Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

5 minutes ago, Jandopo said:

That's the biggest red flag I've ever seen.

I disagree, as it'd be even more suspicious if everything he said was legit and correct...possibly leading to nintendo shutting down the thread and potentially enacting consequences on him and his sources for leaking the game. Also, he's human so it's inevitable he could mis-remember somethings if he wasn't the one who played the game in the first place.

Sure there's the conflicting posts from him in the past...but I think he might be telling the truth about "throwing people off" by saying things that aren't correct, to cover himself potentially. 

Personally, I'm back to thinking this is likely to be real.

Edited by Dinar87

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dinar87 said:

I disagree, as it'd be even more suspicious if everything he said was legit and correct...possibly leading to nintendo shutting down the thread and potentially enacting consequences on him and his sources for leaking the game. Also, he's human so it's inevitable he could mis-remember somethings if he wasn't the one who played the game in the first place. 

Pretty sure if Nintendo was skeptical that ANY information was being leaked they would just shut down the thread no questions asked.

The fact that Thani hasn't received any confrontation so far in this regard is another major warning flag

2 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

Sure there's the conflicting posts from him in the past...but I think he might be telling the truth about "throwing people off" by saying things that aren't correct, to cover himself potentially. 

I wish I had your confidence, my friend.

2 minutes ago, Crecentful said:

Pretty sure if Nintendo was skeptical that ANY information was being leaked they would just shut down the thread no questions asked.

The fact that Thani hasn't received any confrontation so far in this regard is another major warning flag

If his "leak" gets enough traffic from news sites and other things, it could be shut down. In a weird way, I hope it does get shut down, to confirm it if it turns out to be real.

Edited by Dinar87

1 minute ago, Dinar87 said:

If his "leak" gets enough traffic from news sites and other things, it could be shut down.

There already is plenty of youtubers reporting on the leak, anyone in a position to stop him are definitely aware of what he's doing at this point. You underestimate how fast news travels.

1 minute ago, Crecentful said:

There already is plenty of youtubers reporting on the leak, anyone in a position to stop him are definitely aware of what he's doing at this point. You underestimate how fast news travels.

Didn't am2r getting a dmca take a full day back when am2r got released? Idk but even if the leak isn't true, it still makes sense to me that nintendo would take this game in such a direction.

I hope this leak is false and this person is just messing with us. I really do not want to suffer through more 3DS tier levels of gameplay.

I can see the leak sort of being true is at the end of the first trailer. Where Edelgard says

I will return here someday my teacher, promise me that you won't forget me.

If she's implying that she's be away got a while.

4 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I love when a leak becomes credible enough where people start saying I hope it's fake rather than I hope it's real.

Ouch. Forgive me for feeling otherwise.

I feel so aggressively nonplussed by the leak, simply do to my inability to ever believe leaks. And even if the leaks are true, I'll most likely a.) forget about them, and b.) possible spoilers don't mean much to m, because I'm more of an execution kind of guy. I just hope no one lets the leaks ruin or overinflate their hype. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm glad that ThaniBomb is just as spoiler conscious as most of us as there isn't that much spoilery stuff here, just mosrly drips which only fully make sense when the rest of the picture is filled in.

I believe people that thanibomb is credible, but of course I'm taking leaks with a grain of salt. But more importantly, I'm seeing everything he's saying and it all sounds really good, so much that in my head I can only ask myself "Where's the IS fuckup". Basically, too good to be true for me for now. But if it is true, then great.

Keep in mind that while Thanibomb may be credible, their source might not be. My biggest fear is that Thani is being played.

Also, this is a text based leak. It's very rare for Nintendo to act on text based leaks, - they didn't do anything against the Gematsu leak for Smash 4, and that was text based - if they take it down, it confirms it's real, they're better off leaving it up.

I can definitely believe in a timeskip though, it was hinted at the end of the E3 trailer, when Edelgard says "I will return here someday, my teacher. Just promise me, that you won't forget me". If that doesn't scream timeskip, I don't know what does.

Someone on the fe subreddit has compiled pretty much everything Thanibomb has said so far, so here' s the link so people don't have to dive through 1000+ comments in the thread just to catch up: https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/bp3km3/thanibomb_three_houses_rumors_summarycompilation/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Like other people on this thread have said, remember to take everything from here with a MASSIVE grain of salt. There are many points along this "leak chain" where false information could have been given, and even if this information is 100% legit, it was taken from an early build of the game. Things can change and informants can be wrong/give false information.

I should probably stop procrastinating now and study for finals >.>

I hope that isn't the case but Thani's reputation in the subreddit could've been a green flag for "insiders" to relay fake information onto him with the hopes of getting the fanbase involved, which if they have, they did well. 

Could someone explain the whole conspiracy about the mods being in on it? I'm confused about that.

PS. I love how Thani saw my compilation on the previous page about things he's said before and said that people are digging deep, I've been noticed ladies and gents! 

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I hope that isn't the case but Thani's reputation in the subreddit could've been a green flag for "insiders" to relay fake information onto him with the hopes of getting the fanbase involved, which if they have, they did well. 

Could someone explain the whole conspiracy about the mods being in on it? I'm confused about that.

PS. I love how Thani saw my compilation on the previous page about things he's said before and said that people are digging deep, I've been noticed ladies and gents! 

About the mods, I'm pretty sure Thani contacted the mods first before posting the information and provided the source for where they are getting the leaks. Obviously by doing this, Thani doesn't seem as shady and also had the mods to back up their leaks. It's pretty much just something a decent person might do when posting leaks, or what someone might do so they don't come off as guilty/trolly as they would if they just popped up with the leaks.

8 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Someone on the fe subreddit has compiled pretty much everything Thanibomb has said so far, so here' s the link so people don't have to dive through 1000+ comments in the thread just to catch up: https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/bp3km3/thanibomb_three_houses_rumors_summarycompilation/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Like other people on this thread have said, remember to take everything from here with a MASSIVE grain of salt. There are many points along this "leak chain" where false information could have been given, and even if this information is 100% legit, it was taken from an early build of the game. Things can change and informants can be wrong/give false information.

I should probably stop procrastinating now and study for finals >.>

At the very least one good thing came from this leak

BestBoy.PNG.602145adde08591ee15d19862461e4da.PNG

Edited by Crecentful

I'm not buying it. Feels like the information is too scattershot to be legitimate to me without posting some proof. Some of it coincides with Famitsu today, but the thread started right as the info was coming out anyways. I guess we'll know for sure once we get more names for characters, though IS does love to shuffle names around during development.

You know, this eerily reminds me of the "Grinch Leak" of Smash Ultimate, where the creator went out of their way to make it look very convincing with info that a good portion people were hyped about, only to bite them in the ass purely for the lols.

6 minutes ago, Roland said:

You know, this eerily reminds me of the "Grinch Leak" of Smash Ultimate, where the creator went out of their way to make it look very convincing with info that a good portion people were hyped about, only to bite them in the ass purely for the lols.

Feels a lot like it.

"Let's just say the story and character development are much, much better than Fateswakening. Major Jugdral + Tellius vibes with a little modern flair. Edelgard reminds me so much of Micaiah, but much more... ruthless."

"Y'hear that guys?! It's like these games that you like, not THESE games that you DON'T like, plus the main character isn't bland/perfect!!"

It just feels so intentionally made to make people hyped, and we all know how that usually goes.

8 minutes ago, Roland said:

The creator isn't necessarily trying to make the leak look convincing, it just appears convincing by looking into the background of the user on Reddit. I can agree with a lot of people being hyped and probably getting our asses bitten however.

It's so hard for me to not believe leaks after that GoT leaker got season 8 plot for plot. Thani said something to me about Byleth's crest of creation right before the Famitsu article was posted which I found kind of strange and cryptic to say. Didn't make sense to me until after I read the article. 

41 minutes ago, Roland said:

Oh don't remind me of the Grinch leak. I still feel very burned from that X(