Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

23 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Guess we'll find out really soon.

(Still saying that "backstory" is super fake)

Yeah

I’m withholding any judgment on the leak until Thani gets a few more things right.

Good news is that this whole ordeal, when paired with the famitsu articles and official tweets, has really got the hype train rolling! It’s been a really exciting week for our community regardless.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't think we'll get 100% confirmation on whether the leak is real or fake until the game comes out. Even if Thani ends up being right about the names there's still a very real possibility that he only knows some minor things and is making some of the bigger things up. TBH I'm almost hoping the leak gets killed with the next character reveal because otherwise we're all gonna be sitting here speculating over it right up until release.

1 minute ago, Crecentful said:

Honestly I don't think we'll get 100% confirmation on whether the leak is real or fake until the game comes out. Even if Thani ends up being right about the names there's still a very real possibility that he only knows some minor things and is making some of the bigger things up. TBH I'm almost hoping the leak gets killed with the next character reveal because otherwise we're all gonna be sitting here speculating over it right up until release.

Yeah, I doubt that we'll get the reveal of a timeskip unless it is the whole second arc of the game in which case we may get a few quick glimpses in maybe the E3 trailer and focused direct if it happens, but we most likely won't get confirmation on LGBT supports or timeskips until the release. 

1 hour ago, Crecentful said:

We'll find out much earlier before then since the game might come out a week early through broken street dates and some people might get it early unless Nintendo are really on that. Next Famitsu could reveal the suppose skinship mode or whatever new interaction mode and after the relationship system similar to how Fates reveal it a week or so before release(and if I'm gonna be honest these features really don't push the leak in its favor I mean no duh a relationship system is obvious even the skinship thing to an extent they connect pretty easy together as very easy guesses).

The extra possibly fake details will likely not be known till we or someone early has access to the actual game.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Yeah, I doubt that we'll get the reveal of a timeskip unless it is the whole second arc of the game in which case we may get a few quick glimpses in maybe the E3 trailer and focused direct if it happens, but we most likely won't get confirmation on LGBT supports or timeskips until the release. 

This is what bothers me. The supposed leak got me excited for the possibility of a timeskip and lots of characters outside of the school, and very, very worried about the LGBT support options for Male Byleth being garbage. 

It's killed most of the hype I had, since I now have to assume the worst and most likely won't have any reassurance about those things before release.

I may end up being glad that I found out disappointing news early, but if the information is inaccurate for whatever reason it got peoople worked up over nothing. 

Edited by EJ107

8 minutes ago, EJ107 said:

This is what bothers me. The supposed leak got me excited for the possibility of a timeskip and lots of characters outside of the school, and very, very worried about the LGBT support options for Male Byleth being garbage. 

It's killed most of the hype I had, since I now have to assume the worst and most likely won't have any reassurance about those things before release.

I may end up being glad that I found out disappointing news early, but if the information is inaccurate for whatever reason it got peoople worked up over nothing. 

Let's not forget that Thani doesn't know everything, so there is still hope that gay supports aren't completely shafted. There could still be more units that Thani didn't know about that are gay so we as shouldn't lose hope, the LGBT community deserves better representation.

2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

They announced ahead of Fates' release in Japan that there would be gay marriage options in that game, so it could happen again. A timeskip would likely only be revealed if it happens early enough in the game and isn't a super significant plot detail.

25 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Let's not forget that Thani doesn't know everything, so there is still hope that gay supports aren't completely shafted. There could still be more units that Thani didn't know about that are gay so we as shouldn't lose hope, the LGBT community deserves better representation.

Again assuming they're even telling the truth on that part.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

They do deserve better. I was hoping for more than one option this time, at the very least.

I don't really have any hope at this point. Too many leaks that sounded disappointing have turned out to be true lately for me to discount this one, so I'm forcing myself to accept the negative parts of it are probably accurate. At least most of the other stuff sounded good, even if I'm feeling pretty meh about the game right now.

I know that we won't know until release and the information could be wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up just to have them shot down. To be honest, I wish this whole "leak" had never happened in the first place, since it's killed any excitement I had for future marketing announcements. 

Edited by EJ107

16 minutes ago, EJ107 said:

They do deserve better. I was hoping for more than one option this time, at the very least.

Don't lose hope, there still could be more than one option :( 

I believe I read somewhere that there might be at least one gay option in each house? I'm not sure if I just made that up in my mind or if I really did read that somewhere, but the chances are if they truly will add all those LGBT characters that they won't just give us one gay option.

Also it seem like....I'm starting to believe these leaks might be true lol V_V I checked this leaker out, and he seem's like a nice person, not the type who would post fake leaks to get attention. He's also a Micaiah fan, so I refuse to believe he could be a bad person....so I'm very conflicted on what to believe right now lol. 

Edited by Rose482

31 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I believe I read somewhere that there might be at least one gay option in each house? I'm not sure if I just made that up in my mind or if I really did read that somewhere, but the chances are if they truly will add all those LGBT characters that they won't just give us one gay option.

Also it seem like....I'm starting to believe these leaks might be true lol V_V I checked this leaker out, and he seem's like a nice person, not the type who would post fake leaks to get attention. He's also a Micaiah fan, so I refuse to believe he could be a bad person....so I'm very conflicted on what to believe right now lol. 

Might you be thinking of this post I made a few pages back?

On 5/17/2019 at 5:10 PM, Florete said:

Let's say Nintendo does plan to keep gay marriage options for this game and even devotes themselves to doing it better this time around. Realistically, I see one man and one woman from each house being bisexual, at most (there won't be anyone strictly gay). Maybe one of each from neutral territory as well, so that no matter which house and which gender you pick there are two gay options.

On this note, though, I stand by my prediction that there will be reasonable balance in whatever LGBT options exist. Nintendo isn't going to give us 8 gay/bi women and then 2 gay/bi men. It might not be a 1:1 ratio exactly, but it will be close enough.

1 hour ago, Rose482 said:

If we'd got one gay option for each house, I'd bet: Linhardt, Ashe/Felix and Raphael (but I really really hope it's Claude).

These leaks, in spite of only having Linhardt as the male lgtb choice, gets me hyped. I hope there's more options that thani doesn't know about it. And I want to know more about the gameplay!

I want to see griffon riders (like the emblem of the holy kingdom) and kinshis (maybe the emblem of the empire? idk). It hurts that there's no knives this time tho... At least as their own category.

The things I don't buy from the leak are: Rhea and Sothis being a lgtb choice -It's really unlikely because they usually relegates lgtb characters to non important roles-, Lycithea's background, an orange and white bow wyvern rider, the academy only appearing in the first act.

Edited by KillianVermont

10 minutes ago, Florete said:

On this note, though, I stand by my prediction that there will be reasonable balance in whatever LGBT options exist. Nintendo isn't going to give us 8 gay/bi women and then 2 gay/bi men. It might not be a 1:1 ratio exactly, but it will be close enough.

I hope you're right on that. But — as often seen through Fire Emblem's character designs — straight men's tastes are often pandered to, so I don't find a disproportionate number of bisexual women too unbelievable. 

Honestly though, as much as I hate to say it, the leak's abundance of LGBT options of any form is one of the main things that makes me skeptical, considering IS's track record there. They have been improving, slowly and inconsistently, but I'll believe this when I see it. Gotta protect myself from disappointment on this front, haha. 

5 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Thanks for trying to get my hopes up. It would certainly be nice if there was one option for each house, but sadly having 8 bi women but only one bi man on one route is something I could definitely see them doing.

You only need to look at female Byleths design to see where their priorities lie.

I'd gladly be wrong, but I get the impression that if the information Thanni gave is wrong it's because the information is outdated, rather than because they made it up. I do believe what they are saying was true when they got their information. 

43 minutes ago, EJ107 said:

Thanks for trying to get my hopes up. It would certainly be nice if there was one option for each house, but sadly having 8 bi women but only one bi man on one route is something I could definitely see them doing.

You only need to look at female Byleths design to see where their priorities lie.

I'd gladly be wrong, but I get the impression that if the information Thanni gave is wrong it's because the information is outdated, rather than because they made it up. I do believe what they are saying was true when they got their information. 

I don't think I've heard of a single RPG that does something like that, though. Quality isn't always high, but LGBT options for each gender are always pretty even. Fates already had this balance, I don't think they'd suddenly skew it now. Personally, I'm more worried that our options will be as limited as Fates or just gone entirely.

We only have 5 women so far, though, if thanibomb is to be believed. Edelgard, Dorothea, Sothis, Rhea, and Mercedes.

6 hours ago, Florete said:

I don't think I've heard of a single RPG that does something like that, though. Quality isn't always high, but LGBT options for each gender are always pretty even. Fates already had this balance, I don't think they'd suddenly skew it now. Personally, I'm more worried that our options will be as limited as Fates or just gone entirely.

We only have 5 women so far, though, if thanibomb is to be believed. Edelgard, Dorothea, Sothis, Rhea, and Mercedes.

You're right that only those five were "leaked", though it was implied there could be more. Five is still a more than decent number though. 

I've played RPG's where there's one or two lesbian options and no gay options, but I haven't ever come across a game with a disparity as big as the leaks either, so you're also right there.

But that doesn't make me think it's untrue. I always expected three houses to be as good, at least, as fates, since Rhajat and especially Niles were well received and fairly popular, but having 5x more f/f options because "lesbians are hot" is something I could definitely see them doing. 

Linhardt has received a much colder reception from LGBT fans than Niles, which isn't exactly surprising (I was convinced they were a female character until a few weeks ago). So if it is true i really hope that doesnt put them off doing more in the future.

Edited by EJ107

They're walking things back:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77736879
"Hey guys, I know I posted a lot of questionable/exciting stuff, but since I'm not 100% sure myself, I've decided to refrain from posting any further to avoid any misconceptions about the game. I wanted you guys to know that I'm still going to be active on this account, I just don't want to answer any questions or comments about the leak. I've been getting both positive and negative responses to the leak and I am very appreciative of those who have been kind to me and been cautiously skeptical but respectful of me... however the response has been overwhelming for me and I will no longer be discussing the leak in any way, shape, or form until the game's release. I will still be talking about official 3H news though! Thank you!"

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

They're walking things back:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77736879
"Hey guys, I know I posted a lot of questionable/exciting stuff, but since I'm not 100% sure myself, I've decided to refrain from posting any further to avoid any misconceptions about the game. I wanted you guys to know that I'm still going to be active on this account, I just don't want to answer any questions or comments about the leak. I've been getting both positive and negative responses to the leak and I am very appreciative of those who have been kind to me and been cautiously skeptical but respectful of me... however the response has been overwhelming for me and I will no longer be discussing the leak in any way, shape, or form until the game's release. I will still be talking about official 3H news though! Thank you!"

Hmmm now I'm definitely doubtful now likely to save himself in case most is wrong....

We may know tomorrow if Rhea's right hand guy is shown off and if his name is Setes. If not, we can just assume the leak is bs, which I wouldn't mind tbh since there is parts of this leak I just don't like, like Lysithea dying story wise. I hate when playable characters in FE die story wise, it takes away from the whole perma death aspect imo and people's deaths being the responsibility of the player (it's one of the reason why I hate Kaze's death in Birthright if you don't have an A rank).

That's not exactly "walking things back." It isn't walking anything back at all. She said from the beginning she wasn't 100% sure of all information. 

Frankly, I completely understand not wanting more public scrutiny, since so many people have no self-control or awareness and can't express skepticism in a respectful manner. 

From what was said I think she's covering her tracks in case anything was wrong, just cuz folks are taking it a bit too truthfully. I've spoken to Thani on multiple occasions since the AMA and she definitely knows stuff, she's just being cautious since this has been going on for over a week now and people are starting to take her knowledge as gospel.

I'm gonna say what others have said about this not being proof of their reliability being lessened at all, and if I'm honest...it seems like FAR too many people here hate everything about thanibomb personally just because of the leak, and are offended by their actions in general. Not saying they're legit or anything, but it does seem suspicious as well how some people here are going out of their way to get thanibomb "pwned" for the "leak".

Exactly definitely a get out of jail free card sounding statement in case all suddenly goes bad. This I why I stay skeptical on ANY leaks ever I would say "hope this is a lesson for the future" but people will always never learn from the past.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold