Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Dunno if this has come up yet, but thanibomb did pm me 'proof' of their credibility when I asked them. Not sure if I should put it here because they seem to have a reason to pm it instead of putting it in the thread, but essentially they leaked out Rhea's name weeks before her bio was revealed.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I’m sorry-when did we encounter each other, again?

I cannot recall.

I posted in a couple of those GameFAQs threads about the leaks being fake.

Don't post too often there, but I monitor the board a lot.  You're a very distinct and active member of that site, so your name is easy to recognize.

7 hours ago, SageOfAnys said:

I asked if Thanibomb could PM me the supposed proof they have. Apparently they'll respond in 5-6 hours when they get off of work, so we'll see what happens when the time arrives.

Don't know if anyone still cares about this but might as well update this situation.

Thanibomb has stated that they will only share their proof with "people [he trusts] or well respected members of the community" due to people sharing personal aspects of the proof on places such as Discord.

Of course, he could be telling the truth, or he could be 100% lying and using this to cover the fact that no proof exists at all. A few people who have claimed to have seen proof seem to believe it's genuine, but since I have no way to tell, I'm just going to remain skeptical about this whole leak. It sounds great and some aspects seem plausible, but at the end of the day it really does feel too good to be true.

Edited by SageOfAnys

10 minutes ago, jloweis said:

Dunno if this has come up yet, but thanibomb did pm me 'proof' of their credibility when I asked them. Not sure if I should put it here because they seem to have a reason to pm it instead of putting it in the thread, but essentially they leaked out Rhea's name weeks before her bio was revealed.

He PM me this too and he said he doesn't want it to be shared, I respect his wishes but I still don't believe this since that screenshot can be fake too. There's also another thing in that "proof" that takes more credibility away from this.

Edited by makuroh

I think it's less about them trusting the guy and more about them wanting it to be true.

A fair assessment.

Much as I want to believe this leak is true, I've learned my lesson from the Vampire Emblem leak and will assume it is false until officially proven true.

Just now, Mad_Scientist said:

The Famitsu article was out before Thani posted the reddit thread right?

Yes. That’s another thing that people are pointing to when calling it fake.

Parts of the leak are things we JUST HEARD.

1 minute ago, Mad_Scientist said:

The Famitsu article was out before Thani posted the reddit thread right?

Yeah, the thread came out a few hours after I believe?

To me the biggest red flag is actually the "oh Dorethea was adopted by a noble family". It's not mentioned in her backstory at all, which specifically mentions her feeling awkward for being a commoner, and very much seems like an excuse to try and cover for accidentally contradicting official info that he missed. Could be wrong, but that makes me doubt everything by itself, not to mention there are other issues with the supposed leak.

5 minutes ago, Mad_Scientist said:

To me the biggest red flag is actually the "oh Dorethea was adopted by a noble family". It's not mentioned in her backstory at all, which specifically mentions her feeling awkward for being a commoner, and very much seems like an excuse to try and cover for accidentally contradicting official info that he missed. Could be wrong, but that makes me doubt everything by itself, not to mention there are other issues with the supposed leak.

eh, maybe? Chances are most of the official information isn't going to cover everything anyway, such as not stating that the teachers get personal skills whilst thanibomb mentioned that they are still playable. I doubt that Nintendo would want to reveal everything about the characters straight away, so I think the "oh Dorothea was adopted by a noble family" might be something that the officials want you to find in the game yourself.

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

I'm kinda sceptical about this whole 4 paths thing, I have yet to see any RPG that has multiple distinct story paths other than Fates, which charged for every path. Everything else I have seen is a bunch of flags that slightly change the ending, or a early bad ending if you do something incredibly stupid, or paths that split temporarily (ala sacred stones). 

You should tty the following games: 

Der Langrisser.

It has a whooping 4 routes who have their own missions and characters. The default path is Light which is typical chosen hero story. At some point you can instead join the Empire, then you can betray the empire and try to establish your own rule,  then you can either side with the demons or continue your power trip making it so the heroes of Light, the demons and the empire your enemies.

Langrisser 4.

It has 3 paths. The normal path branches early into independant or siding with a kingdom path (Here there are 2 exclusive characters for each path). If you side with the kingdom down the line you can join the Demons in the Chaos Path.

Tactics Ogre Lets us Cling Togueter.

Here you can choose between Chaos and Law path, down the line you can switch to neutral or keep in the path you choose and some changes based on your choices.

Devil Survivor 1&2

These are more straightforward but your party does change based on your actions and the path taken.

You really should try those.

Anyways i hope is fake, seems too edgy for me. Dont like it implies that all the effort you likely put into building your characters will go to waste for the sake of just pulling cheap deaths.

16 minutes ago, kratoscar2008 said:

You should tty the following games: 

Tactics Ogre Lets us Cling Together.

Image result for i see you're a man of culture

Couldn't help it. Tactics Ogre's a really great game

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

sadly haven't gotten to playing it yet, don't have a PSP/Vita and the emulators for those are trash on a lowly Mac user like myself

Imagine if Matsuno helped with a Fire Emblem title, that'd be a pretty neat timeline to live in.

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

Anyone who likes a good war story with great characters, political intrigue and player choice owe themselves to play it.

Its 25 years old but no game comes close to it. Also Dimitri reminds me of Denam which is why i like him.

3 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

sadly haven't gotten to playing it yet, don't have a PSP/Vita and the emulators for those are trash on a lowly Mac user like myself

I feel you. It's a really great game, the writing is superb.

3 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

Imagine if Matsuno helped with a Fire Emblem title, that'd be a pretty neat timeline to live in.

YES. VERY YES. ALL 100% OF MY YES. Saldy it won't happen because he's not freelance. 

1 minute ago, Roland said:

YES. VERY YES. ALL 100% OF MY YES. Saldy it won't happen because he's not freelance. 

Oh I know reality is dissapointing once again but it's just fun to think about.

Then we could finally get rid of this dumb "Fire Emblem fans hate Fire Emblem" meme.

4 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

Oh I know reality is dissapointing once again but it's just fun to think about.

Man, I'd shovel all kinds of cash for a Fire Emblem handled entirely by Matsuno. Dude is a beast when it comes to medieval war stories.

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

Man, I'd shovel all kinds of cash for a Fire Emblem handled entirely by Matsuno. Dude is a beast when it comes to medieval war stories.

I watched the first couple parts of Deltre's FFTactics playthrough and on top of already having me invested in the plot without having everyone shout out their personality to the top their lungs on infinite loop, they gave the "Death Corps" (I'm guessing that's an old translation thing?) a perfectly reasonable motivation for their actions.

Like, there's CARE and effort put in and it shows.

Edited by TheDreamReturns

31 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

I watched the first couple parts of Deltre's FFTactics playthrough and on top of already having me invested in the plot without having everyone shout out their personality to the top their lungs on infinite loop, they gave the "Death Corps" (I'm guessing that's an old translation thing?) a perfectly reasonable motivation for their actions.

Like, there's CARE and effort put in and it shows.

Yeah. I love how in Tactics Ogre, there was no definitive "right side". Everyone has their own reasons for what they did and lived, or died, with them. 

So,. uh, not a spoiler per-say, but someone lined up Byleth's crest and an in-game picture. Kinda creepy how well they match.

If true, this would mean that Byleth's crest was shown in plain sight, dead centre in the middle of all the others.

Spoiler

1557983613276.png

Edited by Onestep

3 minutes ago, Onestep said:

So,. uh, not a spoiler per-say, but someone lined up Byleth's crest and an in-game picture. Kinda creepy how well they match.

Hide contents

1557983613276.png

*Illuminati Theme Intensifies*

Very interesting. 

21 minutes ago, Roland said:

Yeah. I love how in Tactics Ogre, there was no definitive "right side". Everyone has their own reasons for what they did and lived, or died, with them. 

I haven't experienced the plot of T.O. in away way yet, but my guess is it's because he was writing a story more about "war" and not a hero's tale like in Fire Emblem.

Stories about heroes tend to ignore moral ambiguity because the whole point is driving the point that MC is in the right and fighting against evil and yadda yadda, when you're telling story that draws more from reality things become less idealistic and more intricate. It's part of the reason why I don't really expect that kind thing out of Fire Emblem, I'm just hoping for BITS of it to make things less predictable. From what I've read since I only have 3DS Emblem experience and barely anything beyond that ever since the beginning of the series it's been a traditional hero's story.

Which isn't a bad thing by any means, IntSys just needs to not screw the pooch in the execution department this time.......hopefully.

Anywho I'm gonna call it quits with the Matsuno shilling, kinda derails the thread.

Edited by TheDreamReturns

5 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

I haven't experienced the plot of T.O. in away way yet, but my guess is it's because he was writing a story more about "war" and not a hero's tale like in Fire Emblem.

Stories about heroes tend to ignore moral ambiguity because the whole point is driving the point that MC is in the right and fighting against evil and yadda yadda, when you're telling story that draws more from reality things become less idealistic and more intricate. It's part of the reason why I don't really expect that kind thing out of Fire Emblem, I'm just hoping for BITS of it to make things less predictable. From what I've read since I only have 3DS Emblem experience and barely anything beyond that ever since the beginning of the series it's been a traditional hero's story.

Which isn't a bad thing by any means, IntSys just needs to not screw the pooch in the execution department this time.......hopefully.

Anywho I'm gonna call it quits with the Matsuno shilling, kinda derails the thread.

Oh, my bad. I thought you played it. Whoops!

I agree, as much as I'd like it, I don't see FE pulling anything like this soon. And yeah, we should put the Matsuno praise on hold for now lol.

Edited by Roland