E3 2019 - Hopes/Expectations

Anacybele

49 minutes ago, Wanderer-Of-Fates said:

Ah I see, I can totally understand that viewpoint! I like the game myself but the limited time does sort of stress me sometimes. More dungeons and less time pressure sound good to me! I think the thing that I liked the most in MM is the meaningful side quests and the dark story- so those would be cool in the next game!

Yeah, I'm a player that likes to do things at her own pace. I don't try speedruns or anything like that, I have more fun when I can just figure out stuff on my own time and can take the time to explore/find everything. I'm also a player that likes collecting all the collectables when I can.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I didn't mean I wanted it to be like MM. Tbh, I don't. I hated MM's three day system and I wasn't big on Termina or the small number of dungeons in it. Gimme more dungeons than a measly four and don't pressure me with stuff like the three day system.

I've never been a fan of MM either and not just because it gave me nightmares when I was four. Sometimes, I think, "The transformations are cool. Maybe you should try the game again." Then I remember the three-day system and the general eeriness and I think, "Nah."

I agree on number of dungeons. Five (if you include Hyrule Castle) seemed rather small. Their individual gimmicks were great, but the dungeons themselves were a bit small on the inside compared to most Zelda Dungeons. Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly was probably a bigger dungeon than the divine beasts. 

For this Zelda game, I would like to see more than five dungeons if possible, and I would especially like if some of them were really creative, like, well, Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly, or the Mansion in Twilight Princess. 

On 6/7/2019 at 5:03 PM, Glennstavos said:

• Animal Crossing gets delayed to 2020, but we get the news from Tom Nook back at his desk. "You know, these things happen"

Nintendo decided instead of trolling us they'd explain their delay with appeals to our desire for game developers to avoid crunch. What assholes. Half a point for guessing this delay.

• Fallout 76 does not go Free to Play. When announcing new content updates, Todd Howard makes an ill conceived joke about "internet comments and metacritic scores" as if we take his side.

Fallout 76 indeed didn't go Free to Play in light of its introduction of microtransactions. Todd Howard's joke was "this was an incredibly exciting year at Bethesda Game Studios. Given some of that excitement I'm surprised you're still here." Bah, guess Todd didn't want a repeat of that appalling interview days earlier. Or an intern got to his speech script and gave him some safe, self-deprecating humor that says and promises nothing. Half a point for this prediction.

• The next Xbox console is announced and is called Xbox 4K

I severely overestimated how far along this thing was in development. Project Scarlett is still the working title. No points.

• Watch Dogs Legion does not have an attractive, young protagonist.

This is tricky since this game actually has more than a few playable characters with no definitive "protagonist". As far as the internet is concerned Grandma Helen is the protagonist so...half a point?

• The new Battletoads game looks great, but is overshadowed by people being upset that the Banjo 3 rumors aren't real.

The new Battletoads game does look great, I don't know what the internet's problem is. It's not a WindWaker situation where the artstyle has changed, Battletoads has always been trying to look like a cartoon. I haven't heard any people express displeasure at the lack of Banjo 3, probably because Banjo in Smash was their long-game. Ugh...no points. Never bet on Rare.

• Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order's gameplay is highly reminiscent of God of War (2018), even going so far as having the same lightsaber throw to mirror Kratos' Axe throw and recall ability.

I don't think it's quite the same throw/recall. If we ever see this guy use the force or do any other fighting move with the lightsaber out of his hand then yeah, but simply throwing the lightsaber at enemies aint enough. As for it being reminiscent of God of War in general, absolutely. The climbing and other animations to mask load times are the same. The droid clings to his shoulders the way Atreus does and does actions without player input is the same. Enemies flash red for unblockable attacks. Half a point for this prediction.

Just rounding up the predictions. Though I dunno why I bother with just two points awarded. I can't buy my jetpack with this...