June New Heroes Banner Predictions

Predictions and hopes  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Shadows of Valentia
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Shadows of Valentia
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/2019 at 07:09 PM

Hey now, don't be so pessimistic about Thracia.

Maybe it'll be the last banner we get before the game dies for good.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Apparently in the new Learning with Sharena vid, there was a reference to a divine fang skill that grants effectiveness vs dragons in some capacity. That would strongly imply the upcomming mythic is Naga, and she could be accompanied by an Awakening or Archanea banner. But lets be real, Archanea doesn't even exist anymore as far as IS is concerned so they'll prob have her listed as an Awakening character and do something akin to my gen 2 idea

28 minutes ago, colossus86 said:
  Hide contents

Apparently in the new Learning with Sharena vid, there was a reference to a divine fang skill that grants effectiveness vs dragons in some capacity. That would strongly imply the upcomming mythic is Naga, and she could be accompanied by an Awakening or Archanea banner. But lets be real, Archanea doesn't even exist anymore as far as IS is concerned so they'll prob have her listed as an Awakening character and do something akin to my gen 2 idea

Spoiler

Wouldn't she be fitting more as a Mythic Hero?

13 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:
  Hide contents

Wouldn't she be fitting more as a Mythic Hero?

Spoiler

That's what I meant. It seems the next mythic will be Naga/Nagi with a related banner to follow

8 hours ago, colossus86 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

If it's really Awakening can it please be Ricken, Vaike, Kellam and Miriel?

It's absurd that we are still missing members of the starting crew of the game that SAVED the franchise.

I say it's time for a Thracia banner.

Ced (Green Tome)
Asvel (Green Tome)
Sara (Blue Tome)
Salem (Red Tome, demote)

Kempf (Blue Tome, GHB)

Gets Ced in the game, as well as another character who can mention Reinhardt for at least one of his lines. 

8 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I say it's time for a Thracia banner.

Ced (Green Tome)
Asvel (Green Tome)
Sara (Blue Tome)
Salem (Red Tome, demote)

Kempf (Blue Tome, GHB)

Gets Ced in the game, as well as another character who can mention Reinhardt for at least one of his lines. 

Tbh, I can't really see them adding two wind mages at the same time with Ced and Asvel. It's stuff like this as to why I think Asvel really should've been on the FE5 banner instead of Olwen. I also feel like Sara is more likely to be a staff user.

23 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Tbh, I can't really see them adding two wind mages at the same time with Ced and Asvel. It's stuff like this as to why I think Asvel really should've been on the FE5 banner instead of Olwen. I also feel like Sara is more likely to be a staff user.

Eh, the current banner has two colorless dragons.  Different movement types, but still.  If we want to go back to New Year's, that banner had two sword fliers.  Either way, I agree that Asvel should have been on the first Thracia banner last year.

I could see Sara going either way.  I feel like she needs to have the Kia staff somehow -- either as an actual staff, or some kind of special skill/assist.  With her lopsided stats, she has the potential to be the most min-maxed offensive tome unit in the game thus far, and I would hope a staff-variant wouldn't neuter that.   

Ced should probably be introduced on a Genealogy banner instead of a Thracia banner, imo, or else we're gonna have a really bad time trying to get Thracia exclusives into the game.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Ced should probably be introduced on a Genealogy banner instead of a Thracia banner, imo, or else we're gonna have a really bad time trying to get Thracia exclusives into the game.

Agreed.

The only Thracia banner we've had already consisted of alternates and characters also in Genealogy.

Ced can wait for his turn with the other 2nd gen Genealogy children. He's already one of the most popular kids there anyway.

I feel like they're not going to put Ced on an FE4 banner simply because they're going to want to give him some form of Forseti, and it's not canon in that game.  Thus far IS has been careful not to push any particular pairing for the games where that matters, and I doubt they'll stop just so they can add some 300+ placing who to a Thracia-exclusive banner in his place.  

I would actually prefer Ced on an FE4 banner wielding some kind of prf-Lightning tome, instead of the "slightly better than Lewyn" he's likely to wind up as. 

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

I feel like they're not going to put Ced on an FE4 banner simply because they're going to want to give him some form of Forseti, and it's not canon in that game.  Thus far IS has been careful not to push any particular pairing for the games where that matters, and I doubt they'll stop just so they can add some 300+ placing who to a Thracia-exclusive banner in his place.  

I would actually prefer Ced on an FE4 banner wielding some kind of prf-Lightning tome, instead of the "slightly better than Lewyn" he's likely to wind up as. 

Considering Lewyn x Erinys is the only pairing outside of Sigurd x Deirdre and Quan x Ethlyn that's outright stated to be canon, as well as the fact Ced is the canon wielder of the Forseti tome during the second generation of FE4 according to FE5, he's damn well gonna be a green tome user with the Forseti tome. Also, there's not that many other potential options for green units on a second generation banner. There's Johan and Johalvier, neither of whom are particularly popular, and there's Hannibal, who's more likely to be a sword armor and IS also hates old men apparently. So really, the only other option for a green unit on an FE4 Gen 2 banner outside of Ced is Arthur.

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Considering Lewyn x Erinys is the only pairing outside of Sigurd x Deirdre and Quan x Ethlyn that's outright stated to be canon

Arvis x Deirdre, too. And Sigurd's parents. And all of gen 1's parents and all the way further back to the first holy knights. This is an entire genealogy, after all.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Considering Lewyn x Erinys is the only pairing outside of Sigurd x Deirdre and Quan x Ethlyn that's outright stated to be canon, as well as the fact Ced is the canon wielder of the Forseti tome during the second generation of FE4 according to FE5, he's damn well gonna be a green tome user with the Forseti tome.

Right, but again, canon in the context of FE5.  Lewyn x Erinys is heavily pushed in FE4, but is no more canon than say, Lewyn x Sylvia.  I agree that Ced will be a Forseti user, in which case his inclusion on an FE5 banner makes the most sense to me.  IS gets to add a marquee character in his most recognizable iteration to a banner that might not be a big draw otherwise, while at the same time not stepping on anyone’s preferred pairings.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Also, there's not that many other potential options for green units on a second generation banner. There's Johan and Johalvier, neither of whom are particularly popular, and there's Hannibal, who's more likely to be a sword armor and IS also hates old men apparently. So really, the only other option for a green unit on an FE4 Gen 2 banner outside of Ced is Arthur.

Does a Gen II banner really need a green unit?  FE4 in general has such a dearth of green candidates, and I am of a mind that this slack is better picked up by other games (FE5 included).

12 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Right, but again, canon in the context of FE5.  Lewyn x Erinys is heavily pushed in FE4, but is no more canon than say, Lewyn x Sylvia.  I agree that Ced will be a Forseti user, in which case his inclusion on an FE5 banner makes the most sense to me.  IS gets to add a marquee character in his most recognizable iteration to a banner that might not be a big draw otherwise, while at the same time not stepping on anyone’s preferred pairings.

Does a Gen II banner really need a green unit?  FE4 in general has such a dearth of green candidates, and I am of a mind that this slack is better picked up by other games (FE5 included).

I mean, it would certainly help to avoid color sharing if possible, similar to how Ares and Lene colorsharing on their debut banner. And side note, I would prefer Ced being added on an FE4 banner that way we have more spots open for some of FE5's exclusive characters if it ever gets another banner

Edited by Gregster101

I want more FE5 characters, but I'd rather have Ced on an FE5 banner than have him on an FE4 one and risk hurting the odds of an FE5 banner even more. If the only way to get it is to give him a slot, I'm a lot less bothered by that than by last year's practice of giving slots to alts all the time.

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

I want more FE5 characters, but I'd rather have Ced on an FE5 banner than have him on an FE4 one and risk hurting the odds of an FE5 banner even more. If the only way to get it is to give him a slot, I'm a lot less bothered by that than by last year's practice of giving slots to alts all the time.

I still think Asvel and Mareeta should've been on the FE5 banner last year instead of Olwen and Reinhardt. Like, it honestly angers me that IS deliberately sabotaged the FE5 banner all because people meme voted for a character who honestly didn't deserve an alt

Hey now. I legitimately voted for Reinhardt both last year and this year because I like him, not for memes. I do agree that he and Olwen should not have been anywhere near that Thracia banner, though, but in all seriousness both of the siblings were unnecessary and Olwen didn't even score as highly.

Saias probably got in as quickly as he did because he's Arvis's (illegitimate) spawn.

Edited by Sunwoo

I'm not disputing that at all. I know at least three people on SF who liked him a lot before Heroes was ever a thing, so he had his fans ... just like every other Thracia character. He might've been the top request for a Thracia GHB, at the very least, because even now Raydrick and Veld seem super unpopular. If he wasn't ridiculously OP in Heroes, he may have just been another Thracia character whom people actually knew existed this time. I also wasn't happy that he and Olwen got alts, even though I like them both.

What I'm saying is that regardless of how insanely popular Reinhardt became, IS are the ones who ultimately chose to put him on the Thracia banner (alongside Olwen). Just being popular isn't a good measure of anything nowadays, considering weird things like Camilla getting more alts than Lucina, Lyn, and Ike -- all of whom are more popular than her -- and Azura getting such preferential treatment when she's also less popular than the aforementioned three and possibly some dudes like Hector. Xander got way too many alts and story attention during the first year for a character whose popularity was actually not that great, and up until this year's Valentine's banner all of Ike's alts were either voted in (Brave) or justified (RD Ike, although he didn't need to be legendary), and Roy lacked a legendary alt for quite a while. Don't forget that IS had to announce that a Thracia banner was coming because the fanbase was so annoyed by the lack of it.

Basically, if IS really wanted to, they could've made a Thracia banner without the two alts regardless of how highly Reinhardt scored or didn't score in CYL. They seem to just do whatever the fuck they want. But the Thracia banner was also released during the year of unnecessary alts in New Heroes banners, so that was just where IS's mindset was that time. I just don't think it's fair to say "if Reinhardt didn't place highly we would've had two actual new characters on that banner".

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not disputing that at all. I know at least three people on SF who liked him a lot before Heroes was ever a thing, so he had his fans ... just like every other Thracia character. He might've been the top request for a Thracia GHB, at the very least, because even now Raydrick and Veld seem super unpopular. If he wasn't ridiculously OP in Heroes, he may have just been another Thracia character whom people actually knew existed this time. I also wasn't happy that he and Olwen got alts, even though I like them both.

What I'm saying is that regardless of how insanely popular Reinhardt became, IS are the ones who ultimately chose to put him on the Thracia banner (alongside Olwen). Just being popular isn't a good measure of anything nowadays, considering weird things like Camilla getting more alts than Lucina, Lyn, and Ike -- all of whom are more popular than her -- and Azura getting such preferential treatment when she's also less popular than the aforementioned three and possibly some dudes like Hector. Xander got way too many alts and story attention during the first year for a character whose popularity was actually not that great, and up until this year's Valentine's banner all of Ike's alts were either voted in (Brave) or justified (RD Ike, although he didn't need to be legendary), and Roy lacked a legendary alt for quite a while. Don't forget that IS had to announce that a Thracia banner was coming because the fanbase was so annoyed by the lack of it.

Basically, if IS really wanted to, they could've made a Thracia banner without the two alts regardless of how highly Reinhardt scored or didn't score in CYL. They seem to just do whatever the fuck they want. But the Thracia banner was also released during the year of unnecessary alts in New Heroes banners, so that was just where IS's mindset was that time. I just don't think it's fair to say "if Reinhardt didn't place highly we would've had two actual new characters on that banner".

God I hated the year of unnecessary alts so much. If I could travel through time, I would change IS' plans for Year Two and replace all the unnecessary alts with actually new characters (like Knoll instead of Mage Knight Eirika, Reina instead of Kinshi Knight Hinoka, Asvel instead of Green Tome Olwen, Mareeta instead of Master Sword Reinhardt, etc.)