we shouldn't be surprised if a new Camilla comes in another seasonal banner again. It doesn't matter anymore if it is the 7th or 15th Camilla. Expecting is not as the same wishing for. And I think I put the line in my last post between it, from what I expect and what I wish for.

Edited by Stroud

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like I said, I see that as being selfish.

EDIT: And yeah, who knows how many Camilla voters just voted for her out of spite like Gregster pointed out. That's even worse.

The entire concept of CYL is selfish if you ask me.

16 minutes ago, Stroud said:

If it weren't for Corrin the last time I wouldn't have mentioned Camilla here. To be honest I was a bit perplexed on the last banner, I just expected more backlash on this one. If its a 7th Camilla alt the rage is huge, but if its a damn 7th Corrin or Tiki alt all are happy with it as long as some little candy is mixed in it. xD Which is why I think Insys does not bother with backlash as long as the money flows. Maybe they will time the next Camilla a bit better yeah, but there is still demand on Camilla so we should just brace ourselves for the next on any banner the Brave Camilla aside.

I mean with a bit time I think I get why this banner did not get so much backlash, timing was better and there was still a bit catering in all directions. 

If the Backlash on the Adrift banner was only because of Camilla and not because of the 2 Corrins along with her I honestly don't know what to say anymore. At this point I will just put it off as Camilla dislike and not unhappiness because of alts itself.

I like Camilla, but I also am not to fond of her getting all the alt places. I was also mad at the Adrift banner.

I just want to say at this point we shouldn't be surprised if a new Camilla comes in another seasonal banner again. It doesn't matter anymore if it is the 7th or 15th Camilla. Expecting is not as the same wishing for. And I think I put the line in my last post between it, from what I expect and what I wish for.

I'm honestly disappointed that there hasn't been as big of a backlash to the Fallen Heroes pt. 2 banner as there has been with Eirika or Lyn's last alt. Corrin and Tiki both have a decent amount of alts and should have gotten more flak.

8 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Corrin and Tiki both have a decent amount of alts and should have gotten more flak.

Some people might be considering the genders of Corrin and ages of Tiki as separate. But I think they've gotten enough alts myself and wish other characters were used in that banner instead of them.

39 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Corrin and Tiki both have a decent amount of alts and should have gotten more flak.

Yeah, no thanks. I greatly prefer less needless, incessant bitching compared to more of it.

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, no thanks. I greatly prefer less needless, incessant bitching compared to more of it.

It's not bitching. It's about criticizing a choice IS made.

I think the reason the last Corrin and Tiki alts didn’t get much flak is, well, two reasons actually. 

First, the alt banners have gotten more varied featuring characters from multiple games. Even with FH2 being a “New” banner people prefer it over an all-Fates banner, which is the main reason Adrift and Onsen got so much flak. 

Second, I think people have generally accepted this is where the game is going, with at least half the units being alts. 

It’s amazing how fitting the Kubler-Ross model (aka Five stages of grief) is for this whole situation. Plenty of people seem to have finally accepted it and moved on, while others will probably be stuck forever in “Anger”

There is 0 amount of backlash that IS could get that would make them turn away money. They will make as many Camillas as they please because she will sell. I don't know why people still think IS cares about backlash and Youtube dislikes when it's never changed anything as far as alts are concerned.  

Personally, I don't consider Y!Tiki and A!Tiki as the same so I wasn't bothered by this Tiki, same for F!Corrin, but this is the 4th for them and an Emblem team is generally where I draw my limit to who I think they can add next~ So when F!M!Corrin gets in, it's good with me, but after that, I'd like to see other characters~ Regardless, IS will still make as many alts for one character as they want as long as they will sell.

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Cause knowing IS they’re going to do it no matter what people have to say. I mean they’ve done it before so why not again. Though I don’t think we’ll be getting bride Camilla either what with her jpn voice actress being on maternity leave and all that and if there’s one thing I know about japanese seiyuus is that that recasting is a BIG no no unless in extreme circumstances.

They record these things months in advance so unless Camillas's Seiyuu has been on maternity leave for that long, Bride Camilla is perfectly possible.

It probably also helps that Corrin and Tiki can be divided into male/female and young/old. So technically they have a lot of alts, but it still feels a bit different when compared to others who are far more similar.

But anyway my safe bets for brides are Severa and L'arachel. Severa has the character type for it and L'arachel is a popular sacred stones character that has her wedding mentioned.

My risky bride (and groom) bets are Sigurd and Deirdre. Jugdral will get alts eventually and brides and grooms are the most fitting theme.

I still want to see Dozla on a bridal banner though. Not as bride or groom, but as overly emotional wedding guest.

Don't really see a problem with Corrin's and Tiki's alts. Technically this is F!Corrin's and Y!Tiki's fourth alt which is not as bad as Camilla's seventh/eighth alt. IS probably considers male/female Corrin and young/older Tiki as separate characters plus as someone probably mentioned already as long as alts sell well IS will keep doing them regardless of online reactions.

Edited by NSSKG151

0 problem with the Tiki/Corrin alts for the reasons above; only part that irks me is that Corrins now seem to be labeled as trainee units for no decent reason (since Adrift), but I'll shrug it off.
The inclusion of FFCorrin makes me expect an Anankos-related Fallen MCorrin soon, whether as the upcoming Mythic or next month's Legendary. The avatar genders are rarely unbalanced for more than several months.

It's still easily one of my favorite banners from this year so far, even if I didn't get any of the focus units. The art on Berkut in particular is just godly.

40 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

It's not bitching. It's about criticizing a choice IS made.

Eh sure maybe it was at one point, but it quickly devolves into bitching when that’s all one does.

Just because you’re mad that Julia or whoever else got rejected in favor of more popular characters doesn’t mean everyone else should be too.