Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

6 minutes ago, Popers1328 said:

I mean, self-insert protagonist and isekai-protagonists aren't really the same thing.

But yeah, I don't see them giving the three main lords unique classes and not Byleth, especially since Robin and Corrin both have unique classes (not counting children, heart seals, or weird stuff like that.)

Sword Infantry Byleth

Axe Armor Edelgard

Lance Cavalry Dimitri

Bow Flyer Claud

Yeah, that gives us a bit of everything. Even if they don't get unique classes, these are still probably the cannon promotions for them.

I was joking about the isekai part, i meant the "wish fulfillment" part, which may still apply to self-insert types.

And Byleth's will appear in Heroes and Warriors 2 eventually, and i assume they will have a personality in those spin-off's

Unless they will have Sothis tallk instead, which could be interesting.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

How about instead of discussing the leak's credibility, because there's really nothing else that can be added, we talk about the content of the leak and discuss our opinions if it is indeed real. For example:

I thought at most Rhea would be an Emmeryn type character who is on our side but is still an NPC, if she wasn't outright a villain, but she's apparently playable, so question is, what class is she, how will she fight? I would love to see her riding a Pegasus having access to both Reason and Faith magic.

I'm pretty sure I saw that Rhea was playable but not necessary not-evil in the leaks. And I personally think she would be something like an infantry unit using Faith magic.

If the leaks are real, I'm pretty exited about the post time-skip thing! I also wonder if Sylvain will survive... Since Lysithea apparently dies no matter what, maybe actually one character in each house die to keep the balance? If it's the case I don't think this character would be a female for the Blue Lions since the girls are already a minority... And there should be a way to save them (like for Kaze in Birthrights) because losing a strong unit is frustrating.

Just wondering, what real evidence we have so far that Rhea was evil, other than one line of she passes strict judgement on her enemy? We don't even know what kind enemy being mentioned here, knowing how Fire Emblem works, they could be another totally nonredeemable doomsday cultist group. (We already saw enemy called "cultists" in the last publishes)

4 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Just wondering, what real evidence we have so far that Rhea was evil, other than one line of she passes strict judgement on her enemy? We don't even know what kind enemy being mentioned here, knowing how Fire Emblem works, they could be another totally nonredeemable doomsday cultist group. (We already saw enemy called "cultists" in the last publishes)

Well she is a archbishop of the church ( in a japanese RPG,so that is always nice),and she looks kinda creepy.

She reminds me of Amalthus from Xenoblade 2, who was a very NICE guy actually.

1 minute ago, User name said:

Well she is a archbishop of the church ( in a japanese RPG,so that is always nice),and she looks kinda creepy.

She reminds me of Amalthus from Xenoblade 2, who was a very NICE guy actually.

Well, technically Saint Heim, Emmeryn, Chorm, Tiki were all in the same role. We also had the previous Exalt who launched a crusade over decades against Grimleals..

5 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Well, technically Saint Heim, Emmeryn, Chorm, Tiki were all in the same role. We also had the previous Exalt who launched a crusade over decades against Grimleals..

It's not evil if MC or his/her allies does that ;):

Also its important to remember that Rhea being playable does not prevent her from being "evil"

FE had playable antagonists before (Black knight,Gangrel,Aversa,Wallhart).

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

It's all conjecture, but: (1) there's the fact that Byleth shares a crest with Sothis and the "Liberation King" Nemesis, and the latter was shown in conflict against the Divine Seiros, whom Rhea seems to parallel in the present day. 

(2) Then there's the screenshots of the player fighting Western Church Soldiers. 

(3) Then there's her twitter bio. 

If you want to go much deeper into conjecture, there's the fact that Byleth seems to draw their time reversal powers from Sothis, who's almost certainly a manakete, and who has various design parallels to Seiros/Rhea — which suggests to me that at least the Seiros is also a manakete, but maybe Rhea as well.

The way the Divine Seiros stood motionlessly amidst the battle, and the way a soldier jumped out to defend her at the least second, suggests that she also possesses a form of temporal manipulation. With the affiliation between Sothis and Byleth, and seemingly Sothis and the rebelling Nemesis, it seems like the plot could be set-up for Sothis to be a Lucifer-type figure. (But good? Maybe the ~actual~ representative of the Goddess? Who knows.)

15 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

It's all conjecture, but: (1) there's the fact that Byleth shares a crest with Sothis and the "Liberation King" Nemesis, and the latter was shown in conflict against the Divine Seiros, whom Rhea seems to parallel in the present day. 

(2) Then there's the screenshots of the player fighting Western Church Soldiers. 

(3) Then there's her twitter bio. 

If you want to go much deeper into conjecture, there's the fact that Byleth seems to draw their time reversal powers from Sothis, who's almost certainly a manakete, and who has various design parallels to Seiros/Rhea — which suggests to me that at least the Seiros is also a manakete, but maybe Rhea as well.

The way the Divine Seiros stood motionlessly amidst the battle, and the way a soldier jumped out to defend her at the least second, suggests that she also possesses a form of temporal manipulation. With the affiliation between Sothis and Byleth, and seemingly Sothis and the rebelling Nemesis, it seems like the plot could be set-up for Sothis to be a Lucifer-type figure. (But good? Maybe the ~actual~ representative of the Goddess? Who knows.)

Yeah,and the fact that Rhea's ears are conveniently cover up, to potentialy hide that she may be a manakete, and her smile is reallyyyy creapy.

And she also wants Byleth to be near her, she even made them a teacher, why not Jeralt? Who is obviously more expirenced than Byleth.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, you know how it goes...

Edited by User name

9 minutes ago, Dottano said:

Well if understood, lysithea will die and it's unevitable ? Sorry but it didn't find any clear information about that. 

If you trust the leaks, yeah. Thani basically said that the crest experimentation on Lysithea shortened her life and she had 5 years left to live, which is the time skip length.

23 minutes ago, User name said:

Yeah,and the fact that Rhea's ears are conveniently cover up, to potentialy hide that she may be a manakete, and her smile is reallyyyy creapy.

Yesss I noticed the covered ears thing!!! Also at the end of the 2nd trailers (around 5:03), the way she smiles and the shadow on her face is pretty creepy too! And everything happening at the end of this trailer seems tragic and she's here, smiling creepily.

I wouldn't be surprised that St. Serios and Rhea are both manakete from their appearance (green hair, green eye female wielding powers), and as mentioned, not showing ears.

My problem with "church/Rhea is inherently evil" is that so far every description about the Church except one vague line about Rhea is positive: The lore states they were the keeper of peace, how they stop three countries fighting recently; how Jeralt willing to come back to work for them with his child; and how three countries all sent their best students to the church (wouldn't make sense if Church was an Empire's puppet or propaganda machine), There is currently no mention on any atrocity committed by the church. Edelgard also blamed the Crest rather than the Church in the trailer.

The more "leaks" they say the more I tend to doubt them, due to how specific and weird some of them are. Especially since in the beginning they made a point about not revealing story elements, then did so with Dimitri and Lysithea, and seem really biased towards those characters and Claude. 

As for if the leaks themselves, I like most of them if they are true. 4 non-converging routes would be great, and different characters in all 4 is even better. World building and darker story is also welcome. I guess we'll know soon enough if they're real or not.

I'm having doubts that the woman in Trailer 1(if she is Seiros) is a manakete. I say this because Edelgard and the rest of the von Hresvelgr lineage bears the Crest of Seiros, meaning they are descended from Seiros. This would either mean that Seiros is a human and as a result would have human descendants, or if the woman in Trailer 1 is a manakete, the Empirical lineage of Adrestia has dragon blood as well as Seiros crest blood.

In addition, if Rhea is also descended from this woman in Trailer 1, she would be a very distant relative of the Adrestrian Royal family, and maybe bears a major crest of Seiros? Revealed later in the story?

It would depends on the origin of the church: Did Seiros created the current church herself? (like as an imperial cult) or the Church was created in the later times by people worshiping her?

If it's the former, then Edelgard should be related to Rhea somehow (could be very distant through), if it was the later, the two could be completely unrelated.

I am also very puzzled by how Nemesis is also known as Adrasteia, why would St. Serios using the name of enemy for her empire?

Edited by Timlugia

7 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

It would depends on the origin of the church: Did Seiros created the current church herself? (like as an imperial cult) or the Church was created in the later times by people worshiping her?

If it's the former, then Edelgard should be related to Rhea somehow (could be very distant through), if it was the later, the two could be completely unrelated.

I think after the wars between Nemesis' and Seiros' armies, the Adrestrian Empire was established with the divine Seiros leading it, grasping the entire continent of Fódlan. Over time, a religious faction known as the Church of Seiros said to be followers of Seiros was formed, with heavy links to the empire due to their following of Seiros, and the empire being lead by Seiros' descendants. If this is how it went I have 2 major questions:

Why does the Church have so much power over Fódlan? Is it due to some kind of dominion over the crests?

That would mean that Rhea wouldn't be a descendant of Seiros, but perhaps she is a descendant of the woman in Trailer 1, who is one of the major leaders of the Church and a follower of Seiros, not Seiros herself.

I was assuming the woman in trailer one was Seiros herself, due to also being depict on the mural (but with hood on).

I think the church is powerful because of the goddess, she's likely actively interceding somehow in Foldlan.

We don't know what exactly the goddess looks like, she's almost certainly a white Divine Dragon from the previous Famitsu posts, but no in game reference at all so far. (We don't know her actual looks, her name or how she communicated with church) Or that what's her relationship with Sothis either.

According to ThaniBomb in a post made very recently, Rhea is romancable by both male and female Byleth, Idk if they just forgot but I don't think this was a detail they mentioned before.

I'm going the "cautious optimist" route and am entertaining the idea of the leak being real. Even if it is all crap, it did spark interest in me for Three Houses again, so I look forward to official information that confirms or denies the leaks.

If we want to get into theories again, it is possible that some of the leaks are real while others are deliberately false (so there is a benefit of a doubt that the user is just making "accurate guesses" instead of actual leaks). But, I don't feel like going down that rabbit hole at the moment. Waiting and seeing what happens seems like the wisest idea.

Back to speculations though, Byleth "apparently" not being customizable is mind-boggling to me. I get that the model is used in cutscenes, but there's nothing we can change, such as hair-color and other facial features? One of the biggest draws of an Avatar character is the customization aspect, unless for some reason they are removing the Avatar and are simply just having players use Byleth as the protagonist (in a male or female version). Then again, the info was from an early build, so maybe avatar customization is added in later down the line, who knows.

Then, if the 4 routes are true and Edelgard gets 2, I want to say Edelgard's 2nd route may lead to the "true ending" or is an alternative "ruthless/evil" route. Going down this "2nd path", I can see it being more focused on Edelgard fully rejecting the Crests while everyone else supports them. Due to Edelgard's "rebellion," this draws attention from outside factions and may lead to the "true ending" of the game. It may not be a happily ever after and characters may die in the process, but the world will be in a better place overall after it is all done and over with.
The thing that will suck the most is not being able to recruit everyone on a single file, unless there is a post-game section that hasn't been revealed yet (if it exists). I know I wanted to have maxed out characters on my three Fate paths, but I never got around to doing that since I got burnt out with Fates.

36 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

According to ThaniBomb in a post made very recently, Rhea is romancable by both male and female Byleth, Idk if they just forgot but I don't think this was a detail they mentioned before.

Now I'm even more in doubt of all this.

Okay folks, let's remember who was available for gay marriage in Fates: Niles and Rhajat. One Birthright, one Conquest, both Revelation. Balanced.

Who do we have so far in Three Houses according to thanibomb? Edelgard, Dorothea, Sothis, and Rhea. Two Black Eagles and two (presumably) neutral. Four options, yet two houses are just missing, and in order to balance it out there would need to be two in each of those houses, for a total eight gay/bi women in the game...so far. thanibomb mentioned that there are fewer gay/bi men, but there would still likely need to be at least six to get anywhere close to the amount of balance Nintendo would want.

Impossible? No. But I find it extremely doubtful that Nintendo is going to suddenly ramp up their LGBT representation in this, especially with one of them being Rhea. Remember, this is the company that patched out gay marriage from Tomodachi Life (yes, I know it was technically a glitch), gave us Soleil in Fates, and as recently as Breath of the Wild had a very blatant transgender stereotype.

Let's say Nintendo does plan to keep gay marriage options for this game and even devotes themselves to doing it better this time around. Realistically, I see one man and one woman from each house being bisexual, at most (there won't be anyone strictly gay). Maybe one of each from neutral territory as well, so that no matter which house and which gender you pick there are two gay options.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:21 AM, Jingle Jangle said:

I don't understand most of the questions being asked. Why most of the commentators focus on the story/ characters and very few respond about the gameplay. No questions like:

• How hard is the game?
  • Are most the maps route based?
  • What does "subpar" mean?
  • Is the monastery a good hub?
  • Are the maps big or small?
  • Is reclassing that important?
  • How goes the turnwheel work in this game?

But the story? That has to be center stage.

People are asking those question they're either going unanswered or getting a "idk", which makes sense according to his other claims. While one's like "how hard is it" and "what does 'subpar' mean, are pretty subjective, especially since they're getting their info from in sources. 

What's so wrong about being concerned about the story? It seems interesting, and people like stories and characters. Half of what makes Fire Emblem appealing is the characters. Especially after the trainwreck Fates was, people are even more concerned.

20 minutes ago, Florete said:

Now I'm even more in doubt of all this.

Okay folks, let's remember who was available for gay marriage in Fates: Niles and Rhajat. One Birthright, one Conquest, both Revelation. Balanced.

Who do we have so far in Three Houses according to thanibomb? Edelgard, Dorothea, Sothis, and Rhea. Two Black Eagles and two (presumably) neutral. Four options, yet two houses are just missing, and in order to balance it out there would need to be two in each of those houses, for a total eight gay/bi women in the game...so far. thanibomb mentioned that there are fewer gay/bi men, but there would still likely need to be at least six to get anywhere close to the amount of balance Nintendo would want.

Impossible? No. But I find it extremely doubtful that Nintendo is going to suddenly ramp up their LGBT representation in this, especially with one of them being Rhea. Remember, this is the company that patched out gay marriage from Tomodachi Life (yes, I know it was technically a glitch), gave us Soleil in Fates, and as recently as Breath of the Wild had a very blatant transgender stereotype.

Let's say Nintendo does plan to keep gay marriage options for this game and even devotes themselves to doing it better this time around. Realistically, I see one man and one woman from each house being bisexual, at most (there won't be anyone strictly gay). Maybe one of each from neutral territory as well, so that no matter which house and which gender you pick there are two gay options.

This is definitely the least plausible part of this leak, and the part of this I can see being fake if the rest is real, it's sad  but I guess Thani decided to ramp up hype by including more LGBT units alongside what they already knew? 

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Forgot? More like made up :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Forgot? More like made up :rolleyes:

Thani definitely has credibility, and I definitely have faith that at least some of this stuff they've said is legit. However, it's common for leakers to throw in stuff that isn't true along with stuff that is, and the fact that the Rhea detail was revealed much later after being ignored when asked about lesbian relationships beforehand says to me that the LGBT stuff is a bit fake. A lot of the other stuff has been heavily alluded to however, and due to their prediction of Rhea's name before it's reveal I have faith in at least some of this.

7 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Thani definitely has credibility, and I definitely have faith that at least some of this stuff they've said is legit. However, it's common for leakers to throw in stuff that isn't true along with stuff that is, and the fact that the Rhea detail was revealed much later after being ignored when asked about lesbian relationships beforehand says to me that the LGBT stuff is a bit fake. A lot of the other stuff has been heavily alluded to however, and due to their prediction of Rhea's name before it's reveal I have faith in at least some of this.

Okay, but why would Thani throw a lie now? Like I get leakers throwing some false news here and there (Well, in this case not really, looking at how much in the open everything is) but it's a different story for them to wait all that time, only to NOW say how Rhea might be a LGBT option, and I refuse to believe they forgot about it looking at how they remembered her name.

Also speaking of names,  knowing a character's name is NOTHING in comparison to getting information about some of the other stuff Thani talked about. I know some people feel like Thani knowing Rhea's name is a proof of something big, but to me it's not.