June New Heroes Banner Predictions

Predictions and hopes  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Shadows of Valentia
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Shadows of Valentia
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/2019 at 07:09 PM

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's not a good metric. Over a year and a half ago, SoV's representation jumped ahead of every pre-3DS FE game, to the point where most of them still haven't finished catching up.

Oh come on, I just want another SoV banner, is that really too much to fucking ask for?!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Oh come on, I just want another SoV banner, is that really too much to fucking ask for?!

No, not really. Everyone wants something.

I wouldn't tell someone who wants a Fates banner that they are asking for too much. People want what they want, and as long as it isn't something morally objectionable, that's great.

Edited by Etheus

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I mean you can ask for whatever. But from a representation standpoint, SoV is empirically one of the least deserving games

14 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Oh fuck you

In fairness to both of you, I think "deserving" was the wrong word choice and comes across harshly. No game is undeserving of a banner (except maybe Warriors, because its OCs are shit). A better word choice would be that Echoes is one of the games "least in need" of one. That much is empyrically true. That doesn't make it undeserving (and I say that despite personally REALLY disliking Echoes).

Edited by Etheus

20 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Not that this would be something I'd be interested in, but I feel like they could scrap together a gen 2 awakening banner centered around Yarne and Nah. People always want more beasts and dragons so maybe IS will figure their class alone will sell them even if they aren't ultra popular characters. Throw in one more awakening child with decent fodder and there you go.

Nah scored 94th place on CYL3, and even Yarne scored 194. Maybe round it out with Cynthia and either Severa or Inigo? All of those made it to the top 200 on CYL. Gangrel or Priam could be the GHB.

Personally, there are other things I'd rather see right now than more Awakening, but I can see a banner like that making sense. And Yarne is noteworthy for being a good chance to introduce a colorless beast cavalry.

20 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I'm not telling you not to want it. I'm just saying it's silly to call it overdue based on time of the last full banner rather than looking at its actual lineup of characters in and not in Heroes, and how that compares to other games.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

In fairness to both of you, I think "deserving" was the wrong word choice and comes across harshly. No game is undeserving of a banner (except maybe Warriors, because its OCs are shit). A better word choice would be that Echoes is one of the games "least in need" of one. That much is empyrically true. That doesn't make it undeserving (and I say that despite personally REALLY disliking Echoes).

Yeah, exactly. I love SoV, I hope it gets more new characters eventually (and not just the obvious pick of Mila), but it's in a very good position compared to other games. It's got more than half its playable cast in already, including the full starting bands of Alm/Tobin/Kliff/Gray/Faye/Lukas and Celica/Mae/Boey/Genny. Lots of games would love to be in that position. For example, notable "starting band" characters still missing from other games include Osian, Eyvel, Kent/Sain, Marcus, Franz, Boyd, and Edward/Leonardo/Nolan.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Nah scored 94th place on CYL3, and even Yarne scored 194. Maybe round it out with Cynthia and either Severa or Inigo? All of those made it to the top 200 on CYL. Gangrel or Priam could be the GHB.

Personally, there are other things I'd rather see right now than more Awakening, but I can see a banner like that making sense. And Yarne is noteworthy for being a good chance to introduce a colorless beast cavalry.

I'm not telling you not to want it. I'm just saying it's silly to call it overdue based on time of the last full banner rather than looking at its actual lineup of characters in and not in Heroes, and how that compares to other games.

Yeah, exactly. I love SoV, I hope it gets more new characters eventually (and not just the obvious pick of Mila), but it's in a very good position compared to other games. It's got more than half its playable cast in already, including the full starting bands of Alm/Tobin/Kliff/Gray/Faye/Lukas and Celica/Mae/Boey/Genny. Lots of games would love to be in that position. For example, notable "starting band" characters still missing from other games include Osian, Eyvel, Kent/Sain, Marcus, Franz, Boyd, and Edward/Leonardo/Nolan.

I'm in a pretty bad position as a Magvel fan (it's my second favorite cast of characters behind Tellius). In regards to personal favorites, I'm still missing Forde, Cormag, Saleh, Gilliam, Gerik, and Rennac.

I want a new archanea banner soon.

As for what i'm predicting will happen. Gaiden.

I don't think were going to get a 3 houses banner until after the game releases. Due to spoiler reasons and such.

Always difficult with numbers. One can say that Fate banners came in overbearing numbers which is true, but for those unlucky enough to just like a few of the missing fate characters this means nothing. That is why it especially sucks for Fates to get alts in "new banners". Also alts in general.  

A bit different SOV in terms of numbers... just too bad for Silque and Tatiana that they are the last remaining females there.. Well it does not have many to begin with. 

Representation of a game means nothing for those unlucky to have their favorites skipped over from a game. Well at least I can say for some its just a matter of time, of course its worse for those not knowing their characters to appear in the game at all... I would be really happy with characters like Amalda or Oifey. But I do not even dare to think about them appearing...

6 hours ago, Etheus said:

It's worth saying that the nature of content development for a live game would not have them start developing the June banner after the May banner launches. Typically, a game company will have multiple patches in development simultaneously and in different states of completion by different teams.

That's how you, for example, get Fates saturation. It isn't one team deciding to do one Fates banner after another. It's multiple simultaneous banners in development, and a disproprotionate number just happen to be Fates.

Your first paragraph is correct, but your second one is not. It'd be ridiculous for separate teams to be developing different parts of the game with absolutely no collaboration. We wouldn't just get multiple Fates banners, it's entirely possible that could result in them accidentally developing the same character(s) twice. We have multiple Fates banners not because different teams "just happen" to be making them, but because whoever plans these things planned it that way.

8 minutes ago, Florete said:

Your first paragraph is correct, but your second one is not. It'd be ridiculous for separate teams to be developing different parts of the game with absolutely no collaboration. We wouldn't just get multiple Fates banners, it's entirely possible that could result in them accidentally developing the same character(s) twice. We have multiple Fates banners not because different teams "just happen" to be making them, but because whoever plans these things planned it that way.

I do not mean to imply that communication doesn't happen. They do have to avoid duplicate characters and keep a consistent story direction. But it's also arguable whether or not they even think about things like "Fates saturation" or "representation" the way the community does. That really might depend on how the banner characters are being selected. Whether that's by a game director, marketing experts, or the development teams themselves. And well, I certainly don't know which would be the case here. 

If a game director or marketer is deciding all the banners, then we're likely getting banners based on what they think will sell. If we're getting them based on developer picks, the result really isn't that much different; since the most popular games/characters are also likely to be popular with the developers in question. It could literally be as simple as "no one on the development team loves Thracia."

Edited by Etheus

8 minutes ago, Etheus said:

It could literally be as simple as "no one on the development team loves Thracia."

I feel Jugdral is in a rough spot when it come to FEH. Not only were the games not released in the west, they're just old. They're both 20+ years old at this point and I have to imagine that even a sizeable chunk of the JP fanbase hasn't played them. While it would certainly be easier for them to, considering that not all of the newer fans in the west are eager to go back and play all of the older western releases (or just might not be able to in the case of Tellius) I really do wonder how many of them have. There's also the factor that the FEH player base specifically likely skews a bit younger than the FE fan base in general just by being a gacha mobile game.

It also doesn't help that Thracia was the worst selling FE game when it came out (and I think still is) so not that many people formed an attachment to it in the first place.

12 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

It also doesn't help that Thracia was the worst selling FE game when it came out (and I think still is) so not that many people formed an attachment to it in the first place.

Judging by the reaction of Mareeta in the recent banner. A whole banner of with the same popularity as her sounds like a hard sell. 

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

This is why I like the idea of a split FE4 Gen 2 + FE5 banner. Get at least a slightly larger audience.

I'm all for themed banners. Helps keep things fresh and keeps fans of multiple games at once happy.

Tough Love

Othin (Green)

Tania (Colorless)

Bastian (Green)

Lucia (Red)

GHB - Ena (Red)

Edited by Etheus

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

This is why I like the idea of a split FE4 Gen 2 + FE5 banner. Get at least a slightly larger audience.

12 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'm all for themed banners. Helps keep things fresh and keeps fans of multiple games at once happy.

Gonna shameless self advertise this topic I made a while back :P

For having comparable popularity to Fates, Awakening hasn't gotten anything new in quite a while (last inclusion was owain in brave redux) so I wouldn't put it past it to get something (meanwhile we struggle to go a month without another fates alt).

Personally though I still hope for sacred stones, I recon it is probably has the least representation new unit wise of the English games and is missing a few rather popular characters 

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Why do so many people want a Three Houses banner before the game even comes out? 

I'm asking myself the same. While I think Edelgards design is nice and her being an Axe Infantry is cool I still want to get to know them before I have them in Heroes. Maybe I find them boring in 3 houses. Maybe I find Dimitri or Cloud better after getting to know them. 

Its not about "spoiler" for me its about getting to know them more before. And giving them a certain value. 

3 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

For having comparable popularity to Fates, Awakening hasn't gotten anything new in quite a while (last inclusion was owain in brave redux) so I wouldn't put it past it to get something (meanwhile we struggle to go a month without another fates alt).

Personally though I still hope for sacred stones, I recon it is probably has the least representation new unit wise of the English games and is missing a few rather popular characters 

It did get Panne more recently, but it's been a while since it's gotten a full banner.

I don't think it will be Echoes because Delthea and Berkut probably count as this.

I remember Choose Your Legends 3 site had Sirius among characters you can get from image roulette. It also had Rutger and Ranulf and they both got in. But CYL2 one had Valbar and we still don't have him so it doesn't guarantee anything.

I'm wondering if they meant for a Thracia banner to come out before the current Fallen banner, since not only does Fjorm already know Mareeta in the Forging Bonds, but she was also surprised that Mareeta was possessed, meaning Fjorm had dealt with an unposessed Mareeta before. Because of that, I'm putting my bets on Thracia with an uncorrupted Mareeta.

That said, more Archanea plox

Edited by TriforceP