Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

People are clinging way too hard to this "10% of the leak is wrong" notion. In fact, her post in question is this:

So it isn't even that 10% of her information is false, it's that at least 90% of her information is correct, allowing for some misremembering or obfuscating (i.e., the number of students recruitable).

And Thani really isn't the type of person to bait LGBT folks.

2 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

Since... Church and Homosexuality doesn't go well together. 

This isn't a given in fictional religions, and isn't even remotely likely in this case.

Edited by Disclaimer

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some stuff has to be falsely added to prevent any troubles that could possibly happen in a scenario lots of legit leaks do this as a safety measure. For the bi stuff while they said early development (which I believe it was still in beta form) changes could happen since and either it could've been scrapped or reduced to a very small amount by the end whatever happens was within Nintendo of Japans decision. The more I look at this the more I severly doubt the possibility of the abundance of same gender options was to ever fulfill any sort of status quo but more to appease anime fans and yuri fans(which is more popular than overall than yaoi) particularly the majority of players that plays these JRPGs games being male. So I guess it's understandable that females/fujo fans would be upset at the possible unbalanced on the male side but we won't know how real this part of the leak is until the game is out.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

So I guess it's understandable that females/fujo fans would be upset at the possible unbalanced on the male side but we won't know how real this part of the leak is until the game is out.

Queer male fans would also be upset...

I have to add that, beyond gay options for the "avatar", it'd be nice to have gay pairings period. I don't expect it in this game but there's really no reason why there shouldn't be any. I mean theoretically if Ingrid can S support female Byleth, and Annette can S support female Byleth, why shouldn't they be able to S support with each other/other girls?

Also hoping we get some non-romantic paired endings among the bunch. If, as I suspect, some of the teachers and older characters are recruitable post time skip, I could see this happening between them and their former students. Maybe that's what the weird A》 support seen in the Treehouse means?

5 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Also hoping we get some non-romantic paired endings among the bunch. If, as I suspect, some of the teachers and older characters are recruitable post time skip, I could see this happening between them and their former students. Maybe that's what the weird A》 support seen in the Treehouse means?

YES! This is something I've missed so much from earlier games. We do we get a generic ending for Mercedes and every other male she can marry when she and Annette can follow in Byleth's footsteps and teach at the Magic School they both used to go to. Linhardt and Caspar have been stated to be good friends, give them a paired ending together rather than calling it a day when they get an A Support.

On the topic of paired endings, give me paired endings that are not always romantic. I want to see GBA style endings again, like as between a father and son (Garcia, Ross), between friends (Eliwood, Hector), or helping a recruit find her mother (Duessel, Amelia). Not everyone has to marry everyone and have kids.

I would not be best pleased if Thani did lie about the same-sex options tbh, it would be especially deceptive considering the topic, but I will give her the benefit of doubt since she did say it was an early build and she also got pretty much everything right.

TBH, I am not expecting much, it's Nintendo, however I'm just asking for 2 options per gender. Obviously a canon gay character who is just gay like Leon would be great even then he falls victim to two really overused and common bad tropes and is a stereotype but progress is progress or even characters of the same sex being in a relationship with one another rather than just being gay for the avatar, but as I said, I'm not expecting much. I'm pretty happy with the options Thani did mention, however the discrepancy between the female:male ratio isn't nice but I could deal.

I also agree that there should be more platonic paired ending with both same-sex and opposite sex character pairings, especially with Three Houses now that there is gonna be so much inter character realtionships and loyalty and such. I wish they would let us choose whether to make supports romantic or not, like in persona tbh.

Edited by Azz

I have a bad feeling that Thani probably leaked information from a earlier-in-development point before supports were completely finalized, so some of the wlw S-supports will likely be removed before it's released.   Like I remember hearing lots of rumors about how Azura and Silas were originally going to be same-sex options but were removed for whatever reason.

Alternatively, it could mean that more male ones will be added, but we just can't know for sure yet, and I'm a pessimistic type.

I'm really curious what will happen.

5 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

People are clinging way too hard to this "10% of the leak is wrong" notion. In fact, her post in question is this:

So it isn't even that 10% of her information is false, it's that at least 90% of her information is correct, allowing for some misremembering or obfuscating (i.e., the number of students recruitable).

And Thani really isn't the type of person to bait LGBT folks.

This isn't a given in fictional religions, and isn't even remotely likely in this case.

Thanks for posting this. It's good to be reminded that we can end up telephoning someone's words into something they never really meant at all.

5 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Some stuff has to be falsely added to prevent any troubles that could possibly happen in a scenario lots of legit leaks do this as a safety measure.

I have never heard of this from someone who actually has the authority to know such a thing. It sounds like an excuse people make up to explain away leaks having potentially false info.

to appease anime fans and yuri fans(which is more popular than overall than yaoi) particularly the majority of players that plays these JRPGs games being male.

Yuri is more popular with men than yaoi. Yaoi is more popular overall (though yuri has grown in recent years).

(To be honest, yaoi is probably more popular with straight women and straight women only. Even gay men have a tendency to prefer yuri because yaoi is rarely made to appeal to gay men. But that straight women fanbase is pretty strong.)

3 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I have to add that, beyond gay options for the "avatar", it'd be nice to have gay pairings period. I don't expect it in this game but there's really no reason why there shouldn't be any. I mean theoretically if Ingrid can S support female Byleth, and Annette can S support female Byleth, why shouldn't they be able to S support with each other/other girls?

I definitely want this, too, though I don't tend to mention because, well, baby steps, lol. I don't expect them to add these before at least solidifying a handful of gay-for-avatars. But it would be pretty nice to one day make a team full of gay lovers!

2 hours ago, Sire said:

On the topic of paired endings, give me paired endings that are not always romantic. I want to see GBA style endings again, like as between a father and son (Garcia, Ross), between friends (Eliwood, Hector), or helping a recruit find her mother (Duessel, Amelia). Not everyone has to marry everyone and have kids.

While this would be nice to see again, it'd be rather difficult with their current setup and expectations. I imagine there are more people out there that would be upset if they thought they were pairing off two characters only to see them end up platonic. And if you have an S rank between family members, even if it's platonic lots of people will see that S and think they'd be setting up incest.

It worked better in the GBA games because everyone just ended at A. You didn't know if they'd get a paired ending at all, so the writers could be more creative with them.

8 minutes ago, Three Eyes said:

Like I remember hearing lots of rumors about how Azura and Silas were originally going to be same-sex options but were removed for whatever reason.

I've never heard of this, and honestly, it sounds more like a theory that became a rumor than something that was ever meant to happen.

I wish there is a support of two characters who are exclusively attracted to each other. That's why I feel less attracted to games with an Avatar being around because everything is made to appeal to them, the player. 

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Yuri is more popular with men than yaoi. Yaoi is more popular overall (though yuri has grown in recent years).

(To be honest, yaoi is probably more popular with straight women and straight women only. Even gay men have a tendency to prefer yuri because yaoi is rarely made to appeal to gay men. But that straight women fanbase is pretty strong.)

If the company were to write same-sex material to appeal to straight consumers, all of the supports would probably sound inauthentic.

The more I look at this the more I severly doubt the possibility of the abundance of same gender options was to ever fulfill any sort of status quo but more to appease anime fans and yuri fans(which is more popular than overall than yaoi) particularly the majority of players that plays these JRPGs games being male.

I'm kind of ambivalent talking about this, but I can sort of agree that this is how it would turn out. Straight people consume so much yaoi/yuri that we could assume creators/directors would only add them in for those consuming them, not for representation. 

51 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I thought the Azura and Silas same-sex S support was nothing more than an urban legend?

38 minutes ago, Florete said:

I've never heard of this, and honestly, it sounds more like a theory that became a rumor than something that was ever meant to happen.

This is probably the case because I can't find the source on it anymore.  Oh well.

That eases my worry about the  announced options not being final somewhat.  

51 minutes ago, Florete said:

[Words About GBA-Style Endings]

While this would be nice to see again, it'd be rather difficult with their current setup and expectations. I imagine there are more people out there that would be upset if they thought they were pairing off two characters only to see them end up platonic. And if you have an S rank between family members, even if it's platonic lots of people will see that S and think they'd be setting up incest.

It worked better in the GBA games because everyone just ended at A. You didn't know if they'd get a paired ending at all, so the writers could be more creative with them.

True. Modern Fire Emblem does seem to sell due to the shipping side of the spectrum, so waifus and husbandos are the now the norm. The school setting for Three Houses probably doesn't help with that. Personally, I would love "S" Supports just indicating a paired ending instead of being purely romantic, but I may be in the minority for that one. (Add a small "heart" icon if its romantic, perhaps?)

There's also the issue with Avatar characters, as every "S" option there may be expected to be romantic instead of platonic. Hopefully as FE grows the Support System will see more changes for the better, such as "choosing if a support is platonic or romantic" and "choosing the Avatar's relationship preferences."

Edited by Sire
Weird Formatting Fixed?

I miss platonic endings, and if they feel like it would be too confusing to make a S rank platonic then they should make another rank similar to A+ in Fates but not as shitty.

I was gonna write something in defense of yaoi and it demographic since it’s not as black and white as people assume, but I’m pretty sure people don’t want to read that.

Anyway, Japanese media really love fujobait, and I’ve heard that there are some people who prefer when things remain subtext so they can write their own headcanons. So I can see a series developed primarily for the Japanese market (like Persona and Story of Seasons to an extent) using fujobait to appease that market, especially when the society is still pretty homophobic. But I feel like IS, and especially Nintendo, are trying to appeal to a worldwide demographic (some which want representation, some who just like to watch two guys kiss) by adding gay options and even making a character canonically gay. 

I’m a bit skeptical about the gay options in the leak since I don’t feel like IS would actually make a lord bisexual, or that we would get more than two options. If there are more than two, then hopefully we can pair them since I find non-avatar pairings more interesting.

17 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

I mean real world church tho. And fire emblem is Japan, homosexuality is still kind of taboo there, even if they warm up with it. 

There is no default stance on this matter in the real world church either. The point about homosexuality's status in Japan will probably be significantly more relevant to how this game will handle the matter.

Edited by Diffuse

So with the Nintendo dream goofing up and showing new character renders.

Iam going to make a claim that white haired evil looking dude with beard is revived Flame emperor, and Flame Emperor himself is Jeralt.

There is also a Palpatine looking dude with F up eye,and a red head loking manakete chick, who is getting frightened by white haired bearded evil loking dude.

Whoa that a mouthful!

With my theory of the inner circle of the church "drawing out" the power of crest, my theory is that the inner circle tested on the red head and drew out her crest; this resulted in a highly powerful being; and the inner circle begun using her as a sort of assassin. She starts to get sentimental; leading to the strangle scene where the Palpatine dude chokes the life from her after her failing him.

6 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

With my theory of the inner circle of the church "drawing out" the power of crest, my theory is that the inner circle tested on the red head and drew out her crest; this resulted in a highly powerful being; and the inner circle begun using her as a sort of assassin. She starts to get sentimental; leading to the strangle scene where the Palpatine dude chokes the life from her after her failing him.

I hope that she is not a time skip Ann.

Because i will be upset,that she got fridged like that.

5 hours ago, User name said:

So with the Nintendo dream goofing up and showing new character renders.

Iam going to make a claim that white haired evil looking dude with beard is revived Flame emperor, and Flame Emperor himself is Jeralt.

There is also a Palpatine looking dude with F up eye,and a red head loking manakete chick, who is getting frightened by white haired bearded evil loking dude.

Whoa that a mouthful!

Where are these new renders? I haven't heard about them anywhere but here, and I can't find anything no matter what I search for.