Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

I’m really hoping that the supposed 4th Edelgard path is one of the fake stuff Thani threw in there. Or that it is at least not the “Golden” or “True” ending.

I hate it when games do multiple paths only to have all of them be devalued by one ending. They should all be equal with no ending being any more canon than the other endings.

I mean, I don’t actually mind true endings in games such as 999 where you have to actively work towards finding the good ending which is achieved through the culmination of multiple actions and experimentation.

In a game like this though, where there’s no effort and you just click a button and you’re automatically locked onto one path, it would make me feel like what’s the point of all the other non canon paths.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really sure that the 4th path is a 'golden' ending? Because I have read somewhere that it is supposed to be more bloody and leans more towards a 'kill them all' or a 'byleth vs edelgard' kind of thing. 

Now I'm confused.

10 minutes ago, Lynn23 said:

Are you really sure that the 4th path is a 'golden' ending? Because I have read somewhere that it is supposed to be more bloody and leans more towards a 'kill them all' or a 'byleth vs edelgard' kind of thing. 

Now I'm confused.

Its mostly guesses, we dont know what the 4th path actually is, but based on what Thani said its branches of Edelgard's "normal" path.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’m really hoping that the supposed 4th Edelgard path is one of the fake stuff Thani threw in there. Or that it is at least not the “Golden” or “True” ending.

I hate it when games do multiple paths only to have all of them be devalued by one ending. They should all be equal with no ending being any more canon than the other endings.

I mean, I don’t actually mind true endings in games such as 999 where you have to actively work towards finding the good ending which is achieved through the culmination of multiple actions and experimentation.

In a game like this though, where there’s no effort and you just click a button and you’re automatically locked onto one path, it would make me feel like what’s the point of all the other non canon paths.

I feel like if there's a fourth ending (be it golden or bloody) it's going to be made like that, so not from explicit choice, but maybe you go down (or get the option to) the 4th road if you check some criteria by the end of some chapter (like killing/recruiting some characters, or winning some maps before a certain time limit, just examples).

What I'm sure of is that it won't be just a click, for Revelations it was like that but if you think about it you still must unlock it (with money, that was the issue). A "Revelations" path in the base game wouldn't make any sense, if they just give away the option to do the logical thing they might as well not even program the alternatives.

Edited by timon

It's funny to look back at how they emphasized choice being such a big deal for Fates. This game seems like player choice will be much more impactful, yet they're not really talking about it.

You guys do realize that Three houses isn't a Visual Novel and shouldn't act like one, right ? 😛
It helps that I dislike Visual Novels shenanigans and writing in general, but ugh.

22 minutes ago, Florete said:

It's funny to look back at how they emphasized choice being such a big deal for Fates. This game seems like player choice will be much more impactful, yet they're not really talking about it.

Fates was very choices, much good, talked about it a lot too.... look at the carnage. 🤣
But yeah, a part of me is a bit cautious about it too.

Edited by B.Leu

So the fact that we have another likely playable character with the crest of Charon does not bode well for Lysithea's chances.

On the other hand we are starting to see some minor details that the leak got wrong. For example Thanibomb said that Lorenz would be one of the students that you can't recruit to the other houses, yet some of the gameplay footage showed that you could recruit him. She also said that Catherine would have the nickname "the Thunder", but that seems to be the name of her sword instead. She also wrote that Byleth's sword would be called the Sword of Creation and Byleth's crest would be the Crest of Creation, but they turned out to be called The Sword of the Creator and The Crest of Flames instead.

I'd say that the Sword of the Creator is close enough to Sword of Creation to just be a small mistake, and she specifically mentioned that her informant told her that Catherine's nickname was "the Thunder," so that could be on the informants part (plus it isn't entirely out of the question for Catherine to still be called that). As for the Crest of Creation, it could also be an early name or even just an alternate name. The Fire Emblem having multiple names isn't anything new.

1 minute ago, Owain Dark said:

Isn't Byleths (awakened) crest in Japanese, literally called Crest of Flames? 

And yeah the Fire Emblem can be anything. Stone of Grado, Lehrans Medaillon, shield with gemstones, a sword... 

Yeah. What I meant was that "Crest of Creation" could be another name its called at some point during the story, or maybe even a more awakened form of the Crest.

47 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Yeah. What I meant was that "Crest of Creation" could be another name its called at some point during the story, or maybe even a more awakened form of the Crest.

Yeah I can imagine it will be called Crest of ??? til mid Act 1, Crest of Creation til Act 2 and Crest of Flames in Act 2

On the topic of a golden ending or whatever, Thani already said that the 4th Edelgard Route, should it be true, isn’t a happy ending either. So I highly doubt it’d be a Revelation style set up or anything. I doubt we’d even get to use the other 2 lords in that route, I imagine it’s something Thani would have mentioned if it was that way. 

15 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

On the topic of a golden ending or whatever, Thani already said that the 4th Edelgard Route, should it be true, isn’t a happy ending either. So I highly doubt it’d be a Revelation style set up or anything. I doubt we’d even get to use the other 2 lords in that route, I imagine it’s something Thani would have mentioned if it was that way. 

I think, if the 4th path is real, everyone will die

I'm pretty skeptical about the 4th path tbh, it could be one of the big red herrings by Thani, sounds a bit too good to be true tbh(well I said that about the timeskip stuff and that turned out beautiful so Idk anymore lmao).

I would be okay with a "True ending" if the way too it was some obscure set of circumstances such as complete certain chapters withing X- turns and have recruited Y-Character ect, that you could figure out if you have seen the events on all three paths but also lock out that route unless all endings have been complete 

4 hours ago, Druplesnubb said:

So the fact that we have another likely playable character with the crest of Charon does not bode well for Lysithea's chances.

On the other hand we are starting to see some minor details that the leak got wrong. For example Thanibomb said that Lorenz would be one of the students that you can't recruit to the other houses, yet some of the gameplay footage showed that you could recruit him. She also said that Catherine would have the nickname "the Thunder", but that seems to be the name of her sword instead. She also wrote that Byleth's sword would be called the Sword of Creation and Byleth's crest would be the Crest of Creation, but they turned out to be called The Sword of the Creator and The Crest of Flames instead.

Did Thani specifically point out that Lorenz--of all characters--was unrecruitable? I only recall her mentioning that retainers, such as Hubert or Dedue, couldn't be taken from their respective Houses.

On top of that, she also claimed Hilda was Cluade's retainer(?), if I'm not mistaken.

12 minutes ago, The Real MC said:

Did Thani specifically point out that Lorenz--of all characters--was unrecruitable? I only recall her mentioning that retainers, such as Hubert or Dedue, couldn't be taken from their respective Houses.

On top of that, she also claimed Hilda was Cluade's retainer(?), if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah I'm pretty sure by "retainer" Thani meant that they are unable to be taken from their Lord's house; so in that case she implied Hilda and Claude were inseparable not Lorenz and Claude.

55 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Hm. That's conflicting, now that I recall that Thani also explicitly stated that Hilda was Claude's retainer in a GameFaqs forum as MissCarriage (?)--without mentioning Lorenz, at that.

( Someone pointed this out the day Hilda was revealed, May 17th. )

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77705292

In the end, this is just a minor detail, so I don't want to argue because of it.