Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

1 hour ago, Azz said:

I mean the leaks aren't fully confirmed. All the information Thani had has all been officially revealed through twitter/famitsu, none of the story details Thani mentioned has even been hinted at through official sources, so it's still iffy as to whether or not they are true or that they are part of the info added to the leak to make it seem faker than it is (which Thani mentioned that either they/or the informant added to prevent any of them getting in trouble). For all we know, Thani's informant could be working on the famitsu articles and leaking stuff through that or could be working on the official fe twitter and leaking through that, so I would retain a healthy scepticism pertaining to the leaked story so far. 

Well yeah, but the odds just went way up.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

^as mention only bio info has been confirmed nothing major like story spoilers chances are this is the only legit info we have.

It's not as though IS is going to reveal major plot points like story deaths before the game releases.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

It's not as though IS is going to reveal major plot points like story deaths before the game releases.

Again nothing so far imply any story related things listed so far(in case someone mentions the flame part Flame Emperor got a bio so it's still basic info like the other characters).

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

I believe she said that her leak was 90% true/10% false and she got the info in early developpement. I can totally see the character death, the promotions for the lords and the spoilery lesbian choices being fake.

Otherwise, why does Dimitri have a riding profiency?! 

The thing I don't get is why IS didn't shut down their posts if her info was gonna be proven right. Maybe did they leak it on purpose to generate hype?

Hey everyone! Long time no see I haven’t posted since the Fates pre-release era lol. I have a working theory that 5 students from each house will have a crest and that 1 non-lord will have a major crest to even out Felix having one. My guess would be 

BE: Edelgard, Ferdinand, Bernadetta, Caspar (Major), Linhardt

BL: Dimitri, Felix (Major), Mercedes, Sylvain, Ingrid 

GD: Claude, Lorenz, Hilda, Lysithea, Marianne (Major) 

This comes from the fact that the GD have 4 crest-bearers already but not a major crest yet. Not sure if IS will even it out that way, or even want it to be even. 

5 minutes ago, KillianVermont said:

The thing I don't get is why IS didn't shut down their posts if her info was gonna be proven right. Maybe did they leak it on purpose to generate hype?

Her source was probably fired by this point, or will be soon. Although I don't think r/fireemblem is big enough to be on any company's radar

1 minute ago, RevenantKnight said:

Hey everyone! Long time no see I haven’t posted since the Fates pre-release era lol. I have a working theory that 5 students from each house will have a crest and that 1 non-lord will have a major crest to even out Felix having one. My guess would be 

BE: Edelgard, Ferdinand, Bernadetta, Caspar (Major), Linhardt

BL: Dimitri, Felix (Major), Mercedes, Sylvain, Ingrid 

GD: Claude, Lorenz, Hilda, Lysithea, Marianne (Major) 

This comes from the fact that the GD have 4 crest-bearers already but not a major crest yet. Not sure if IS will even it out that way, or even want it to be even. 

With GD, we still have that fourth crest on their flag that none of the current crest bearers have so I think Marianne being a noble with said crest (which has appeared when casting magic and Marianne is a mage) makes sense (also her uniform is shared by Lysithea, Ingrid and Annette, all of which are nobles (or at least Annette seems to be noble). Not so sure about the major crest theory (in fact I still don't get major and minor crests).

Also welcome back lol

9 minutes ago, KillianVermont said:

I believe she said that her leak was 90% true/10% false and she got the info in early developpement. I can totally see the character death, the promotions for the lords and the spoilery lesbian choices being fake.

Otherwise, why does Dimitri have a riding profiency?! 

If I remember correctly, Thani said Dmitri's promotion has swords and authority as his bonuses, which is the same as the lord class that just got revealed so that;s probably where thani got it from (or it was one of the fake leaks and was a guess). Personally I don't think the main 3 will have the classes thani described, because I think their next promo will be great lord which will have the same proficiencies as lord.

Also I agree, I feel like the story parts will be in the 10% that is false 

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

With GD, we still have that fourth crest on their flag that none of the current crest bearers have so I think Marianne being a noble with said crest (which has appeared when casting magic and Marianne is a mage) makes sense (also her uniform is shared by Lysithea, Ingrid and Annette, all of which are nobles (or at least Annette seems to be noble). Not so sure about the major crest theory (in fact I still don't get major and minor crests).

Also welcome back lol

I excluded Annette just because I felt like Ingrid made more sense based on Thani’s info of her being friends with Dimitri and Felix and Annette could always be a lesser noble without a crest like Hubert. The major stuff was also a stab in the dark to be honest lol. Marianne makes sense as the last option for GD but it really could be Caspar, Linhardt, or even Petra for the BE if there is one. 

My initial idea was that they'd implement a soft difficulty change for each house chosen by varying the number of crest bearers you have access to in each house, but the more I look at it the more it seems like each house will have 4 Minor Crest Bearers and 1 Major Crest Bearer.

BE: Edelgard; Ferdinand; Bernadetta; Linhardt(*); Caspar
BL: Dimitri; Felix(*); Ingrid; Sylvain; Mercedes
GD: Claude; Hilda; Lorenz; Lysithea; Mariann(*)

29 minutes ago, KillianVermont said:

...They can't. Unless they are also Reddit staff, no one at IS or Nintendo has the power to shut down anything on Reddit.

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

My initial idea was that they'd implement a soft difficulty change for each house chosen by varying the number of crest bearers you have access to in each house, but the more I look at it the more it seems like each house will have 4 Minor Crest Bearers and 1 Major Crest Bearer.

BE: Edelgard; Ferdinand; Bernadetta; Linhardt(*); Caspar
BL: Dimitri; Felix(*); Ingrid; Sylvain; Mercedes
GD: Claude; Hilda; Lorenz; Lysithea; Mariann(*)

I only had Caspar over Linhardt in my theory just because I can’t see 2 of the 3 major crest bearers being healers. Also, with it being Caspar, Felix, and Marianne they could have a little gag or easter egg about the importance of blue-haired people in FE in general lol. 

It'll be interesting to see if the Major Crest wielders will be available for cross-House recruitment, since Thani said we'd be able to pick one non-retainer/lord from the other Houses. 

Relatedly, I mentioned wanting to go Blue Lions and recruit Caspar to Thani, and she said that he'd be a good pick (since his hair would match). If he is the Black Eagles' Major, and recruitable, I'll be quite happy!

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

...They can't. Unless they are also Reddit staff, no one at IS or Nintendo has the power to shut down anything on Reddit.

Oh, the beauty of Reddit.

1 minute ago, RevenantKnight said:

I only had Caspar over Linhardt in my theory just because I can’t see 2 of the 3 major crest bearers being healers. Also, with it being Caspar, Felix, and Marianne they could have a little gag or easter egg about the importance of blue-haired people in FE in general lol. 

That would be pretty funny lmao, they're different shades of blue but all blue matters.

But I see why people are still sceptical, even if Thani has proven on numerous occasions she has insight. The Twitter hacking/Famitsu access theory might be right but I think in all honesty that is people who don't like what isn't confirmed already trying to make an excuse as to why half of the leak is fake. Thani said that she sprinkled in stuff that wasn't right but I doubt that "sprinkling" would involve a major plotpoint such as the timeskip and the Lord's final classes. The "sprinkling" I could see being bs is most likely the LGBT stuff, the Lysithea stuff(Thani seems to have a soft spot for her so maybe she made up some stuff about her to make her stand out); and the Edelgard and Dimitri being step-siblings thing, that just strikes me as being a bit...off.

^Complerely agree. Thani loves her white-haired mages lol. I think it’s pretty likely the Lysithea stuff is wrong just to get people talking about her. At the very least there has to be a Kaze-esque way to save her. 

Edited by RevenantKnight

I hope the Lysithea stuff is wrong, it's pretty much the only thing about the leak I hate and would not want to happen (the only other thing I have a problem with is the imbalance in the supposed gay options, but as long as Felix or Sylvain are options for m!Byleth, all will be forgiven).

The whole thing with Lysithea is the only thing I hate about the leak if it's real, cuz she's honestly the character I'm most interested in besides Claude. It has to be a red herring, otherwise I'm going to be really mad

God Tier Scenario: The "you can marry your students" and "Classy Skinship" things were red herrings thrown in by Thani to make it seem more realistic; this is really is Fire Emblem: Radiant Genealogy. 

Knowing Intelligent Systems you can TOTALLY bang your students, we didn't need Thani to clarify that lol. But this timeskip does give us a unique oppurtunity. It is shown that Petra and Dorothea(can't remember exactly who it was but I definitely saw it lol) can only achieve C and B level supports, meaning, most likely, A and whatever comes after that support for the pair(if anything) won't be unlocked until a certain point in the game, most probably, post-timeskip. So achieving an A rank support with a specific student before the pre-timeskip only to pursue a relationship with them post-timeskip would be a much more elegant way of doing things, unless this timeskip is a Genealogy-length one and all our students are killed Arvis style, by the Flame Emperor of course.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

if the time skip thing does happen (and it probably will), I wouldn't be so opposed to marrying students since by then the students would be adults by then. I know some people might have a problem with it (since they were your students before) but I don't think Japan in general would (but maybe I'm just generalising, which is probably the case).

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

if the time skip thing does happen (and it probably will), I wouldn't be so opposed to marrying students since by then the students would be adults by then. I know some people might have a problem with it (since they were your students before) but I don't think Japan in general would (but maybe I'm just generalising, which is probably the case).

I thought they were adult to begin with, no where in description stating they were children. It's the power structure people having problem with.

3 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I thought they were adult to begin with, no where in description stating they were children. It's the power structure people having problem with.

Most of the students, outside of the Academy setting, would be deemed fine by players to marry, it's units like Bernadetta; Ignace and Lysithea(who has even been stated that she's the youngest student), that irk me, but hey if Lysithea goes from 15 > 20 or whatever age she is pre-timeskip, that's all good by me.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised the whole teacher and student relationship has been such a big deal in the first place. This isn't a 40-something teacher and a teenage student, Byleth clearly seems to be around the same age as the rest of the cast and is just suddenly assigned this teaching position. Maybe I'm okay with it because it feels more like a temporary mentor-ship than actual teacher and student, but I really don't care one bit.

I could totally be okay with 'banging' your students if the 5 years timeskip happens. I mean, achieve only A or S ranks post timeskip would be a classy way to calm a vast majority. I personally didn't like the Nowi situation.

And IS: Pretty pretty please, don't kill my characters or at least, make avoidable deaths (Kaze style).

I wonder how the story reaches a stalemate to the point where a 5 year timeskip is a viable story telling method. The most logical one I could see is Garreg Mach being destroyed in the final cutscene pre-timeskip. Forcing every student to end their studies early, retreat to their home territories and rethink. Perhaps the main "evil" part of the church works in the shadows after Garreg Mach is destroyed and when the timeskip ends is when they begin their advance again.

7 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I wonder how the story reaches a stalemate to the point where a 5 year timeskip is a viable story telling method. The most logical one I could see is Garreg Mach being destroyed in the final cutscene pre-timeskip. Forcing every student to end their studies early, retreat to their home territories and rethink. Perhaps the main "evil" part of the church works in the shadows after Garreg Mach is destroyed and when the timeskip ends is when they begin their advance again.

Given Garreg Mach is a kind of international Truce Zone, I could see it people trying to bring it down as a way to destabilize the peace between the three countries.

The real question is "why?", could be extremists from Adrestria or Faerghus who want war with the other countries over their religious policies, or the Flame Emperor is trying to bring to light some vile act part of the chuch is commiting.

Edited by Marros