Next Famitsu preview (personal skills and crests)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This thing, I believe. I kinda don't want to make my eyes bleed reading that small text so I'll wait for the actual scans I guess.

Also, this picture cropped up:

D6f2AvOXkAEx3UU.png

Serra's back!

Ohhh, now I see. Good to get more info on the gameplay!

Mang's instant waifu confirmed.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This thing, I believe. I kinda don't want to make my eyes bleed reading that small text so I'll wait for the actual scans I guess.

D6f2AvOXkAEx3UU.png

Serra's back!

Can I just say she looks fucking beautiful!!! I am so weak for twintails god damnit!

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

D6f2AvOXkAEx3UU.png

she looks even more beautiful she's making it easy picking when I choose Golden Deer!!!!!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 minute ago, Roland said:

Mang's instant waifu confirmed.

But she's not blonde...

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Can I just say she looks fucking beautiful!!! I am so weak for twintails god damnit!

Who would've thought, huh?

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But she's not blonde...

Oh. You're right. I confused her for Lousie. Damn you "LALA" joke.

Ooh I’m so glad personal skills are back because it gave a lot of personality to the individual characters.

I also really like Hilda’s design but alas, it is not good enough to overpower Lorenz’s design to make me pick Golden Deer just yet.

17 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:
[snip]

[snip]

Serra's back!

They're from the Famitsu website. Also, it appears someone dropped a contact lens:

z_5cd55ea4d5d16.jpg

Personal skills returning is definitely something I can get behind, as long as they aren't stupid (looking at you, Sophie). Especially in a game that pushes "anyone can be anything", I'm all for anything that adds individuality.

And Hilda looks lovely, though I'm surprised her twintails fan out at the ends.

Edited by egobarrier

1 minute ago, egobarrier said:

Personal skills returning is definitely something I can get behind, as long as they aren't stupid (looking at you, Sophie). Especially in a game that pushes "anyone can be anything", I'm all for anything that adds individuality.

And Hilda looks lovely, though I'm surprised her twintails fan out at the ends.

Yes, the less skills like Sophie's, the better.

Hilda looks pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yes, the less skills like Sophie's, the better.

Was Sophie the one who's personal skill got rid of the enemies clothes? If so yes, I agree please don't do that anymore.

2 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Hilda looks pretty good. 

Was Sophie the one who's personal skill got rid of the enemies clothes? If so yes, I agree please don't do that anymore.

Yeah she had the clothes-ripping skill. All it even did outside of that was just reduce an enemies' defense by 3 if Sophie starts the battle. It's both useless and stupid.

I think this was overlooked but crests seem to have a gameplay element.

The preview shows that Byleth, the House Leaders, Felix, Lorenz and Hilda have crests. It seems nobles have them mainly but Hubert doesn't for some reason.

It's hard to tell, but the crests seem to be the ones from the Goddess's mural plus the evil looking one that's connected to Byleth.

Sweet, sweet news. Finally! 

Happy to see personal skills making a comeback, and now we might get some information about the Crests. That has me excited, though I hope it won't just be a gameplay thing. 

Both Dorothea and Hilda look great, too. Hopefully we'll get an introduction to Lysithea and the blue-haired girl soon. 

So the next three reveals will be Felix, Hilda and moustache teacher. Kinda wish we got a female character from Blue Lions so it was balanced (especially the blonde girl so she’s the only student we don’t know the name of, but based ok the fact she’s on the calendar she’s probably more important than she seems). Hilda looks super pretty. Also happy we have personal skills again, it just adds something to characters (I just hope some of them are more useful than some Fates ones...)

Edited by ΔZZ

Maybe the scene with Dorothea and Bernadetta shows that supports will be "replaced" by scenes we'll encounter by roaming the school between battles ? That would be cool.

3 minutes ago, Clathy said:

Maybe the scene with Dorothea and Bernadetta shows that supports will be "replaced" by scenes we'll encounter by roaming the school between battles ? That would be cool.

Maybe scenes which are unlocked by having units close to eachother on the battlefield in a similar vein to supports but the method of viewing it actually in the overworld rather than in a menu.

Ooh, nice! Hilda actually looks really pretty, but she's also giving me a lot of Serra vibes now that I see her. As much as I love Serra, I wouldn't want a Serra 2.0.

Personal skills coming back is also great, but there return seemed inevitable in hindsight. Considering 3H seems to emphasize unit customization, personal skills add an extra way to differentiate each unit outside of growths alone. 

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

I think this was overlooked but crests seem to have a gameplay element.

The preview shows that Byleth, the House Leaders, Felix, Lorenz and Hilda have crests. It seems nobles have them mainly but Hubert doesn't for some reason.

It's hard to tell, but the crests seem to be the ones from the Goddess's mural plus the evil looking one that's connected to Byleth.

Not really surprised that Hubert doesn't have one. There's not enough crests to match to each potential house name on the map, and Hubert's surname doesn't seem to appear on the map either. All of that seems to imply that Hubert's probably from a lesser noble family without much power/political clout.

Also, if Lorenz's surname is on the map and his family has a crest (like the House Leaders), that means Hilda and Felix likely will have surnames on the map as well. Hopefully they actually show which of the crests belong to them instead of just stating that they have them.

53 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Not really surprised that Hubert doesn't have one. There's not enough crests to match to each potential house name on the map, and Hubert's surname doesn't seem to appear on the map either. All of that seems to imply that Hubert's probably from a lesser noble family without much power/political clout.

Also, if Lorenz's surname is on the map and his family has a crest (like the House Leaders), that means Hilda and Felix likely will have surnames on the map as well. Hopefully they actually show which of the crests belong to them instead of just stating that they have them.

Good catch. Lorenz's surname is Gloucester, which is on the map.

I think it shows the actual crest. Obviously the preview image is too small to make out the designs. But it seems like Byleth has the crest you'd expect.

Edited by VincentASM

Well if that doesn't give sign that our character has a secret lineage I don't know what will lol. Interesting seems like Hubert isn't from a really big noble family then. 

Well if the scene is part of a support segment then its finally getting focused that's all I want I hope they finally go ALL in on it and don't hide what people obviously want to know about it for next issue before release guess well find out tomorrow.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold