Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

I also think a Nils/Ninian situation is likely to happen although I’m not a fan of that but I could also see something like Orson happening where she joins for one chapter and is gone the next to limit how much you can invest in her.

Honestly even if we get deaths with no sort of compensation for investing in a unit (well, maybe aside from getting their equipment back) I welcome it as long as it’s done right and they aren’t random and badly written like Lilith’s, Kaze’s, any death from Fates really, or Emmeryn’s “sacrifice”

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree story deaths can be impactful if done correctly, I sincerely hope this isn't the case with Lysithea. I mean, a major selling point of Three Houses is its students, their training, and their customizability. Having one of Golden Deer's students die would seem unfair to say the least, and it would be quite irritating to have a character you invest so much time in suddenly die. I'm hoping her death would only happen if we do not choose the Golden Deer.

If I remember correctly there was a screenshot of her being in a promoted class. Not saying that means anything (we don't even know what class that could be or how advanced it is), but that gives me a bit of hope that she can survive. 

Thani's leak seems more and more convincing with each bit of info we get, but I guess tomorrow's Famitsu information may help to confirm or deny any surrounding suspicions regarding it.

Although I still don't don't care for the leak stuff here. The problem I see what some are "attempting" to fix with the "Nils/Ninian" idea is again they're pushing the Academy, the members of each side and growing/training/bonding/customization as a selling point of the game. All of them getting a character focus in the week why this only character of an optional side and not have one on each side to be fair? As for a possible "sibling" if she has one why not simply add them without replacing all the hard work you invested in her? I mean Hilda has a older sibling and I obviously doubt she'll get replaced if he even is recruitable later. If she was an easy avoidable one like Kaze if you pick Golden Deer I really wouldn't mind it but this person pretty much saying it'll happen and you have no way of preventing it leaves a massive sour blow to fans of her making them no longer bother of getting attach to her anymore...There's a difference between having an impactful story death and having one where you had a playable character for so long and sudden death of them to "add feels". That's why I'm still on the fence that 'they only know basic info but made up most of the story details'.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

@Book Bro you clearly don't get what liking a character or bonding means if you thinks its "no good" which is a very unpopular opinion.

I get what it means, I've consumed tons of fiction and I can assure you I've liked and bonded with characters on every occasion. Sometimes characters I really liked have died or had bad things happen to them. If it makes sense in the narrative and adds something of value to the story, I'm fine with it. Just because someone might develop a crush on a character in fiction doesn't mean the story shouldn't let anything bad happen to them. Especially in a story about war like Fire Emblem.

My main problem with Lysithea possibly dying, as I've mentioned before, is that this is Fire Emblem, where character deaths (at least of playable units) should be the fault of the player and not the story deciding to just off her. It makes no sense to me for a unit who we seemingly have for a large part of the game just to die, much like how Kaze's death was stupid, as was Scarlet's too.

When a unit dies in classic mode and I reset, I know I need to strategies better to prevent that death or if I was iron manning, I will feel the weight of that loss because I spent time in that unit and it's my fault they died. Having a unit that you spent time on just to be killed off by the story and no fault of my own, especially in Fire Emblem, is stupid to me, regardless of how story justified it is.

I'm just hoping this part happens to be one of those things Thani added to the leak instead of it being real since if it were true, it would just sour the whole game for tbh.

I would prefer her be like Kaze where you can save her than be like Scarlet...but yeah, the game isn't even out and I'm already annoyed by the fact we might not be able to save her lol V_V Like I almost don't want to make myself get attached to her character already just to avoid feeling worst if she ended up being another Scarlet. 

We don't know the specifics of the supposed death if the leak turns out to be real(which we're all sorta sure it is now) - so I'd stay cautiously optimistic given the negative reception they must've got over the deaths of Kaze and Scarlet in Fates, and it may not even be on a route where she is playable so I'd not worry for now, and given the rest of the story beats we know of from both confirmed sources and Thani we can safely say they are being a lot more careful with the writing this time.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

The combination of an unavoidable character death, and only getting to recruit ONE student from each other house, just seems impossible to me. Where the heck are all your playable characters going to come from?

I’ll be happy if there’s a sizable number of characters we haven’t even glimpsed yet, but how many are we supposing IS has developed? To get to the usual 25+ characters in a Fire Emblem run, after starting with 8, then recruiting 2, then having 1 get a plot death... will it be Lowman Emblem? Will there be 15 unique post-house characters for just one route, some of which are presumably unique to the Blue Lions path, or Golden Deer path, etc... Did IS develop like 50 new characters for this game, and what level of characterization can we expect for each one if that’s the case?

Elements of this leak are very credible but math and Occam’s razor are really pointing towards all the students being recruitable, and those 24 making up the bulk of the cast. The pace of character reveals lines up with that as well. I remember IS leaving some characters unspoiled for past games, but half the cast?

8 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

The combination of an unavoidable character death, and only getting to recruit ONE student from each other house, just seems impossible to me. Where the heck are all your playable characters going to come from?

I’ll be happy if there’s a sizable number of characters we haven’t even glimpsed yet, but how many are we supposing IS has developed? To get to the usual 25+ characters in a Fire Emblem run, after starting with 8, then recruiting 2, then having 1 get a plot death... will it be Lowman Emblem? Will there be 15 unique post-house characters for just one route, some of which are presumably unique to the Blue Lions path, or Golden Deer path, etc... Did IS develop like 50 new characters for this game, and what level of characterization can we expect for each one if that’s the case?

Elements of this leak are very credible but math and Occam’s razor are really pointing towards all the students being recruitable, and those 24 making up the bulk of the cast. The pace of character reveals lines up with that as well. I remember IS leaving some characters unspoiled for past games, but half the cast?

The leak did say that a lot of the cast is from outside of the monastery, knights of Seiros, your father's mercenaries and neutral characters among others. Just because the initial lineup is all we got doesn't mean that we're low manning for the whole game, we'll focus on those 9 units for most of the academy arc sure but after that the scope will widen a lot.

17 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

The leak did say that a lot of the cast is from outside of the monastery, knights of Seiros, your father's mercenaries and neutral characters among others. Just because the initial lineup is all we got doesn't mean that we're low manning for the whole game, we'll focus on those 9 units for most of the academy arc sure but after that the scope will widen a lot.

I think 9 is far too few for an entire arc of the game. In most Fire Emblems you're controlling more than that by like the 5th battle.

And what happens if you lose a couple characters with permadeath on? Fire Emblem has always been designed with unit redundancy for that reason. So either you go without that for prolonged stretches of the game, or there's an unprecedented number of characters in Three Houses, taken all together. That's what I'm skeptical about. Designing and writing characters is a lot of work.

5 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

So... does Setes confirm the leak? The other two weren't named by the leaker, I think? But Setes is a pretty unique name to get right.

The leak mentioned Setes and Catherine, actually.

The leak as a whole isn't confirmed (not even counting the fact that it's supposedly early info mixed in with some deliberate misinfo), but at the very least, someone who knew character names leaked genuine info to Thani. Now, it's possibly that either Thani or the person who leaked to them could have been BSing about most of the stuff aside from the names though.

So I had a chat with "someone" and I can say I believe thani now, this famitsu article proves a lot of what she said before to be true (and yes thani is a woman btw).

One to thing to note however, is that she purposefully gave some false information to avoid huge story spoilers and to get people of her back. I have some big issues with some stuff in the leak, mostly about the sexual orientation of some characters but whatever, I'll talk about that when the time comes.

All I can say is, from my part thani is telling the truth.

I hope the users at gamefaqs that generalized the Serenesforest community as being idiots for talking about potential leaks are having the time of their day

3 minutes ago, makuroh said:

So I had a chat with "someone" and I can say I believe thani now, this famitsu article proves a lot of what she said before to be true (and yes thani is a woman btw).

One to thing to note however, is that she purposefully gave some false information to avoid huge story spoilers and to get people of her back. I have some big issues with some stuff in the leak, mostly about the sexual orientation of some characters but whatever, I'll talk about that when the time comes.

All I can say is, from my part thani is telling the truth.

Something similar happened to the GoT leaks for the last season. One or two scenes were thrown in that didn't actually happen in the episodes when they were released

Edited by redlight

Gonna offer my two cents in light of recent stuff and details.

Thani is unlikely to have BS sources if her sources got the names correct and magazine reveals lend more and more credibility to the info she put out. Yes, some story details and character stuff might change and be different from what she wrote about, but I strongly doubt they would be significant to the point that they would directly impact the general gist of what she put out. Though she admitted to have only early details, unless a significant development overhaul has occurred on Japan's side of things recently, it is more than likely that much of those details will remain in the game. 

At this point, I am going to go off air on examining details of what thani put out because I have a feeling that the details that she leaked, especially regarding characters and story, are stuff that are best experienced when blind. While I understand her intentions (I know she wanted to drum out hype and speculation for the game and all), something tells me the people who scrutinize the leak from now until release are going to wish they didn't, if not regret it. I would be more concerned about the Nintendo ninjas going after her sources than whether the details are correct at this point.

10 minutes ago, makuroh said:

Yes indeed, Thani did say that she's getting her sources from early versions of the game, so most likely some stuff will be cut or changed in the final release.

I strongly doubt story and character details will have significant changes. Depending on what Thani said when she meant “early”, there might not even be changes at all! Those early builds could just be gameplay changes, design changes, and QOL stuff. Again, unless IntSys did a major development overhaul, which would be highly unlikely and easier said than done in this period of development, I don’t think the general gist of what Thani put out will change.

Edited by BZL8

1 hour ago, Mad_Scientist said:

The leak as a whole isn't confirmed (not even counting the fact that it's supposedly early info mixed in with some deliberate misinfo), but at the very least, someone who knew character names leaked genuine info to Thani. Now, it's possibly that either Thani or the person who leaked to them could have been BSing about most of the stuff aside from the names though.

Agreed I'm a bit more convinced now at least with the names and some character details but I am afraid now...I pray to Naga that particular story detail is still super fake if not sadly I'm not hype or will be attach to her anymore because of this please be fake.....which I believe it is at this point.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Like I said before, there’s gonna be some fake stuff even in credible leaks so I’m definitely not gonna trust in everything she said, so once the game comes out we can see what was real and what was a red herring. 

And also Scarlet isn’t “locked behind DLC” she’s in Birthright and gets to live in that one. It sucks she dies in Revelations too but I just sort of think of her as a Birthright exclusive unit.