Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ColdHeartAndASummerDream said:

All the vital parts were right, we even saw a glimpse of Claude's Wyvern(if I'm not mistaken). Who's ready to be crazy with Edgelord? 

Yeah after this I'm totally going Black Eagles first. Give me ruthless empress, I'm all about that Targaryen route.

Blue Lions is still the one for me. Dimitri looks a lot better post skip (even if I liked him before) and I wanna see how that eye patch came about

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Blue Lions is still the one for me. Dimitri looks a lot better post skip (even if I liked him before) and I wanna see how that eye patch came about

He was cute before, even with spaghetti hair. Now, his hair is like, actual spaghetti, and I don't really like the length of it but he does look cool I guess

So. It was all true then.

Well, darn, still a shock. It leaves a question though: how the bloody mothering heck did Thani get those leaks ?

What a beautiful time to be alive !

On 6/10/2019 at 3:00 PM, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Um so the leaks might be true look at the comparison between Edelgard and this girl with buns

006-edelgard.jpg

... did no one saw the Byleth Sword's blade that is very close to her face ? Just asking. 😛

Also damn, that crown really help my hatred dual buns.

Edited by B.Leu

18 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

So. It was all true then.

Well, darn, still a shock. It leaves a question though: how the bloody mothering heck did Thani get those leaks ?

What a beautiful time to be alive !

... did no one saw the Byleth Sword's blade that is very close to her face ? Just asking. 😛

Also damn, that crown really help my hatred dual buns.

I have no idea if I'm imagining things or being fooled by the lighting, but in one scene of the trailer, Edelgard hair and eyes seems to have changed to a greenish color, reminiscent of Seiros (looking at it again, it might definitely just be the light). And while the image from the artbook is too blurry to truly tell, her eyes looks more greenish than purple there, which could mean they both happen around the same time. Byleth holding their sword at Edelgard's neck could make sense since in the scene I previously mentioned, we see Edelgard seemingly on her knees saying "my teacher", right before we switch to Byleth looking in her direction with a grim look. And considering Seiros and Nemesis were enemies and Edelgard and Byleth are related to them, they might be continuing a long lasting feud...

15 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I have no idea if I'm imagining things or being fooled by the lighting, but in one scene of the trailer, Edelgard hair and eyes seems to have changed to a greenish color,

I think it's mostly the lighting which is making her look like she has different hair and eyes color.

Edited by Rose482

1 minute ago, Rose482 said:

I think it's mostly the lighting which is making her look like she has different hair and eyes color.

Yeah, looking at it closely for a while, it definitely seems to be the light.

1 hour ago, B.Leu said:

From the way Thani phrased in her comments, it felt like she was actually close to someone in the localization team (or maybe even a play tester) willing to risk breaking NDA to gush/drop-hints 'bout what they had seen in a early build...

Spoiler

It's kinda why we had stuff like the imbalance of Byleth's listed bisexual options:

Thani's insider seemed to have way more hands-on experience with conversations in a "F!Byleth teaching the Black Eagles" Playthrough, so said person (and by extension, Thani) had an easier listing options and events available in that playthrough (with the Timeskip's Appearance Change being Universal) while a lot of stuff happening outside said playthrough (like Non-Black-Eagles Characters' Backstories or anything with M!Byleth involved) felt a bit more like nebulous second-hand (or third-hand for Thani) accounts who are still worth taking with a grain of salt...

Edited by AstraSage

The fact that Thani specifically said that it's a hard "timeskip" makes me think that people's theory about there being timey-wimey backwards and forwards stuff to try and prevent the war are wrong. Honestly I've been on the fence with regards to Thani this whole time, and while I still believe there's definitely some things that their lying about it's undeniable at this point that most of what they say is correct (average map design and all)

Guess Micaiah fans aren't a bad breed after all!

Since Thani said that some of the leak details she lied about I guess we can start eliminating things by process of elimination right? I think there is a good chance of a true ending route what with the time travel mechanics they've brought up. In the trailer, Sothis even says "Both sides of time are revealed to you" or something to that liking. Considering it's been shown that time manipulation is part of Sothis's abilities I think that'd be likely something used for that later on in the story. 

Personally, I'd like it if the theoretical "true end" could only be unlocked after exploring every route including the worst ones. I'm not averse to endings with a similar concept to Revelations of the warring sides coming together, and I absolutely enjoy darker elements like in the Genealogy games, but I think the best endings are the overall happy ones that are fought for through hell and back.

1 hour ago, AstraSage said:

From the way Thani phrased in her comments, it felt like she was actually close to someone in the localization team (or maybe even a play tester) willing to risk breaking NDA to gush/drop-hints 'bout what they had seen in a early build...

Reveal hidden contents

It's kinda why we had stuff like the imbalance of Byleth's listed bisexual options:

Thani's insider seemed to have way more hands-on experience with conversations in a "F!Byleth teaching the Black Eagles" Playthrough, so said person (and by extension, Thani) had an easier listing options and events available in that playthrough (with the Timeskip's Appearance Change being Universal) while a lot of stuff happening outside said playthrough (like Non-Black-Eagles Characters' Backstories or anything with M!Byleth involved) felt a bit more like nebulous second-hand (or third-hand for Thani) accounts who are still worth taking with a grain of salt...

That's an interesting theory. It would explain why all of the options she listed were neutral or Black Eagles, except for one, and why she didn't seem to know anything about the Blue Lions characters. As well as why she didn't seem as sure about M!Byleths options. 

I don't want to get my hopes up though, It's possible that the options really are that skewed. 

It's hard to tell exactly who could have given her the information without knowing what (if anything) about her leak isn't accurate. 

35 minutes ago, Cyan1456 said:

Since Thani said that some of the leak details she lied about I guess we can start eliminating things by process of elimination right? I think there is a good chance of a true ending route what with the time travel mechanics they've brought up. In the trailer, Sothis even says "Both sides of time are revealed to you" or something to that liking. Considering it's been shown that time manipulation is part of Sothis's abilities I think that'd be likely something used for that later on in the story. 

Personally, I'd like it if the theoretical "true end" could only be unlocked after exploring every route including the worst ones. I'm not averse to endings with a similar concept to Revelations of the warring sides coming together, and I absolutely enjoy darker elements like in the Genealogy games, but I think the best endings are the overall happy ones that are fought for through hell and back.

That would be interesting. I liked Revelations and would like them to try again with the "true/golden ending" this time with some hard work to get it.

I would not like it if the war would be erased thanks to time travelling. I mean, I don't want every endings to be happy with no death. Only one absolute happy ending is way enough for me.

1 hour ago, Cyan1456 said:

Yes it's exactly the kind of ending I would love!

Spoiler

Like Higurashi no naku koro ni which was a novel I loved to read thanks to the several bad endings and the good ending coming last!

Also, the black/demonic beasts are those that were supposed, according to the leaks, to be experiments on humans, right? Well it's credible because those are humans arms/legs. The feet are not very human like but the hands does have 5 fingers. Also there's apparent muscles which looks really experiment like.

And the crest probably used for the experiment is on the beast's nose.

Switch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_E3_artwork_06.thumb.jpg.c0bb8fd9660541a9e6ec400f0585c2de.jpg

It would be really cool if the leaks were also right about that! But it may just be a weird giant lizard tho.

I disagree, it's just... you don't do that. I know it's a long shot but I assumed they're supposed to be stand alone. If what Thani said was true about the fourth true path being a golden ending, I'll be annoyed. and since it's most likely true, replace that by 'I'm very annoyed by that'

What is so wrong about just having multiple paths ? Having to truly assume the choice that you make ? Like seriously, why would you waste and destroy other paths for a golden ending which would render all others invalid and worthless. Why, just why ? What's wrong with them ?
I sound like a broken record, but Der Langrisser had the right idea... Except maybe for Chaos Path.

Maybe they'll do something good, but even if they do, I'm still bothered. You don't do that, especially in a S-RPG. About war.

And it's not my negativity toward Fates that is talking... it's my negativity towards multiple games' annoying tendency to have a golden path, Fates included.

18 hours ago, ColdHeartAndASummerDream said:

He was cute before, even with spaghetti hair. Now, his hair is like, actual spaghetti, and I don't really like the length of it but he does look cool I guess

As a young, handsome, self-assured straight man, I must say. wasn't feeling the Claude brigade at the beginning but damn he went from daddy to daddy and I've totally developed one heck of a man crush on him. Also enjoying Edelgard's older look, think the new voice actress works for her but the original fits better for the young!Edelgard, see how it sounds on launch. Not sure for Dimitry, I believed the leaks and was happy to see my faith rewarded, might be nice to see golden boy turn edgy boy but I still lack the spark for his house.

I disagree, it's just... you don't do that. I know it's a long shot but I assumed they're supposed to be stand alone. If what Thani said was true about the fourth true path being a golden ending, I'll be annoyed. and since it's most likely true, replace that by 'I'm very annoyed by that'

What is so wrong about just having multiple paths ? Having to truly assume the choice that you make ? Like seriously, why would you waste and destroy other paths for a golden ending which would render all others invalid and worthless. Why, just why ? What's wrong with them ?
I sound like a broken record, but Der Langrisser had the right idea... Except maybe for Chaos Path.

Maybe they'll do something good, but even if they do, I'm still bothered. You don't do that, especially in a S-RPG. About war.

And it's not my negativity toward Fates that is talking... it's my negativity towards multiple games' annoying tendency to have a golden path, Fates included.

I'm fine with a "golden ending" so long as it has its own drawbacks, or at least is difficult enough that I have to earn it, problem with Fates is the fact that the investment required was the $$$ rather than good choices or hard work. If I have to do some funky map tricks or even make some actual real choices in a fire emblem game, I'll be a happy camper for that golden ending.

Edited by CyberNinja

5 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

I'm fine with a "golden ending" so long as it has its own drawbacks, or at least is difficult enough that I have to earn it, problem with Fates is the fact that the investment required was the $$$ rather than good choices or hard work. If I have to do some funky map tricks or even make some actual real choices in a fire emblem game, I'll be a happy camper for that golden ending.

If it's had drawbacks, and I say, legit drawbacks (right Revelations ?), then it's not really a Golden path, and I'll be fine with this. That's why Der Langrisser Light path have a pass, what is done and the implications behind are disgusting enough to say to yourself "yeaaah...".
Even though the attention the path had are less than pleasant like more recent games.

But yeah, I agree, Fates Revelation was scummy, that was a whole new level of 'You just don't do that.'.

I'm not sure if hard work if a good arguments, because it still destroy other paths, and like I said, I'm not only talking about Fates.

Edited by B.Leu

The leak was wrong, about only recruiting one student to your house from another. Instead, you can steal anyone as long as you have the requirements. I think that's a better option but may cause some issues later down the line. For example why as someone loyal as Dedue go against Dimitri?

What's so wrong about trying to get a happy ending for your characters? I don't mind golden endings as long as they aren't locked behind a paywall (I liked Revelations overall but that was horrible. No more paid game content that isn't DLC, please). And it doesn't necessarily render the other routes worthless either. Replayability.

I personally want a Golden Ending. I mean, we have three (maybe four) routes full of death and sorrow. Why not a happy ending? That wouldn't destroy any other path. I'm totally okay with 'earn your true ending' so I'm fine with that one be more difficult.

I hope there's a golden path where I can use all of the characters. I want them all in a single run.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The leak was wrong, about only recruiting one student to your house from another. Instead, you can steal anyone as long as you have the requirements. I think that's a better option but may cause some issues later down the line. For example why as someone loyal as Dedue go against Dimitri?

Oh where was this? I've only followed off and on so I'd like to here what the requirements are or how that will work.

2 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

What's so wrong about trying to get a happy ending for your characters? I don't mind golden endings as long as they aren't locked behind a paywall (I liked Revelations overall but that was horrible. No more paid game content that isn't DLC, please). And it doesn't necessarily render the other routes worthless either. Replayability.

I consider my first playthrough for any game with choices to be my "true" run, so even if I get a golden ending later I'll only see it as a "what if" rather than how things went down. for this reason I don't really mind, so long as its not a "choose the good ending" like in awakening or "buy the good ending" like in fates. Unlike the previous two, I've got the feeling Three Houses might actually get me invested in the characters, the latest trailer really did bump up Claude for me. I feel that will have some pretty good investment when before I was feeling Edelgard since she seemed to know what was going on, had that mysterious vibe, and seemed to have a unique relationship with the teacher (since she was the favored trailer student, it seems.)

2 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

I consider my first playthrough for any game with choices to be my "true" run

That's actually what I like about games with multiple paths/storylines. You can pick which route is your own personal canon, either because you played it first, like a certain path best, etc. While one route is canon to you, others can still choose the others and that does not invalidate it for them. Pokemon kinda does that with the games; they've implied that each game is equally canon to the others, depending on which you played. So it really doesn't matter if there's a route people don't like in Three Houses. They don't have to play it or regard it as canon if they don't want to. 

I have a feeling this game is going to be really good!