New event calendar (May-June 2019)

DarkAlf

2 hours ago, Jave said:

I mean, my plan for CYL4 was to give Mareeta all my votes now that Micaiah is out of the run. Now that Mareeta got added, am I selfish for choosing to stick to that plan? Should I be "empathetic" and pick someone else who isn't in the game yet? 

Even though I want a non-fallen Mareeta more than anything, I'm going to vote for the seven characters I want most that aren't in the game. It isn't about empathy, it's about getting characters I like in the game that some other people happen to like as well.

2 hours ago, Jave said:

I've already been called selfish twice in this thread. It sucks that this is even a thing in this community.

If you feel shame, then you have a guilty conscience, unlike @XRay. Take his advice, if you don't want to take mine.

38 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I should have specified that when I said that, that I meant it from a fan perspective and not from IS. I'm selfish as well. With every vote I give to Julia, Tine or Sara I'm not giving a vote to Will, Brom, Wolf, Tomas or Roshea thus making the chance that they'll get released in Heroes smaller and smaller and those are just random unpopular FE characters that came to mind. 

If Tine and Sara are more popular than those other characters, then more people would be happy to see them added and so they should be the priority.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If you feel shame, then you have a guilty conscience, unlike @XRay. Take his advice, if you don't want to take mine.

I don't feel shame in what I do. I've already said that I vote for my favorites regardless of alts. It's just disappointing seeing these kind of comments in this community, which are done in a condescending manner and with the intention of shaming.

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eirika was robbed even harder since she absolutely would have won 2nd place, even over Camilla, if not for a poorly-timed alt on the SS banner.

Marth was robbed even harder since he would have won second place if they counted things differently.

Want proper selfish? How about a reverse-CYL where the "winners" are removed from the game? I'd vote Surtr, Legendary Azura, Gaius, Oboro and Jakob.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

That wasn't my intention, and I'm fairly sure it wasn't Ana's either.

If you say so, I believe you. But I don’t think you should speak for Ana. 

6 hours ago, Jave said:

with the intention of shaming.

lmao, the only "intention" I see here is you playing the victim and it's the worst form of arguing I've ever seen.

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

41 minutes ago, fOrEiGn sOUl said:

lmao, the only "intention" I see here is you playing the victim and it's the worst form of arguing I've ever seen.

I have no intention on pursuing this any further based on my above reply to Baldrick, but please don’t dismiss my initial comment with such a throwaway post. This was never about trying to play victim or anything like that (which I’m not). 

I wonder since which time Camilla will be technically able to get Alts again, I don't know how Maternity Leave works in Japan, but I'm least sure she is perfectly on-time to get her CYL3 Alt.

Leaving after July make her probably unlikely to appear in characters designed for February, March and April unless they have something designed with a ton of anticipation.

16 hours ago, Jave said:

If you say so, I believe you. But I don’t think you should speak for Ana. 

He's right though, I wasn't trying to shame anyone. Why would I? It's wrong.

22 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Want proper selfish? How about a reverse-CYL where the "winners" are removed from the game? I'd vote Surtr, Legendary Azura, Gaius, Oboro and Jakob.

the last 3 confusee. Why? Also Surtr easy Target now for me. still sucks at tun mes in AR during light season but in Arena he gets mostly demolished

18 minutes ago, Hilda said:

the last 3 confusee. Why? Also Surtr easy Target now for me. still sucks at tun mes in AR during light season but in Arena he gets mostly demolished

Poor statlines and no fodder value, probably the three units I most hate seeing when summoning. They have their fans of course based on their characters, but in FEH I'd have a better time of it if they didn't exist. Of course, it's a ridiculously selfish thing to want, but that was the point.

Just realized something. All the bonus units for the next Tempest Trial event are going to be all brides isn't it since there isn't a banner associated with Tempest Trials on the calendar? Oh great, guess I am going to end using whoever the freebie unit is aren't I? Hopefully the freebie isn't someone I dislike too much.

13 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Just realized something. All the bonus units for the next Tempest Trial event are going to be all brides isn't it since there isn't a banner associated with Tempest Trials on the calendar? Oh great, guess I am going to end using whoever the freebie unit is aren't I? Hopefully the freebie isn't someone I dislike too much.

Its a 50/50, we have had 8 tempest trials based on seasonal banners in the last year-ish, 3 of those were based on seasonal banners that did not exist prior, leaving us with 5 that can be used as a reference, from those 5, 3 used non alt versions of the focus characters as the filler and 2 used previous seasonal of the same type.

7 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

You're correct~ They would have specified that there was a separate TT Banner if there was one, so it's going to be the 2018 Brides as well as the new ones~

CYL is a popularity contest. as in who you like -not "who should be in the game." contest. 

if people want to use it as a method to get people they like in the game, who is not -  that's their prerogative.
if people want to use it to get their favourite character a chance to have an alt - regardless if they are in the game or not - that's their prerogative. 

saying that people are selfish for voting what they want in a popularity contest amazes me. 

in other news i just really want a dancing gauntlet banner. 

Dang, I don't have any of last year's brides, so either I'll have to pull one of the upcoming new ones or use the TT freebie. I hope one of them is someone I won't mind using or pulling for.

12 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Its a 50/50, we have had 8 tempest trials based on seasonal banners in the last year-ish, 3 of those were based on seasonal banners that did not exist prior, leaving us with 5 that can be used as a reference, from those 5, 3 used non alt versions of the focus characters as the filler and 2 used previous seasonal of the same type.

Still if some of the bonus units for the next Tempest Trials would have non-seasonals on it the calendar would have said there was a Tempest Trial banner coming some time before it. I don't remember a time they haven't.

In a sense, the 2017 and 2018 Bridal rerun are most likely the Tempest Trial banners since some of the bonus units are most likely going to be picked from those two banners. And it would be especially devilish for them to pick say B!Charlotte and B!Lyn as bonus units but not B!Caeda and B!Cordelia. Hence my disappointment since I dislike using seasonal units plus it kind of creates the scenario of having to choose between spending orbs for limited time five star exclusive units or dragging around the freebie unit for my Tempest Trial runs.

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

You're correct~ They would have specified that there was a separate TT Banner if there was one, so it's going to be the 2018 Brides as well as the new ones~

Great, and guess who is most likely not to have any of the bride units. Here's hoping Groom Marth comes back as a bonus unit.

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Great, and guess who is most likely not to have any of the bride units. Here's hoping Groom Marth comes back as a bonus unit.

You an me both.  Though I maxed Groom Marth out on everything ages ago, so looks like I will be using the TT unit unless I get really lucky with my free pulls.

55 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

It will likely depend on how many new Brides we get~ If we get 3, that's 4 New Heroes as Bonuses and there's only 3 Brides from last year, so Marth could see a return~ If there's 4, I don't see Marth being a bonus, but just speculation~