Do you think Three Houses gets censored for the West?

As of what has been revealed, there is nothing that would be censor worthy. 

ThaniBomb leaks:

Spoiler

as for that tea party leak, we'll have to see what it's like

Also Rapheal's underwear... what?

This seems premature. In order to censor something, there must first be something to censor, and we don't have that yet.

I am fully expecting this game's approach to romance to be akin to that of Persona (since so much of the game's out of combat experience seems to take inspiration from it), which wouldn't really require or encourage any such censorship.

I'll be frank - this is waaaaaaaay too early to be asking this. There's nothing that stands out as needing censoring yet...

40 minutes ago, Etheus said:

This seems premature. In order to censor something, there must first be something to censor, and we don't have that yet.

I am fully expecting this game's approach to romance to be akin to that of Persona (since so much of the game's out of combat experience seems to take inspiration from it), which wouldn't really require or encourage any such censorship.

This, plus this new Nintendo ain't past Nintendo plus the game is pretty much gold and ready at this point and we heard nothing about any changes we'd heard something by now so to answer no there won't be any.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Switch games won't be getting censored, at least not in the way titles in the past like TMS did. The most we'd see is text/dialogue changes and the like; the stuff that is already getting changed for localization. It's because of the region-free nature of the console.

By Raphael's underpants, he was referring to the Brawler screenshot. 

1) I don't think that needs censoring.

2) If it were to be changed, no big deal. Who would even want to look close enough to see an ugly man's undetailed briefs.

I actually find myself wanting it to be changed. Not because censorship, but because the Brawler outfit looks bad. Like, really bad.

Edited by Etheus

I don't think there will be a lot of censoring. Not much to censor so far, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I actually find myself wanting it to be changed. Not because censorship, but because the Brawler outfit looks bad. Like, really bad.

Yeah, it's a bit too short for my tastes. Roman outfit? Cool? Ridiculously short? Nah.

Nintendo hasn't censored anything this gen-- to the point where more niche and explicit 3rd party titles are starting to jump ship after Sony started cracking down.

11 minutes ago, OuendanCyrus said:

I wonder if they will rename "Leicester"

considering that's the town where I'm from.

That's actually the confirmed localised name. The map of Fódlan that we have is the one used in both the JPN and INT versions so the names on it are the official English names lol

29 minutes ago, OuendanCyrus said:

I wonder if they will rename "Leicester"

considering that's the town where I'm from.

That's never been an issue before.

Crimea is a real(Pretty geopolitically important) place, yet it's one of the most important countries in Tellius. Bern is also a major city in Switzerland.

Nintendo has been pretty lenient on the whole censorsihp stuff with the Switch so no, I don't think 3H is going to have any kind of censor. 

Now if this game was being published by Sony...

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Crimea is a real(Pretty geopolitically important) place, yet it's one of the most important countries in Tellius. Bern is also a major city in Switzerland.

Bern (as well as Ostia and Laus) were renamed for the European release. Crimea wasn't, though.

5 hours ago, Etheus said:

By Raphael's underpants, he was referring to the Brawler screenshot. 

1) I don't think that needs censoring.

2) If it were to be changed, no big deal. Who would even want to look close enough to see an ugly man's undetailed briefs.

In Fates 80% of classes have their asses showing, I don't think the Raph's undies are an issue lol.

not until there's something that the localization team arbitrarily deems unfit for western eyes

There hasn't been any controversial content revealed yet, the closest we have to something that could draw negative attention from the west is the possibility of being able to romance your students and even then that hasn't been officially confirmed.

If I recall correctly warriors made it out unscathed, so maybe not, though that will remain to be seen, I don't think that the lack of region locking will actively prevent censorship however.

23 hours ago, Slumber said:

And Bern did get renamed.

2 minutes ago, OuendanCyrus said:

And Bern did get renamed.

To be fair, Bern wasn't in a game with voice acting. I doubt they'd redo all the lines that mention Leicester and change the map just because it's named after a real place.