Fire Emblem The Binding Blade Assassin Class (Update)

_Legault_

Hi everyone! Since I've never seen anyone try to include the Assassin class in Fire Emblem The Binding Blade I might just be the first one who did it.                                                               

FE6 doesn't have the Assassin class let alone the ability Lethality, I enabled the Assassin class to have critical boost just like sword-masters and Berserkers. Once a thief in FE6 promotes to an Assassin he/she will keep the thief skill to use lockpicks and see better in the fog, and he/she will still be able to steal. You will be able to promote Chad, Astolfo, and Cath with a Hero Crest. Furthermore I've kept the game virtually the same (besides the fact that I included the Assassin class in the game). I own all the American Fire Emblem releases to include a cartridge of the English fan translated Fire Emblem Heroes of Light and Shadow (FE12). Even though I enjoy playing the new FE games, sometimes I go back to enjoy the older ones. The patch that is included in this post includes the following changes:

1) Now you can promote all 3 Thieves to the Assassin Class using a Hero Crest.

2) Astolfo is holding a Hero Crest contract in his inventory (Chapter: 8 The Reunion).

3) Since the thieves can't receive any stat promotion gains upon using the Hero Crest, I went ahead and increased their base stats (according to what they gain upon using the Hero Crest).

4) Roy's rapier uses is 40 just like his father's. 

(Update Patch values)

1) You get the Dragonspear (from FE8) instead of Gant's Lance in the village. I also updated it the dialogue.

2) You get the Dragon Axe (from FE7) instead of Al's Sword in the village. I also update it the dialogue.

3) The Monk class is just like the Monk class from FE7. (Saul can use Light magic right away) Light magic animation is just like the Monk's animation from FE7.

4) Generals can use swords (sword animation included). - This is awesome!

5) Astore's name has been updated to his actual name which is Astolfo. (Plus new look that matches his portrait colors)

6) FE6 Hard Mode save file.

7) Wyvern Knight class included (Gale will be in your party when he appears and he will be a Wyvern Knight).

? Wyvern Knights have a 30% critical boost like sword masters and Berserkers.  

Unzip the zipped files to retrieve the UPS file and the Hard Mode save file.

Cheers! 

P.S. Play it hard mode, I enhanced the game slightly in your favor.

Patch Link:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/c1998n976ngo8qf/Fire+Emblem+The+Binding+Blade+(EXTREME).PATCH.ups

Jerme.png

Character Palette Fire Emblem The Binding Blade.gba_104@69 cath_____978444.png

Fire Emblem The Binding Blade - HM SAV File.zip

Assassin Chad.png

Sword General.gif

Fire Emblem The Binding Blade 3 Assassins.PATCH.zip

defaultwyvernknight.gif

Edited by _Legault_

I remember someone did this before but I'mnot sure, still Assasins in FE6 are a neat idea since they suck so much.

Hi everyone! If you are looking to try my FE6 patch above download the current one which I attached to my post. (The previous one had a glitch with my Fell contract hack). 

If you downloaded the previous patch, do not fret! Delete your GBA or CIA file and patch a new one with my current patch above. (Keep your save file though, you'll be fine)

P.S. If you have trouble downloading my patch here try this link:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/ok3p7n9t4boes4z/Fire+Emblem+The+Binding+Blade+3+Assassins.PATCH.zip

• 4 months later...
On 30/5/2019 at 0:31, _Legault_ said:

¡Hola a todos! Si está buscando probar mi parche FE6 arriba, descargue el actual que adjunté a mi publicación. (El anterior tuvo un problema técnico con mi truco de contrato Fell). 

Si descargaste el parche anterior, ¡no te preocupes! Elimine su archivo GBA o CIA y aplique un parche nuevo con mi parche actual anterior. (Sin embargo, mantenga su archivo guardado, estará bien)

PD: si tiene problemas para descargar mi parche aquí, intente este enlace:   http://www.mediafire.com/file/ok3p7n9t4boes4z/Fire+Emblem+The+Binding+Blade+3+Assassins.PATCH.zip

The patch is not compatible with the rom because the translation was updated

Encontré un Glitch con Shanna Falcoknight, no sé si el Falcoknight único tiene ese Glitch, pero el ataque de animación es para jabalina, por ejemplo, ha equipado una Lanza de Plata y el daño no aparece pero matan al enemigo, pero el juego cree que el fallan los ataques y ella ganó la experiencia normal, ¿puedes arreglarlo? Lo siento si es Android pero mi PC está arreglando lo siento

PD: Dont look the first video

Edited by Cooligno1234
I Wrong in something

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there ! The patch looks awesome and all, but do you have a version with only the Thieves promotion into Assassins in it (and 40 uses for the Rapier) ? It's my first playthrough of FE6 and I want my Thieves to promote, but besides that I want to keep the game as vanilla as possible. Thanks in advance !

Is there any plans to replace Tiena's staff then?

Mostly just to finish what you started when adding the dragonslaying weapons.

Hell, I'd argue one of them should be in Chapter 17 rather than 5, seems a little early for them to be given.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 8:37 PM, _Legault_ said:

Hi everyone! Since I've never seen anyone try to include the Assassin class in Fire Emblem The Binding Blade I might just be the first one who did it.                                                               

FE6 doesn't have the Assassin class let alone the ability Lethality, I enabled the Assassin class to have critical boost just like sword-masters and Berserkers. Once a thief in FE6 promotes to an Assassin he/she will keep the thief skill to use lockpicks and see better in the fog, and he/she will still be able to steal. You will be able to promote Chad, Astolfo, and Cath with a Hero Crest. Furthermore I've kept the game virtually the same (besides the fact that I included the Assassin class in the game). I own all the American Fire Emblem releases to include a cartridge of the English fan translated Fire Emblem Heroes of Light and Shadow (FE12). Even though I enjoy playing the new FE games, sometimes I go back to enjoy the older ones. The patch that is included in this post includes the following changes:

1) Now you can promote all 3 Thieves to the Assassin Class using a Hero Crest.

2) Astolfo is holding a Hero Crest contract in his inventory (Chapter: 8 The Reunion).

3) Since the thieves can't receive any stat promotion gains upon using the Hero Crest, I went ahead and increased their base stats (according to what they gain upon using the Hero Crest).

4) Roy's rapier uses is 40 just like his father's. 

(Update Patch values)

1) You get the Dragonspear (from FE8) instead of Gant's Lance in the village. I also updated it the dialogue.

2) You get the Dragon Axe (from FE7) instead of Al's Sword in the village. I also update it the dialogue.

3) The Monk class is just like the Monk class from FE7. (Saul can use Light magic right away) Light magic animation is just like the Monk's animation from FE7.

4) Generals can use swords (sword animation included). - This is awesome!

5) Astore's name has been updated to his actual name which is Astolfo. (Plus new look that matches his portrait colors)

6) FE6 Hard Mode save file.

7) Wyvern Knight class included (Gale will be in your party when he appears and he will be a Wyvern Knight).

? Wyvern Knights have a 30% critical boost like sword masters and Berserkers.  

Unzip the zipped files to retrieve the UPS file and the Hard Mode save file.

Cheers! 

P.S. Play it hard mode, I enhanced the game slightly in your favor.

Patch Link:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/c1998n976ngo8qf/Fire+Emblem+The+Binding+Blade+(EXTREME).PATCH.ups

Jerme.png

Character Palette Fire Emblem The Binding Blade.gba_104@69 cath_____978444.png

Fire Emblem The Binding Blade - HM SAV File.zip 5.28 kB · 8 downloads

Assassin Chad.png

Sword General.gif

Fire Emblem The Binding Blade 3 Assassins.PATCH.zip 1.12 MB · 5 downloads

defaultwyvernknight.gif

Well Hi Legault , this rom hack is awesome i like it , but I have just one problem . It's that the .ups patch file doesn't work on my FE6 rom , idk why but my gba emulator says (the patch is not for this game) and I'm sure I used the USA FE6 rom 

So can you please tell me which version should I use , I really want to try it :P.

Thanks anyway !

1 hour ago, Lyony said:

So can you please tell me which version should I use , I really want to try it :P.

Thanks anyway !

I think it comes with the translation patch included it, so it should work if you apply it to a plain old Japanese ROM.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:37 AM, _Legault_ said:

FE6 doesn't have the Assassin class let alone the ability Lethality, I enabled the Assassin class to have critical boost just like sword-masters and Berserkers. Once a thief in FE6 promotes to an Assassin he/she will keep the thief skill to use lockpicks and see better in the fog, and he/she will still be able to steal. You will be able to promote Chad, Astolfo, and Cath with a Hero Crest.

Might better to promote Thief to Rogue. It is more relevant based on FE6 setting. It is not like that the thief in FE7, which relates to Black Fang and therefore Assassin makes sense. Plus, there is no need to bother the absence of Lethelity in FE6.  

On 1/12/2020 at 4:35 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

I think it comes with the translation patch included it, so it should work if you apply it to a plain old Japanese ROM.

Oh i think you're right because I used it on a translated patch . I'll try that , thanks .

• 2 months later...