Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

9 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I’ll call it “Fates-plot-induced PTSD”, I guess.

That is why some people loved SoV in spite of some problems.

Honestly if it weren’t for Fates, Echoes would probably be the the fanbases’ punching bag instead.

But it was just THAT bad.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I assumed this is what he was trying to imply.  Though I also heard Awakening and Fates's map design wasn't very good, either.

I certainly hope not. You have to actively try to design maps that poorly. And that singular flaw would make 3H a bad game regardless of what it offers.

This leak better be real because I refuse to play as female Byleth, she's horribly designed. 

If I can be male Byleth and be gay, I'm sold 100%.

I don't know how to take this... Some of the things he's saying make sense but other things are just reaaaaally sketchy.

I don't know thanibomb personally, but I do know that he's a long time member of that subreddit and is not a shitposter so I doubt he would destroy his reputation by doing a fake AMA if he wasn't sure of his sources.

Good god this is why I hate leaks, so much hype but some awful things as well, like the fact that there's several Bi options and the "subpar" map design.

I'm taking the information with a huge pile of salt. It's mostly positive, though, if it is real. My only concern was the implication that female Byleth has a large number of same sex romantic pairings and male Byleth may only have Lindardt, which would be pretty bad if it is the case. But the poster themselves said that they weren't as certain about male Byleths pairings, so I guess I'll just wait and see... 

That aside, the idea of a timeskip and a lot of content and characters outside of the school setting would be a big relief, if it is true. 

I'm not putting too much stock into the supposed leaks, but given the very accurate GoT leaks I came across a while ago who knows. 

Edited by EJ107

What I want to know is, if what this person is telling is actually the truth, what counts as "subpar"? Is it subpar in the same way as Awakening, Revelations, or Echoes maps were subpar? Because if so, I'm already not liking this game. 

Just now, Roland said:

What I want to know is, if what this person is telling is actually the truth, what counts as "subpar"? Is it subpar in the same way as Awakening, Revelations, or Echoes maps were subpar? Because if so, I'm already not liking this game. 

Someone asked what was meant by subpar, and the poster said it was just how one of the sources personally described it. So I’m pretty sure the poster doesn’t even know what is meant by it. 

Dear lord I don't think I a "leak" has ever actually made me hyped before, at least not until now. I honestly believe I will be VERY disappointed if this isn't true and I find it surprisingly much harder to doubt taking this all with a grain of salt. The description given here is seemingly everything I would ever want in a new FE game. 

5 minutes ago, AsherCrane said:

Someone asked what was meant by subpar, and the poster said it was just how one of the sources personally described it. So I’m pretty sure the poster doesn’t even know what is meant by it. 

Well, shoot.  For now I'm just going to assume it's the Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia brand of subpar, then.

I've made and will continue to make an active effort to avoid spoilers, but I want to ask you chaps how believable you think these leaks are. I did see that the conensus is overall very positive, which is often an indication that a leak is fake; it might be too good to be true. 

Without spoiling the potential spoilers, please let me know your thoughts.

5 minutes ago, AsherCrane said:

That's odd. Well, I hope that's not the case, because if Three Houses gameplay is actually as "subpar" as claimed, that supposed story better be as good as said it was, because that's a huge bummer.

2 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

Dear lord I don't think I a "leak" has ever actually made me hyped before, at least not until now. I honestly believe I will be VERY disappointed if this isn't true and I find it surprisingly much harder to doubt taking this all with a grain of salt. The description given here is seemingly everything I would ever want in a new FE game. 

Leaks revealing everything you want are things to be pretty skeptical of. Both because a game that perfectly suited to your tastes is unlikely but also because it can end up hindering your enjoyment of the actual game if it turns out to be false. 

That's a very elegant solution to the "shiiiiiiit, if she 18, I'm 18" problem.

Yeah the time skip and multiple, non converging routes sound way too good to be true. Nothing about the game has implied to me, personally that it is this ambitious of a project. Except perhaps the endless delays, I'll give you that. However, as a leak this is very good at lowering expectations with believable flaws. A game with bad maps and grinding sounds very modern fire emblem. Plus the leakers "I'm being as truthful as I can lololol" demeanor feels like the same red flags as the castlevania emblem leak. It's bad enough he has no credentials.

I rate this leak a 4 out of 10. Or approximately double the leaker's arbitrary rating of Fates. Because if I want people to trust my leak, you can bet I'll go out of my way to bash Fates when hyping up this new game.

Edited by Glennstavos

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

I've made and will continue to make an active effort to avoid spoilers, but I want to ask you chaps how believable you think these leaks are. I did see that the conensus is overall very positive, which is often an indication that a leak is fake; it might be too good to be true. 

Without spoiling the potential spoilers, please let me know your thoughts.

I'm honestly on the fence and say it's fake it sound pretty fanficy, very extreme(stoywise) and has safe stuff that people want to hear or want to be as options so to me its a 3/10.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

I'm not gonna hype myself up with these leaks (even if they sound cool af) I'm just gonna wait and see tbh. If Rhea's adviser guy is called Setes well I think 3H will be good based on these leaks but we'll have to wait and see (possibly until next Saturday since I say that will be when he is revealed)

If some of this info coincides with upcoming character bios then only then will I give it a chance. There's the adviser guy as well as one tragic chick mentioned by name

12 minutes ago, Roland said:

How credible is this leaker anyway?

Honestly I would say credible. As far as I know, they are a rather respected member over at r/fireemblem so unlike a simple nobody or troll who spread the old castlevania fe leak ages ago, they have something to lose, that being the respect they have in the fe community (at least on reddit).

Obviously we should still take everything with a grain of salt regardless as the informant they are getting info off could be lying to them or they could have just randomly decided to say fuck it and make up a fake leak.

31 minutes ago, Thane said:

Without spoiling the potential spoilers, please let me know your thoughts

I`d say some parts are somewhat beliveble, but others are a little far fetched. That`s my thoughts at least.

33 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Well, shoot.  For now I'm just going to assume it's the Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia brand of subpar, then.

apparently, it should be better/more varied then Awakening and Gaiden (or so he said in the thread)

Why most of the commentators focus on the story/ characters and very few respond about the gameplay.

because r/fe is mostly ''Fates BAD because STORY BAD''

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

I really like Echoes' story :(

What about the Gameplay? Gameplay types like me prefer Conquest over Echoes, for example.