How old is your computer?

XRay

So my laptop is like really old. My laptop is like over 10 years old, while my cat is only like 5 years old. It has a dual core Centrino CPU and a GTX 260M GPU, with 4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive. It is fine for browsing the web and watching movies, but I cannot really game on it. I costed like $1,300 something back in the day.

My oldest laptop is like from the early 2000s, with Window XP and 20GB hard drive.

If I buy a new computer, I want to stick with a laptop for its mobility. I plan to get something anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000, but it is going to take a little while for me to save up and all, since I want to get a Switch.

So, how old is your PC? Do you want to replace yours?

My desktop is late 2013 according to System Information. Thought it was older than that, tbh, I vaguely remember having to send it in under warranty to fix a part around that time so maybe that's what it is referring to. I bought it from Best Buy for probably around 400 or 500 dollars with graduation money. I didn't care then how much I care now about the benefits of building your own computer, and I hope to experience that one day. Not necessarily soon, though. The only new PC games I get are the multiplayer variety since my single player gaming is typically on consoles. And these days, game developers have made multiplayer PC games exceptionally accessible with lowered graphic setting options. I wish the games I had on PC could look as nice as possible, but it has never felt like a deal breaker. If anything the greatest need for some upgrades would be faster rendering of videos when I upload a three hour speedrun.

As for my laptop, that's a 2007 hand me down from my brother. It actually saved my ass a few weeks ago when I couldn't find time to build a presentation for my research paper before a scheduled power outage. And also couldn't leave the house while we were installing a new power panel. So I juiced up the laptop ahead of time and built it on there. I haven't had need of a laptop in my line of work/school so I don't see myself picking up a new one.

Edited by Glennstavos

My laptop is 11 years old and I upgraded it to windows 10 a couple of years ago.  I bought the best laptop I could when I started college and it still works fine for me.

Macbook is about 8 years old, and I think it's shot. Turning it on brings up a dark screen and that's it. I want to try taking it in for repairs one of these days, but my hopes are not high. I've already evacuated everything important on it.

ASUS is about 3 years old. I've always had problems with the touch sensitivity but it's still going strong.

My desktop PC is nearly 6 years old, with some changes here and there (and replacing my GTX 780 video card twice thanks to it faulting two times over the years that it was covered under warranty). Still contemplating on whether or not to build a rig based on Ryzen 3rd generation when it comes out, and then sell my current one.