Known Character Strengths and Weaknesses

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lorenz' Weapon Skills:

FETH31.thumb.jpg.fd466a3a026f4504ed5b38675d50eb0c.jpg

He also starts with a D in Riding, so that should be a Strength.

//

Raphael starts with a D in Armour, and D in Brawling, E+ in Axes. So all should be Strengths for him.

Edited by LSM

some of the videos were showing off brief previews that you can get of all of the students in each house, and it seems that they also list strengths and weaknesses (but no hidden talents). claude has a strength in swords, bows, authority, and flying while having a weakness in lance and faith

2019070710252200-0DC6ECE91CF3F6F02BAFC00

at this timestamp of gameinformer's video, you can see raph has a strength in axes, gauntlets, and heavy armor, but a weakness in bows, reason, and riding

In Kotaku's monastery video, Lysithea and Ignatz had E+ Authority at level 1. Not sure if that means a strength or if they have already been tutored in it but thought I'd say. 

2 minutes ago, timon said:

Do we know what those "Classes" tabs are and why there's two of them? Might hint to preskip and post skip classes, in which case maybe we can avoid horse emblem.

Check the video:

Short answer: Its just only the first 2 tiers in the first tab and Advanced/Master in the second one.

42 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Marianne has strengths in flying, riding and faith, while weaknesses in armour and brawling. From the ign video

Oh that makes completely sense considering her known traits (Devout religious and animal friend).

1 hour ago, Nio said:

Dorothea is no good with Riding/Flying. She looks like a sick mixed unit (that one with swords+reason)

Sin título.png

Damn, doesn't that make Dorothea the first character to have more weaknesses than strengths? at least by default.

3 minutes ago, Marros said:

Damn, doesn't that make Dorothea the first character to have more weaknesses than strengths? at least by default.

IIRC hidden talents not only unlock skills, but also create strength. So you can "reverse" that faith weakness and make it a strength.

EDIT: sorry, re-read and noticed the "by default"

Edited by timon

Interesting Marianne has a sword strength. Also I love how despite being a prodigy, Lysithea has some of the most weaknesses we've seen so far.

7 minutes ago, timon said:

IIRC hidden talents not only unlock skills, but also create strength. So you can "reverse" that faith weakness and make it a strength.

I know, that's why I said "by default".

I gotta say though, the distribution of Strengths and Weaknesses of characters is all over the damn place, like most people have 2-3 strengths and 1-2 weaknesses, but then you have Dedue with 4 and 3, Lysithea with 3 and 4.

and then you get Ferdinand with No weaknesses at all, four strengths, and a hidden talent. Gotta wonder what the balancing factor is... if there is one.

Also I love how despite being a prodigy, Lysithea has some of the most weaknesses we've seen so far.

I'm kinda curious how this will play out with her personal skill and how much wxp from battles will matter in the face of all the tutoring options. Because as far as battle xp goes, her weaknesses are functionally the same as everyone else's neutral. of course the real question is will her stats even support trying to make a physical fighter out of her.

Edited by Marros

1 hour ago, PurpleHairedMage said:

This video goes through the preview for all the Golden Deer. Most notably, Lysithea is bad with sword, lances, and axes (and armor), and Leonie has no weaknesses.

This video is super helpful for anyone picking Golden Deer, thanks for bringing this up.

2 hours ago, PurpleHairedMage said:

This video goes through the preview for all the Golden Deer. Most notably, Lysithea is bad with sword, lances, and axes (and armor), and Leonie has no weaknesses.

Oh boy......

Spoiler

If Lysithea doesn't have at least a hidden talent in swords (or if Marianne doesn't have a hidden talent in axes), some SHENANIGANS are up with their crests.

1 hour ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Oh boy......

Hide contents

If Lysithea doesn't have at least a hidden talent in swords (or if Marianne doesn't have a hidden talent in axes), some SHENANIGANS are up with their crests.

Lysithea does have a hidden talent in swords.

You can see it at around 7:44 min.

Ignatz does have a hidden talent in reason.

Interesting that there's a double arrow over C supports, that negates the "A+" option. (in that german video at around 8:25 , Marianne has a C>> option with Ferdinand).

Also a lot more "between houses" supports than what I thought, it will take a while to see every dialogue.

Edited by timon

From the Kotaku videos, what I think is the starting Skill ranks for the Golden Deer are:

FETH32.thumb.jpg.3d1753c95d9cd52548865b006e971e3e.jpg

Points of note:

• Despite no Strength in it, Claude seems to start with a E+ in Riding.
  • Marianne starts D+ in Faith.
  • Leonie starts in D+ Lances.
  • Golden Deer lack anyone like Ferdinand or Petra (with four ranks above E) but Hilda is the only one with the D/E+ set-up (four Black Eagles had that).

I didn't have to figure them out like with the Black Eagles, as everyone was at level 1 (except Claude at 4 and Hilda at 3) and there hadn't even been a week of lecturing - just Tutoring and a touch of combat. Claude is the only one that's really weirding me out with that E+ Riding.

A reminder of Black Eagles:

FETH18.thumb.jpg.396175c430f1c284dcdc0fc5b3b22bb1.jpg

9 hours ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Lysithea does have a hidden talent in swords.

You can see it at around 7:44 min.

Ignatz does have a hidden talent in reason.

Few things: Marie sounds alot like Haru from persona 5, and the first faith spell she has is....nosferatu(which is super creepy, because she is a holy lonely girl who's only frends are animals, and her first "holy" spell is Life drain.....) 

Edited by User name

8 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

Flayne got Three Weapon EXP with a lance and 5 Weapon EXP with Faith as a priest, so we at least know she is good with Lance and Faith.

Sounds like a Holy Knight candidate.

Not sure where this info belongs, but in this video we see Shamir reaching A+ in bows and still having exp to go, so S weapon rank is basically confirmed. I'd say even more considering this is still pre timeskip. Not sure what the hell we're doing with weapons after timeskip (maybe we're supposed to master everything with every character), unless there's a whole new tier of weapon ranks.