Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

19 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Edelgard's and especially Claude's promotions are two of the things I believe the most from the leak, and I would be really happy if they are real. Dimitri's supposed promotion, however, I'm guessing is fake. I think Thani either lied about it or maybe thought the Lord class was Dimitri's specifically. We don't know how her source had described it (or pretty much anything else), unfortunately.

I could totally see that; with the specific focus on Swords; Lances and Authority I can see her making an easy assumption based on that. It would be a missed opportunity to not have an Armour; Cavalier; Flier Lord trio. The 3 Things I straight up don't think are legit are:

1. Lysithea's backstory and supposed death.

2. The LGBT representation; specifically the amount of it and the imbalance between male and female gay options.

3. Dimitri's final class.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Lysithea seems to have a much more famous voice actress than the other random students, so it seems likely that she'll have a special role.

That doesn't mean much. In P5, Chase was kinda the famous VA and he only announced the subway lol

But we'll see 

Uhh can I just ask how on earth a wyvern grows facial hair? I always assumed they'd be based on reptiles given that they look scaly. Unless we're talking some bearded lizard type of deal. Even though to split hairs that's not real facial hair.

32 minutes ago, Serea-chan said:

Uhh can I just ask how on earth a wyvern grows facial hair? I always assumed they'd be based on reptiles given that they look scaly. Unless we're talking some bearded lizard type of deal. Even though to split hairs that's not real facial hair.

Because it's a fantasy setting and in a fantasy setting, everything can happen. Wouldn't be surprised if pegasi would puke rainbows in FE 

1 hour ago, Serea-chan said:

I'm guessing it's less literal facial hair and more a feather-like plumage. And even if it does end up being actual hair, a giant flying lizard with hair isn't any less believable than the same thing without it.

39 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Because it's a fantasy setting and in a fantasy setting, everything can happen.

Well that'd be plain and simple lazy story writing.

"Hey why does the reptilian looking creature have mammalian hair on it?"

"Hurdur, rule of cool."

I can deal with it so long as it has some logical explanation.

"This particular breed of wvyern lives in a cold climate and needs extra warmth around it's neck in order to survive." 

Something similar to Hoshidan Pegasi.

2 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

Well that'd be plain and simple lazy story writing.

"Hey why does the reptilian looking creature have mammalian hair on it?"

"Hurdur, rule of cool."

I can deal with it so long as it has some logical explanation.

"This particular breed of wvyern lives in a cold climate and needs extra warmth around it's neck in order to survive." 

Something similar to Hoshidan Pegasi.

Well, in real life it can be a guessing game for why animals have certain features. Some things are obvious (take a guess why polar bears are white). But other things… not so much. Take the fact that male birds tend to be more colorful than females. We know that female birds (depending on species) like colorful males, but scientists are still trying to figure out how that actually benefits the species as a whole. Why be colorful if it makes you more likely to get eaten?

I don’t think the people of Folan would have any inherent idea why certain wyverns have mammalian hair. The creators may or may not have a deeper reason why other than the rule of cool, but the characters wouldn’t have a clue until an in-world researcher studies it. Therefore, us speculating for reasons puts us in the same place as the characters. Now I’m imagining a scene where we have some famous bar where all of Fodlan’s intellectuals like to go to hang out and discuss all the recent new theories as to why wyverns have facial hair.

All this to say that I’ll be fine without any given explanation on this. Gives us more opportunities to come up with and discuss our own ideas rather than being spoon-fed information.

2 minutes ago, GreyJedi said:

Well, in real life it can be a guessing game for why animals have certain features. Some things are obvious (take a guess why polar bears are white). But other things… not so much. Take the fact that male birds tend to be more colorful than females. We know that female birds (depending on species) like colorful males, but scientists are still trying to figure out how that actually benefits the species as a whole. Why be colorful if it makes you more likely to get eaten?

I thought female birds were less colorful than male birds because the female has to incubate the egg, therefore her plumage should be more dull as to camouflage herself and her eggs to ensure their survival. The male could afford to die to be frank. 

In the artbook pictures , you see a character that looks like Edelgard in a very different outfit. She seems to have some sort of head ornament and hairbunsIn the top middle of the right page

Then we have the leak describing Edelgard's appearance: Full exchange with the one who asked the question.

A character getting a major design overhaul midgame for pre-rendered cutscenes is maybe the first visual hint we have that supports the possibility of a timeskip (since all footage has been from the early game).

Edited by Mapina

11 minutes ago, Mapina said:

In the artbook pictures , you see a character that looks like Edelgard in a very different outfit. She seems to have some sort of head ornament and hairbunsIn the top middle of the right page

Then we have the leak describing Edelgard's appearance: Full exchange with the one who asked the question.

A character getting an major design overhaul midgame for pre-rendered cutscenes is maybe the first visual hint we have that supports the possibility of a timeskip (since all footage has been from the early game).

HYPE!!! Can't wait for this game man!

On 6/7/2019 at 3:01 AM, Serea-chan said:

Maybe it will be a beard akin to the one of this guy

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Zelda dragon wind waker

12 minutes ago, Crecentful said:

Does anyone have that picture of the three lords in their timeskip outfits that Thani drew so we can see if Edelgard matches the art book picture?

WhoaWhoaWhoa! Hold Up! What?! Thani did what now? She drew that?

Go on.....

Never mind just found the pic that I was talking about.

Comparing Thani’s pic of Edelgard with the art book, it seems he got the crown right at least but the armour seems more purple in the art book rather than red in the drawing. Also her hair seems to be tied up in a bun in the art book compared to hanging down in the drawing. I don’t know what to think of this tbh.BF437236-DA0B-473B-B706-B87405DDAED6.jpeg.0680c416fefe9a8e4c11d600affaa468.jpegF18EF67B-8B3A-4917-8DC2-B859C2E362BB.thumb.jpeg.582a0078726c794f036179b2ced5a861.jpeg 

Wouldn't be surprised if that character was just a relative of hers then or someone completely new maybe E3s trailer will get a better view of these shots. Also thank god the wait will soon be over and this topic can be put behind.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

11 minutes ago, Crecentful said:

Never mind just found the pic that I was talking about.

Comparing Thani’s pic of Edelgard with the art book, it seems he got the crown right at least but the armour seems more purple in the art book rather than red in the drawing. Also her hair seems to be tied up in a bun in the art book compared to hanging down in the drawing. I don’t know what to think of this tbh.BF437236-DA0B-473B-B706-B87405DDAED6.jpeg.0680c416fefe9a8e4c11d600affaa468.jpeg

I think the lightning makes the armor look pinkish, i aslo think she mistook Dimitri'crown for Edelgard's orniment.

Character in the screen has a orniment similar to Sothis.

5 minutes ago, User name said:

I think the lightning makes the armor look pinkish, i aslo think she mistook Dimitri'crown for Edelgard's orniment.

Character in the screen has a orniment similar to Sothis.

Good call on Dimitri’s ornament being the same as Sothis’s

I don’t think the person in the screenshot’s crown looks like Sothis’s though.B2516AF4-5619-4275-94D6-924A5EAD8AF1.png.ba74aa6332d9442b61925d74dbdd1c51.png

Edited by Crecentful

7 minutes ago, Crecentful said:

Good call on Dimitri’s ornament being the same as Sothis’s

I don’t think the person in the screenshot’s crown looks like Sothis’s though.B2516AF4-5619-4275-94D6-924A5EAD8AF1.png.ba74aa6332d9442b61925d74dbdd1c51.png

That person definitely HAS a orniment though, its like a mix between Sothis, Rhea and Seiros( the woman in the first trailer).

It also has a small red jewel in the centre.

...Could be Edelgard. The character definitely has a red color scheme, between the outfit (which only looks pink due to lighting) and the jewel. Also seems like she could have purple eyes and white hair, but can't be certain. Would make some sense for the Adrestian Empire to have a crown similar to Sothis/Rhea's, considering the Empire's origins.

She's appears to be wielding a sword, though? Or is it being pointed at her? Hm. 

Could just be an unknown character, too. 

Hairbuns ? Ew ew ew ew ! Disgusting. I don't like them.
Poor Eldegard, forced to have such bad haircuts... she could have only one bun, but she have to have two of them. >_>

Timeskip ftw though.

Dunno why, I don't like the look of her promotion, maybe the fact that she is less armored than the other two. Then again, it had colors.

2 hours ago, KillianVermont said:

Thani didn't draw the eyepatch and the sideburns either. But she/he definitely said that the promotions post-timeskip will get changes. So... I think she/he drew the promotion with the pre-timeskip appearance

I like eyepatch though. Love them !

I'm interested in who that character who appears to have a missing eye is on the right of "Edelgard", due to the missing eye my immediate thought is Dimitri underneath the eyepatch but the design doesn't seem to match unless he gets corrupted somewhat in one of the paths.

56 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'm interested in who that character who appears to have a missing eye is on the right of "Edelgard", due to the missing eye my immediate thought is Dimitri underneath the eyepatch but the design doesn't seem to match unless he gets corrupted somewhat in one of the paths.

The character right of what is supposed to be Edelgard, looks more like a corrupted old Jagen archetype dude. Or like some enemy from Naruto. 

I dont think that it could be Dimitri at all.