Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/bovt8v/three_houses_spoiler_thread/

A fairly credible Reddit user is currently doing a AMA claiming to have insider information on 3 Houses. As with any leaks take everything said with a grain of salt.

TL;DR main leaks:

Spoiler

Game progression is more based around various "parts" with their own sub chapters rather than the traditional linear chapter to chapter progression of other titles

A 5 year time skip apparently occurs between parts, no word on children though

The first part will be heavily centered around the Monastery and building your units with the second being more traditional Fire Emblem

Character's appearances will change during the timeskip (Claude will sport sideburns for example)

There will be 4 different "routes", the three standard routes for each House plus Edelgard's house will have a second "route" within it. No further details were given on this fourth route 

The 3 lords will be given their own unique classes

Map design is apparently "subpar" 

Game is somewhat of a spiritual successor to FE4 the same way FE8 was to FE2

Byleth will be able to romance students

Gay pairings will be a thing, with Edelgard, Sothis and Dorothea being romanceable by Female Byleth  

Rhea is a recruitable unit

The game's plot in general is supposedly a lot darker than what first meets the eye, with world building being comparable to that found in FE4

Characters are much more fleshed out than in Awakening or Fates, one example being Dedue whose backstory is that he was one of the bandits that attacked and killed Dimitri's family. Dimitri kept him as a bodyguard, which is why Dedue "owes him a great debt."

The swordswoman in the first trailer's name is Catherine

Rhea's advisor is named Setes. We'll also be getting characters named Cyril and Elio

There's a new variant of "skinship"  but it's done "much classier" and is more akin to a tea conversation

Claude gets a Wyvern in his main promotion

Dimitri's backstory: He is the sole survivor of his family's massacre and suffers greatly because of it. Much of his storyline revolves around this and his battle with his own mental health. His father is actually from the country east of Leicester, beyond the mountains (Almyra, I believe). You get at least two other characters from there. Lorentz dislikes Claude because he technically should be the next leader of Leicester and doesn't believe Claude deserves his position... or something like that. Claude's storyline revolves around his heritage, which kind of separates him from Edelgard's and Dimitri's stories.

You can't get all characters in a single run, but you can recruit at some point some characters from one of the houses you didn't choose.

The fanservice is more subdued this time around. Dorothea and Manuela are probably the closest you'll get from the characters revealed so far, but even they are quite different from the likes of Camilla or Tharja.

Edited by Crecentful

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we'll know when green hair guy and blonde sword lady's names are revealed this'll fall apart easily when that's wrong. I doubt some stuff like the same gender options yet Male Byleth just has only one and its not even one of the house leaders(not even Claude?!) which the female apparently has don't see that sounds like BS there plus the Sothis one too(this sounds like a wishlist from that person if anything) and maybe the tone being a bit too dark we'll see though definitely not that believable when looking a bit more at it especially how sudden this is.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Spoiler

squints really hard at the "Gay pairings will be a thing, with Edelgard, Sothis and Dorothea being romanceable by Female Byleth" because that implies that Sothis will be corporeal at some point and not just be a voice in your head. Assuming that she'll revert to her real-age-look when she gets her memories back, wouldn't she be an old lady????? Romance her when she looks like a child but then turns back to an old lady just seems REALLY sketchy.

1 minute ago, carefreejules said:
  Hide contents

squints really hard at the "Gay pairings will be a thing, with Edelgard, Sothis and Dorothea being romanceable by Female Byleth" because that implies that Sothis will be corporeal at some point and not just be a voice in your head. Assuming that she'll revert to her real-age-look when she gets her memories back, wouldn't she be an old lady????? Romance her when she looks like a child but then turns back to an old lady just seems REALLY sketchy.

Could be that we can only romance her after we recruit her, which might only be when she becomes her "true form"? 

If this is true, then that means that we might get a FE4 remake sometime soon since Awakening and Fates used Gaiden mechanics and we got a remake later on.

8 minutes ago, carefreejules said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lot of assumptions here. We don't know what Sothis's 'true' form is.

Edit: Since the OP started with one, I guess we might as well keep going with the tags.

Edited by Onestep

7 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Could be that we can only romance her after we recruit her, which might only be when she becomes her "true form"? 

Spoiler

I guess that makes sense but it's just going to sound REALLY weird and sketchy when the words "you can romance Sothis" are being thrown around and an outsider looking in is only going to see Sothis in her child-like appearance because spoilers with her 'true form'. Like this situation just screams the time during Fates release when someone thought Soleil's support with Male Corrin was supporting conversion therapy despite them having 0 context of the nature of supports. It just wouldn't look or sound good in terms of first impressions, you know?

I'm just using spoilers just in case!!!

Also a lot of my assumptions are rooted in my fear and anxieties of what happened with Fates in terms of first impressions so I'm aware that I am being hyperbolic, but it's just coming from fear.

Edited by carefreejules

2 minutes ago, carefreejules said:
  Hide contents

I guess that makes sense but it's just going to sound REALLY weird and sketchy when the words "you can romance Sothis" are being thrown around and an outsider looking in is only going to see Sothis in her child-like appearance because spoilers with her 'true form'. Like this situation just screams the time during Fates release when someone thought Soleil's support with Male Corrin was supporting conversion therapy despite them having 0 context of the nature of supports. It just wouldn't look or sound good in terms of first impressions, you know?

I'm just using spoilers just in case!!!

Also a lot of my assumptions are rooted in my fear and anxieties of what happened with Fates in terms of first impressions so I'm aware that I am being hyperbolic, but it's just coming from fear.

Anything can offend anyone nowadays. Fates biggest problem was it's writing in general, of which supports like Soleil's were just a symptom, not a cause. We already know Sothis is fairly mentally mature, and that's the most important thing. She's not Nowi or Nah.

Not that I'm not interest in a potential adult form for her, though I suspect it'll end up looking like Tiki wearing a lot of jewellery.

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah I do understand what you're saying but there will always be people that will jump to conclusions like that, I don't think there's any avoiding that. Especially since these very same people are already against the game because of the teacher-student relationship.

3 minutes ago, Hekselka said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I do understand what you're saying but there will always be people that will jump to conclusions like that, I don't think there's any avoiding that. Especially since these very same people are already against the game because of the teacher-student relationship.

I guess all I can do is hope that people this time around actually take time to do their research because being so reactionary can catch the wind of game articles and journalism and regardless of whether they debunk those reactions/accusations or not, it's not exactly positive publicity for the game (but then again, bad publicity could turn into curiosity). This is more of a personal issue, but it just really bums me out when people have the wrong idea about a game in general.

Spoiler

"In this game, you play as a teacher that can coerce your students into illicit relationships. Or if that's somehow too tame for your tastes, you can instead turn your attention to the child pictured below."

If people want to spin a narrative nothing will dissuade them, especially not something as immaterial as "the truth."

11 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

I guess all I can do is hope that people this time around actually take time to do their research because being so reactionary can catch the wind of game articles and journalism and regardless of whether they debunk those reactions/accusations or not, it's not exactly positive publicity for the game (but then again, bad publicity could turn into curiosity). This is more of a personal issue, but it just really bums me out when people have the wrong idea about a game in general.

People in this day and age love creating ridiculous problems out of nothing. There's no point worrying about it. The game will do fine. Probably better if Kotaku and the like throw a fit. There's no bad publicity when you have an actually good product.

Edited by Onestep

The controversies leading up to the release to Fates didn't hurt the Fates release despite both "anti-censor" and people who hated the soleil support trying to bash it.

As for the personal issue. Yeah, it is a shame but there's not much you can do about it because people like that would believe anything journalists tell them.

A lot of this sounds either too good to be true and/or too specific to realistically be known to some rando on the internet. "Characters are much more fleshed out." You'd need to have played the game pretty extensively to be able to say that.

But holy fuck will I be happy if I can be gay with Edelgard and Dorothea.

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Sounds very fake. The giveaway for me is "the map design is subpar." The leaker would have had to see/play all of the maps. And this isn't even the type of comment that is appropriate for a leak.

The leaker does say that he heard this opinion from multiple sources and that was his overall conclusion. The leaker is quite credible and I wouldn't discount these leaks off of that fact alone.

I doubt even their sources already has a copy of the game at this time so far it's now sounding too personal wishful wanting now. They'd have to go through every inch of the game to get these specific points again lots of these could be wrong while making some safe guesses.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

A lot of this sounds either too good to be true and/or too specific to realistically be known to some rando on the internet. "Characters are much more fleshed out." You'd need to have played the game pretty extensively to be able to say that.

But holy fuck will I be happy if I can be gay with Edelgard and Dorothea.

I really hope that this time there will be multiple gay options for people who want them.

Fates having only a single choice between Niles and Rhajat (who is a child unit) wasn't good at all. So I hope IS learned from that and gives some more options this time around.

The Famitsu article was released before the leak, that makes it feels spotty and how selective some of the responses are. With no pictures, other evidence seems like thread is pandering to the Reddit demographic with the marrying Sothis to throw people off. 

Just from going back over some of the information again probably the biggest red flag for me is the idea that the Monastery will slowly become less and less relevant as the game progresses.

Up until now all information we've received about the game is centred primarily on the Monastery, its where we interact with our units, where we equip skills and weapons, buy soldiers etc. So for all that to be completely gone or awkwardly implemented by some other means after the timeskip raises a few eyebrows for me.

Honestly it feels like the “I heard the map design was subpar” and “You can maybe romance Sothis and can romance the students” were just thrown in the balance out the mostly wish fulfillment bucket list, maybe it’s just my lingering frustration from Fates but it all just seems way too good to be true.

It seems too “this is what y’all have been asking for, fleshed our characters, moral ambiguity, an FE4-like timeskip, lords that aren’t generic all loving protagonists, we’ve got it all but UH OH the maps aren’t good and you can kiss the dragon loli. Looks like there’s some BAD news too!”.

Credible source or not, I’ll believe it when I see it. For now, I look at it as fan fiction.

Edited by TheDreamReturns

Most of this sounds like something I would absolutely love, which makes me sceptical of its authenticity haha.

Really craving more information on the game. The Famitsu stuff has stirred my hype for it.

Eh, I'll bite onto this leak, even if it is just wishful thinking. I don't know how credible the individual actually is save for they apparently got stuff right before, and I could use some hype for the new Fire Emblem title. I also didn't get burned by the whole "Vampire" leak bit that ended up being false, so maybe that's why I'm willing to tackle this one on.

So, if we believe these leaks to be true,  I look forward to the different routes. I have a feeling the three standard routes focus on their respective houses and how they "claim victory," but at the end everything falls apart for one reason or another. The fourth route (provided this isn't Edelgard's 2nd path) probably uses the "time rewind" thingy that combines knowledge of the previous three routes into a "true route." Of course, this is just speculation, but I would think there would be a "everyone bands together" route, even if the standard routes may have the better story.

I'm also interested in the timeskip and the more "darker storyline." It sucks that the map design isn't that good (I would love more Radiant Dawn/Conquest style maps), but if the story and characters are good, I can overlook them. I just hope the presentation is on par with Shadows of Valentia.

I'm not gonna believe it anymore, simply because I want it to be true so badly, and don't want to get disappointed when the game could be revealed to take place nearly all in the monastery with a bad story =(  

Edited by Dinar87