Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

I'm liking what I hear so far. Don't really understand what they mean by "subpar map design"  but if its like echoes, or Fates' birthright, I'd honestly be down (the spacious level design made *most* of the maps fun for me in these games).

Story looks interesting, and I'm very glad the devs didn't cram this game full of the alternative dimension / timeline bullshit that Fates and Awakening were plagued with. I'm a dude who wants the world of my games being consistent and the use of alternative dimensions / timelines completely shits on the world building in both these games. Seems like they are adopting the Shadows of Valentia approach to story telling, making this game's story be more like a play (similar to both FE15 and FE4) which is pretty awesome.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

Honestly I would say credible. As far as I know, they are a rather respected member over at r/fireemblem so unlike a simple nobody or troll who spread the old castlevania fe leak ages ago, they have something to lose, that being the respect they have in the fe community (at least on reddit).

Obviously we should still take everything with a grain of salt regardless as the informant they are getting info off could be lying to them or they could have just randomly decided to say fuck it and make up a fake leak.

So this could be someone who know's what they're talking about. Oh boy.

So I sent him a message asking him in a polite way if he has any physical proof for what he's saying like a picture of the game or something, that was 2 hours ago and he didn't reply, I asked around to other users that did the same and they didn't get a reply either, but the guy is still answering in the thread so he's avoiding this on purpose.

That does seem super fishy.

Edited by makuroh

2 minutes ago, makuroh said:

So I sent him a message asking him in a polite way if he has any physical proof for what he's saying like a picture of the game or something, that was 2 hours ago and he didn't reply, I asked around to other users that did the same and they didn't get a reply either, but the guy is still answering in the thread so he's avoiding this on purpose.

https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/bovt8v/three_houses_spoiler_thread/enmlpea/

apparently the mods got something

I really-really hope all of these leaks are true. Well, most of them, at least. Okay, okay, I hope the part about Dimitri is true, and that would be more than enough for me, seriously. Since the first ever reveal I thought "if I ever play Three Houses, I'm gonna go with Dimitri", but before this, he seemed a bit... empty. I mean, sure, not like Claude or Edelgard was any better in that sense, but let's face it, out of the three of them Dimitri seemed the least original. Serious guy with a lance. How ground-breaking. But with these leaks, he might just be the best of them. For me at least.

Now, I know I got my hopes up, which I don't usually do, and these are definitely not facts what we just came to know, but I choose to believe it, as I have no reason not to. We shall see.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

because r/fe is mostly ''Fates BAD because STORY BAD''

Isn't that the truth though? I mean, other than Conquest's gameplay, there is not a single redeeming thing in the whole stuff. Even in gameplay I prefer Echoes, but then again, I wasn't a fan of Awakening's or Fates' gameplay, like, at all. I just hope we won't get none of that pair-up ever again.

1 minute ago, makuroh said:

So the mods know something and they're playing along? Hmm interesting, very interesting...

*insert overused "Interesting maneuver" here*

Excuse me while I grab some popcorn.

2 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I mean, other than Conquest's gameplay, there is not a single redeeming thing in the whole stuff

Here's the thing, to gameplay types like me, Gameplay is much much much more important then everything else (combined).

I'd take good gameplay + shitty story over shitty gameplay + good story anyday

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

*insert overused "Interesting maneuver" here*

Excuse me while I grab some popcorn.

Speaking of that meme, Mangs did a video already about the spoilers lol

God, I want this to be true so badly...why must you tease me with all that Claude information?

But I'll take it with a grain of salt. No leaks for me, not after Smash Ultimate...

I’m general I don’t believe leaks fully even if it’s coming from someone credible because generally with leaks that get things right, they also usually have false information thrown in as well. So some of this stuff might be true, but at least some of it is probably fake. Regardless of the validity of this information I feel pretty confident that I’ll enjoy the game from what we’ve seen from Famitsu, so I’m not too invested in the legitimacy.

Quite recently I was made aware to try to coincide details in leaks with those in official releases thanks to GoT leaks. Can't believe the final few episodes got their script leaked.

Thani mentions the blonde girl being Ingrid in of their answers, but this is confirmed info already, albeit very very recent. I think today someone found out her name and it wasn't from a bio, just a screenshot or something with her speaking.

44 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What about the Gameplay? Gameplay types like me prefer Conquest over Echoes, for example.

I value story over gameplay in Fire Emblem. Fates was the game that taught me that, no matter how good the gameplay is, I cannot enjoy an RPG if I outright hate the story and characters. I hate Conquest's story so fucking much and Corrin literally makes me want to strangle him for how painfully stupid and naive he is

ThaniBomb said himself that "90% of what he's saying is true", and that he throws some false info on purpose, and other things he's not sure he remembers correctly. That's a bit weird. Also, he keeps saying that he got info when the game was still in early development. He's trying to cover his back if the info gets proved wrong ?

Anyway, I was really hyped by the leaks, and jumped the hype-train, but now, with a little bit of distance, everything looks shady. I decided not to believe in it anymore. If it's true I'll be happy, if it's fake info I'll not be disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Clathy said:

ThaniBomb said himself that "90% of what he's saying is true", and that he throws some false info on purpose, and other things he's not sure he remembers correctly. That's a bit weird.

So that if a famitsu article contradicts him he can be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Hmm. If Lysithea gets a bio that confirms her backstory or at least describes what Thani said then it might be true. They really stood out to them as a character that they mentioned details about her. I'll wait and see before I get my hopes up.

Edited by redlight

So I had a look around Reddit and saw that the poster has posted small hints of upcoming things days before we got them confirmed, like the link between Dorothea and Manuela both being singers. 

I know this isn't exactly ultimate proof of everything being true but damn, this sure got very interesting. I've yet to read the spoilers but judging by how positively people react to them, it might be a good thing if the leaker is right on the money. Of course, the more ideal it sounds the more far-fetched it seems.

28 minutes ago, Fuzzlekins said:

In general I don’t believe leaks fully even if it’s coming from someone credible because generally with leaks that get things right, they also usually have false information thrown in as well. So some of this stuff might be true, but at least some of it is probably fake.

I've noticed that as well. Some of the stuff I like, others not so much. Either way, I'm taking it with a pile of salt. There's a saying: "If it's too good to be true, it most likely is". Doesn't mean this leak is completely fake, but I'd rather have Nintendo confirm or deny first since they're making the game.

I'm going to be contradictory, but I don't really care. I hope these leaks are fake. I love the idea of a school based story so there being a timeskip and the school being gotten rid of are absolutely things I do not want to happen. Not only that but I don't like how dark the game is sounding. Fates and Echos were dark in their own ways but this is sounding too much.

The only things I like are the multiple routes, the ability to romance students/potential gay romance, characters being more fleshed out, skinship returning, and the ability to recruit units from other houses. Beyond that? I can't get behind a timeskip that gets rid of the school, Dimitri or Dedue's supposed backstories, Dimitri losing an eye, etc. While the Support based ideas (Romancing students, potential to be gay, and the return of skinship.) and character stuff (Characters being more fleshed out and being able to recruit from other houses.) are definitely worth it, the rest are things I'd rather not have in the game.

HNNNNNNNNNG. I want that Dimitri. I want that Dimitri SO BAD. I was going with Blue Lions to begin with, but if this is true, this just solidifies my choice 100%.

But yeah, I'm a bit on the skeptical side. I doubt /u/Thanibomb has malicious intent here, and based on their post history, it seems they were aware of most of the info they're talking about for quite some time. And part with 3H being a spiritual successor to FE4 makes sense too considering the info we've received from Famitsu this week, which also makes me more inclined to believe timeskips, a darker storyline, actual character deaths and tragedy, etc. The pieces for everything that they've said regarding plot are technically all there, it's really whether we believe IS is competent enough to write and execute something well with those pieces after the train wreck that was Fates.

But at the same time, I can't help but feel that some of this info feels too good to be true.If it's false, I'm leaning more on the side that they were fed false information that they believed was correct.

As a side note, I asked if Thanibomb could PM me the supposed proof they have. Apparently they'll respond in 5-6 hours when they get off of work, so we'll see what happens when the time arrives.

Edited by SageOfAnys

5 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

HNNNNNNNNNG. I want that Dimitri. I want that Dimitri SO BAD. I was going with Blue Lions to begin with, but if this is true, this just solidifies my choice 100%.

But yeah, I'm a bit on the skeptical side. I doubt /u/Thanibomb has malicious intent here, and based on their post history, it seems they were aware of most of the info they're talking about for quite some time. And part with 3H being a spiritual successor to FE4 makes sense too considering the info we've received from Famitsu this week, which also makes me more inclined to believe timeskips, a darker storyline, actual character deaths and tragedy, etc. The pieces for everything that they've said regarding plot are technically all there, it's really whether we believe IS is competent enough to write and execute something well with those pieces after the train wreck that was Fates.

But at the same time, I can't help but feel that some of this info feels too good to be true.If it's false, I'm leaning more on the side that they were fed false information that they believed was correct.

As a side note, I asked if Thanibomb could PM me the supposed proof they have. Apparently they'll respond in 5-6 hours when they get off of work, so we'll see what happens when the time arrives.

I want this to be true too. I love FE4 with all my heart which is partially why I love FE9 and FE10 as well! If this is true, then it is possible (about a 5% chance) that the next game after Three Houses could be a FE4 remake.

Now that I've thought about it...I'm 100% confident this is legit, as it just makes too much sense for Three houses based on what's been shown off so far. Think about it...

- nintendo hasn't actually said this game will be an experimental title in the series, despite leading us to believe this with the focus on the school in marketing.
- every fe game has had a huge war as part of its story...why wouldn't this one?
- MANY older mechanics like weapon durability, or even the blue circles around units ala Path of radiance, further hint towards the idea of this game being more traditional that meets the eye.
- the story seems way more dark and gritty (apart from the academy sections) with what they've shown off, especially in the first e3 trailer in 2018...
- the leaker brought up things people wouldn't like in addition to the "too good to be true" elements, like sothis being marryable and skinship returning
- the game seems more focused on providing strategic options rather than inherently customization-focused options, such as all the batallion replenishing management in the latest famitsu article

I'm VERY optimistic now for the game that the academy part is only the beginning, and the game splits paths after about 12 chapters, one chapter for each month. 

34 minutes ago, Clathy said:

ThaniBomb said himself that "90% of what he's saying is true", and that he throws some false info on purpose, and other things he's not sure he remembers correctly. That's a bit weird. Also, he keeps saying that he got info when the game was still in early development. He's trying to cover his back if the info gets proved wrong ?

That's the biggest red flag I've ever seen.

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I had real Genealogy vibes from these leaks, so if it's true, than it's one big plus as well.

33 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I value story over gameplay in Fire Emblem. Fates was the game that taught me that, no matter how good the gameplay is, I cannot enjoy an RPG if I outright hate the story and characters. I hate Conquest's story so fucking much and Corrin literally makes me want to strangle him for how painfully stupid and naive he is

Are you a me? Jokes aside, that's literally how I felt playing Fates.

7 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

I know, right? Blue Lions unite!