• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/19/2019 at 1:24 AM, Three Eyes said:

That link is not working for me?

Spoiler

Here’s the image of the new characters

Edited by Azz

35 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I know the leak is already confirmed, but it's worth pointing out that Thani mentioned that Dimitri, Ingrid, Felix, and one other person (Sylvain) were childhood friends.

Thani also mentioned Edelgard and Dimitri are siblings/half siblings 

1 minute ago, Owain Dark said:

Thani also mentioned Edelgard and Dimitri are siblings/half siblings 

I completely forgot about that. Honestly, that's the thing I believe the least in the leak. I'm not sure why you brought it up, though.

From Thani

I can reveal very little of Edelgard's backstory for spoiler reasons. I can tell you that her father is the emperor (obviously) and that her mother married into Dimitri's family, making them stepsiblings. The fourth path is actually a branching path from her original path.

She looks the least changed out of the three lords. Her hair changes a bit...

1 minute ago, Owain Dark said:

That doesn't confirm Edel and Dim being related

??? I'm confused. Before I shoot back, are you arguing against them being actually related?

10 minutes ago, redlight said:

??? I'm confused. Before I shoot back, are you arguing against them being actually related?

I just don't think they are related at all, and Thani said ~10% of her leak are false, them being related could be in those ~10%

4 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

I just don't think they are related at all, and Thani said ~10% of her leak are false, them being related could be in those ~10%

Oh, I was saying that they're step siblings, but not actual blood related siblings. 

I assure you at least 90% of this info is true! Some I have to purposefully subvert or simply remembered wrong.

Thani guesses that she might have misremembered or some she purposefully subverted, but we have to wait and see.

8 minutes ago, redlight said:

Oh, I was saying that they're step siblings, but not actual blood related siblings. 

Thani guesses that she might have misremembered or some she purposefully subverted, but we have to wait and see.

Yeah, I mean the next Famitsu is scheduled for midnight today, if they don't mention something, I hope FE Japan Twitter does, oooooor they let us stay in the dark to have feels while playing

This is speculation on the politics of the three Fodlan nations, but it's based on some of what Thani leaked, so I'm going to post it here:

• I don't think it's been confirmed, but I take it that the entirety of Fodlan was once united as one nation (The Adrestrian Empire).
  • The Holy Kingdom of Faerghus may have been the first to split. As we know, the area prides itself on its knights. I'd speculate that the north-west is historically a victim of raids from Sreng and so had a history of building tall castles and maintaining more of a war footing than the rest of the Empire. It may have also been the power centre for Nemesis' faction, pre-unification. Either way, the Imperial family would require a strong, trusted hand to lead it, and so a family member would have been given regional control. Over generations their power solidified and the area's military might allowed them to shift into being semi-autonomous, before officially breaking away. They name themselves a Holy Kingdom to add legitimacy, as their royal family is, just like the Adrestrians, descended from Seiros.
  • The Leicester Alliance is based in the area that was formally an economic hub, where traders from overland to the east would come to buy and sell. From here, goods would flow into and out from the rest of the Empire and the Holy Kingdom. As such, the area became disproportionately wealthy to the rest of the continent, and ties with the eastern neighbour of Almyra grew. I'd also venture that Aegir, to the south, is also a reasonably prominent trading town. Much like the real world, where the wealthy Catalonia region is trying to secede from Spain, the eastern lords likely felt that their taxes going to the rest of the country was an unwarranted drain on them. This eventually led to the prominent personages deciding that the Empire had grown weak, and that a split might be possible. To tip the scales, the von Riegans then sealed a deal with Almyra for military support via marriage, and that support led to them being voted the head of the Leicester Alliance. This would have happened only a generation ago, and while it is nominally a more democratic nation they have yet to actually have a change of power from the von Riegans. Many see Claude as a natural successor, but their is a lot of tension as many others expect a new vote.
  • The von Aegir's may have had a chance to break away as part of the fledgling Leicester Alliance, but instead used that fact as leverage to force the Emperor to give them, or create the position of, Prime Minister. As we know that Brigid pays homage to Adrestria (rather than having been absorbed) and that Petra is attending the Officer's Academy as a show of fealty and to engender positive relations, I think this arrangement might be recent. As such, I speculate that after the Church of Seiros organised a peace with Leicester, Ferdinand's father organised a show of the Empire's strength, and attacked Brigid. The victory would have brought him much renown, and internally he would have a huge power block over the Emperor (who lost the Leicester region, and is seen as weak).
  • After the success of the Leicester Alliance's breakaway, most Almyrans would have gone home, but many would have stayed. They likely faced racism and xenophobia in most of Fodlan, and a large number spread throughout the continent similar to the Romani people in Europe. While some no-doubt turned to banditry, many are likely just trying to live. We know that Dimitri "has a great shadow" and that Dedue "owes Dimitri a great debt". Thani said that Dedue's people were bandits that killed the royal family, with Dimitri the only survivor, and that Dedue's people were killed in response. Only Dedue was spared, at the wishes of the young Dimitri. So I'd say Dedue is one of the Almyran diaspora, and also that while Prince Dimitri is the rightful ruler of Faerghus he has a regent or council of regents actually ruling until such time as he reaches his majority. My main speculation here is that Dedue's family did not murder Dimitri's, but were framed in order for the regents to take over. I'd also suggest that some of the villainous members of the Church of Seiros are the ones acting as regent, and the ones who acted out the murders.

Once again, that's just speculation. But I was thinking about it over the last few days, and thought I'd jot it down.

26 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

This isn't what she said. Her actual quote is:

At least 90% is true, accounting for misremembering and subversion (e.g. number of recruitable students). That's a far cry from "10% of this is false information." 

4 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

This isn't what she said. Her actual quote is:

At least 90% is true, accounting for misremembering and subversion (e.g. number of recruitable students). That's a far cry from "10% of this is false information." 

I've said ~10%, ~ means circa, and I'm sorry dude, the 10% are branded into my brain lol

8 minutes ago, LSM said:

This is speculation on the politics of the three Fodlan nations, but it's based on some of what Thani leaked, so I'm going to post it here:

• I don't think it's been confirmed, but I take it that the entirety of Fodlan was once united as one nation (The Adrestrian Empire).
  • The Holy Kingdom of Faerghus may have been the first to split. As we know, the area prides itself on its knights. I'd speculate that the north-west is historically a victim of raids from Sreng and so had a history of building tall castles and maintaining more of a war footing than the rest of the Empire. It may have also been the power centre for Nemesis' faction, pre-unification. Either way, the Imperial family would require a strong, trusted hand to lead it, and so a family member would have been given regional control. Over generations their power solidified and the area's military might allowed them to shift into being semi-autonomous, before officially breaking away. They name themselves a Holy Kingdom to add legitimacy, as their royal family is, just like the Adrestrians, descended from Seiros.
  • The Leicester Alliance is based in the area that was formally an economic hub, where traders from overland to the east would come to buy and sell. From here, goods would flow into and out from the rest of the Empire and the Holy Kingdom. As such, the area became disproportionately wealthy to the rest of the continent, and ties with the eastern neighbour of Almyra grew. I'd also venture that Aegir, to the south, is also a reasonably prominent trading town. Much like the real world, where the wealthy Catalonia region is trying to secede from Spain, the eastern lords likely felt that their taxes going to the rest of the country was an unwarranted drain on them. This eventually led to the prominent personages deciding that the Empire had grown weak, and that a split might be possible. To tip the scales, the von Riegans then sealed a deal with Almyra for military support via marriage, and that support led to them being voted the head of the Leicester Alliance. This would have happened only a generation ago, and while it is nominally a more democratic nation they have yet to actually have a change of power from the von Riegans. Many see Claude as a natural successor, but their is a lot of tension as many others expect a new vote.
  • The von Aegir's may have had a chance to break away as part of the fledgling Leicester Alliance, but instead used that fact as leverage to force the Emperor to give them, or create the position of, Prime Minister. As we know that Brigid pays homage to Adrestria (rather than having been absorbed) and that Petra is attending the Officer's Academy as a show of fealty and to engender positive relations, I think this arrangement might be recent. As such, I speculate that after the Church of Seiros organised a peace with Leicester, Ferdinand's father organised a show of the Empire's strength, and attacked Brigid. The victory would have brought him much renown, and internally he would have a huge power block over the Emperor (who lost the Leicester region, and is seen as weak).
  • After the success of the Leicester Alliance's breakaway, most Almyrans would have gone home, but many would have stayed. They likely faced racism and xenophobia in most of Fodlan, and a large number spread throughout the continent similar to the Romani people in Europe. While some no-doubt turned to banditry, many are likely just trying to live. We know that Dimitri "has a great shadow" and that Dedue "owes Dimitri a great debt". Thani said that Dedue's people were bandits that killed the royal family, with Dimitri the only survivor, and that Dedue's people were killed in response. Only Dedue was spared, at the wishes of the young Dimitri. So I'd say Dedue is one of the Almyran diaspora, and also that while Prince Dimitri is the rightful ruler of Faerghus he has a regent or council of regents actually ruling until such time as he reaches his majority. My main speculation here is that Dedue's family did not murder Dimitri's, but were framed in order for the regents to take over. I'd also suggest that some of the villainous members of the Church of Seiros are the ones acting as regent, and the ones who acted out the murders.

Once again, that's just speculation. But I was thinking about it over the last few days, and thought I'd jot it down.

Jesus christ. You're somehow selling this game to me despite being only speculation.

Really excellent analysis/speculation of what you could gather of politics in the leaks and official sources.

16 minutes ago, LSM said:

Seriously, IS should hire you. I can't contain the hype, even if it's just speculation. 

15 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

It does for me

Worked for me too, thanks! But thanks also to Azz for posting the picture above as well. Wish it wasn't so grainy, but we'll get all this info more clearly soon enough. Fun to get advance info and images for speculation purposes though, of course 🙂

I think in the leak Lysithea is swapped with Marianne. I do not see a minor character as her being a major influence on the plot.  Marianne deal with the whole being shrouded in mystery and not showing her crest in the preview is a dead ringer for me. Double for not being transferable for the other factions.

We have not seen anything about the recruitment of Marianne. All we know is that Lysithea can be recruited from the Black Eagles.

I have speculated in another thread about this. (even though it has nothing to do with the leak). Marianne's crest is that of Hresvelgr, meaning she shares blood with Edelgard(this isnt the theory part,this is just what Vincent detailed in his post),the theory part is that Marianne might have major Seiros blood, putting her in direct line of succession above Edelgard, since Edelgard only has minor Seiros blood(and perhaps major Hresvelgr blood, as a sort of duality/opposites thing). Perhaps Edelgard's dad wanted his own daughter on the throne, rather than that of a cousin or something(Marianne)

(Btw,I was the one who asked Thani about Lysithea's death, and from what I could gather Lysithea dies due to crest experimentations, because she's literally my favorite character and I read all the info Thani posted about her. Thani said A)She had a tragic fate. B) She had been subjected to crest experimentation,if I'm not misremembering and C)She dies no matter what eventually, that could mean she survives the entire game but dies at the end)

Edited by ColdHeartAndASummerDream