Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

I don't understand most of the questions being asked. Why most of the commentators focus on the story/ characters and very few respond about the gameplay. No questions like:

• How hard is the game?
  • Are most the maps route based?
  • What does "subpar" mean?
  • Is the monastery a good hub?
  • Are the maps big or small?
  • Is reclassing that important?
  • How goes the turnwheel work in this game?

But the story? That has to be center stage.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Crecentful said:

Just from going back over some of the information again probably the biggest red flag for me is the idea that the Monastery will slowly become less and less relevant as the game progresses.

Up until now all information we've received about the game is centred primarily on the Monastery, its where we interact with our units, where we equip skills and weapons, buy soldiers etc. So for all that to be completely gone or awkwardly implemented by some other means after the timeskip raises a few eyebrows for me.

The Monastery being focused on a lot could be to throw us off when this game gets really dark or just simply because it's marketable.
Anyway I've compiled a couple of comments made from u/thanibomb over the past few weeks which could say something about his credibility:

Exhibit A -

Spoiler

5cdc3af196286_ExhibitA.thumb.PNG.294a980cee779e3510325255c344f2bd.PNG
5 days ago he said that crests were similar to Holy Blood - when today we got the reveal of "Major" and "Minor" Crests. But yeah I've seen people make the crest = Holy Blood link before. The spiritual successor to Genealogy could also refer to the 5 year timeskip Idk.

Exhibit B - 

Spoiler

5cdc3af39857f_ExhibitB.PNG.e0db9ceb6ccc1228c3a6911750c75825.PNG

The name Setes was first mentioned by him 9 days ago - so it's possible he made up this name and decided to go with it when he made the AMA thread in about a week's time. If Setes is revealed to be his name I'd say we've got a strong case on our hands.

Exhibit C - 

Spoiler

5cdc3af526a25_ExhibitC.PNG.f5320552ca751c27b9bedfa3dbaedf29.PNG

He says Wyvern doesn't suit him here, nearly 2 weeks before the AMA. But in the AMA he says that it aparently suits Claude? A bit strange. It all seems as though he's just throwing in the wyvern thing as a hint almost.

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

The Monastery being focused on a lot could be to throw us off when this game gets really dark or just simply because it's marketable.
Anyway I've compiled a couple of comments made from u/thanibomb over the past few weeks which could say something about his credibility:

Exhibit A -

Hide contents

5 days ago he said that crests were similar to Holy Blood - when today we got the reveal of "Major" and "Minor" Crests. But yeah I've seen people make the crest = Holy Blood link before. The spiritual successor to Genealogy could also refer to the 5 year timeskip Idk.

Exhibit B - 

Hide contents

The name Setes was first mentioned by him 9 days ago - so it's possible he made up this name and decided to go with it when he made the AMA thread in about a week's time. If Setes is revealed to be his name I'd say we've got a strong case on our hands.

Exhibit C - 

Hide contents

He says Wyvern doesn't suit him here, nearly 2 weeks before the AMA. But in the AMA he says that it aparently suits Claude? A bit strange. It all seems as though he's just throwing in the wyvern thing as a hint almost.

The only thing is if he was told all this info recently...but then again, he did say all his info was from the early build of the game from his sources...

R.I.P.

5 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

The only thing is if he was told all this info recently...but then again, he did say all his info was from the early build of the game from his sources...

R.I.P.

It's hurting my head - but the more I think about it the more sad I am that it could be wrong. I'm gonna cry. If he did get this info from an early build from his sources it would make sense he would be dropping breadcrumbs in other threads like he said.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

It's hurting my head - but the more I think about it the more sad I am that it could be wrong. I'm gonna cry.

Mission failed, we'll getim next time

Ah well, at least there's my game I'm working on...so uh, get hyped? Idk

*breaksdown in tears*

Edited by Dinar87

1 minute ago, Dinar87 said:

Mission failed, we'll getim next time

Ah well, at least there's my game I'm working on...so uh, get hyped? Idk

*breaksdown in tears*

You don't know how much I've thought about Armoured Kaiser Edelgard with hairbuns and Wyvern Archer Claude for the past 6 hours. 

Yeah at least that doesn't have the possibility of being subpar...eh...right?

10 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Exhibit A -

Hide contents

Exhibit B - 

Hide contents

Exhibit C - 

Hide contents

I doubt IS would make such a major and pivotal mechanic like the Monastery only for it to be abandoned mid way through the game. It would be like if you could no longer access My Castle halfway through Fates, just seems very weird and implausible to me.

On the subject of credibility the stuff the leakers said before seems very wishy washy, I think his credibility hinges on whether the names of the unrevealed characters he's named are right or not at this point.

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

ThaniBomb is a friend of mine so I'm actually going to think he has credible information. 

Let’s hope so, I actually really like some of the stuff leaked here.

I'm assuming we'll get the advisors name relatively soon, since we're getting Hannemann most likely this week on Saturday I can see the advisors being the following Saturday, so we've got a bit of time to wait unless anymore tidbits of information line up with what ThaniBomb has said.

Usually leakers make new accounts when leaking stuff I'm pretty sure so if this dude's reputation is on the line I guess that makes it a bit more credible.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

ThaniBomb is a friend of mine so I'm actually going to think he has credible information. 

You bonded over your mutual love for Micaiah, I wonder ? :D

28 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I don't understand most of the questions being asked. Why most of the commentators focus on the story/ characters and very few respond about the gameplay. No questions like:

• How hard is the game?
  • Are most the maps route based?
  • What does "subpar" mean?
  • Is the monastery a good hub?
  • Are the maps big or small?
  • Is reclassing that important?
  • How goes the turnwheel work in this game?

But the story? That has to be center stage.

I have heard that’s what the people at that reddit want, from what I have heard from peeps in “The Last to Post Wins” thread.

6 minutes ago, MMXZero said:

No Tharja/Camilla fanservice character is a no go for me. 

Nintendo needs to work harder for that $100 dollars. 

More like $69 dollarydoos in this case ;)))

Anyways, I don't have much more to say, other than I hope the game will be good like this "leak"

Edited by Dinar87

Like what some say which makes this even more unbelievable is I severely doubt they'll throw away the school mechanic midway through a timeskip(which you can technically already do through the calendar system so what would even be the point again?) They pretty much made the Monastery a pivotal major focus in the game I can still see the serious elements in the story while still being there. This hinges on those names for those unannounced characters.

15 minutes ago, Crecentful said:

I doubt IS would make such a major and pivotal mechanic like the Monastery only for it to be abandoned mid way through the game. It would be like if you could no longer access My Castle halfway through Fates, just seems very weird and implausible to me.

That's my take too. Not impossible, but  implausible. Before the latest Famitsu update I'd have been more optimistic regarding this, but... That update shows that the Monastery thing is a lot more in-depth than I first though and it makes a time skip (outside of very endgame events) seems unlikely.

It's possible that all those mechanisms could be tweaked for a post time-skip non-school environment (like training camps for your army which hopefully wouldn't involve making the Empress pull weeds) or replaced with something else entirely, but... it would mean that this game would be simply gigantic, completely outside the scale of any prior FE game before. I certainly won't complain if the leaks are true (what I read of them anyway), but it feel more like wishful thinking than anything else to me.

2 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Like what some say which makes this even more unbelievable is I severely doubt they'll throw away the school mechanic midway through a timeskip(which you can technically already do through the calendar system so what would even be the point again?) They pretty much made the Monastery a pivotal major focus in the game I can still see the serious elements in the story while still being there. This hinges on those names for those unannounced characters.

I found a site that lists all the characters we know so far. 

14 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I have heard that’s what the people at that reddit want, from what I have heard from peeps in “The Last to Post Wins” thread.

Playing Fire Emblem for the story hahahaha.  I'm guessing that's the majority of the subreddit then.

Subpar maps is also meaningless without context.

Is it like Echoes, where the maps are boring, basic, and crap, with no redeeming qualities?

Is it like Shadow Dragon which has great maps, but lacks variety of objectives?

Is it like FE4 or FE6 where the maps are too big and severely hinder non-mounted units?

Is it like Sacred Stones, where the maps are unfairly criticized because the game is "too easy."

Is it like PoR/RD where a few really bad maps stick out among a lot of great ones?

Just calling it subpar isn't helpful, and it might not even be true.

Edited by Etheus

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Playing Fire Emblem for the story hahahaha.  I'm guessing that's the majority of the subreddit then.

I’ll call it “Fates-plot-induced PTSD”, I guess.

That is why some people loved SoV in spite of some problems.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I play FE for the story mainly ;_;

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Subpar maps is also meaningless without context.

Is it like Echoes, where the maps are boring, basic, and crap, with no redeeming qualities?

I assumed this is what he was trying to imply.  Though I also heard Awakening and Fates's map design wasn't very good, either.