Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Not sure if it is true. If it is, it assuages a lot of my concerns about the tone, but poor maps again is a big letdown. Honestly, I'd love to see one more game with maps as tight as RD. I thought Conquest came really close at time (especially Chapter 10, one of the best chapters in the franchise), but overly-gimmicky maps such as Ninja Hell, Kistune Hell, Fuga's Wild Ride and Endgame hold it back for me. Not to say RD didn't have the odd subpar map (Swamps and Bridges spring to mind), but I love most of them.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, DeoGame said:

Not sure if it is true. If it is, it assuages a lot of my concerns about the tone, but poor maps again is a big letdown. Honestly, I'd love to see one more game with maps as tight as RD. I thought Conquest came really close at time (especially Chapter 10, one of the best chapters in the franchise), but overly-gimmicky maps such as Ninja Hell, Kistune Hell, Fuga's Wild Ride and Endgame hold it back for me. Not to say RD didn't have the odd subpar map (Swamps and Bridges spring to mind), but I love most of them.

Don't forget Iago and Hans' shitfest. Fuck that map so much. Oh sure, have Iago spam staves despite his class not being able to use them while dealing with a zerg rush of Berserkers and Generals. That's totally fair. Like, not even Kaga would do something like that in FE5

The information in this "leak" is all over the place and the "fake information" the leaker said they added to throw off Nintendo sounds like an excuse to try and keep credibility when contrary information is released.  

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

It's fishy at best yet people are just eating it up because it's what they want to hear.

This, and apparently this leaker is trusted because they're a "respectable" member of that subreddit.

Which honestly, means jack shit for me.  Even if they're genuinely a decent person, they aren't immune to being a troll or messing up.  Literally, to me, it sounds like little Jimmy's uncle who works at Nintendo and knows that Sonic was put in Super Smash Bros Melee.

At the end of the day, it's really gonna be down to whenever Rhea's advisor gets a name drop and if it's what was said by ThaniBomb then we can start analysing how it may or may not all be true.

17 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

This, and apparently this leaker is trusted because they're a "respectable" member of that subreddit.

Which honestly, means jack shit for me.  Even if they're genuinely a decent person, they aren't immune to being a troll or messing up.  Literally, to me, it sounds like little Jimmy's uncle who works at Nintendo and knows that Sonic was put in Super Smash Bros Melee.

They have such oddly specific info in some areas yet vague to non-existent info in others.

Claims that the Houses don't join later, a lack of any mention of the Church being evil (when IS themselves keep making it obvious), saying that the school only matters for the first act when it's getting a massive amount of mechanical focus... it's just wish fulfillment for the online community mixed in with some fanfiction.

It says something that gamefaqs is making fun of SF over this.

Edited by The DanMan

29 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

At the end of the day, it's really gonna be down to whenever Rhea's advisor gets a name drop and if it's what was said by ThaniBomb then we can start analysing how it may or may not all be true.

Yeah, we'll know in the coming weeks. Another possible tip off will be Lysithea's bio. If she really has such a grim backstory, as the leaker suggests, there's a good chance it could be alluded to. 

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I didn't want to mention that, but yeah, they're having a real laugh.  I can't believe I'm siding with that community on virtually anything.  It's like when a politician you disagree with at practically every turn says something you actually strongly agree with.

I think it really is best summed up as "too good to be true" and "all over the place".  Though in terms of the former, I don't really care much for how it sounds anyway.  One of the sticking points for me was some characters being gay/bi, but it sounded like those would be exclusively with Byleth which I find incredibly annoying for lots of reasons.  And this reticence a lot of people have about the school setting is not something I share because other media have proven it can be done quite well and execution matters so much more than the concept.

39 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Yeah I saw that and I'm actually on their side here people are really too convince on this it's funny to think they're the more critical thinkers here. Its ok to like it but still be cautious in case it doesn't turn out real.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

They have such oddly specific info in some areas yet vague to non-existent info in others.

Claims that the Houses don't join later, a lack of any mention of the Church being evil (when IS themselves keep making it obvious), saying that the school only matters for the first act when it's getting a massive amount of mechanical focus... it's just wish fulfillment for the online community mixed in with some fanfiction.

That and a lot of this info just seems so out of place for how the game is presenting it’s tone.

Ruthless Edelgard? Traumatized Dimitri with an arc focusing on his mental health? What? What franchise is this? Because it sure isn’t the same one that gifted us with “Justice is an illusion” and the secretly royalty, magic tatoo, chosen one whose game tries to say “the classes are equal guysss”.

Explicit info here, Vague info there, No info there, instant hype train.

I'll happily eat my words if it's all legit, I just don't have that kind of faith in """leaks""" OR IntSys

Edited by TheDreamReturns

Maybe Thani does have the real leaks but they're the complete opposite of what he has been saying, maybe the game is so bad that it makes Fates look like a masterpiece in comparison and he's feeding us all this info that we want to hear to set us up for when the real things come out we all cry in disappointment and he laughs at our misery...

But that's just a theory.

A game theory!

5 minutes ago, makuroh said:

Maybe Thani does have the real leaks but they're the complete opposite of what he has been saying, maybe the game is so bad that it makes Fates look like a masterpiece in comparison and he's feeding us all this info that we want to hear to set us up for when the real things come out we all cry in disappointment and he laughs at our misery...

But that's just a theory.

A game theory!

Even with how hilariously gullible some people are, that'd be a dick move.

'Respectable member of (a) subreddit'. What, nani, that exist ? :p

In any case I have only one thing to say: Tfw the leaks are better than everything Nintendo officially gave us. Trolololo lol.

It's too good to be true, but meanwhile, some things are aligned with what they gave us, so things are going to be taken with a grain of salt. Then, we will possibly be salty. :p
I do like what I'm seeing, but it's not official, so...

Still sounds better than fates and awakening stories and gameplay.

Also, the best things in the world: Sideburns !

Taking it with a grain of salt, but sharing my thoughts on it:

10 hours ago, Crecentful said:

Game progression is more based around various "parts" with their own sub chapters rather than the traditional linear chapter to chapter progression of other titles

Given that there is a date system with months and days, I could see this being the case. I've played other games where you have a choice to complete the side missions before continuing on with the main story, and I can see Fire Emblem adopting such a system. Whether it would use it well is a different question.

A 5 year time skip apparently occurs between parts, no word on children though

Depending on how long each part is, this is either reasonable or far-fetched. I can see years passing before the game is over, though.

The first part will be heavily centered around the Monastery and building your units with the second being more traditional Fire Emblem

Could either make for a neat twist or a nasty surprise, having to live with the decisions you made for the rest of the game regarding how you handled the students.

However, given the focus on the schooling aspect so far, I would expect being relocated to a different area when you leave the monastery before this.

Character's appearances will change during the timeskip (Claude will sport sideburns for example)

Something I wanted in a Fire Emblem game for a while but understood the resources it would require to do so and thus didn't criticize IS for not trying it recently.

It is a good way of showing that time has passed, and that the characters have matured.

There will be 4 different "routes", the three standard routes for each House plus Edelgard's house will have a second "route" within it. No further details were given on this fourth route 

I'm expecting that Edelgards route will be a "Join the Empire in its conquest!" or "Fight against your homeland!" kind of decision. I am also expecting there to be sympathetic reasons for either choice.

The 3 lords will be given their own unique classes

Unsurprising, given it's pretty much a set-in-stone tradition at this point.

Map design is apparently "subpar" 

This is an opinion, and thus I will treat it with a grain of salt (granted, I'm doing that with this whole thing, but you know what I mean).

Game is somewhat of a spiritual successor to FE4 the same way FE8 was to FE2

Also unsurprising if this were to be the case.

Byleth will be able to romance students

Crud. I just hope that it's the players decisions whether the relationships remain platonic or not, instead of an S-Supports deal.

Gay pairings will be a thing, with Edelgard, Sothis and Dorothea being romanceable by Female Byleth  

Not surprising, although this leaves bisexual pairings up in the air.

Rhea is a recruitable unit

I can see her either as a temporary unit, a late game one, or maybe she gets kicked out of the church and learns to be less harsh in dealing with those who lack faith (maybe she even converts more people with a gentler approach).

The game's plot in general is supposedly a lot darker than what first meets the eye, with world building being comparable to that found in FE4

I was/am kinda predicting this to be the case already, honestly.

Characters are much more fleshed out than in Awakening or Fates, one example being Dedue whose backstory is that he was one of the bandits that attacked and killed Dimitri's family. Dimitri kept him as a bodyguard, which is why Dedue "owes him a great debt."

I'm taking a guess that "characters are much more fleshed out than in Awakening or Fates" to mean "it is easier to tell what a characters personality is at first glance this time around".

I enjoy Awakenings cast (haven't played Fates), and much as I hate the "the characters are one dimensional anime tropes" complaint because they have more to them than what meets the eye, I also can't blame anyone for holding such an opinion due to how reliant said characters were on supports to show their depth. This was something I was hoping that Three Houses would address, and I would be glad if this were the case.

There's a new variant of "skinship"  but it's done "much classier" and is more akin to a tea conversation

A less controversial way to bring it back. Makes me wonder why IS didn't do that the first time around.

Claude gets a Wyvern in his main promotion

Bow-wielding flying class is an interesting continuation of Fates, even though this does make me worried due to a Lord gaining two weaknesses that may not fit every playstyle

Dimitri's backstory: He is the sole survivor of his family's massacre and suffers greatly because of it. Much of his storyline revolves around this and his battle with his own mental health. His father is actually from the country east of Leicester, beyond the mountains (Almyra, I believe). You get at least two other characters from there. Lorentz dislikes Claude because he technically should be the next leader of Leicester and doesn't believe Claude deserves his position... or something like that. Claude's storyline revolves around his heritage, which kind of separates him from Edelgard's and Dimitri's stories.

An interesting backstory, and dealing with mental health isn't something we've really seen in a Fire Emblem game before. I would not mind if this were part of the games actual plot in some fashion.

The fanservice is more subdued this time around. Dorothea and Manuela are probably the closest you'll get from the characters revealed so far, but even they are quite different from the likes of Camilla or Tharja.

Given what they did in Echoes, I would be surprised if they didn't turn down the fanservice when compared to Fates. Given that the game still has  "suggestive themes" in it's rating, though, I do expect that a few innuendos and skin showing outfits will be present.

Overall, I fall into the "neutral" category on this. Nothing here strikes me as FAKE, yet neither does anything sound far off from what I was expecting. I can see all of this being present in the actual game, yet I can also see these being made by reasonable and grounded predictions based on what was presented to us so far. I took this with a grain of salt when I went in, and I still do after reading it.

5 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

I disagree, as it'd be even more suspicious if everything he said was legit and correct...possibly leading to nintendo shutting down the thread and potentially enacting consequences on him and his sources for leaking the game. Also, he's human so it's inevitable he could mis-remember somethings if he wasn't the one who played the game in the first place.

Sure there's the conflicting posts from him in the past...but I think he might be telling the truth about "throwing people off" by saying things that aren't correct, to cover himself potentially. 

Personally, I'm back to thinking this is likely to be real.

Real leaks occasionally get stuff wrong, but that's when they actually believe what they are saying. "I'm intentionally throwing in some misinformation" is just a way to not have your leak killed the moment official info contradicts it.

Nintendo does not have the power to shut down a thread on Reddit. The most they could do is contact Reddit staff and request to have it removed, but even if this is true they likely won't do that because it's just rumors in text. Nintendo also wouldn't be able to take any action against ThaniBomb, though if they could track down his source they could take action against that person for presumably breaking a non-disclosure agreement.

And for the record, Nintendo also can't take down any YouTube videos that talk about this unless they use unauthorized footage, images, or sounds from the game.

Meh, that says nothing. If there's one thing I've learned about GameFAQs users it's that they'll take any excuse they can find to make fun of others. Besides, there are some believers, but most of the people posting in here are expressing skepticism.

Edited by Florete

A part of me wants the leaks to be right so we could actually have an amazing Fire Emblem title (and to jest about the nonbelievers, although skepticism is perfectly healthy and a good course of action). Either way, we'll have to wait until more "proper" information is revealed.

As an aside, since Famitsu is starting to showcase TH content, perhaps that may be a possible source. The magazine may have gotten a dump of information early, but are spreading it across their various issues. There's also the "game tester" theory where a tester may be leaking info about the game. Of course, the entire thing can be fake (or partially fake), so remember to keep oneself in check with all this info!

Going through the thread again, apparently there are just 3 routes (one for each lord) with Edelgard having a "split" path which counts as the "4th." So, they may not be a "happily united" route in Three Houses. That raises some suspicion from me, but I'm interested to see how far these leaks go.

Needless to say, I'm more of a story guy than gameplay, so my concerns revolve around story. Gameplay-wise I expect it to be a Fire Emblem game, so I'm not too curious about that. The "subpar" maps are concerning (especially since I loved Radiant Dawn and Conquest maps), but if the "presentation" is as good as Shadows of Valentia, then I'm sold.

25 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Not surprising, although this leaves bisexual pairings up in the air.

I'm pretty sure they're Bi in this case (only if female)(IF REAL) no way they're locking out 2 of the most popular characters right now to one that most won't really use that'd be very dumb unless you're actually talking about non-avatar pairs in general if so that likely isn't happening.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

On gamefaqs:

Kinda funny that of all places GFs has the most critical thinking. Serene Forest, Resetera and Reddit are already buying it all.

Not surprising SF is buying it, most of the userbase are from reddit.

A lot of them are also huge Tellius fans and rail against everything Awakening and Fates stand for as if those games killed their parents.

I respect that community the most, but even still it can be real f***in' dumb at times. I think it's less about them trusting the guy and more about them wanting it to be true.

Cosmic brain up in those threads.

8 minutes ago, Sire said:

Going through the thread again, apparently there are just 3 routes (one for each lord) with Edelgard having a "split" path which counts as the "4th." So, they may not be a "happily united" route in Three Houses. That raises some suspicion from me, but I'm interested to see how far these leaks go.

I was thinking about that too. It seems weird that Edelgard specifically gets 2/4 paths, which pushes her even harder to the player. It's also very uncommon for there to not be a "true end" thing in JRPGs with multiple routes (and honestly just most RPGs), so not including one would honestly be a bit of a power move. I'm willing to bet that if this leak is true at all, the second of Edelgard's two paths would be slightly imperfect but still as good as it gets (minimal canon deaths etc.)

People have pointed this out: the OP of that “leak” made several threads on GameFAQ’s, basically creating fanfics and selecting their “favorite characters”, some of whom CONVENIENTLY are big players in that “leak.”

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77670369

13 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Cosmic brain up in those threads.

I don't know if what you're saying is sarcastic or not, but I hope you weren't posting that with the expectation that I wouldn't reply.  Because one of those quotes came from me.

@Dragonage2ftw Oh hey, fancy seeing you here.

I'm kinda sceptical about this whole 4 paths thing, I have yet to see any RPG that has multiple distinct story paths other than Fates, which charged for every path. Everything else I have seen is a bunch of flags that slightly change the ending, or a early bad ending if you do something incredibly stupid, or paths that split temporarily (ala sacred stones). 

11 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I don't know if what you're saying is sarcastic or not, but I hope you weren't posting that with the expectation that I wouldn't reply.  Because one of those quotes came from me.

Sorry I meant no disrespect to you. I didn't notice that you were the poster of one of the quotes.

33 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

@Dragonage2ftw Oh hey, fancy seeing you here.

I’m sorry-when did we encounter each other, again?

I cannot recall.