Known Character Strengths and Weaknesses

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm confident on:

• Dimitri: ^^ Swords, Lances, Authority, Riding ---- vv Bows, Faith ---- HT ???
  • Dedue: ^^ Lances, Axes, Brawling, Armour ---- vv Faith, Riding, Flying ---- HT None
  • Felix: ^^ Swords, Bows, Brawling ---- vv Reason, Authority ---- HT Reason
  • Ashe: ^^ Axes, Bows ---- vv Reason ---- HT Lances
  • Mercedes: ^^ Reason, Faith ---- vv Swords, Spears, Axes ---- HT Bows
  • Annette: ^^ Axes, Reason, Authority ---- vv ??? ---- HT ???
  • Sylvain: ^^ Lances, Axes, Riding ---- vv Bows ---- HT ???
  • Ingrid: ^^ Swords, Lances, Riding, Flying ---- vv ??? ---- HT ???

Notes:

• Dimitri's only unknowns are Armour and Flying. Both Edelgard and Claude have Hidden Talents and we don't know if Dimitri has one yet. I could see Armour for him.
  • Dedue is fully known.
  • Felix is fully known, unless he has a second Hidden Talent in Riding or Flying but I doubt that's possible.
  • Ashe's only questions are his Movement Skills, but we know he starts with E's in them so no Strengths at least.
  • Mercedes might have a a Strength or Weakness in the Movement Skills that we haven't seen.
  • Annette is the big question mark. She's definitely strong in Axes, Reason, Authority but we have no idea on anything else.
  • Sylvain is known, except for any Hidden Talent.
  • Ingrid has four Strengths known, but could have more. (Though so far we haven't seen anyone with more than four.) She seems to be Neutral in Brawling and Faith (from Seminar calculations), leaving Axes, Bows, Reason and Armour unknown. It's also unknown if she has a Hidden Talent. 

Edit: So like this:

FETH34.jpg.bc3fd177b9ae7617ccffe3a35b851d9c.jpg

Edited by LSM

https://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Black_Eagles_Characters

https://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Blue_Lions_Characters

https://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Golden_Deer_Characters

First things first, the fact that the Golden Deers page is called "Golden Deer" while the other are plural hurts me a lot.

That said, I found those that we didn't know (might have missed some, also Bernadetta page doesn't exist). Also you can find starting ranks for those interested.

- Edelgard is confirmed to have good Armour
- Hubert is bad at Flying
- Caspar has no movement skill nor hidden talents, so just +Axe/Brawling -Bow
- Dimitri is NOT proficient by default at Riding, he has a hidden talent in it
- Ingrid has no weaknesses nor hidden talents
- Annette has good Axe, Reason and Authority, bad Bow and Armour
- Mercedes has bad Armour
- Ashe has no strength/weakness in movement skills
- Sylvain has a hidden talent in Reason (he's the perfect Dark Knight)
- Marianne has an hidden talent in Lances (yaasss), bad at Brawling and Armour (I think we knew that)
- Ignatz has good Authority and bad Flying
- Leonie has no hidden talents
- Raphael has good Armour and bad Riding
- Lorenz has good Bow
- Hilda has an Armour talent

That's all I could find, there could be more but I don't exactly know what we already know.

EDIT: oh, and Byleth is not customizable https://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Byleth#Background and also has strengths in Lance and Bow

EDIT2: page with all characters (might include spoilers on who's playable) https://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Characters

Edited by timon

59 minutes ago, timon said:

https://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Black_Eagles_Characters

https://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Blue_Lions_Characters

https://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Golden_Deer_Characters

First things first, the fact that the Golden Deers page is called "Golden Deer" while the other are plural hurts me a lot.

That said, I found those that we didn't know (might have missed some, also Bernadetta page doesn't exist). Also you can find starting ranks for those interested.

- Edelgard is confirmed to have good Armour
- Hubert is bad at Flying
- Caspar has no movement skill nor hidden talents, so just +Axe/Brawling -Bow
- Dimitri is NOT proficient by default at Riding, he has a hidden talent in it
- Ingrid has no weaknesses nor hidden talents
- Annette has good Axe, Reason and Authority, bad Bow and Armour
- Mercedes has bad Armour
- Ashe has no strength/weakness in movement skills
- Sylvain has a hidden talent in Reason (he's the perfect Dark Knight)
- Marianne has an hidden talent in Lances (yaasss), bad at Brawling and Armour (I think we knew that)
- Ignatz has good Authority and bad Flying
- Leonie has no hidden talents
- Raphael has good Armour and bad Riding
- Lorenz has good Bow
- Hilda has an Armour talent

That's all I could find, there could be more but I don't exactly know what we already know.

EDIT: oh, and Byleth is not customizable https://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Byleth#Background and also has strengths in Lance and Bow

EDIT2: page with all characters (might include spoilers on who's playable) https://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Characters

Sadly, it seems that only Byleth and the students have any information.

Some of those likes and dislikes are interesting.

Also, it says that Claude has a strength in Riding even though that picture we got earlier didn't have that listed.

4 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Sadly, it seems that only Byleth and the students have any information.

Some of those likes and dislikes are interesting.

Also, it says that Claude has a strength in Riding even though that picture we got earlier didn't have that listed.

Oh yeah, didn't pay much attention to likes and dislikes at first, but there's definitely some to be discovered there, Ingrid dislikes people from a certain place (interesting background), Marianne dislikes herself, which is sad, but more surprisingly Dorothea dislikes herself as well which is weird, considering how extroverted she is.

And then Hubert dislikes the Church, so Edelgard has a friend that wants to overthrow her and one that hates the Church of her own empire. Not surprised she loses it a bit rofl

1 minute ago, timon said:

Oh yeah, didn't pay much attention to likes and dislikes at first, but there's definitely some to be discovered there, Ingrid dislikes people from a certain place (interesting background), Marianne dislikes herself, which is sad, but more surprisingly Dorothea dislikes herself as well which is weird, considering how extroverted she is.

And then Hubert dislikes the Church, so Edelgard has a friend that wants to overthrow her and one that hates the Church of her own empire. Not surprised she loses it a bit rofl

The profiles also have a lot of information. Apparently Dimitri's dad is dead and the people of Duscur were blamed for it (which is probably why Ingrid dislikes them).

So it appears that Duscur are the victims of this game's Serenes Massacre it seems. I think the profiles themselves warrant their own thread.

Just now, Namarid said:

Do we know what the finger pointing up next to the skill level is supposed to mean?  It appears when you are instructing the students

It's a professor bonus from Byleth. They gain extra exp from what Byleth is good at (so swords, lances, bows, brawl, authority and eventually faith presumably if you level up his faith enough that his talent blooms).

2 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Do we know what the finger pointing up next to the skill level is supposed to mean?  It appears when you are instructing the students

It's a bonus from you if you have a higher level than them in the skill

2 hours ago, timon said:

"Deer" is the plural of "deer". Compare with "fish" and "sheep".

Edited by Druplesnubb

Something about Lorenz being good with bows, taken from the wiki, seems off to me. If it was a strength of his then why would it not show up in the game as one during Claude's introduction of the golden deer students?

5 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

"Deer" is the plural of "deer". Compare with "fish" and "sheep".

My world has changed. Thanks for the info (not a native english speaker, didn't even know about fish and sheep).

Edited by timon

I don't know if this is the topic for this (or if this is old news) but since the IGN article is being used, I thought I'd bring it up.

Anyone notice Lysithea's got 2 crests? I don't know if it's a typo or old news but I thought I'd point it out.

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

I don't know if this is the topic for this (or if this is old news) but since the IGN article is being used, I thought I'd bring it up.

Anyone notice Lysithea's got 2 crests? I don't know if it's a typo or old news but I thought I'd point it out.

We've seen her other crest in action in game play.

20 hours ago, timon said:

Interesting that there's a double arrow over C supports, that negates the "A+" option. (in that german video at around 8:25 , Marianne has a C>> option with Ferdinand).

Also a lot more "between houses" supports than what I thought, it will take a while to see every dialogue.

So it turns out that the arrows mean that you have to have multiple support convos before you reach that rank (I'd guess three instead of the usual one but that remains to be seen)

36 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Something about Lorenz being good with bows, taken from the wiki, seems off to me. If it was a strength of his then why would it not show up in the game as one during Claude's introduction of the golden deer students?

Yeah something seems fishy there. Maybe it was a mistake, or he has a hidden talent?

4 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Does unlocking budding talent require:

• tutoring 3 times? or
  • reaching a certain rank?

I've seen a video of a guy training Hubert in lance (I'd link it, but I've watched too many previews to remember which one it is). IIRC his Hubert is at E+, he instructs him 2 times and he gains 2 stars, but the third time he instructs he doesn't gain the third star. So I guess it's based in amount of tutoring but not 3 times=3 stars. I'm not sure weapon rank has something to do with it because we're told multiple times that a talent "blooms" when Byleth invests time in it, so specifically instructing, not fighting with that weapon.

Anyway, at least for Hubert, it doesn't look that difficult to achieve. It may be another story for some talents that are in an initial weakness (Felix with Reason or Dorothea with Faith come to mind).

2 hours ago, timon said:

I've seen a video of a guy training Hubert in lance (I'd link it, but I've watched too many previews to remember which one it is). IIRC his Hubert is at E+, he instructs him 2 times and he gains 2 stars, but the third time he instructs he doesn't gain the third star. So I guess it's based in amount of tutoring but not 3 times=3 stars. I'm not sure weapon rank has something to do with it because we're told multiple times that a talent "blooms" when Byleth invests time in it, so specifically instructing, not fighting with that weapon.

Anyway, at least for Hubert, it doesn't look that difficult to achieve. It may be another story for some talents that are in an initial weakness (Felix with Reason or Dorothea with Faith come to mind).

So since Byleth's training is how hidden talents happen, how does byleth gain their own hidden talent in faith? Do we know how that might happen?

23 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

So since Byleth's training is how hidden talents happen, how does byleth gain their own hidden talent in faith? Do we know how that might happen?

My prediction is that their budding talent is plot relevant.

They have initially indifferent views in the Goddess but their encounter with Sothis and events in the game causes it to bloom.

But hey, that's just a theory.

Their strengths and budding talents helped me eyeball their Advanced/Master Classes. My concern for each student is which path is of least resistance?

Edited by Jayvee94

1 hour ago, firewitch912 said:

Eh, good question. Either it's plot unlocked (could be, since it's faith) or faith seminars/faculty training I guess.

3 hours ago, firewitch912 said:

I'd guess Faculty Training?