Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

3 hours ago, Ranulfo said:

My guess is that there will be a story chapter in which Lysithea turns into a black beast or something akin to that that from those alleged crest experiments and you have to kill her/fight her and she dies in the scene after the fight. However, if you're part of the Golden Deers or you recruit her into another house there will be a way to save her, maybe in the form of an extra dialogue option (think Pelleas from Radiant Dawn) or a paralogue.

Pretty sure we'll get similar situations for other students, we just got Lysithea's relevant info because Thanibomb immediately took a liking to her.

I've been thinking along these lines too. In the Rogersbase preview, the Nintendo rep is talking about Mercedes and hints that you may have to kill her if you pick a different house, but that recruiting her would be a way of "saving" her and changing that fate. It was surprising because I hadn't heard Nintendo say anything that explicit about having to kill other students yet. I couldn't tell if Chico from the Treehouse was being entirely literal or just echoing the sort of choices that were hyped up in Fates.

But anyway, if you do end up fighting/killing a lot of the unrecruited students, 1) that's still pretty dark and 2) Thani's source could have been speaking about Lysithea dying in their playthrough of another house. I really don't feel like IS will bake in unavoidable deaths of your playable characters, with how much the gameplay invests in each one this time around. The roster isn't that big, and it would undercut player choices.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

I've been thinking along these lines too. In the Rogersbase preview, the Nintendo rep is talking about Mercedes and hints that you may have to kill her if you pick a different house, but that recruiting her would be a way of "saving" her and changing that fate. It was surprising because I hadn't heard Nintendo say anything that explicit about having to kill other students yet. I couldn't tell if Chico from the Treehouse was being entirely literal or just echoing the sort of choices that were hyped up in Fates.

But anyway, if you do end up fighting/killing a lot of the unrecruited students, 1) that's still pretty dark and 2) Thani's source could have been speaking about Lysithea dying in their playthrough of another house. I really don't feel like IS will bake in unavoidable deaths of your playable characters, with how much the gameplay invests in each one this time around. The roster isn't that big, and it would undercut player choices.

I can't see them straight up killing off someone you've been pouring your resources into AND can recruit into other houses that easily either. Just like with Kaze/Pelleas there has to be a way to save her, or there will be a "substitute" character that inherits her stats and weapon ranks upon her departure, like Kratos and Zelos in Tales of Symphonia. Someone you've  build support with but never ended up recruiting? Sure. But someone you've already built, customized and used for 12+ story chapters and paralogues? Nah.

I'm guessing her source or Thani herself are working with incomplete information or withholding some of it for their own security/to stir up conversation about Lysithea 😛 As you said, she might just die VERY early on after the timeskip if she's not in your house, possibly the very first story chapter, and that's why the source picked up on that. Then again Thani has said that Marianne should be playable until the very end of the game so it seems now they know info about the endgame. I'd be curious to know if the people that privately talked to her more recently also asked about Lysithea and the response was still "she dies, yeah" or "can't say"...

There is no way they'll plot-kill any students affiliated with the house you choose(either the starting ones or the ones you recruit). In the really miniscule almost non existent possibility that they'll do it, it will definitely be avoidable if you fullfill some conditions. Most of the other students who are in the other houses are not safe though, there will be some blood for sure, except if there is a hidden golden ending route that noone dies.

2 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

Flame Empress actually 

That's Rinea actualy, and Spicy Girl was already taken by Flora.

And there is already a character named Flame Emperor, and now everyone is kinda confused.

If only Chinatsu haven't forgot about it...

8 hours ago, User name said:

I was thinking, if Edelgard does end up having two crests, and she keeps one of them hidden, does that make her Diavolo?

I don't think she can really hide it, wouldn't it pretty obvious to her people that she has two crests?

Since probably every emperor from Hresvelg family have both crest and she unlikely the first emperor using the bone axe.

Why would people assume that Edelgard's supposed second crest is Hresvelg anyway? If it was the crest of someone famous enough to get a capital named after them then Marianne's crest obviously wouldn't be listed as "???". It's certainly not a something that any of her ancestors had, unless maybe around the time of Seiros. The Adrestian Empire is listed specifically as being inherited by the wielder of the crest of Seiros with no other crest mentioned, and if this crest was passed down through the imperial bloodline people would know what name it's supposed to have. Most likely Edelgard finds some crest manipulation technique from the Flame Emperor or someone after beating them and uses it to give herself a second crest. The biggest and most obvious support for this theory is that her Famitsu profile literally shows her only having one crest at the start of the game.

31 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Why would people assume that Edelgard's supposed second crest is Hresvelg anyway? If it was the crest of someone famous enough to get a capital named after them then Marianne's crest obviously wouldn't be listed as "???". It's certainly not a something that any of her ancestors had, unless maybe around the time of Seiros. The Adrestian Empire is listed specifically as being inherited by the wielder of the crest of Seiros with no other crest mentioned, and if this crest was passed down through the imperial bloodline people would know what name it's supposed to have. Most likely Edelgard finds some crest manipulation technique from the Flame Emperor or someone after beating them and uses it to give herself a second crest. The biggest and most obvious support for this theory is that her Famitsu profile literally shows her only having one crest at the start of the game.

Crest of Hresvelg is mostly an assumption, the name could be something else entirely, I think most people think so because Dimitri's full name is Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd and he bears the Crest of Blaiddyd. Same thing for Claude, his last name is von Riegan and he bears the Crest of Riegan. Given that she's called Edelgard von Hresvelg, people rightfully assume her second crest is also named after her last name. Like you I also think she hasn't inherited two crests, or at the very least she can't manifest both crests at the same time. People may assume so because the game has many similarities to Genealogy regarding the  Crests and the Holy Blood, in which some characters can inherit more than one type of Holy Blood. However, in Three Houses up until now we haven't seen any character confirmed to have two crests, all characters either have one or no crest at all, while in Genealogy there were quite a few of them.  Obviously, we can't really know for sure until we get our hands on the game. As for Edelgard's crest, I speculate she'll lose the Seiros crest at least in one of the three paths at some point and gain the other crest through some unknown means. Perhaps it's indeed Marianne's crest or perhaps Edelgard indeed had two crests to begin with, it's just that one was lying dormant or hell she may get it by a totally different way.

6 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

According to Thani, it's the Crest of Maurice, not Hraesvelg.

Where did she say this - apart from Thani saying that Marianne is linked to Maurice in some way(from what I remember).

14 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Where did she say this - apart from Thani saying that Marianne is linked to Maurice in some way(from what I remember).

I just double checked, and while it wasn't specifcally called that, Vincent mentioned in this article that Thani said the crest came from Maurice.

Just now, Owain Dark said:

Thani strikes again, Claude's Wyvern is real! 

I got so excited! But let's temper ourselves, this is pre-timeskip Claud. HOWEVER, this may hint that he is indeed good at flying at could get a unique wyvern promo. So far, this could just be him as a wyvern rider.

Still very exciting!

8 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Thani strikes again, Claude's Wyvern is real! 

Well that wyvern is very clearly the generic wyvern rn but it does soft confirm Claude’s canon class will have a wyvern involved

Something tells me one of the three are always going to die in all the routes whether we chose his or her side or not.

5 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Something tells me one of the three are always going to die in all the routes whether we chose his or her side or not.

I have that feeling too. In one of the commercials, Edelgard seems to attack the blue lions/dimitri

In this trailer at 0:20 and 0:22 we see what seems to be a white wyvern. At 0:22 you can see the wyvern's leg hair which is orange-ish. That and the fact we saw Claude on a wyvern pre timeskip in the other trailer, showing us a potential strength are enough hints. I think we can say that once again Thany was right.

2 minutes ago, ShinkaiNoAki said:

At 0:22 you can see the wyvern's leg hair which is orange-ish.

I don't think that's a Wyvern, I think it's the white dragon be it Seiros or the Goddeness herself

(this frame is also featured, but longer in the 10 min trailer)

1 minute ago, Timlugia said:

I don't think that's a Wyvern, I think it's the white dragon be it Seiros or the Goddeness herself

(this frame is also featured, but longer in the 10 min trailer)

Ah true! 

Anyway the one at 0:20 is definitively a wyvern since someone is riding it.

11 hours ago, BZL8 said:

Based on what we know, my current theory is that if you choose Edelgard, you'll be killing Claude for treason when he tries to help Dimitri and Dimitri due to their clash of ideals. If you choose Dimitri, you'll be killing Edelgard to overthrow the Empire and maybe Claude if he tries to stand in his way. And if you choose Claude, you'll have to kill Dimitri after Dimitri has killed Edelgard and turned to total anarchy.

Hey, we said we wanted a dark FE game right?