Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

The one thing about the proof is - I've seen it, and if somebody was trying to fake proof, I'm pretty sure they'd make said proof more highkey than this, it's very low-key with just a message and a timestamp which I guess could still be easily forged but Idk. They'd try to make the proof more believable if they could I think similar to the Smash Grinch leak, leaking the banner of every playable character.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I did some digging last night on gamefaqs after being tipped off by several users and have got some info (one piece of which @Dragonage2ftw already posted):

Thanibomb is also the gamefaqs user MissCarriage. 

This is in their sig on gamefaqs:

FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses
Team Thani FE:H ID: 1168253504

Said ID reveals that their FEH account is called Thanibomb.

In addition, some of their reactions and prior posts are... suspect.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77705292

A thread asking people who their favorite retainer is.
Post 13: "Claude's retainer is not LORENTZ! It's HILDA!"
Post 16: "I won't ever give in. EVER. I'm saving this thread just to show proof that I'm right."
Post 19: "I just know. In my heart of hearts I know."

This was 6 days ago.

In addition, they have a very clear Claude boner/Golden Deer bias: 
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77518284
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77543475

With the "leaks" being quite partial to the Golden Deer.

As for the real thanibombshell, it's already been posted but I'll link it again so as to have everything in one place:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77670369

"Lycithea is the best character already"
Made a few weeks ago.

Now what have they been saying on reddit? ...Oh right. How much they love Lycithea, how she's a tragic character who's a key part of Edelgard's motivation (because a random character from a different house makes sense), and that she dies mid-plot.

How convenient.

In addition, when asked if they were the same person on gamefaqs they lied:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77716670/921964988
...Even though they still have their FEH account linked and bared to the world.

This "leak" is mostly BS at absolute best, pure fanfiction at the absolute worst.
I sent my findings to the subreddit mods-- not to suggest an immediate course of action, but simply to inform them of how things are looking.

EDIT: Seems like it's a "mostly BS" deal but they may have something: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77674602

In post 5, you can see in the quote that they had Rhea's name already (over a week in advance) but edited it out of post 4.

So here's what I'm calling: little details right, big details wrong.

Edited by The DanMan

I guess the guy did say that he'd been dropping hints regarding his knowledge over the last few weeks - so favouring Claude and Lycithea specifically could just be him knowing stuff and expressing his excitement for what he knows through this.

This could totally also be him getting excited about characters which got the cogs in his head turning so he decided to elaborate on his ideas, making a fake leak.

I'm certain that there's definitely some truth in this, I don't think any of the unrevealed names are wrong, if I had to think logically, but he's definitely trying to pass of some stuff as a red herring so there's definitely some fake stuff here, if I had to specifically think, I'd say the Claude Wyvern thing and maybe Lycithea's thing, just because he seemed to be excited about that already.  

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

14 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'm certain that there's definitely some truth in this, I don't think any of the unrevealed names are wrong, if I had to think logically, but he's definitely trying to pass of some stuff as a red herring so there's definitely some fake stuff here, if I had to specifically think, I'd say the Claude Wyvern thing and maybe Lycithea's thing, just because he seemed to be excited about that already.  

To be fair about the Claude Wyvern promotion, it does seem likely that Claude has a strength in flying, considering that Edelgard and Dimitri seem to have a strength in Heavy Armor and Riding, respectively.

48 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

So I did some digging last night on gamefaqs after being tipped off by several users and have got some info (one piece of which @Dragonage2ftw already posted):

Thanibomb is also the gamefaqs user MissCarriage. 

This is in their sig on gamefaqs:

FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses
Team Thani FE:H ID: 1168253504

Said ID reveals that their FEH account is called Thanibomb.

In addition, some of their reactions and prior posts are... suspect.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77705292

A thread asking people who their favorite retainer is.
Post 13: "Claude's retainer is not LORENTZ! It's HILDA!"
Post 16: "I won't ever give in. EVER. I'm saving this thread just to show proof that I'm right."
Post 19: "I just know. In my heart of hearts I know."

This was 6 days ago.

In addition, they have a very clear Claude boner/Golden Deer bias: 
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77518284
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77543475

With the "leaks" being quite partial to the Golden Deer.

As for the real thanibombshell, it's already been posted but I'll link it again so as to have everything in one place:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77670369

"Lycithea is the best character already"
Made a few weeks ago.

Now what have they been saying on reddit? ...Oh right. How much they love Lycithea, how she's a tragic character who's a key part of Edelgard's motivation (because a random character from a different house makes sense), and that she dies mid-plot.

How convenient.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77716670/921964988

This "leak" is mostly BS at absolute best, pure fanfiction at the absolute worst.
I sent my findings to the subreddit mods-- not to suggest an immediate course of action, but simply to inform them of how things are looking.

EDIT: Seems like it's a "mostly BS" deal but they may have something: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77674602

In post 5, you can see in the quote that they had Rhea's name already (over a week in advance) but edited it out of post 4.

So here's what I'm calling: little details right, big details wrong.

I’m not familiar with Gamefaqs so maybe I’m missing something but: A88DD923-EBB8-4BDF-BDD5-5FC5A9409237.jpeg.cd2a3141758b3b2f92b004a488dfdd11.jpeg

Looks like the FEH bit is suddenly missing.

Edited by TheDreamReturns

I really hate this becasue I know when those "leaks" turn out to be false, people would be disappointed over it, and I really don't think this game needs any more negative energy thrown at it, it already has enough. 

7 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I really hate this becasue I know when those "leaks" turn out to be false, people would be disappointed over it, and I really don't think this game needs any more negative energy thrown at it, it already has enough. 

Some people just can’t resist the urge to stoke the flames. I’m really hoping people don’t think this game is “Fates 2.0” when it comes out because of this.

13 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

I’m not familiar with Gamefaqs so maybe I’m missing something but: A88DD923-EBB8-4BDF-BDD5-5FC5A9409237.jpeg.cd2a3141758b3b2f92b004a488dfdd11.jpeg

Looks like the last bit is suddenly missing.

Still shows for me:
Leaks-are-happening-I-repeat-the-game-is-getting-leaked-and-it.png

At the end of the day, what has ThaniBomb said on GameFaqs that is a really big Red Flag? Because yeah he's hinted that he knew stuff before the AMA and talked about Claude and Lycithea but I see that as him just getting excited over what he knows already.

Sure he denied the fact that he was ThaniBomb - but that could in fact be him denying it to save himself from being under fire, as he did check with the mods of the subreddit before posting the AMA and the mods seemed to let him do it, so I could believe that he denied it because he knew GameFaqs was skeptical already and he hadn't checked with GameFaqs' mods.

I knew I recognize that guy....I did see him gushing over her alot there because of her "white hair" (like another certain character which they also gush over as well) definitely not a coincidence that she for some reason got alot more attention and what they said about her definitely sounds fake, edgy and fanficish which I don't see IS doing. Pehaps its one of those fake inserts to allude some possible stuff (too possibly hide their not really telling truth) but we'll see since we got a couple names to look out for hopefully next week we can see if they're legit or just making lucky guesses.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

He strikes me as quite sarcastic, going off what he's saying to joke about what he knew before the AMA, so perhaps he was simply sarcastically saying No when asked if he was ThaniBomb? Considering he pretty much admitted he slipped up before being asked and the whole thing that he wasn't exactly keeping it a massive secret I could see him sarcastically saying he wasn't ThaniBomb because he was making it kind of obvious.

20 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

Some people just can’t resist the urge to stoke the flames. I’m really hoping people don’t think this game is “Fates 2.0” when it comes out because of this.

It’ll take more than false leaks to become Fates 2.0.

Uh... @The DanMan, nothing you said really disproves anything... And the fact she managed to leak Rhea's name (unintentionally, hence why she removed the name from her original comment despite the following comment showing her original post proving that she initially leaked the name) two weeks early is at least indicative that her sources aren't making up complete BS. 

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Seeing this reminded me of some random post on the Reddit AMA , so I went back and checked. And weirdly enough, Thanibomb seemed to completely admit to the fact that they were MissCarriage on the thread: https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/bovt8v/three_houses_spoiler_thread/enldcqs/

"Hey MissCarriage, it's Nova. Thanks a lot for posting this! [...]" - Another user

"No problem! [...]" - Thanibomb

I don't know if this means anything or not, but it's strange how they denied it on one site but confirmed it on another. Maybe they denied it on gamefaqs because the "leak" was under greater scrutiny there and he didn't want to be tied to the whole situation?

Regardless, I'll have to agree with what others said. While the stuff Thani was hyping about on gamefaqs could easily be his own personal ideas that he later incorporated into the "leak" (and his tone during those moments definitely helps this argument), there's no way to prove that at the same time he wasn't just acting excited from information he knew from the source.

Really, I don't think there's going to be any concrete way for us to prove or disprove this leak until actual facts start coming out that actively contradict the leak. It seems like every argument for the leak can be taken and construed as a argument against it and vice versa.

15 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

It's been confirmed that they did. That linked post is incorrect about timing, as far as I can tell. Rhea's name was first officially mentioned on May 5th, via the Japanese twitter account.

But knowing name(s) is one thing, and knowing major spoilers and other scattershot info is quite another. Even if they have some veracity, that doesn't mean they didn't fabricate most of the leaked information. 

Short of them posting more, the only way we'll be able to concretely rule either way is when more official information comes out. Good chance we'll have an idea before E3 via character bios.

I take back my "too good to be true" sentiments, all of them. Now I'm HOPING the info is bull.

"The same company that brought you such memorable moments as "Justice is an Illusion" now tries it's hand at tackling mental illness is the dumbest, most insensitive way possible."

Hard pass. I hope this is just as made up as it sounds. (I just realized the link doesn't even go to the post I was referring too, thanks technology) 

Edited by TheDreamReturns

5 minutes ago, MMXZero said:

So what is the consensus on this rumor? Has it been debunked or are people still believing Nintendo would pass up on the Camilla/Tharja money. 

It's uncertain. There's more skepticism than there was when it was first shown off but from what I've seen it's half "I believe this" and half "No way this could happen".

6 minutes ago, MMXZero said:

So what is the consensus on this rumor? Has it been debunked or are people still believing Nintendo would pass up on the Camilla/Tharja money. 

I mean, look at Dorothea and Manuela.  If by Tharja/Camilla money, you mean fanservice characters set up to be super-popular, it's right there.