Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

I tend to not trust leaks. This is going to sound cringy, but I remember when code was leaked(or datamined) from Mario Tennis Aces that showed Link being in the game. I don't see him yet. Maybe Nintendo remembered that and someone made that statement so that the community won't freak out on any wrong info. 

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I’m still skeptical of all this, I’d probably be overwhelmed if I suddenly got all of this attention too.

So I’m not exactly ready to accuse Thani of anything right now.

I'm always skeptical of leaks. It's nothing against Thani, since I don't know them, but instantly believing anything is not good. I'm also an avid member of the Serebii Pokemon forums, and we get tons of leaks whenever new games are announced. I've learned to take them all with grains of salt. Until something is confimed by the game makers, I don't completely trust it. Some of these leaks sound really interesting and I would mind if they were true, but some seem fake. Some are also things I'd rather not see in the game. 

Now, on the subject of their recent post... They could honestly be trying to avoid negative reprecussions or having people believe them instantly. Or they could be making sure they don't get a lot negative feedback if/when the leaks are denied as official canon. I don't know yet and until I do, I will be keeping an eye on both the leaks and official news.

Edited by PrincessAlyson

2 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

I'm gonna say what others have said about this not being proof of their reliability being lessened at all, and if I'm honest...it seems like FAR too many people here hate everything about thanibomb personally just because of the leak, and are offended by their actions in general. Not saying they're legit or anything, but it does seem suspicious as well how some people here are going out of their way to get thanibomb "pwned" for the "leak".

Uh, what? What did you read that made you think this? People not believing thanibomb doesn't mean "hate everything about thanibomb personally" and "offended by their actions in general." Most people here would actually like the leaks to be true, but they feel the need to be skeptical. I've seen little to no bashing of thanibomb personally here.

I kinda hope some parts of the leaks are true, but I'll be okay if they're not. I mean, I got burned pretty bad when I found out that Castlevania Emblem wasn't true, so now that I'm taking this with a grain of salt, I won't be burned too bad.

6 hours ago, escotanner said:

I kinda hope some parts of the leaks are true, but I'll be okay if they're not. I mean, I got burned pretty bad when I found out that Castlevania Emblem wasn't true, so now that I'm taking this with a grain of salt, I won't be burned too bad.

After the Grinch leak fiasco that I honestly got really deep with, I no longer believe any leak at face value.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

After the Grinch leak fiasco that I honestly got really deep with, I no longer believe any leak at face value.

The main difference with the Castlevania Emblem leaks is that those where from a literally who, while Thani is an active user on reddit since 2017. I'm not saying this confirms the leaks are true, but I think Thani is slightly more credible. 

11 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

What's the grinch leak? 

There was leak prior to Smash Ultimate being released that said the Grinch was going to be playable IIRC

I never understood how the Grinch leak got such a following. Sakurai said personally that including all the previous characters meant that he had to lower the number of newcomers. So then when we already had 5 newcomers and 4 new echo fighters suddenly this leak says that there's another 5 characters and 2 echo fighters in the game, and people just forgot all that's been previously said and believed it? Obviously any leak that contains Geno (I.E. the prime example of a character that keeps getting brought up on Smash threads despite being completely forgotten everywhere else) should be doubted by default, but the fact that someone faked a leak that went completely against the developer's own words and people bought it just like that is completely baffling to me.

Edited by Druplesnubb

Just a little thing I noticed about Claude/Hilda/Lorenz and their link to each other that Thani predicted:

leicester-crest.jpg

The emblem for the Leicester Alliance has 4 Crests present on it(most likely representing the 4 noble families who lead the alliance), these include the Crest of Regan - Claude's Crest(1); the Crest of Goneril - Hilda's Crest(3) and the Crest of Gloucester - Lorenz's Crest(4). It would make sense that both Hilda and Lorenz were close to Claude as their families head the alliance similar to how Eliwood and Hector knew each other well as their families both have a role in the Lycia Alliance. I'm interested who crest number 2 belongs to, assuming that the crest belonged to one of the Ten Greats and is held by one of our students in the Golden Deer, and why Thani didn't say Claude was as close to them as Hilda and Lorenz.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Just a little thing I noticed about Claude/Hilda/Lorenz and their link to each other that Thani predicted:

leicester-crest.jpg

The emblem for the Leicester Alliance has 4 Crests present on it(most likely representing the 4 noble families who lead the alliance), these include the Crest of Regan - Claude's Crest(1); the Crest of Goneril - Hilda's Crest(3) and the Crest of Gloucester - Lorenz's Crest(4). It would make sense that both Hilda and Lorenz were close to Claude as their families head the alliance similar to how Eliwood and Hector knew each other well as their families both have a role in the Lycia Alliance. I'm interested who crest number 2 belongs to, assuming that the crest belonged to one of the Ten Greats and is held by one of our students in the Golden Deer, and why Thani didn't say Claude was as close to them as Hilda and Lorenz.

The simplest explanation is that they're, let's say,  "not around" for most of the story. The leak has mentioned that crest experimentation is part of Lysothea's backstory which strongly hints at her having a crest, and she's the fourth Golden Deer member mentioned as having a special role in the plot besides Claude, Lorentz and Hilda.

Edit: Alternatively the fourth house may simply not have a kid currently in the academy. In this scenario that house will probably be some kind of villain faction.

Edited by Druplesnubb

11 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

The simplest explanation is that they're, let's say,  "not around" for most of the story. The leak has mentioned that crest experimentation is part of Lysothea's backstory which strongly hints at her having a crest, and she's the fourth Golden Deer member mentioned as having a special role in the plot besides Claude, Lorentz and Hilda.

Edit: Alternatively the fourth house may simply not have a kid currently in the academy. In this scenario that house will probably be some kind of villain faction.

I could see Lysithea being experimented on at a young age which made it so she didn't grow up with the other 3.

Just now, Druplesnubb said:

Well I was more referring to the fact that she won't be around the other three due to her supposedly dying after Act 1.

Oh boy forgot about that one. That would make sense too

12 minutes ago, User name said:

I actually think the 4th crest (well second clock wise) on Leicester belongs to Ignace's family, he looks like a nerd sure, but a fancy looking nerd.

I think it's more likely that Ignace was at this magic school we keep hearing about.

21 minutes ago, User name said:

I actually think the 4th crest (well second clock wise) on Leicester belongs to Ignace's family, he looks like a nerd sure, but a fancy looking nerd.

We actually have a lot of male crest bearers, so I'm gonna say it'll be on a female.

For reference:
Male: Dimitri Claude Hubert Lorenz Felix maybe Ferdinand, maybe Sylvain. 5 at worst, 7 at most.

Female: Edelgard Hilda, maybe Bernadetta. 2 or 3.

Edit:

1 minute ago, User name said:

And the reasson i think so is durring a Feb direct, when they showcased GD students, we had a closeup on Claude, Ignace, Lorenz and Hilda, 3 out 4 are heirs to the alliance's familys.

Oh, that's a good point.

Edited by Cysx

5 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I think it's more likely that Ignace was at this magic school we keep hearing about.

Wasn't it Lorenz?

And the reasson i think so is durring a Feb direct, when they showcased GD students, we had a closeup on Claude, Ignace, Lorenz and Hilda, 3 out 4 are heirs to the alliance's familys.

34 minutes ago, User name said:

Wasn't it Lorenz?

I think it's likely that there's a closeup of all the students and that's just a clip of a larger cutscene. Compare with the closeups in the Black eagles cutscene. This is likely when you get introduced to all the students for the first time, so it makes sense to focus on all of them.

36 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

I think it's likely that there's a closeup of all the students and that's just a clip of a larger cutscene. Compare with the closeups in the Black eagles cutscene. This is likely when you get introduced to all the students for the first time, so it makes sense to focus on all of them.

It goes from Lorenz straight to Hilda though.

So while it's to small for me to find, people are claiming the Famitsu preview shows Lysithea having a Crest. And her names seems to correlate to a place called Ordelia in Leicester on the world map. So it kinda looks like I was right on Lysithea's family being the fourth of the families that lead the Leicester Alliance.

Edited by Druplesnubb

1 hour ago, Druplesnubb said:

So while it's to small for me to find, people are claiming the Famitsu preview shows Lysithea having a Crest. And her names seems to correlate to a place called Ordelia in Leicester on the world map. So it kinda looks like I was right on Lysithea's family being the fourth of the families that lead the Leicester Alliance.

I circled it, of course it is impossible to read but if you look at the previous Famitsu article the only characters that had that extra section were ones with crests. You’ll notice that Lycithea and Bernadetta have it, but Ashe doesn’t.

https://imgur.com/V3vLQ73