Next Famitsu preview (personal skills and crests)

While some things may end up true, I typically don't give leaks much thought. There are so many fake ones (I'm also part of the Pokemon fandom and we get soooo many false leaks by people who just want attention ugh). Until this stuff is confimed or denied, I'm not bothering much.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/14/2019 at 4:41 AM, HappyHawlucha. said:

Maybe scenes which are unlocked by having units close to eachother on the battlefield in a similar vein to supports but the method of viewing it actually in the overworld rather than in a menu.

Ooh, like a Heart-to-Heart!

I’m interested to see how S-Supports work in this game (assuming there are any). Public proposals?

10 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

We should just have a spoiler discussion thread, so people don't run any risk of being spoiled if they don't want to.

I mean, if you come into a thread called 'Next Famitsu Preview', it should be really obvious what you're getting into.

Also 'Liberation King' is a weird name to give an enemy in the records. It's like calling him 'Freedom Monarch' or 'Kind Ruler'.

Edited by Onestep

If this guy is credible it makes me uber excited because IMO the good stuff heavily outweighs the bad with this:

Spoiler

A timeskip that doesn't pave the way for child units but still has a distinct amount of time for the story to progress? Count me in! That means we don't stick with the school setting the entire game and we get to see people in a position of power. Also yes Claude with facial hair! Apparently Dimitri loses an eye? Lmao.

Spoiler

The canon classes for the Lords seem interesting, an armoured Axe Emperor style class for Edel, a typical infantry Lance/Sword class for Dimitri, AND A BOW WYVERN FOR CLAUDE WOOOOOO.

Spoiler

As we predicted Byleth is related to Nemesis. If Rhea's advisor is called Setes we have relative confirmation of the leak.

Spoiler

Marriage and skinship appears to be back with a more toned down edge, apparently you can marry Sothis and your students but it might be bit less scandalous if there is a timeskip.

9 minutes ago, Onestep said:

I mean, if you come into a thread called 'Next Famitsu Preview', it should be really obvious what you're getting into.

I kind of trust Nintendo not to spoil their whole game before release, while with leaks, not so much.

Dark mage and the fist-focused class are gender-locked? :( I hope we get some good female classes that aren't pegasus knights then. Otherwise, looks interesting.

Also, we should probably just create a new thread for the reddit leaks. They're not really connected to the famitsu article.

Cool stuff, Thanks @SatsumaFSoysoy and @Thane for translating!

Looking forward to all that customization, the school system seems cool, if a bit... Complicated just based on text. Not too complicated though, I'm sure I'll get used to it once I actually have my hands on the game. Personal skills being back is nice, and I do like what we're seeing of them this far. If the three lords only have the exp boost it's a bit too samey or impersonal for my liking, but not a big deal.

Gender locked classes is bit of a bummer but if the speculation of there being similar classes to the other gender is right, that's alright.

I wasn't really feeling Blue Lions before but Felix and Dedue are really making me question my loyalty to Golden Deer. EDIT: Oh and Ingrid holy wow how did I miss her Blue Lions here I come.

Also really digging the teacher designs. Hopefully they'll end up playable.

24 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Also 'Liberation King' is a weird name to give an enemy in the records. It's like calling him 'Freedom Monarch' or 'Kind Ruler'.

I mean, there's bit of a difference between official Famitsu Preview info and leaks, which is what I assume they meant. That said everyone discusing leaks has been really nice with spoiler tags.

Edited by Sylphid

I'm not going to say anything about the leaks themselves because I'm not sure I should say anything about them (even in spoiler tags) in this thread. 

I will say though that if they do end up being true this might will be one hell of an FE game and I'm going to have a blast playing it.

Oh, and for the record, as far as I know the person who posted the leaks on the subreddit is a fairy cool guy. I've seen a lot of posts from him and he doesn't strike me like the guy that would troll about something like this to get attention. Of course this is the internet so you never know.

Edited by Hekselka

45 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I see that that the girl pose is going to be in the game from Heroes.

z_5cd532369a375.jpg

There seem to be at least two poses for girls. I think we've seen guys either have both of their hands to the side, or one where they've got a palm on their hip, so that should be two, too.

I remember playing that material arena thing in My Castle in Fates and seeing Beruka pulling off the same girly victory pose as Severa. That was weird. Hoping there won't be too many copy and paste jobs but that's a very small detail, of course.

30 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Cool stuff, Thanks @SatsumaFSoysoy and @Thane for translating!

One day I might be able to contribute something while Satsuma is busy, but that day is not today. 

You're welcome!

So how big are these leaks? We talking important plot details or just stuff that hasn't been shown yet?

Edit: And how credible are the leaks?

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

So how big are these leaks? We talking important plot details or just stuff that hasn't been shown yet?

Not major plot details, the leaker doesn't talk much about the overall plot, some details for characters and some plot details which don't mean much without much of a grasp of the overall story, I don't feel like the whole game is ruined for me if that's what you mean.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Edit: And how credible are the leaks?

They're massive. Proceed at your own risk. There's a bit of everything, I'd say.

As for credibility, I'm trying to determine that myself. At first I thought them believable, but now I have pretty big doubts.

Please don't discuss leaks in these general topics. Otherwise i'm gonna have to boycot the three houses section and I don't want that.

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

I want to avoid spoilers, but can someone tell me if there are kids again in this game?

We currently have no indication that children units will be present, But they haven't been hard decomfirmed by an official source either

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I translated everything about the school mode.

Fodlan's Calendar

In the land of Fodlan, they have 12 seasons (months) in a year, much like our world. One season is one chapter in the story, and by going through the weekdays and weekends, you'll have to complete the challenge at the end of the season to progress.

Pretty clear they're really going for a Persona 5 feel what with the story being based around a school year. This probably means we'll have a lot of skirmishes during the month with the big battle at the end of the month