Sky Blue: Journey of the Azure Girl Build 1.0.7 Part 1: The Incident

Nanami Touko

"Haah..." Charles was so tired already, defending against these monsters wasn't easy. What happened to the skeleton he tried to stop? Oh, oh no, he didn't make enough damage, the skeleton had gone and stabbed that cleric --it looked so nasty! Charles' leg shook in fear. "No, no more, today..."

The skeleton was absolutely pulverized and three adventures had come for the cleric, which was good news. He'd have to apologize for her later.

...Did he? He felt so concerned for people today. Paul...

That definitely still hurt to think about. Spotting a group of goblins going for the adventures, Charles chanted a ray of frost, sending it towards the faster goblin in hopes of stopping him on his tracks.

It went wide, and instead seemed to have caught the attention of both. These goblins were now very mad at him. "E-eek!"

The first blow he could catch with the quarterstaff, stopping the first goblin on his tracks...

The second, not so much.

Getting stabbed in the gut was a pretty awful feeling, especially when they twisted it in.

Letting out a scream of pain, Charles fell to the ground, vision going blurry. Ugh, augh... it hurts...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verner found his group, though they were struggling a bit. He didn't see that as an altogether bad thing, though. So long as no one was killed, and he made a timely intervension, it would be a good first impression. As for how much merit this group actually had? Well ... that didn't really matter. Verner was dubious about whether these clusters of trapped players would form permanent parties or not. If they did, great. If not, many wouldn't be worse for wear.

Verner literally leaped into action, slamming down his wings hard to get airborne. He managed to cover the short distance to the troublesome kobold in just two seconds. Having fresh doubts about stabbing in his mind, Verner landed hard on the kobold's shoulders from behind, looping his whip around its neck and then pulling with all of his strength with it. He thought he'd be garroting the creature for a good ten seconds before it went down, or until someone else saw fit to run the beast through, but instead he nearly lost his grip and almost landed on his head as its neck cracked under the pressure and they both went down.

"Gah!" Landing on his shoulder was better than landing on his head, but just the same ... "Augh ..." That was enough experimentation for one day.

Despite bleeding and barely managing to stay on her feet, this shield had proved hefty enough to stave off most attack attempts, now that she wasn't panicking. They were all actually killing stuff, too! Just a bit longer, maybe... They'd get through this, right? There were still several monsters coming after them, and...

"All lines, forward! Kill the monsters, save the adventurers! Charge!" A horn sounded, Steph's attention shooting towards the location. A swarm of heavily armored knights descended into the square, cutting down monsters and casting healing spells on the hurt players.

"W-We're saved? We're... Ahhh..." She collapsed, panting heavily, as a group of knights made their way towards the monsters that had been plaguing Steph and these new acquaintances of hers. They had been swiftly dispatched, one knight stepping towards her and casting a spell of cure wounds. "Er, th-thank you..." He didn't say anything, charging off towards another group.

"Worry not, brave adventurers and townsfolk! I, King Ernis, shall not let these fiends harm you any further!" A man clad in gold trimmed armor charged in as well, swiftly chopping monsters to bits, without so much as breaking a sweat.

"Wh-Whoa... The King, then... Uh, ch-check the information... From Celehold? That's the castle city." They must have been automatically responding to monsters being too close to NPCs, or something. Monsters weren't supposed to spawn in towns, after all... Picking herself up once again, she looked around. Things were starting to wrap up, and... "H-Hey, that Elf's still... Hey, are you okay!?"

The goblins that had been plaguing her had been taken care of, though maybe the knights had thought her dead. Steph rushed over, trying to concentrate. "Come on, stay with me... I can use this healing spell too. There..." Hopefully it had been enough. The bleeding had stopped, at least. "Er, hey! All of you! I-I know this is sudden, but, c, can we stick together? Erm... You too, bird guy." She hadn't thought much of his stunt, but he'd still killed one of the monsters that was attacking some of them. Maybe they could make a party? Maybe... Maybe they could get through this?

"I... hwha...?" Charles felt a rush coursing through his body, vision normalizing quickly... were, were his wounds closing? Thank goodness, but that meant --ah! "Y-you...!" His eyes went wide, realizing it was the same catgirl he was trying to save. "Auu... s-sorry, I'm so sorry, I couldn't stop that skeleton, and then I... ugh." He closed his eyes, pushing himself up to his feet. Why was he apologizing? He felt so guilty, about everything.

"In the end you saved me instead. Th-Thank you." Uuugh, now he'd done it.

Well crap... they had almost looked really cool for a moment there... swooping in to save the damsel in distress, and then valiantly finishing off her next opponent! One miss... fine, it happens. We're all still new to this after al- two misses. Man, that Oni had just put up such a show too, but that was one slippery Kobold! Surely the old guy would... miss. Surely he would miss. Was this monster coated in butter or something? It was so damn slippery, almost like a hill giant's escaped butt pl-

Do not pursue that line of thought. Why would you even begin to think about that, did you get injected with feline stupidity, Allison? Get it together... luckily the bird-guy she had noticed in the tree earlier swooped down to finish off the kobold... what a cool finisher, he had come down from the heavens and-

Fallen off, landing on his shoulder. Well at least he hadn't shown them all up that badly... saved by the fluff up in the end. Before they could engage any more monsters, some NPC knights showed up... was that an oversight from this Edwin guy, or had he just been looking to cull those who couldn't even last that long from the start... no way to know at present, it would seem. As the other catgirl... Nyahrissa? Seriously? Well, there were no x's, 69s or 420s, so she didn't have the heart to call out an innocuous bad pun, she was attending to the elf that had been knocked out cold by one of the goblins... if they hadn't managed to clown up the Kobold kill quite so badly, maybe that wouldn't have happened... she didn't seem to worse for wear after getting healed though...

"Sticking together? I mean, I'm for it... I'd rather have someone who won't stab me standing next to me when I get ambushed by goblins than not... but this is like, super crazy, right?"

José watched the fighting unfolding around him. A particular kobold seemed to prove hard to kill. Perhaps the desperation of being close to death had given it an adrenalin boost. José briefly looked at his lance. Perhaps I should try as well. It was a risk; but he decided to gamble on it. Ultimately, it failed. Still weighed down by the armor, he too failed to finish the kobold. Eventually a new arrival did the job; and soon, a horde of knights arrived to take care of the monster problem. Well, at least there was a silver lining to this. Though, for some, perhaps it was too late.

Then the once-injured catgirl made her question. He pondered this briefly. I suppose it is something that has to happen at some point. So why not now?

"I wouldn't mind," he replied.

They were doing alright, actually. If they could keep of this pace they might be able to secure the area. And of course, as soon as she started to think that, attacks started going wide. First, the elf missed a shot at one of the goblins. She couldn't blame them, they were probably still rattled about their friend. The cat from before rushed in to finish what the cleric cat had started, only for the little devil to slip out of the way at the last second. Well, she'd just handle it then; if she could hit it, it probably wouldn't survive. The same might be true for the other skeleton too, but right now wasn't the time to go for glory kills. Of course, her swing went wide as well. "Tch. Slippery little shit." She growled at the kobold, watching as the knight missed his stab as well. Luckily the bird that had been diving in and out of combat was there to pick up the slack, guards arriving shortly after to secure everyone's safety.

She couldn't help feel cheated in a way. A big part of her wanted to continue fighting, continue destroying her targets regardless of what happened to the others. 'Whoa! Cool it with the bloodlust there. It's just a game.' But was it really just a game anymore, with everyone's lives on the line? She shook her head, grunting at herself. That was a topic for later. Right now the immediate question at hand was what she was going to do moving forward. The cleric had reached out to the lot of them, wanting to party up. 

"Might as well. Ain't no point in goin' it alone with the stakes as high as they are."

Verner hauled himself back onto his feet as the other nearby players weighed in on the catgirl cleric's suggestion of sticking together. Whether the mild irritation on his face was due to the fall or the bird guy comment was anyone's guess. As for sticking together, Verner didn't really mind; he fully expected an outcome like this. Moreover, if things weren't working out for whatever reason, he could just break off and find another group ... assuming the player mortality rate tapered off extremely quickly. If it didn't, he'd have fewer alternatives everyday ...

"Yeah, sure. Fine by me. And it's Jack, by the way."

"It's fine... Girl like you doesn't have to apologize for this. You were... The example for the crowd, so... You don't... Er, I'm, sorry..." Whoever she was, if this really was real, her friend had just died. "Come on. We'll help each other." Steph took her hand, leading her back over to the little group that had gathered-- "Gah!"

A popup box had nearly floored her, not expecting anything. It read 'Welcome Party Quest Cleared'. "This fucker..." He probably thought he was so clever. "Whatever... Let's see. Two hundred EXP and one hundred gold? That's really-- Whoa..." She felt a sudden surge of power, glancing about their new group. Was everyone feeling it too? Maybe. "I guess... We leveled up?" She checked her status, it definitely said level two. She'd have to figure out what to spend points on... For now...

"I'm gonna send you all friend invites, okay? And, sure, Jack... And before anyone asks... Call me Clarissa. I... I didn't think I'd be sticking with this game. I was gonna mess around and drop it, but now that that's not an option... I don't, want to get called that joke name. Okay? Please?" Hopefully they would listen. If not... Maybe some item could get her to change her username... "Uhm, sh-should we all pick up and go to an inn, or something? To... Try and figure some of this out. Felicity's right. This is... 'Super crazy'."

"A-ah, um, right..." The example for the crowd... it really hurt to think about it that way. Paul's life was simply tossed away as an example by this Game Master, Edwin. It was beyond cruel. Why did a guy that disregarded life so much have the right to do this to people? If he hadn't Paul would still be...

Ah, Charles was tearing up again, how pathetic...

"I-I'm Ch--Mystiarin." Charles wiped the tears off his face on his sleeve. Right, Charles was still in a game, he was supposed to be Mystia here, not his sorry self. Thankfully, his mess up sounded more like some hushed sobbing than anything else. Right... somehow, this game had turned in a really messy sidebranch of reality. Charles just wanted to play the Mystia character, but now he wasn't so sure anymore... still, he didn't want to be the weird perv in a girl avatar to them. Charles had to commit "I was planning to make a party with my friends and enjoy this game from early on, but..." No, no point thinking about it more.

"T-there were three of us. My other friend should be outside, probably finding somewhere to bury Paul in peace..." It took a moment to collect himself. Charles' mind immediately thought about how these strangers would react to that. "A-ah, Paul, is his real name. Was..."

"I-if it's okay, I want to talk to my other friend about it. I do want to be in a party, though, it's safer... this sounds good." Charles would have to excuse himself soon.

"Sounds like it's settled then~ Mmm... I dunno how safe it is for you to go and look for your friend alone, Misty... we don't know if there are more monsters floating around where the knights didn't get 'em... but I mean, it's gotta be super jarring to have... that... happen. So like... if you've gotta go it alone for personal reasons I get it, but... I dunno about the others but I'd be willing to tag along while you look for this guy." Felicity offered, it seemed the party proposition was moving along smoothly enough... Misty just needed to find her irl buddy, and then they could... try to make some sort of sense of this whole mess... whoo boy...

"If it helps at all trying to figure this out... I wrote down everything that Edwin guy said in my journal. I got this game to write an article on it so I was noting everything, but... well, getting out alive is more important right now."

If they were forming a party here and now, it was a bit too early to be splitting up. Considering Edwin could drop a small horde on them at a moment's notice, they should really stick together outside of safe areas. Whether this game had any safe areas besides the arena was kind of up for debate now ... "We really need to stick together until things settle down. Why not help her find her friend and then find someplace nice and quiet to rest and go over everything?" ... not that Verner himself needed a rest. The level up had him feeling more or less fully energized.

"Yeah. Verner's right, Mysty... You think you can lead us along to your friend, for now, then? Anyone opposed? I know we all just met, but... If any of us start to walk off now, and that nutcase running the place spots us from wherever he's watching, we might run into a surprise. And... Things here feel, incredibly real. I don't want to get hurt again, if I can help it. I'm willing to bet none of you want to get hurt at all." Hopefully no one would complain, it was certainly important for her to see her friend, and doubly important to not let anyone go off on their own. Those NPCs seemed to be about done with what was left. "Wanna lead the way, Mysty?"

As it turned out, the whole monster ambush ended up being a quest, with a reward big enough to advance a level. Before he could do something about it, he had received the friend request. He accepted it without word, then focused back on the level up. Allocating skill points, huh. It didn't took him long to decide where to spend them. This first battle had showed how a liability being weighted down by his armor had been. So there they went, to his Heavy Armor subskill. However, that hadn't been all. I can also learn a spell? This surprised him. I suppose it's due to my secondary class, he deduced. Out of the available options he settled on Divine Favor, something to aid his physical offense. It was much more reliant on chance compared to his defense, so an extra boost served as some nice safe net against the whims of chance.

That done, he focused back on what the others were saying. He caught that one of them had been friends with the boy Edwin had killed; and of wanting to find their other friend first.

"I can go as well, if you want," he offered. If one thing had gone right during the battle, was being able to protect others. It should be less dangerous with the monster horde gone or mostly gone; but better safe than sorry.

However, the idea they should all remain together was brought up. That was a better choice, ultimately.

"It would be for the best if we do that, yes," he agreed.

She seriously debated answering Clarissa's request to put Nyahrissa behind her with a pun of her own, but the mood... wasn't really right for that right now. She'd file it away for later if the chance presented itself. Anyway, she accepted the friend request, but not without an icon catching her attention on her own status page. 'Level up?' A lot of her abilities had good payoffs, but saw almost no benefit before they were maxed. The only thing that offered an immediate boost was her healing ability. Well, with the way the healer had nearly been floored as soon as combat started maybe it'd be a worthwhile investment.

As she figured her skill points the kid, Mysty, had expressed wanting to go find her remaining friend. There was some mention of the need to stick together, but wasn't that kind of obvious? "We're a party now, yeah? Don't see why we wouldn't wanna stick together when possible. No telling what the game, or that twisted guy in charge, has in store for us."

"Y-you'll come with me? Ah..." It seemed everybody was fine with helping him, how blessed... "Y-yes, going in a group should be safer. I-I will, lead the way."

Before embarrassing himself and tearing up again,  Charles led them out of the square through the same direction he saw his friend depart. "H-he wanted to, properly bury... I don't know if, there are proper graveryards for that here..." It's not like the game was designed with... such a horrible premise upfront, right? It had to be an inside job or something.

Ah, he could track his friend easily... the small chapel at the same street as the main inn. That made sense, assuming no interference from the 'Game Master', it was a relatively small safe haven with some healing NPCs. With any luck, Alf should be by the yard...

And indeed, Alfred was there, shovel in hand... Paul wasn't the only casualty, as evidenced by a small group behind Alfred. A couple or so unfortunate souls carried by acquaintances, probably. If word of mouth catched up, the chapel was going to serve its purpose of guiding unfortunate souls in a more serious context than it was likely intended.

"Alf!" Charles called out to his friend, picking up the pace. "So you're safe... thank goodness. Is this Paul's...?"

"Huh? Charles!" Alfred spoke up (to the chagrin of a tensed up Mystia), pleasantly surprised, risind to stand in the hole he was digging. It was fairly deep, almost a whole four feet already, but Alf stuck out almost waist-length in his half-orcish height. "You're safe, that's great news... Yeah, I'm almost done. Then I'll dig graves for their friends." He motioned to the small group behind him. "They followed after me for shelter, but some of their pals got lost, so they went back and..." Alf waved with his hand. "You know... and who are these?"

"A bunch of people who decided to fight back. We're grouping up for now. It's safer that way." Charles cut to the chase (hoping strongly that the mention of his name would go unnoticed), one step closer to his friend's grave. "You should join once you're done here, Alf."

"Going out there again, with permadeath on, huh..." Perhaps understandably, Charles' friend wasn't as resolute.

Edited by Xinnidy

Seems Misty wasn't the only person who lost some friends... Wait, Charles? The group had followed after the elf to make sure things were gonna be okay, running into this Alf. A half-orc, huh... Charles, though... Steph walked herself over with arms crossed, giving 'Misty' a small scowl before nodding at what was said. "I don't know about everyone here, but the last thing I want to do is wait around for this to get solved. Even if it's dangerous, someone has to do something, right? And we're a pretty well rounded group. Wouldn't mind one more... Anyone else mind one more? I don't really wanna, speak for all of us... You're fine with it, right Charles?"

"...... You're fine with it, right Charles?"

"Eeep!" If looks could kill, Clarissa's scowl would have stabbed Charles far deeper than that goblin's shortsword, and twisted thrice as much. At least, that's how Charles felt on the receiving end, giving a panicky, brief glance towards Alf, hoping the boy understood how bad a position that mess up had put him in. Alf didn't seem remorseful, giving a hearty chuckle as he noticed the catgirl's scowl. It almost hurt, Charles didn't like being in the spotlight when it was like this!! It sucked to be caught, people treated him even worse than at school when they found out... and from now on, this game was reality. It wasn't like he could make a new account... "Y-y-yes, I-I don't, mind! H-h-he is my friend, a-after all...!" He shrunk at the harsh, judging stare of Clarissa, closing his eyes.

"I suppose it's best to be proactive, huh..." Alf didn't seem to have much fighting will after current events --very understandable--, still, Clarissa's proposition made sense to him. "I suppose if I'm not risking my life, someone else will... and hey, we were aiming to be the first ones to beat the story, right, ...Mystia?" Alf couldn't hold back another chuckle. 'You traitor' was written all over Charles' face, that frustrated pout was very worth it.

"Y-y-yeah..." Charles forced a reply. Hmph...

With everyone in agreement, it didn't take long to find Misty's friend... that was someone who would stand out in a crowd, yeesh... he must have been approaching eight feet tall, with that much half-orc sticking out of a fairly deep hole behind the chapel. This 'Alf' fellow had... understandable reservations about striking out to the dungeon. With what had just happened, you couldn't really blame anyone hoping that someone else would win the game for them... sadly if everyone thought that way, no one would actually do the necessary beating. That aside, Alf namedropped a Charles, which was clearly Misty's irl name given the subsequent reaction... apparently this was of concern to Clarissa, who made a point of being sour about it... so much so that Alf called Misty by... Misty, the second time around.

"Oh, don't give Misty such a hard time. Playing the opposite gender in a roleplaying game isn't that uncommon... it's in the name, after all. Makes a pretty cute girl, if I do say so myself~" Felicity chimed in, tail a waggin' and ears a twitchin', circling around the hole that Alf had dug, shaking her head in approval.

"As for this Alf guy? I'm all game. If Amy over there is anything to go by, dudes as big as you can turn skellies to dust, no problem. That's always gonna be a plus in my book."

"Whatever... If you're fine with that Alf, you can bring Misty over to the guild, okay? We'll all be waiting there... I'm sure if anything else happens, having someone as strong as," Steph motioned her thumb back over at their new red friend, "will keep her safe. Him? Whatever. Anyway..." Steph didn't want any part in this can or worms, turning to let them get on with their business... It did have to suck, burying a friend, not knowing if he was alive or anything, but guys playing girl characters like that always rubbed her the wrong way... The situation was drastically different, but, still.

"Uh... I guess, this is the place?" The town map had led them to the Aviacross Adventurers Guild, the sign outside saying as much. With a nervous hand, Steph pushed open the door... There were a few groups of tired looking people. Some blue information markers above their heads, some green ones. Some of the people here were NPCs then? That must've been the difference... Other than the players, the place did come across as moderately comfortable. The lighting was warm and just bright enough, there was a nice fire burning at the far wall of the place, surrounded by what seemed to be a lounge area. There was even a door for a kitchen, did they have to eat food here? Taking a seat at one of the empty tables, Steph sighed and slumped onto her arms.

"So... Uhm... What do you guys wanna do first? Exchange information? Talk about what to do? Er... I wouldn't mind setting up someone as party leader. I'm not... I don't really want to, do this whole leading around this the whole time. I'm not cut out for this." She wasn't cut out for a lot, in a real life situation. All of her knowledge amounted to highschool classes and a lot of video games. The latter might help later, but it wouldn't help in a leader position.

"If, people don't wanna share IRL stuff, that's fine. I'm... Stephanie. That should be enough. Just, gonna ask people to call me Clarissa. The username was... A joke, that I didn't really... Mean to stick with..."

The trip to the guild building wasn't a long one, and inside things seemed tame compared to Ground Zero. Jack approached the empty table Clarissa had chosen but opted not to sit down. He did quite enough of that in the real world and did not want any more reminders. Now that they had a spot picked out for discussion, it was time to pick a topic. Clarissa offered a few, though Jack only liked two of them. Figuring out what they should do next was a high priority. Likewise, having a party leader would keep them from scattering like roaches when things got tough or big decisions needed to be made.

For some reason, Clarissa disqualified herself right out of the gate, preferring someone else take that responsibility. That was kind of funny since she was the one making all of these suggestions. Perhaps she preferred more of a secondary role, or just being able to weigh in without much risk. Jack knew plenty of people like that back in the US. As for who the leader should be, if anyone, he wasn't sure. Jack had only met these people, and if he was being perfectly honest--in the privacy of his own mind he nearly always was, he didn't plan on sticking around too long if they picked someone he couldn't respect and follow. Loyalty and discipline were important, but poor leadership undermined all of that. And again, Jack didn't know any of these people so he couldn't guess who might make a good leader. He could only quietly assess who the poorer choices might be.

Since he was sure the others were looking inward to see if any of them would be the right choice, Jack took a moment to do the same. He was around during the beta, so it was one small point in his favor. He spent a good chunk of his time planning out his schedule. Another point in his favor. Jack didn't put too much weight on his three quick kills during the ambush in the square since he'd been a lone wolf during that fight, and wasn't even thinking passed taking down the enemies. If anything, his tendency to plan and act solo were points against him, but the one major reason Jack hadn't offered to be the party leader was that he came into the game hoping to get good first, then worry about parties and guilds. Things were moving way too fast for his liking, and this was no longer just a fun little video game ...

"It's a bit early for me ... with real names." Rip, Charles ... "I'll tell you at level ... 5," he smirked at her, "Anyway ... that party leader thing is really important. It's kind of awkward with our lives on the line, but I'll throw my hat in to start. I got in on the beta, though they could have changed a few things. I've got a virtual bookkeeping gig so planning our moves and keeping track of everything would be a piece of cake for me. Also, don't wanna get rusty while we're trapped in here." It was hard not to bring up his tactical success so far, but Jack managed. If kills really mattered here, someone besides him could chime in about it.

"A-alright. We'll be over at the guild soon enough..." Charles hoped, anyways. Lingering in here would only dampen their moods. Charles would help Alf to speed things up... but his character was definitely not made for it. Some basic tasks definitely winded him down in this form.

And they were finished burying the corpses... Charles had though of buying some flowers to place on Paul's grave. A visit to the marketplace later, he's brought what could qualify as a small bouquet. Orchids. A bit expensive, but their purple color felt pretty enough to relay Charles' hopes to his friend in his passing.

Rest easy, Paul...  Saying a silent prayer for his friend, Charles placed the bouquet on his grave, in front of the simplistic cross made of sticks. It'd be nice to get him an actual tombstone, but that wasn't something the two could make easily. Yet. Right now, a marker on his cross --a strip of leather from his jacket-- would do.

Alf finished his regards to his departed friend as well, exhaling a deep breath after all was said and done. "Alright, they should be waiting for us. Come on, Charles... we've done all we could to pay respects." He poked his friend... and didn't get much of a response. Did... did Charles fall asleep in the middle of paying respects? He must've been very tired from the fight...

"Come on, sleepyhead. We've got a group to meet." Thankfully, it was easy to hoist Charles. The minute wizard wasn't especially heavy, quite the opposite. Hoisting his friend over his shoulder, Alf made way to the guild.

"You got into the beta!? Guh... I guess there were, no signs of this during it, were there?" Steph grumbled, it was so surprising that no one saw this coming, not even the beta players. Level five, huh... "Then I'll share more at level five as well. As for leader status, I don't have any complaints with that. You managed to kill a bunch of those monsters too, even if you were, uh..." A small snicker made its way out, trying not to call out his flop too badly, but... "Could've... Stuck the landing a bit better. Heheh." The knight guy seemed pretty reliable, too... The oni... Well, no one would probably bother them. That sort of strength was definitely good for flaunting and safeguarding the less tough people in a group. She could bash a skeleton to pieces with little to no effort, how far did that strength go? Wonder if she could tear apart a zombie with that maul, too...

"Well... What about you, uh... Ocelot... Just gonna go with that. You seem like you got used to this pretty fast. Think you're up for leading?"

José decided to take a seat as well. Talk quickly turned into designating a leader; and soon he was being asked on the subject.

Truthfully, back in his working days he did ascended to positions where he had people answering to him. Even if it was still just a middle point (often on the lower end) of the hierarchy, that was still something.

"Well, I do have experience on that matter," he began. "However, I'm not sure if I can apply that to here. That said, one doesn't live as long as I've had without picking up a few things on the way, so if someone else is chosen, I can give advice if needed."

He then chuckled. 

"By the way, I don't mind that shortening of my virtual name; but as an aisde, I don't mind either being called by my real one. So if any of you think Ocelotlalli is a mouthful, just call me José."

Parting ways with Misty and Alf for the time being... the duo had bodies to bury, Alf having volunteered to help some of the others he had met, that left the rest of their fledgling adventuring party to gather at the Guild hall. Clarissa quickly selected a table and brought up a fairly obvious course of action... determining a leader. 

"Mmm, I'm less of a leader type, more of a follower type. Jack and Jose both seem pretty competent, so I wouldn't be too opposed to either of them taking care of that stuff...I'm more of the curious chase after a butterfly to see what it's got goin' on dealio, you know? Curiousity killed the cat... wait shit, I'm the cat now..." Felicity trailed off, finger resting against her chin in contemplation as her tail fluttered about absentmindedly.

"But I mean, that makes sense, right? If people could sniff this shit out in the beta, they definitely wouldn't come back, and would probably tell people. Bet he waited to do his announcement so people could get home from the pre-order lines."