Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

17 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Based on what we know, my current theory is that if you choose Edelgard, you'll be killing Claude for treason when he tries to help Dimitri and Dimitri due to their clash of ideals. If you choose Dimitri, you'll be killing Edelgard to overthrow the Empire and maybe Claude if he tries to stand in his way. And if you choose Claude, you'll have to kill Dimitri after Dimitri has killed Edelgard and turned to total anarchy.

Hey, we said we wanted a dark FE game right? 

But who will kill Byleth? 

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

But who will kill Byleth? 

Byleth will be crowned new god-emperor of Fodlan beside his harem of waifus and absolutely no one will have a problem with it.

I could see Byleth either becoming the closest advisor to each lord in their path or disappearing forever leaving legends and songs of their greatness behind.

Personally I hope the showdown with Edelgard happens in the Black Eagles route, somehow. It seems way more personal than anything we see between Byleth/Dimitri or Byleth/Claude, and it would have more impact with Edelgard being like “forgive me, teacher” if Byleth was actually, y’know, her teacher.

Here's my guesses so far:

In Edelgard's route, she killed or at least imprisoned both Dimitri and Claude to achieve her aim. She used some ruthless and questionable methods. That will eventually turn her into the final boss of this route, and Byleth have to kill her in order to stop her although they have developed some affections for each other. The scene of Byleth fighting her probably comes from this route because that fight looks like a final fight and given the important role she had if that is the final battle, that scene is likely in her own route.

In Dimitri's route, he killed the other two and died himself at the end of the route. I remember that Thani once replied somebody who didn't want to see Dimitri died canonically “Why not?“. That really makes me doubt that Dimitri will end up in tragedy in his own route and have a canonical death because he cannot recover fully from his trauma. Compared to Edelgard, I feel that his death will more likely be a self-destructive one.

Claude's route might have the lightest tone of all three. He will try to restore their friendship and Thani said that his route is 'strategic'. I wonder if that means that he will use his wits than violence to achieve his aim and try his best to avoid conflicts smartly. And I really believe that he is the one that lends the hand to Dimitri in that footage. Dimitri might be redeemed in this route and turn to Claude's side through Claude's efforts and strategy. But unlikely Edelgard will do the same. She probably died in this route.

2 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

Personally I hope the showdown with Edelgard happens in the Black Eagles route, somehow. It seems way more personal than anything we see between Byleth/Dimitri or Byleth/Claude, and it would have more impact with Edelgard being like “forgive me, teacher” if Byleth was actually, y’know, her teacher.

I agree with you on that.

Edited by genagi

3 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Byleth will be crowned new god-emperor of Fodlan beside his harem of waifus and absolutely no one will have a problem with it.

I could see Byleth either becoming the closest advisor to each lord in their path or disappearing forever leaving legends and songs of their greatness behind.

I think ending for Byleth isn't that bright...let's not forget Sothis here.

Clearly she has an agenda for Byleth, and we literally knows nothing about her, other than Nemesis used to work for her in the past. She also doesn't seem like the kind helping people out of pure good wills.

Technically Byleth died in the opening when he took an axe for Edelgard, only saved by Sothis's time power, who than berated him about "value of mortal lives". So Byleth literally lives by the mercy of Sothis the whole game, either they shared life force together or that she kept him alive with her power, consider how Byleth could use her power in the game.

What if then...Sothis turned out to be an antagonist? (again, not a stretch consider Nemesis)

Game could turned out like Byleth defeated Sothis, but dies as well just like Robin.

On the side note, Edelgard certainly owns Byleth her life, maybe it would be bring up later in the story like the dueling scene.

Edited by Timlugia

I suspect that the Black Eagles route split mentioned in the leak is whether or not Byleth turns agianst Edelgard or stays with her until the end. Though I'm hoping that the conflict always happen and the real split is whether Byleth defeats Edelgard or Edelgard defeats Byleth and takes over as the player character. This would explain why she's apparently the only bi lord in the game and also why there are more lesbian than gay options in the game. Only thing that would need explaining is how she takes over the Divine Pulse from byleth but it seems that Sothis will enter the real world and then the rewinding power should be tied to her rather than Byleth.

5 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Based on what we know, my current theory is that if you choose Edelgard, you'll be killing Claude for treason when he tries to help Dimitri and Dimitri due to their clash of ideals. If you choose Dimitri, you'll be killing Edelgard to overthrow the Empire and maybe Claude if he tries to stand in his way. And if you choose Claude, you'll have to kill Dimitri after Dimitri has killed Edelgard and turned to total anarchy.

What I meant was the same leader perishing regardless of what path was chosen (Dimitri dies on all three paths; even though Byleth joined Blue Lions and is on the same team as Dimitri, Dimitri still perishes).

7 hours ago, Book Bro said:

There was the bit where someone in holding their hand out to Dimitri during Claude's narrated portion of the E3 trailer, so I figure you may end up reconciling the two Lords in his route, but only after casualties on all sides. 

On 7/4/2019 at 8:06 PM, Timlugia said:

Technically Byleth died in the opening when he took an axe for Edelgard, only saved by Sothis's time power, who than berated him about "value of mortal lives". So Byleth literally lives by the mercy of Sothis the whole game, either they shared life force together or that she kept him alive with her power, consider how Byleth could use her power in the game.

I can't get over how retarded it is for Byleth, a guy who is supposedly a prodigy enough to be a teacher in the  school for guiding the elites, died by taking a random bandit shitty axe. What the hell. It's very bad convenience.

Heck, I half mind killing Sothis just to spite her and her offer. 😛

On 7/4/2019 at 6:25 PM, genagi said:

Here's my guesses so far:

In Edelgard's route, she killed or at least imprisoned both Dimitri and Claude to achieve her aim. She used some ruthless and questionable methods. That will eventually turn her into the final boss of this route, and Byleth have to kill her in order to stop her although they have developed some affections for each other. The scene of Byleth fighting her probably comes from this route because that fight looks like a final fight and given the important role she had if that is the final battle, that scene is likely in her own route.

In Dimitri's route, he killed the other two and died himself at the end of the route. I remember that Thani once replied somebody who didn't want to see Dimitri died canonically “Why not?“. That really makes me doubt that Dimitri will end up in tragedy in his own route and have a canonical death because he cannot recover fully from his trauma. Compared to Edelgard, I feel that his death will more likely be a self-destructive one.

Claude's route might have the lightest tone of all three. He will try to restore their friendship and Thani said that his route is 'strategic'. I wonder if that means that he will use his wits than violence to achieve his aim and try his best to avoid conflicts smartly. And I really believe that he is the one that lends the hand to Dimitri in that footage. Dimitri might be redeemed in this route and turn to Claude's side through Claude's efforts and strategy. But unlikely Edelgard will do the same. She probably died in this route.

I agree with you on that.

It would annoy me A LOT if there was an obvious canon ending. But it would also amuse that the canon ending is not the waifu ending. 😛

I dunno how I'll feel if your main character decided to say screw it and the face of their houses become final boss because X, since you know, you choose their side.
But I don't mind a fight between them in middle of the path though.

Edited by B.Leu

How the story will play out for each house will be interesting for sure but there's still a lot of unanswered plot questions and character motivations plus some other details as well like... 

- What exactly is Byleth's role in the Story beside being an avatar/ protagonist, what their crest is their time travel? Or forsight powers relationship with Sothis their parallel with Nemesis and how it affects the World

- The whole church is secretly evil conspiracy relationship with Adrestian Empire Churches true goal secret enemies of the church what role the Night Crawlers will play etc

I have some theories based on the info we have so far but I'm pretty sure more is at stake besides pick a house and kill other house fight church and kill final boss (or at least I hope so) I have a feeling that the night crawlers aren't as evil as what they appear to be (at least from a perspective) I have a crack theory that... 

Spoiler

The Leader of the Night Crawlers Thales? is Byleths  biological father and the church took him? When he was a baby and gave him to Jerald to raise so they can control/keep an eye on him. They do have the same crest as the churches ancestral enemy after all. Seems like they are trying to resurrect the Liberation King Nemesis and Byleth or someone with blood relations/ crests is needed for the ritual Thales was doing in a trailer. Though that may not be true since later trailers shows byleth fight what looks like a resurrected nemesis recent trailer makes it more obvious that Edelgard is a parallel to Seiros and Byleth is a parallel to Nemesis who clearly where enemies in the past 

Edited by Aquarius

I'm not sure on the role of Byleth, but from what we know it seems that the Church wants to resurrect Seiros, and the Nightcrawlers want to resurrect Nemesis.

It's Ruby and Sapphire bascially, maybe Byleth will be our Rayquaza. Yes, I'm proud of this analogy rofl.

9 minutes ago, timon said:

I'm not sure on the role of Byleth, but from what we know it seems that the Church wants to resurrect Seiros, and the Nightcrawlers want to resurrect Nemesis.

It's Ruby and Sapphire bascially, maybe Byleth will be our Rayquaza. Yes, I'm proud of this analogy rofl.

Ah I didn't think about the churches goal could be resurrecting Seiros but yes that's a possibility (it would make sense as well) and I love that analogy only question is which is team magma and which is team aqua!! Oh and that 

Spoiler

Dragon in the recent trailer could be related to seiros or seiros herself 

Edited by Aquarius

Just need to clarify, church wants to resurrect "the goddess". But somehow Seiros escaped from her tomb according to Mercedes.

So either Seiros is one and the same as the goddess, or that both of them got resurrected, along with Nemesis.

We don't know why she simply left instead joining the church, or that why she left a sword behind for Byleth.

We also don't know who the white dragon is, since on the mural it's between Seiros and goddess, so it's likely either one of them is, or that again both of them are dragons.

Edited by Timlugia

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

Just need to clarify, church wants to resurrect "the goddess". But somehow Seiros escaped from her tomb according to Mercedes.

So either Seiros is one and the same as the goddess, or that both of them got resurrected, along with Nemesis.

We don't know why she simply left instead joining the church, or that why she left a sword behind for Byleth.

We also don't know who the white dragon is, since on the mural it's between Seiros and goddess, so it's likely either one of them is, or that again both of them are dragons.

There are two possibilities: either someone stole her corpse or her corpse was never there to begin with. If it's the latter, there is also the possibility that she never died in the first place.

I doubt Seiros is the same as the Goddess. First of all, Rhea herself is refering to the ritual as "Resurrection of the Goddess", while Mercedes refers to Seiros as just "Saint Seiros". Given that everyone in the monastery probably knows the basics of the Seiros's religion, I doubt the goddess and Seiros are the same person, or Mercedes would refer to her as just "Goddess". Second of all, the figure above everyone else in the mural if you watch closely has: pointy ears, a tiara with symbols similar to tiara Sothis wears and she also has the same hair bangs as Sothis. In addition to that, the figure kneeling below the goddess and the dragon is most definitely Seiros, she wields the spaghetti sword, has a feminine figure and similar attire to Seiros from the trailers. There is a clear distinction between the two I think. From what we know the person most likely to be the Goddess is Sothis.

Sothis is definitely a manakete. I mean pointy ears is a dead giveaway. In one of the trailers we see someone's pupils turning into slit dragon pupils. That person could be either Rhea or Seiros based on the hairstyle, I''m leaning more towards Rhea. But if Rhea is a manakete, then Seiros was definitely a manakete too, so it doesn't really change much whose pupils those were. Aside from the white dragon, we can see more dragons floating. And if Seiros and Sothis were manaketes, there were probably more manaketes aswell. I am thinking they may pull something similar to FE4, the dragons making a pact with humans and transfering some of their power to them, which is also then passed down to their offsprings. Instead of Holy Blood, they named it Crests. It's also worth noting the names Seiros and Sothis basically have the same etymology, correct me if I'm wrong but both translate to something like "star of the dawn" or something like that. This could potentially mean they are basically the two sides of the "Goddess", however, remember that's just my speculation.

As for the white dragon, it could potentially be Seiros resurrected in dragon form. It bears her crest, looks evil and bone-y, and from one trailer it looks like it is rising from the ground, so it's most definitely getting resurrected and controlled by some evil guy. Or it could be another manakete/dragon, who knows.

Edited by Zoderos
Typos

On 07/04/19 at 1:43 PM, AsherCrane said:

There was the bit where someone in holding their hand out to Dimitri during Claude's narrated portion of the E3 trailer, so I figure you may end up reconciling the two Lords in his route, but only after casualties on all sides. 

That might've been Dedue comforting Dimitri after one of his flashbacks. Remember, the prince's parents were killed by bandits and Dedue was probably one of them.

I agree with the theory that Sothis is most likely the Goddess, there is a fair amount of details that support this theory (other than the one you already noted):

- Sothis has small black "bangs" on her headpiece, similar to the Goddess in the mural
- IIRC her description says something along the lines of "looks young but is actually old", which yeah, is a description of a generic manakete, but also could be a hint
- the Goddess doesn't have a name yet
- in the first trailer we see a woman that holds tightly Byleth(Nemesis)'s sword, the artwork of Sothis depicts her with that same sword
- she apparently only "appears" to Byleth (even though she's a playable unit? They'll have to explain that one lol), now manakete are magical, but entering the mind is on another level

2 hours ago, Timlugia said:

The very first trailer hints to Seiros being a separate being from the goddess. The dragon is most likely Seiros herself. To clarify the bone dragon bares a striking resemblance to the one shown in the first trailer. We do know that Edelgard has a miner crest of seiros and that the Adrestian Empire is related to the Church. Also Edelgard's post time skip attire has horns that resemble the bone dragon and dragon in the first trailer. So bone Dragon couldn't be sothis considering she has what looks like the crest of flames on here attire the same one as byleth and possibly nemesis. For sure Sothis is some kind of dragon just not the one shown in the first trailer and the bone one. Also the horns on the bone dragon's head looks like the same ones on Edelgard's crown as well as the first dragon in the trailer

34 minutes ago, timon said:

I agree with the theory that Sothis is most likely the Goddess, there is a fair amount of details that support this theory (other than the one you already noted):

- Sothis has small black "bangs" on her headpiece, similar to the Goddess in the mural
- IIRC her description says something along the lines of "looks young but is actually old", which yeah, is a description of a generic manakete, but also could be a hint
- the Goddess doesn't have a name yet
- in the first trailer we see a woman that holds tightly Byleth(Nemesis)'s sword, the artwork of Sothis depicts her with that same sword
- she apparently only "appears" to Byleth (even though she's a playable unit? They'll have to explain that one lol), now manakete are magical, but entering the mind is on another level

I like the theory that Sothis is the Goddess herself she apparently has the ability to give revelations? Or forsight to Byleth in another trailer. "Both sides of history is shown to you" plus the whole seeing your own death thing as well point to this. The only issue with the Sothis=Goddess theory is that Sothis looks nothing like what the goddess looked like in the first trailer unless that wasn't the goddess either. There also the 3rd hooded women with Seiro's sword shown in the portrait in the first trailer.  She could be eithier seiros or edelgard's ancestor the first ruler of the Adrestian Empire. Seiros holding Nemesis sword is mostly likely after he was defeated in their battle.  If the green haired lady shown in the first trailer is indeed seiros herself. Though maybe the dragon in the first trailer portrait was indeed Sothis and she got betrayed or staged a revolt against the Goddess and was killed? Or sealed away. Would make sense why her crest? has been erased from history and why Nemesis/Byleth's Crest Of Flame is keep a Mystery from the world. 

49 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I like the theory that Sothis is the Goddess herself she apparently has the ability to give revelations? Or forsight to Byleth in another trailer. "Both sides of history is shown to you" plus the whole seeing your own death thing as well point to this. The only issue with the Sothis=Goddess theory is that Sothis looks nothing like what the goddess looked like in the first trailer unless that wasn't the goddess either. There also the 3rd hooded women with Seiro's sword shown in the portrait in the first trailer.  She could be eithier seiros or edelgard's ancestor the first ruler of the Adrestian Empire. Seiros holding Nemesis sword is mostly likely after he was defeated in their battle.  If the green haired lady shown in the first trailer is indeed seiros herself. Though maybe the dragon in the first trailer portrait was indeed Sothis and she got betrayed or staged a revolt against the Goddess and was killed? Or sealed away. Would make sense why her crest? has been erased from history and why Nemesis/Byleth's Crest Of Flame is keep a Mystery from the world. 

The green haired warrior woman shown in the trailers is almost certainly Seiros. She is also the hooded figure with the sword in the mural below the white dragon.

Well, Sothis' ability is called "Divine Pulse" right?

Maybe Sothis is the goddess afterall, I have a theory that church tried to summon the goddess in the ritual we read about, but they didn't know her true identity since it has been centuries since anyone contacted her, turned out Sothis was summoned as the result. Mural was purely based on imagination, rather than her true form

On the other hand, even if Sothis was the goddess, we also don't know if "little girl" was her true appearance either, since it's only a telepathy in Byleth's mind, her real form could look very different. Like how Naga states that she could also take forms in mighty warrior or innocent child.

Edited by Timlugia

4 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

On the other hand, even if Sothis was the goddess, we also don't know if "little girl" was her true appearance either, since it's only a telepathy in Byleth's mind, her real form could look very different. Like how Naga states that she could also take forms in mighty warrior or innocent child.

Thani implied here that she won't look like a child after the timeskip, so I think you're right about that.

4 hours ago, BastienSoul said:

Thani implied here that she won't look like a child after the timeskip, so I think you're right about that.

How inconceivable ! That would mean there wouldn't be a loli anymore ! 😛

19 hours ago, Aquarius said:

Hide contents

The Leader of the Night Crawlers Thales? is Byleths  biological father and the church took him? When he was a baby and gave him to Jerald to raise so they can control/keep an eye on him. They do have the same crest as the churches ancestral enemy after all. Seems like they are trying to resurrect the Liberation King Nemesis and Byleth or someone with blood relations/ crests is needed for the ritual Thales was doing in a trailer. Though that may not be true since later trailers shows byleth fight what looks like a resurrected nemesis recent trailer makes it more obvious that Edelgard is a parallel to Seiros and Byleth is a parallel to Nemesis who clearly where enemies in the past 

If that's true, I'd like for it to be a full on evil route just for that, that's be rad ! "Papa, can I join you and spread terror ?" "That's my boy !"
...Better father than Garon confirmed.

More seriously, I think it would be a pretty cool twist. One would say it's like Awakening Fate and even Echoes... but well, Awakening and Fates did jack, and Echoes did it right. So I have no problem with them redeeming the two other who failed and did nothing with it.
I mean, hopefully.