Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

A fourth "true path" would make sense and wouldn't be surprising since I don't see them having one of the 3 normal paths as the canon one~ Assuming the fourth path of course would be to give some sort of canonization~

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

I've just noticed something, Thani said that 10% of her leak is false, we have not seen Claude's Wyvern, nor any LGBT romance options yet. 

I think both of those things could be the 10%

I think Claude having a wyvern is one of the more likely things yet to be confirmed, considering it seems all signs point towards him having a strength in flying. Especially considering how Thani consistently put it on the same level as Edelgard's hair buns and Dimitri's eye patch. And we haven't had the chance to see any of the same-sex options Thani mentioned (though I do hope that it being really unbalanced was one of the fake things).

Edited by BastienSoul

3 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I think Claude having a wyvern is one of the more likely things yet to be confirmed, considering it seems all signs point towards him having a strength in flying. Especially considering how Thani consistently put it on the same level as Edelgard's hair buns and Dimitri's eye patch. And we haven't had the chance to see any of the same-sex options Thani mentioned (though I do hope that it being really unbalanced was one of the fake things).

Yeah, but the post timeskip trailer, we have seen Edelgard in her Baron/Emperor class, Dimitri in his one eyed Helbardier like class, but Claude just runs with his bow. 

As for the same sex option, I honestly hope there's 4 vs 4 options and not 1 vs 8 or whatever Thani said. 

I hope the next Famitsu brings clarification, in one of those things. 

8 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Yeah, but the post timeskip trailer, we have seen Edelgard in her Baron/Emperor class, Dimitri in his one eyed Helbardier like class, but Claude just runs with his bow. 

As for the same sex option, I honestly hope there's 4 vs 4 options and not 1 vs 8 or whatever Thani said. 

I hope the next Famitsu brings clarification, in one of those things. 

I saw somebody point out that, during the fireball scene in the e3 trailer, there's a silhouette on the Golden Deer side that looks like it could be a wyvern. And even if it's not, Edelgard doesn't look much like an armored unit and I doubt they're going to be 4th tiers midway through the game, so the wyvern could just be the final tier. This would also explain why Dimitri's class wasn't riding- Thani mentioned his 3rd tier instead.

I do agree with the last two points, though.

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

The fake part of the leak was obviously that the maps are subpar, that there's a skinship feature, and that you can marry Sothis. Best game confirmed.

Thani said the skinship got toned down and is the tea party. And I'm pretty sure Sothis can be romanced.

1 minute ago, BastienSoul said:

I saw somebody point out that, during the fireball scene in the e3 trailer, there's a silhouette on the Golden Deer side that looks like it could be a wyvern. And even if it's not, Edelgard doesn't look much like an armored unit and I doubt they're going to be 4th tiers midway through the game, so the wyvern could just be the final tier. This would also explain why Dimitri's class wasn't riding- Thani mentioned his 3rd tier instead.

I do agree with the last two points, though.

Do you have a time stamp for the silhouette? I can't see anything and I watch the trailer like 5 times per day lol

Just now, Owain Dark said:

Do you have a time stamp for the silhouette? I can't see anything and I watch the trailer like 5 times per day lol

It's about 34 seconds in, and a bit above and to the right of the sword at the center. It might not be anything, but I do think it's possible that it's the wyvern.

2 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

It's about 34 seconds in, and a bit above and to the right of the sword at the center. It might not be anything, but I do think it's possible that it's the wyvern.

Hm, I've just watched it frame by frame, while the silhouette is a bit bigger than the others, it's probably nothing but a burned tree or something. Just doesn't look like a wyvern silhouette or something similar to me

1 minute ago, Owain Dark said:

Hm, I've just watched it frame by frame, while the silhouette is a bit bigger than the others, it's probably nothing but a burned tree or something. Just doesn't look like a wyvern silhouette or something similar to me

It could be a tree.

I do have another reason to believe Thani on the wyvern though, but I'm not sure if I should say it. Even saying this much might be a bit rude to her.

2 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

It could be a tree.

I do have another reason to believe Thani on the wyvern though, but I'm not sure if I should say it. Even saying this much might be a bit rude to her.

Well, if you don't want to post it in public, you can pm me it, if you want. I won't tell Thani. If you don't want to tell it, it's okay too. 

But I myself am on the fence, if the bearded Wyvern is true or not. 

2 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

I've just noticed something, Thani said that 10% of her leak is false, we have not seen Claude's Wyvern, nor any LGBT romance options yet. 

It'd be especially shitty of her if that was something she decided to lie about.

14 minutes ago, Florete said:

It'd be especially shitty of her if that was something she decided to lie about.

Yeah. But honestly, her saying that only Linhardt is the male option vs 5 or 8 female options... 

I hope that's the part we're she lied, and IntSys balanced it out. IF there are same sex romances at all

20 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Yeah. But honestly, her saying that only Linhardt is the male option vs 5 or 8 female options... 

I hope that's the part we're she lied, and IntSys balanced it out. IF there are same sex romances at all

Well, if her lie was that Linhardt was the only male option and there's actually more, that's fine. If she lied about there being same sex options at all and there's actually none, that's really shitty.

I don't think she said anything about "5 or 8" female options, though. Just listed 5 names and said there could be more she doesn't know about.

Edited by Florete

11 hours ago, Landmaster said:

A fourth "true path" would make sense and wouldn't be surprising since I don't see them having one of the 3 normal paths as the canon one~ Assuming the fourth path of course would be to give some sort of canonization~

Do we NEED a canon path? I feel that it would be better if there were three distinct paths that were satisfying in some areas, and frustrating in others, so that none was clearly 'correct'. It's like how Revalations completely devalued Conquest and Birthright simply by existing.

33 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

I think that everything Thanni said about the same sex romances was legitimate, going by her information, because from what I've seen of her she isn't malicious and doesn't seem like the sort to lie about such a delicate topic. 

I find it odd that people are taking her "10% of the stuff is lies" as gospel. I mean, that itself could be a lie, and everything could be accurate (to her knowledge). 

Edited by EJ107

6 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Do we NEED a canon path? I feel that it would be better if there were three distinct paths that were satisfying in some areas, and frustrating in others, so that none was clearly 'correct'. It's like how Revalations completely devalued Conquest and Birthright simply by existing.

Well, that was my point. If they want a canon path, I can see that fourth path as being that. I mean, I don't see what else they would need two paths for Edlegard for. 

37 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Well, that was my point. If they want a canon path, I can see that fourth path as being that. I mean, I don't see what else they would need two paths for Edlegard for. 

Life and death. One path results in the canon ending and the other one could end in everyone is dying. 

4 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

Yeah I was thinking similar myself. Some of it just sounded off when I read it, and they already got some support info wrong or left key details out. The fact that S supports themselves are locked behind the timeskip is a major piece of information you would think they would have, but nope. There’s also the fact that they had a lot of I don’t knows and all that in their post. 

And, this may sound a bit mean or whatever, but I honestly can’t see there being so many. Going from 2 in Fates to what sounds like more than 10 in 3H just sounds off, and especially as lopsided as it is. I can see there being 1 option for each gender per house maybe, but I’m not sure I believe there’s going to be almost 10 or more options. It especially sounded iffy considering they claimed Sothis was an option, yet didn’t want to expand on others due to spoilers. Even though the fact that Sothis is playable and romanceable is itself a spoiler. 

So so I really think if any bit of info is off, it’s all of what they said regarding supports. 

Edited by Tolvir

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah I was thinking similar myself. Some of it just sounded off when I read it, and they already got some support info wrong or left key details out. The fact that S supports themselves are locked behind the timeskip is a major piece of information you would think they would have, but nope. There’s also the fact that they had a lot of I don’t knows and all that in their post. 

And, this may sound a bit mean or whatever, but I honestly can’t see there being so many. Going from 2 in Fates to what sounds like more than 10 in 3H just sounds off, and especially as lopsided as it is. I can see there being 1 option for each gender per house maybe, but I’m not sure I believe there’s going to be almost 10 or more options. It especially sounded iffy considering they claimed Sothis was an option, yet didn’t want to expand on others due to spoilers. Even though the fact that Sothis is playable and romanceable is itself a spoiler. 

So so I really think if any bit of info is off, it’s all of what they said regarding supports. 

While I think there's probably some same sex romances and there'll be more options than the stereotypes fates had, I think it won't be more than max 3 of each gender. And 2 of those are probably not from the Monastery. Since... Church and Homosexuality doesn't go well together. 

1 hour ago, Owain Dark said:

Church and Homosexuality doesn't go well together. 

Spoiler: Language

tumblr_pp2kmgrzNu1wvr35c_540.jpg 

I'm not sure if it matters fictionally (in the grand scheme of things). Also, I don't think the church could have an influence on romance, especially after the timeskip. Does the goddess care if two ladies or two men are together? 

12 minutes ago, May said:

Spoiler: Language

Hide contents

tumblr_pp2kmgrzNu1wvr35c_540.jpg 

I'm not sure if it matters fictionally (in the grand scheme of things). Also, I don't think the church could have an influence on romance, especially after the timeskip. Does the goddess care if two ladies or two men are together? 

I mean real world church tho. And fire emblem is Japan, homosexuality is still kind of taboo there, even if they warm up with it. 

2 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

Life and death. One path results in the canon ending and the other one could end in everyone is dying. 

If they have gone with the Dark Path/Light Path, I really want the choice between the two to be really obvious. No 'Need to have A support with three particular characters by Chapter 12' or 'Save these civilians and cause Edelgard to flip out ten chapters later' hidden nonsense. I literally want the choice to be Edelgard asking whether she should be a murderous tyrant or not, or something along those lines. I shouldn't have to look at a FAQ to unlock something major in a game that's primary draw is strategy mechanics and characters.

And I say this as a huge fan of Growlanser IV, a game best described as 'Literally every character can die and everything is missable.' There's a time and a place.

Edited by Onestep

I'd actually prefer if that was the case, with a "standard" Edelgard path and a fourth "alternative" one (wheter it is "everyone is happy" or "everyone dies") hidden behind some circumstances, because unless you're an Edgelord (note: that was for the pun) I don't see where it would make sense to put the "do you want to go standard or crazy" question. The same applies to a golden path, making it an obvious choice kind of negates the alternative (like Revelations, why would you side with one family and kill the other when you can stay neutral).