Favorite Marvel Character?

indigoasis

Endgame has been out for a decent while now, and I had thought of asking people who their favorite Marvel character is, whether it be from comics, shows, movies, games, etc. With that said, which Marvel character do you like the most?

For me, Ghost Rider is easily my favorite, with Iron Man following a close second. I would absolutely love to see Ghost Rider in an MCU film sometime.

Based off of the MCU...

1) Captain America

2) Bucky Barnes

3) Hawkeye

4) Scarlet Witch

5) Loki

Honourable mentions go to Black Widow, Ant Man, Spiderman, Falcon, Thor and Maria Hill.

Spider-man, closely followed by Captain America, probably Mantis on third place.

Spider-man has been my favorite ever since the Tobey Maguire movies, and he's only gotten better with each subsequent actor. (Yeah I'm one of those filthy movie-only-watchers.)

Iron Man, followed by Spiderman. Tony Stark is just too cool and funny. lol Peter Parker tends to be really funny too and he makes spider powers cool!

From the Comics:

1) Iron Man (Tony Stark)

2) Captain America (Steve Rogers)

3) Deadpool (Wade Wilson)

4) Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

5) Legion (David Haller)

6) Wolverine

7) Thor Odinson

Wolverine and Storm are my favs I loved the 90s Xmen cartoon and watched every day it was on.  I also really like Kill Raven and Red Sonya since my dad has a bunch of older comic books.

I don't care how basic this makes me, but Spider-Man (Peter Parker) is my hero.

Or Spiderman, whatever.

Edited by Bloom

Not a fan of the comics, I really only like the MCU.

1. Coulson

2. Loki

3. Captain America

4. Peter Parker

5. Bruce Banner (not Hulk, though)

6. Falcon

7. Bucky Barnes

8. Dr Strange.

9. Hawkeye

10. Nebula

11. Happy Hogan

Yeah, I like a lot of side characters over the main ones. To be precise, the top 5 are my only true favorite characters. The others on this list I just really like.

Tony Stark might have made it on the list, but I don't like his first two movies. I like him more when it's not just about him.

In general my favorite Marvel guy is Spider-Man. I always felt like Spider Man had the most nuanced explorations of trying to do the right thing. Peter Parker is not good enough to be doing the right thing all the time, but he's good enough to understand how much better of a person he could be. And it shows in how he's such a hard worker. I think all of us find that relatable. That depressing self-reflection when you think about all the things you had done wrong in the past and how it always feels like we're letting people down. As for the MCU, Rocket is my favorite. Groot definitely stole my heart in Guardians 1, but the one we've had since is too immature. Hoping he's an adult again in time for Guardians 3, because Guardians 2 Rocket made me freaking cry.

Edited by Glennstavos

I enjoy Howard the Duck as a comic character (both literally and figuratively). His cameos in the MCU are too brief for me to consider him much of a presence in the movies, but I like him in the comics.

As for MCU characters, I like Ant-Man for comedic purposes, and Hawkeye because he’s the most real and relatable character in the MCU for me. His dynamic with Wanda from Age of Ultron onwards was really sweet, and I honestly didn’t expect to get that much enjoyment out of him. But I did, and here we are.

21 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Endgame has been out for a decent while now, and I had thought of asking people who their favorite Marvel character is, whether it be from comics, shows, movies, games, etc. With that said, which Marvel character do you like the most?

For me, Ghost Rider is easily my favorite, with Iron Man following a close second. I would absolutely love to see Ghost Rider in an MCU film sometime.

If you're looking for a fix of ghost rider he's actually in the MCU canonical Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D! I think he's pretty well done in it. Spoilers for the show below btw.

Spoiler

The show is also a great continuation of Coulson's storyline, as well as  technically putting the first female superhero with powers in the MCU.

I could write an entire essay about why Spider-man, or really every Spider-Man iteration ever is my #1 superhero, but in terms of the MCU, despite Tom Holland doing wonders for the role, I would say either Thor or Ant-Man is my favorite character.

7 hours ago, Tuvy2 said:

If you're looking for a fix of ghost rider he's actually in the MCU canonical Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D! I think he's pretty well done in it.

I would love to see the Ghost Rider Hulu series with Gabriel Luna. I don't have Hulu, but I'll figure it out.

I love the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, but I'm lowkey hoping to see the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider show up again outside of his one brief appearance in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. That's just me though.

The Thing.  Grew on me real fast, even in his silliest portrayals. He tends to be a charather with a lot of heart for his team, funny by being tactless and direct, and ready for self sacrifice even at the cost of his personal dream and (shame) being dealt with.

I guess I would put spiderman>hulk>dr. strange>daredevil as my 2nd-5th. 

If we're talking about comics only it's easily Spiderman mostly because he's the only character that I've read a lot of comics about and I remember liking them. My only other experience with most other character are through the Civil War comic which I really disliked. I also got some vague memories of X-men comics but couldn't find them when I went looking for them so whatever. Spiderman I mostly like because he feels like a regular person who randomly got superpowers and tries to use them for good while also trying to have a normal life.

If we're talking about movies outside the Mcu, it would be Wolverine closely followed by Raimi Spiderman. Wolverine is someone who has literally seen the worst life has to offer and simply has started to hate himself because of the things he has done in the past. My reasons for liking Raimi Spiderman are similar for my reasons of liking him in the comics. 

MCU characters that I really like are Star-lord & Rocket Raccoon. The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are about how a bunch of outcasts becoming a family. Starlord has to learn to share his problems with others and overcome his ego for others. Rocket Raccoon meanwhile learns how people can still love you despite your flaws. He's also really funny so there's enough levity.

Overall I think it's a tie between Rocket raccoon and Star-lord with Wolverine and Spiderman closely followed.