Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

1 minute ago, PrincessAlyson said:

That's actually what I like about games with multiple paths/storylines. You can pick which route is your own personal canon, either because you played it first, like a certain path best, etc. While one route is canon to you, others can still choose the others and that does not invalidate it for them. Pokemon kinda does that with the games; they've implied that each game is equally canon to the others, depending on which you played. So it really doesn't matter if there's a route people don't like in Three Houses. They don't have to play it or regard it as canon if they don't want to. 

I have a feeling this game is going to be really good!

Pretty much, for me, this mindset helps me to choose my choices carefully because it creates a sense of "finality" even if I go back to see the other options.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The leak was wrong, about only recruiting one student to your house from another. Instead, you can steal anyone as long as you have the requirements. I think that's a better option but may cause some issues later down the line. For example why as someone loyal as Dedue go against Dimitri?

It's unclear from the gamespot video whether you really can recruit multiple students from other houses, or if they can be anyone. The leak suggested that you couldn't recruit retainers — Hubert, Dedue, presumably Hilda — which could still hold true, and would make sense if they have greater roles in the story. 

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The leak was wrong, about only recruiting one student to your house from another. Instead, you can steal anyone as long as you have the requirements. I think that's a better option but may cause some issues later down the line. For example why as someone loyal as Dedue go against Dimitri?

"Steal" anyone, huh ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
... Nah, that's actually not funny. Well, unless you are 'charming' them. Can't wait to see the fanfic about that.
Can't wait to see one about stealing units with fishing skills !

1 hour ago, PrincessAlyson said:

What's so wrong about trying to get a happy ending for your characters? I don't mind golden endings as long as they aren't locked behind a paywall (I liked Revelations overall but that was horrible. No more paid game content that isn't DLC, please). And it doesn't necessarily render the other routes worthless either. Replayability.

It has nothing to do with getting a happy ending, I'm all for that one.

I'm saying, again, that having multiple paths, only to have that one path having the Golden definitive Ending, that piss on the other endings and paths and whose who chosed them, is stupid and insulting.

Edited by B.Leu

3 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

What's so wrong about trying to get a happy ending for your characters? I don't mind golden endings as long as they aren't locked behind a paywall (I liked Revelations overall but that was horrible. No more paid game content that isn't DLC, please). And it doesn't necessarily render the other routes worthless either. Replayability.

I think "happy endings" get a bad rep. In my opinion, forced bad endings are much worse. I can put up with a forced happy ending, and I like bittersweet endings, but when the story works in such a way to ensure you have a bad ending no matter what It just dampens the whole thing for me. Especially in games that ostensibly have choice. 

It's also why I'm not a fan of "true" routes (since that invalidates every other path). Which definitely seems to be a Japanese thing. Let the MC and their love interest survive, but make it so that the player has to sacrifice something in order to achieve that. They can decide what their "happy" ending is out of all the possible outcomes.  

5 minutes ago, EJ107 said:

In my opinion, forced bad endings are much worse. I can put up with a forced happy ending, and I like bittersweet endings, but when the story works in such a way to ensure you have a bad ending no matter what It just dampens the whole thing for me. Especially in games that ostensibly have choice. 

I agree completely. When a game shoves a forced bad ending at me, it's time for me to pick a different path. I kinda get why they do it sometimes, but it still feel really unnecessary. I especially hate it when games give you "stupidity/failure is the only option" for something where you could have gotten out of it. 

I feel like the "Golden Happy Ending" is standard and is expected. For Fire Emblem, I want one so I can recruit and use all of the characters instead of having them locked to certain routes. (Or at the very least, have a postgame sandbox mode, like Fire Emblem 8's Creature Campaign.) The story may not be as great as the other paths, but that's okay. Just because there is a happy ending does not mean that is necessarily the "canon ending." The other routes can be just as good, if not better, than the happily ever after path.

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

uh okay but where is your proof of this? or are you a leaker too?

If you guys prefer a forced path that give you an auto gateway to a stupid golden ending, okay fine. I don't like it, it's stupid, insulting to the players, mediocre, shit design, but fine, and I can understand why people would want a sandbox ending with every units, because hell I do, but only to an extent.
In Echoes you could choose either Deen or Sonia, but not both, it's the same thing there. Yes, it's only two units, but it's an example.

The whole gimmick of the game is, you choose a path that you like better, you stick to it start to finish, if you have a stupid golden ending that destroy the gimmick of the game and everything in it.

1 hour ago, Rose482 said:

I want a happy ending. I don't care if it's cliche, I would take that over a edgy forced bad ending.

This, however, I don't understand. I fail to see how a forced 'Rainbow end', is better than an 'edgy bad end'. Whatever you guys mean by edgy bad end. Both seems equality distateful. 😕

Edited by B.Leu

Fates' Golden End failed since it depended on Azura just not telling anyone who'd want to stop Anankos about her world saving information besides Corrin.

Whether Three Houses' fails is a matter of what prevents Sothis or Byleth from jumping straight into the Golden Ending regardless of path.

41 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Who says that it's forced or an "auto gateway?" For all we know, we might have to really work for a theoretical golden ending.

You can't say that you worked for it when you are already on the path leading to the golden ending, no matter the difficulty chosen, especially no matter the difficulty. And even if it wasn't the case, it's still would be bad.

Edited by B.Leu

6 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

You can't say that you worked for it when you are already on the path leading to the golden ending, no matter the difficulty chosen, especially no matter the difficulty. And even if it wasn't the case, it's still would be bad.

We don't even know if there is going to be a golden ending, let alone if every path is going to get it. And I don't think the difficulty should have any bearing at all on the story. Why would it be bad, even if you had to work for it?

9 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

We don't even know if there is going to be a golden ending, let alone if every path is going to get it. And I don't think the difficulty should have any bearing at all on the story. Why would it be bad, even if you had to work for it?

Huh, what ? There's apparently four path, one for each main characters, and apparently a fourth which is apparently the golden path, which is apparenty Eldelguard but different, if I remember correctly. That's why I said that 'you can't say that you worked for it, if you already chosen it', battle difficulty is a non-factor, I meant it that it's a bad argument: you are still not really working for it, since, again, you have chosen the path already. It's stupid.
I have a hard time tolerating obvious golden endings when you actually have to work a bit for it, so when you don't...

We don't know, for sure sure, that there is going to be a golden ending, but considering that almost everything that Thani said was true... Well, that's one news that I'm really not hyped for.

Edited by B.Leu

1 minute ago, B.Leu said:

Huh, what ? There's apparently four path, one for each main characters, and apparently a fourth which is apparently the golden path, which is apparenty Eldelguard but different, if I remember correctly. That's why I said that 'you can't say that you worked for it, if you already chosen it', battle difficulty is a non-factor, I meant it that it was a bad argument. I believe that you are still not really working for it, since, again, you have chosen the path already. I find it stupid.
I have a hard time tolerating obvious golden endings when you actually have to work for it.

We don't know, for sure sure, that there is going to be a golden ending, but considering that almost everything that Thani said was true... Well, that's one news that I'm really not hyped for.

I know about the fourth path, but I don't remember Thani herself mentioning it would be a golden path (though I did phrase that weirdly). However, what we know for sure is that it branches off of Edelgard's original path, so it's not just something you choose. There has to be some degree of effort, even if it's just having to play the three other paths first. There being a golden ending doesn't even fully invalidate the other endings. As other people have mentioned, you can consider which ever one you want the canon one.

16 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Huh, what ? There's apparently four path, one for each main characters, and apparently a fourth which is apparently the golden path, which is apparenty Eldelguard but different, if I remember correctly. That's why I said that 'you can't say that you worked for it, if you already chosen it', battle difficulty is a non-factor, I meant it that it's a bad argument: you are still not really working for it, since, again, you have chosen the path already. It's stupid.
I have a hard time tolerating obvious golden endings when you actually have to work a bit for it, so when you don't...

By "work for it" I'm pretty sure he meant that either getting to the golden route will be incredibly hard and/or that the route's story (or the path towards it) will be incredibly difficult for the characters themselves. Nobody's saying they want a golden ending at the click of a button Revelations-style where you choose it at the start of a playthrough and nobody's saying that the theoretical route has to be all sunshine rainbows.

8 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I know about the fourth path, but I don't remember Thani herself mentioning it would be a golden path (though I did phrase that weirdly). However, what we know for sure is that it branches off of Edelgard's original path, so it's not just something you choose. There has to be some degree of effort, even if it's just having to play the three other paths first. There being a golden ending doesn't even fully invalidate the other endings. As other people have mentioned, you can consider which ever one you want the canon one.

By the way, I'm hearing completely different accounts on this. Some are saying it's a golden path while others are saying it's a Kill Em' All kinda ending, can I have some clarity as to which it is?

Edit: Speaking of rumors I haven't really heard much in the ways of romanceable characters, though I've heard rumors that there'll be at least one gay option for male and female characters in each house. Does anyone happen to know more details (and if you can marry Claude or Dmitri as a guy like you can Edelgard as a girl?) The way Thani said it makes me believe her informant only got to play the Black Eagles route.

Edited by Cyan1456

3 minutes ago, Cyan1456 said:

By the way, I'm hearing completely different accounts on this. Some are saying it's a golden path while others are saying it's a Kill Em' All kinda ending, can I have some clarity as to which it is?

I just checked and it seems it's more like the former.

3 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I'm confused as to how this is interpreted. So is she saying that it's a bittersweet ending and just not going to be as happy as Revelation's or is she saying the fourth path isn't a golden ending? (BTW just to clarify by "golden" I mean a route where the three houses work together at least).

4 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Well, Thani did said that, unless I remember it bad.
But yeah, forgot about it being based on Eldergard's path -which actually set some alarms in my head, because waifu, but it's my my cynicism talking there-, my bad.

Some degree of effort, but I fail to see how it is a worthy thing to be called effort, since one, you choose it, and two... you know, Fire Emblem game, but it might be me, and what it makes me thinks, even with Three Houses' innovations, I fail to see how hard it'll be.
No matter how I see it, I don't like it.

If the Golden Path which lead to an obvious Golden Ending, it'll be hard to choose a canon one, since you know... obvious. Which destroy the point of choosing a path.

1 minute ago, Cyan1456 said:

To be honest, I'm confused too. I first thought it was a Kill them all too... but then I heard it was a Golden Ending.

I would prefer a kill them all, since it would destroy the concept of obvious golden ending where everyone puke rainbows and live happily and yada yada, and you can truly choose an ending for yourself thanks to that, without an obvious path being behind you doing trololol behind you.

4 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Ah. Well, I'm happy as hell. But again, we're not sure sure.

1 hour ago, B.Leu said:

This, however, I don't understand. I fail to see how a forced 'Rainbow end', is better than an 'edgy bad end'. Whatever you guys mean by edgy bad end. Both seems equality distateful. 😕

It's really mostly my personal opinion on the matter, it's not like I want FE16 to be nothing but smiles and happiness, yes I want there to be parts where it's sad and all of that. But with that said, I would dislike if we didn't get an ending where at least most characters end up being happy in it, which I know might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I don't really mind a happy endings as long as their written well. But even as long as badly writing goes, I would still take a bad written happy ending than a  badly written sad one where everyone dies and stuff. 

Edited by Rose482

In the way the game seems to be arranged, at least 2/3 of the playable cast is going to die horribly in any non-golden route. As this is the kind of game were building relationship with the character is really important, people are obviosly going to get dissapointed if there is no way to avoid a bloodshed, especially considering the main characters should be on good terms and are the heads of the most powerful nations in the continent. 

Tbh i expect most routes to be "golden" in some way. Unless Dimitri became evil i don't see a non forced reason for them to slaughter each others whitout trying diplomacy, so it's likely they will join force anyway. 

There are many visual novels were all the routes are actually canon because there are time loops or parallel universes in action, so maybe sothis will make you experience all the routes in order to find a way to stop the war. 

18 hours ago, Flere210 said:

so maybe sothis will make you experience all the routes in order to find a way to stop the war. 

That's why I was thinking that the 4th path is unlocked after doing the first three. 

Stealing students aye welp looks like Annette, lysithea, mercedes ,Raph,  Ignatz, Ingrid, Marianne, and Hilda are joining the Black eagles first playthrough.

Edited by AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life
Forgot someone

19 minutes ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Stealing students aye welp looks like Annette, lysithea, mercedes ,Raph,  Ignatz, Ingrid, and Hilda are joining the Black eagles first playthrough.

It's still unclear how much your Skill levels needs to be for each character. Optimal playthroughs could be looking to get characters who share skills.